SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

Jun. 4, 2018 at 11:04 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Banks
Score doesnt reflect the game so far, Vegas has missed so many grade A chances

We should’ve been down 2 or 3 after the first 10 minutes. Luckily that’s the only 10 minutes they played. The rest was a real expansion team
Jun. 5, 2018 at 1:51 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
@krakowitz is it hard for you to believe that the Caps are just a win away from the cup?
Jun. 5, 2018 at 1:51 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
6-2, wow. Not a great game by the Knights, as well as a great game by the Caps. That, of course, means a Caps victory. Vegas hit like, 3 posts or something.
Jun. 5, 2018 at 9:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
@krakowitz is it hard for you to believe that the Caps are just a win away from the cup?

I won't quote this post to give you the notification any more, just doing it this once in case you missed it.
Jun. 5, 2018 at 9:23 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I won't quote this post to give you the notification any more, just doing it this once in case you missed it.

I purposely didn’t say anything. I’m staying humble, because anything can happen until we’ve won 4 games
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 5, 2018 at 10:01 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Well, 32 of 33 teams won the Cup after a 3x1 series. So, unless the greatest magic of all those Vegas made the entire season happens, Washington will be FINALLY the champions this time. Unfortunately.

X factor against Vegas in this series is William Karlsson lack of offensive production and the unbelieveble scoring chances missed, specially last game. If Vegas have scored them, they probably would win the game and everything could happen in the series. But they didn't and now only a miracle like USA winning against URSS in Olympics and Washington beaten Pens in this postseason can give Vegas the Cup to complete their epic season. I can't see that happening (unfortunately, again).

PS: It'll be a HUGE shame if Ovechkin wins the Conn Smite instead of Kuznetsov. Even greatest than Crosby instead of Kessel in our first back to back cups. But he probably will, because many times the trophy is not for the MVP, but for the most popular player.
Jun. 5, 2018 at 11:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
Well, 32 of 33 teams won the Cup after a 3x1 series. So, unless the greatest magic of all those Vegas made the entire season happens, Washington will be FINALLY the champions this time. Unfortunately.

X factor against Vegas in this series is William Karlsson lack of offensive production and the unbelieveble scoring chances missed, specially last game. If Vegas have scored them, they probably would win the game and everything could happen in the series. But they didn't and now only a miracle like USA winning against URSS in Olympics and Washington beaten Pens in this postseason can give Vegas the Cup to complete their epic season. I can't see that happening (unfortunately, again).

PS: It'll be a HUGE shame if Ovechkin wins the Conn Smite instead of Kuznetsov. Even greatest than Crosby instead of Kessel in our first back to back cups. But he probably will, because many times the trophy is not for the MVP, but for the most popular player.

Crosby should have won those 2 Conn Smythes. Ovi should win it this year if Washington wins the cup. Not Kuznetsov. Kuznetsov isn't only scoring, but Ovechkin is doing way more. He's doing everything. He has to win if if they win.
Jun. 6, 2018 at 1:42 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Crosby should have won those 2 Conn Smythes. Ovi should win it this year if Washington wins the cup. Not Kuznetsov. Kuznetsov isn't only scoring, but Ovechkin is doing way more. He's doing everything. He has to win if if they win.

Disagree with your both statements. Kessel was our most consistent player and he was pretty decisive in many games. Crosby was the most decisive in the Finals. If the trophy is just for the Finals MVP, then NHL should tell us, cause everyone knows that Conn Smite is for the MVP of the entire playoffs.

As for Washington...Kuznetsov is pretty consistent either and he's been outstanding almost every games scoring and/or assisting his mates. But I know he wont. With Ovechkin finally winning his cup, there's no chance to not see him winning as MVP either. No matter what any Capitals player does. Unfortunately, that's how the things happen...
Jun. 6, 2018 at 1:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Disagree with your both statements. Kessel was our most consistent player. And Kuznetsov either. But I know he wont. With Ovechkin finally winning his cup, there's no chance to not see him winning as MVP either. No matter what any Capitals player does.

Ovi hasn't gone 2 games in a row without a point. He's been consistent.
Jun. 6, 2018 at 1:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
3-1 series lead for the Caps. The Knights need Fleury to be at his very best in game 5. At this point they're keeping their season alive. Washington will look to end their own season tomorrow, but not by losing lol.
Jun. 6, 2018 at 2:06 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
3-1 series lead for the Caps. The Knights need Fleury to be at his very best in game 5. At this point they're keeping their season alive. Washington will look to end their own season tomorrow, but not by losing lol.

To me Knights mission is not lose at home. It'd be a huge unfair moment for the best expansion team of all time. I see Capitals winning at home in game 6.

As for Fleury, he's not been amazing as he had been till Washington series. Ok. But anyone who blame him for Vegas is losing the series don't understand at all the sport. It's quite obvious that his defense have been playing terrible the entire series. Washington had thousands of odd man rushes against Vegas and they score many empty net goals with poor Fleury just watching or trying an impossible desperation save. So, to me the X factor for Vegas is improve their D, not Fleury's level. And I'll add not waste clear scoring chances either.
Jun. 6, 2018 at 5:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
To me Knights mission is not lose at home. It'd be a huge unfair moment for the best expansion team of all time. I see Capitals winning at home in game 6.

As for Fleury, he's not been amazing as he had been till Washington series. Ok. But anyone who blame him for Vegas is losing the series don't understand at all the sport. It's quite obvious that his defense have been playing terrible the entire series. Washington had thousands of odd man rushes against Vegas and they score many empty net goals with poor Fleury just watching or trying an impossible desperation save. So, to me the X factor for Vegas is improve their D, not Fleury's level. And I'll add not waste clear scoring chances either.

Agreed. First of all, yes, i think Washington wins in 6. Also, yeah, i agree, it isn't Fleury's fault at all (though if we were in Nashville, then the fans would think so lol. After the Preds score at home in the playoffs, the fans yell 'it's all your fault' at the other goalie, which you may have already known. Not everyone would get it though, not everyone knows this i guess, even on this site). The Caps have just been really good and they've got so many wide open nets, and Fleury's had no chance on those.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Jun. 6, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Agreed. First of all, yes, i think Washington wins in 6. Also, yeah, i agree, it isn't Fleury's fault at all (though if we were in Nashville, then the fans would think so lol. After the Preds score at home in the playoffs, the fans yell 'it's all your fault' at the other goalie, which you may have already known. Not everyone would get it though, not everyone knows this i guess, even on this site). The Caps have just been really good and they've got so many wide open nets, and Fleury's had no chance on those.

U made me remember about something that I consider stupid by the Caps fans at their arena. They all scream "Fleury" after the goals. Ok if they do it once a game, cause it's because of the rivalry against Pens. But man, why they don't scream Holtby's name instead of Fleury??? Why waste your time trying to piss goalie rival when your goalie is playing at top level making some huge saves (one of them is probably the save of the year, when Holtby saves the day in game 3 with an unbelieveble stick save to rob Tuch). Or maybe scream Kuznetsov or Ovechkin's name. It's seems like Washington fans prefer to mock their rivals instead of support their team. I really can't get it.
Jun. 6, 2018 at 7:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
U made me remember about something that I consider stupid by the Caps fans at their arena. They all scream "Fleury" after the goals. Ok if they do it once a game, cause it's because of the rivalry against Pens. But man, why they don't scream Holtby's name instead of Fleury??? Why waste your time trying to piss goalie rival when your goalie is playing at top level making some huge saves (one of them is probably the save of the year, when Holtby saves the day in game 3 with an unbelieveble stick save to rob Tuch). Or maybe scream Kuznetsov or Ovechkin's name. It's seems like Washington fans prefer to mock their rivals instead of support their team. I really can't get it.

2 Sticking Out Tongue
Jun. 6, 2018 at 9:29 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
2 Sticking Out Tongue

It's pretty cool when you Rangers fans scream "King" for Lundqvist and we Pens fans used to scream "Flower" and now "Murray". That's how you support your team and boost your players.
Jun. 6, 2018 at 10:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
It's pretty cool when you Rangers fans scream "King" for Lundqvist and we Pens fans used to scream "Flower" and now "Murray". That's how you support your team and boost your players.

Golden Knights fans have been yelling Fleury's name because of how good he is.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Jun. 6, 2018 at 11:23 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Golden Knights fans have been yelling Fleury's name because of how good he is.

Yeah. Well remembered. In fact, Vegas first year have been amazing not just on but off the ice either. Their production in game 1 before the game was the best that I've seen in NHL. It's a NFL standard production. To honor Vegas first year performance. Buffer introducing the lineups was the best moment of all. And that game was the best of the entire playoffs this season. Both teams played with a huge energy and intensity. Surely one of the best games that I've seen.
Jun. 7, 2018 at 10:12 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Yeah. Well remembered. In fact, Vegas first year have been amazing not just on but off the ice either. Their production in game 1 before the game was the best that I've seen in NHL. It's a NFL standard production. To honor Vegas first year performance. Buffer introducing the lineups was the best moment of all. And that game was the best of the entire playoffs this season. Both teams played with a huge energy and intensity. Surely one of the best games that I've seen.

The pre-game show they've done in Vegas is mostly on the ice Sticking Out Tongue
Jun. 7, 2018 at 10:14 a.m.
Below Market Value

Almost every team does this at their home arena, especially in the playoffs. It's nothing new.
Jun. 7, 2018 at 10:17 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Almost every team does this at their home arena, especially in the playoffs. It's nothing new.

The Jets fans we're yelling Fleury's name too. And of course Preds fans were telling whichever goalie they score on, "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"
Jun. 7, 2018 at 2:34 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
The pre-game show they've done in Vegas is mostly on the ice Sticking Out Tongue

Lol you got me now. 1x0. Sticking Out Tongue
Jun. 7, 2018 at 2:37 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Still makes no sense to me. At least not when you scream more rival players names than yours. I won't think that's something cool just because we usually see that happens in playoffs.
Jun. 7, 2018 at 4:26 p.m.
Still makes no sense to me. At least not when you scream more rival players names than yours. I won't think that's something cool just because we usually see that happens in playoffs.

Nashville does it all the time, playoffs or not. It's definitely not something localized to the Washington fanbase.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 12:04 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mtdavis311
Nashville does it all the time, playoffs or not. It's definitely not something localized to the Washington fanbase.

Nashville does it in the regular season? I thought it was just a playoff thing.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 12:05 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
What ... just ... happened?

Did the Caps actually just win the cup? I guess they did.

And i had it right from the start of the season.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll