SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

Jun. 8, 2018 at 12:09 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Great seeing Ovi win the cup ... now the Caps are probably one of the teams around the middle of my list for who i WANT to win next season. Go Rangers and Islanders!

But i doubt either of them wins the cup next year lol
Jun. 8, 2018 at 10:33 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
What ... just ... happened?

Did the Caps actually just win the cup? I guess they did.

And i had it right from the start of the season.

A dead clock is right twice a day
DoctorBreakfast liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 12:49 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
What ... just ... happened?

Did the Caps actually just win the cup? I guess they did.

And i had it right from the start of the season.

Vegas lose the series and the cup in game 4. They were mentally devastated after losing a game like that. They had clear scoring chances to make 2 goals early in the game and change not just the game scenario, but maybe the entire series. The team played a terrible defensive game the entire series giving thousands of odd man rushes and breakaways. No team can win in playoffs, specially in Finals, making such mistakes all the time. Washington have an agressive forecheck and made Vegas turnover the puck so many times.

PS.: Washington really deserves to win the Cup. They were a intense team, agressive, dominant and not just their top players played so well, but depth players either. Specially DSP. So, congrats to all Caps fans for finally win their first cup.

PS.2.: Vegas deserves to be congratulated either, cause they made the best expansion team performance of all time and they had the best show times before the Finals that I've ever seen. Gallant and McPhee both deserves to win as the best HC and GM respectively unanimously.

PS.3.: I'm excited to see next FA and pretty curious to see which team Tavares and Carlson will sign (I think both will stay with their teams, specially if Capitals buyout Orpik's contract. What they should do.)

PS.4.: I'm even more excited to next season. Is it already October!?

PS.5.: GO PENS!!! Sticking Out Tongue
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 2:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
Vegas lose the series and the cup in game 4. They were mentally devastated after losing a game like that. They had clear scoring chances to make 2 goals early in the game and change not just the game scenario, but maybe the entire series. The team played a terrible defensive game the entire series giving thousands of odd man rushes and breakaways. No team can win in playoffs, specially in Finals, making such mistakes all the time. Washington have an agressive forecheck and made Vegas turnover the puck so many times.

PS.: Washington really deserves to win the Cup. They were a intense team, agressive, dominant and not just their top players played so well, but depth players either. Specially DSP. So, congrats to all Caps fans for finally win their first cup.

PS.2.: Vegas deserves to be congratulated either, cause they made the best expansion team performance of all time and they had the best show times before the Finals that I've ever seen. Gallant and McPhee both deserves to win as the best HC and GM respectively unanimously.

PS.3.: I'm excited to see next FA and pretty curious to see which team Tavares and Carlson will sign (I think both will stay with their teams, specially if Capitals buyout Orpik's contract. What they should do.)

I agree with all but the 5th PS.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 2:10 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Well, i agree with most of this other than the 5th PS lol. I do disagree about buying out Orpik. After they won the cup, they shouldn't buy him out. He played pretty good in the playoffs. Sure, he's not worth 5.5M per year or whatever he's making, but don't teams still have to pay half a player's salary when they are bought out?

And anyway, there's always cap space in Washington. awesome face (Get it?)
Jun. 11, 2018 at 9:52 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Well, i agree with most of this other than the 5th PS lol. I do disagree about buying out Orpik. After they won the cup, they shouldn't buy him out. He played pretty good in the playoffs. Sure, he's not worth 5.5M per year or whatever he's making, but don't teams still have to pay half a player's salary when they are bought out?

And anyway, there's always cap space in Washington. awesome face (Get it?)

I didn't expect u to like my 5th PS anyway. Lol

As for Orpik...you're right. The cup saved Caps to have to buyout his contract and probably they'll trade him retaining half of his salary. He can worth a trade in such terms for a team that wants a physical stay at home d-man.

I can see him going to Islanders in a trade involving Grubauer either.
Jun. 12, 2018 at 12:41 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

As for Orpik...you're right. The cup saved Caps to have to buyout his contract and probably they'll trade him retaining half of his salary. He can worth a trade in such terms for a team that wants a physical stay at home d-man.

Yes, that could happen, but after they won the cup i owner if they'll just keep him.

Edit: Spell-correct again i believe ... i meant to say 'wonder', not 'owner'.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Jun. 12, 2018 at 2:58 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Yes, that could happen, but after they won the cup i owner if they'll just keep him.

Edit: Spell-correct again i believe ... i meant to say 'wonder', not 'owner'.

No problem at all, man.

I simulated a scenario with Orpik and re-signing Carlson. I think Carlson will demand something about 7.5M and 8M/year, after a SC championship. Tom Wilson probably will worths something about 3M and DSP something about 1.5M and 2M. In a perfect scenario, Capitals would be dangerously close to the salary cap (I put a salary cap of 80M, based on most projections for the next season). Anyway, I think they can at least try to keep both and re'sign their best depth players. Maybe they can do it. We'll see what's gonna happen...
Jun. 15, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Hockeylover360
Brexit, Cubs winning the World Series, Donald Trump winning the election, Eagles winning the Super Bowl, Caps making it past the second round, and now Vegas winning the cup! Wow, how predictable is the world now?

@Hockeylover360 you said this after the Knights made it to the final ... um ...
Jun. 17, 2018 at 7:54 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
@Hockeylover360 you said this after the Knights made it to the final ... um ...

Jinxed it! laugh
Jun. 17, 2018 at 1:59 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Hockeylover360
Jinxed it! laugh

Just edit the post and make it 'Vegas making it to the final' lol.
Hockeylover360 liked this.
Jun. 17, 2018 at 8:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I wonder what Crosby would have to say about Ovi winning the cup.
Jun. 17, 2018 at 8:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Actually, here's what Sid would say: "It's good to see him finally win one. Not too happy about the fact they beat us but he's waited a long time for this. So it's great to see him win the cup."

Here's what Sid would be THINKING in his head: "Why? Why did they have to win the cup? I wanted Ovi and the Caps to lose after they beat us. Or even if they hadn't beat us and the Flyers had. Why them? HE'S SUPPOSED TO LOSE!"

Lol, jk. I'm sure he's probably happy to see Ovechkin win the cup. Sticking Out Tongue
Jun. 27, 2018 at 2:10 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I guess Orpik got traded and then bought out ...
Jun. 27, 2018 at 9:37 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
I guess Orpik got traded and then bought out ...

That's huge from Washington's perspective. After trade Orpik with no retaining, they can re-sign probably all (or almost, cause I think they will lose Beagle) their FAs.
Jun. 28, 2018 at 1:37 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
That's huge from Washington's perspective. After trade Orpik with no retaining, they can re-sign probably all (or almost, cause I think they will lose Beagle) their FAs.

Well they've already re-signed John Carlson.
Jun. 28, 2018 at 1:38 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Since the playoffs are done, i have a question: What do you think was the best series this playoffs? I'd say maybe Tampa Bay vs. Washington. Possibly Nashville vs. Winnipeg. Or maybe Columbus vs. Washington.
Jun. 28, 2018 at 11:18 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Well they've already re-signed John Carlson.

And DSP with a good discount. So, there's a good chance to what I said happen. As a Pens fan, I wouldn't like to see that coming, but probably will...
Jun. 28, 2018 at 12:24 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
And DSP with a good discount. So, there's a good chance to what I said happen. As a Pens fan, I wouldn't like to see that coming, but probably will...

Are you a Capitals hater then? Or you want the Pens to sign one of their players?
Jun. 28, 2018 at 1:05 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Are you a Capitals hater then? Or you want the Pens to sign one of their players?

Well, it's quite obvious that Pens x Caps are the greatest Metropolitan rivalry in last years and one of the greatest of the entire league. It's impossible to see any Pens fan cheering for Washington and the same happens with them. After 2 cups to Pens and now they won their first, it's very likely that the rivalry between both teams increase even more. I don't hate Caps fans. It's important to let this clear. But surely I hate their team. And they surely hate mine. lol

That rivalry comes since Ovechkin x Crosby matchups started.
Jun. 28, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/760256

Take a look on my armchair and tell me what u think, pls. It's about a possible Phil's trade, if the things between him and Sullivan don't get fixed and JR decides to trade him.

PS: I don't wanna see that happening. To me it should be water under the brigde. But there're some rumours about the possibility of that coming. So...
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:52 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/760256

Take a look on my armchair and tell me what u think, pls. It's about a possible Phil's trade, if the things between him and Sullivan don't get fixed and JR decides to trade him.

PS: I don't wanna see that happening. To me it should be water under the brigde. But there're some rumours about the possibility of that coming. So...

It's decent. I don't see either team trading those players but in value it could be fair. Panarin's younger but Kessel is the better player now probably.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:53 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Well, it's quite obvious that Pens x Caps are the greatest Metropolitan rivalry in last years and one of the greatest of the entire league. It's impossible to see any Pens fan cheering for Washington and the same happens with them. After 2 cups to Pens and now they won their first, it's very likely that the rivalry between both teams increase even more. I don't hate Caps fans. It's important to let this clear. But surely I hate their team. And they surely hate mine. lol

That rivalry comes since Ovechkin x Crosby matchups started.

ok
Jul. 1, 2018 at 5:01 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
It's decent. I don't see either team trading those players but in value it could be fair. Panarin's younger but Kessel is the better player now probably.

100% agreed. You're right about we don't see this coming, cause both teams are divisional rivals. Maybe in a 3 way trade...
Jul. 1, 2018 at 5:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
100% agreed. You're right about we don't see this coming, cause both teams are divisional rivals. Maybe in a 3 way trade...

No, i don't think either team trades either player to any team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll