Forums/NHL

Kadri the head hunter

Suspension or no?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 13, 2018 at 12:19 p.m.
My Balls Itch
Edited Apr. 13, 2018 at 12:33 p.m.
Midway through the third last night Chara, Wingels, and Marner were against the boards fighting for the puck. Marner was in a Boston sandwich and ate an elbow from Wingels and then got caught up in Marner stick falling to his knees. Kadri comes in and hits Wingels making him the middle of a Kadri boards sandwich. Kadri does have a history with hits to the head. Should he be suspended for this hit?
Apr. 13, 2018 at 12:27 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: DeadGuy63
Midway through the third last night Chara, Wingels, and Martin were against the boards fighting for the puck. Martin was in a Boston sandwich and ate an elbow from Wingels and then got caught up in Martins stick falling to his knees. Kadri comes in and hits Wingels making him the middle of a Kadri boards sandwich. Kadri does have a history with hits to the head. Should he be suspended for this hit?

Your autocorrect might be messing with things, it was Marner that took the elbow. I think Kadri is definitely getting suspended - the only arguments against suspension I've seen are that (1) Wingels had fallen and (2) Marner got hit high before that... not sure how either argument can disprove that what Kadri did was extremely dangerous and suspension-worthy. Hell, the Leafs are practicing today with Johnsson in his spot on the PP... I think you can book it that he'll get at least a game, maybe 2.

I'm not saying the DoPS is consistent, but if Doughty got 1 game for brushing the guys head, Kadri should expect some time off.
DeadGuy63 liked this.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 12:32 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Yes, he should be suspended but geez you underplayed the equally vicious hit by Wingels on Marner. Wingels should be having a hearing also.

AK, I didn't understand that Doughty suspension, it seemed to a shoulder hit on a hockey play, and Doughty shoulder glanced on the player's face.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 12:32 p.m.
My Balls Itch
Quoting: A_K
Your autocorrect might be messing with things, it was Marner that took the elbow. I think he's definitely getting suspended - the only arguments against suspension I've seen are that (1) Wingels had fallen and (2) Marner got hit high before that... not sure how either argument can disprove that what Kadri did was extremely dangerous and suspension-worthy. Hell, the Leafs are practicing today with Johnsson in his spot on the PP... I think you can book it that he'll get at least a game, maybe 2.

I'm not saying the DoPS is consistent, but if Doughty got 1 game for brushing the guys head, Kadri should expect some time off.

thanks for pointing that out i'm on my school laptop so it auto corrects everything
Apr. 13, 2018 at 12:36 p.m.
My Balls Itch
Quoting: palhal
Yes, he should be suspended but geez you underplayed the equally vicious hit by Wingels on Marner. Wingels should be having a hearing also.

AK, I didn't understand that Doughty suspension, it seemed to a shoulder hit on a hockey play, and Doughty shoulder glanced on the player's face.

The elbow is not what this is about first of all. Second I watched the clip 10 times it was a complete accident and not that bad. Yes Wingels should have had a penalty for it but it was not brutal like your saying.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 12:36 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/984604402831982592

@palhal I'm not seeing anything that malicious or any intent to injure from the high hit from Wingels immediately before the Kadri hit, but yes, you could make the case that hitting the head warrants a review/suspension (e.g. the Doughty play)
Apr. 13, 2018 at 12:38 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: DeadGuy63
thanks for pointing that out i'm on my school laptop so it auto corrects everything

There should be computer app that does not auto correct people's name.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 2:13 p.m.
Below Market Value
I'm surprised Doughty received a suspension, purely based on precedent. The league has not often given out playoff suspensions, especially to the star players like Doughty. But it looks like a new bar has been set, so I'd expect Kadri to get at least 2 games.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 2:48 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Kadri's hit was about as dirty as it gets. Player in a vulnerable position, he left is feet, made direct contact with the head, etc. If it were the regular season, he gets 5 at least.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 3:10 p.m.
Buchnevesey
Kadri should 100% get suspended. It was an obvious retaliation and he left his feet, which is bad enough, plus Wingels was on his knees.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 3:48 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Also everyone is forgetting Kadri has already served the game misconduct. That will definitely go in consideration for the length of his suspension. I would guess it will be 1 game because he already served the misconduct. Doughty did not receive a penalty or misconduct after his hit so its hard to compare his suspension with the Kadri hit.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 6:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
He only hit a guy into the boards in the head. He shouldn't get suspended. unsure

Yes, he should get suspended though. That's a stupid play. I think he'll get probably 2 games. I'd give him a bit more in the regular season but in the playoffs that's 2 games.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 8:28 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
The fact that Wingles, Wilson and Anderson all walked away with nothing nd Kadri gets 3 is ridiculous.
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 8:40 p.m.
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
The fact that Wingles, Wilson and Anderson all walked away with nothing nd Kadri gets 3 is ridiculous.

Lets just say that the NHL changed it mind a Wingles got suspended. He has no previous history and Marner didn't miss a shift (so it couldn't have been that bad), so at most Wingles gets a 1-game suspension.

Well WIngles currently isn't skating and won't play tomorrow, so what the difference between a 1 game suspension vs potentially missing the rest of the year due to a concussion?
Apr. 13, 2018 at 9:06 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: ON3M4N
Lets just say that the NHL changed it mind a Wingles got suspended. He has no previous history and Marner didn't miss a shift (so it couldn't have been that bad), so at most Wingles gets a 1-game suspension.

Well WIngles currently isn't skating and won't play tomorrow, so what the difference between a 1 game suspension vs potentially missing the rest of the year due to a concussion?

Would the hit have happened if the ref called the penalty in the first place?

Isn't Wingels a regular healthy scratch anyways? Not like its a big loss.

Kadri basically suspended 3.5 playoff games while there has been way worse hits in the regular season that ended up being a fine or 1 game.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 9:18 p.m.
Buchnevesey
You also have to take into account Kadri basically admitted to doing it in retaliation. Also, Wingels is lucky he didn’t break his neck, that was extremely dangerous
Apr. 13, 2018 at 9:35 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: Buchnevesey
You also have to take into account Kadri basically admitted to doing it in retaliation. Also, Wingels is lucky he didn’t break his neck, that was extremely dangerous

Yeah but you could say that about any check from behind or to the head.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 10:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I mean, in the playoffs, 3 games might be a bit too much, but it might not either. That should be taken out of the game completely. Hits to the head into the boards are so stupid and i hate them. 3 games wasn't terrible, it was actually kind of reasonable. Or at least not too unreasonable.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 10:49 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I mean, in the playoffs, 3 games might be a bit too much, but it might not either. That should be taken out of the game completely. Hits to the head into the boards are so stupid and i hate them. 3 games wasn't terrible, it was actually kind of reasonable. Or at least not too unreasonable.

There were 4 hits to the head yesterday, Wingles, Kadri, Wilson and Anderson. The NHL should atleast be consistent in suspending players and not picking and choosing what headshots to call or not
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 10:50 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
and Honestly if I was Kadri and I knew that hit was getting 3 games, I probably would have hit him harder and hopefully ending his season
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 8:47 a.m.
Quoting: Jarvis
Would the hit have happened if the ref called the penalty in the first place?

Isn't Wingels a regular healthy scratch anyways? Not like its a big loss.

Kadri basically suspended 3.5 playoff games while there has been way worse hits in the regular season that ended up being a fine or 1 game.

We'd both be obviously assuming if we said yes or no. Personally I say yes because the hit still happens and Kadri took off before a ref would have had a chance to raise his arm for the penalty. I have a feeling it was more than just that hit that they took into account though. Kadri had already gotten a 2 minute minor for another hit Wingles that saw Wingles face smash off the boards. Top that with his previous history and here we are. If it were Marchand I'd expect 5 games and I'd be fine with it.

these 1-2 games suspensions are nice for first time offenders, but for guys like Kadri and Marchand 1-2 games is a slap on the wrist.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 8:53 a.m.
and Honestly if I was Kadri and I knew that hit was getting 3 games, I probably would have hit him harder and hopefully ending his season

Wow, the bolded says a lot about your character. It actually made my stomach turn reading that. Sad that you'd hit a guy with the intention of ending his season over a game.

Don't bother replying because I wont see it
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 9:38 a.m.
Buchnevesey

Wow.....
Apr. 14, 2018 at 10:48 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: ON3M4N
Wow, the bolded says a lot about your character. It actually made my stomach turn reading that. Sad that you'd hit a guy with the intention of ending his season over a game.

Don't bother replying because I wont see it

Whose mans actually uses the ignore listlaugh
mhockey91 and krakowitz liked this.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 11:11 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
There were 4 hits to the head yesterday, Wingles, Kadri, Wilson and Anderson. The NHL should atleast be consistent in suspending players and not picking and choosing what headshots to call or not

Yeah, i only saw the Kadri hit on Wingels.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit