Forums/NHL

Kadri the head hunter

Suspension or no?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 14, 2018 at 11:21 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: ON3M4N
We'd both be obviously assuming if we said yes or no. Personally I say yes because the hit still happens and Kadri took off before a ref would have had a chance to raise his arm for the penalty. I have a feeling it was more than just that hit that they took into account though. Kadri had already gotten a 2 minute minor for another hit Wingles that saw Wingles face smash off the boards. Top that with his previous history and here we are. If it were Marchand I'd expect 5 games and I'd be fine with it.

these 1-2 games suspensions are nice for first time offenders, but for guys like Kadri and Marchand 1-2 games is a slap on the wrist.

Yeah I agree with that, BUT playoff games are worth a lot more than regular season. 1-2 playoff games is probably equivalent to 4-5 regular season games.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 12:05 p.m.
Quoting: Jarvis
Yeah I agree with that, BUT playoff games are worth a lot more than regular season. 1-2 playoff games is probably equivalent to 4-5 regular season games.

Isn't that the perfect time for the NHL to send a message to repeat offenders? This is the biggest stage of the NHL and what guys have been busting their asses for all year. Now because of your teammate losing his composure in a game that was basically over at 4-1, you're without one of your best players for what could be the rest of the series. What sends a message to a repeat offender more?

A) missing 1% to 2% of the regular season, that may or may not have any impact on the season?
B) missing 40% up to 75% of a playoff series which could end your season?
Apr. 14, 2018 at 12:59 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Isn't that the perfect time for the NHL to send a message to repeat offenders? This is the biggest stage of the NHL and what guys have been busting their asses for all year. Now because of your teammate losing his composure in a game that was basically over at 4-1, you're without one of your best players for what could be the rest of the series. What sends a message to a repeat offender more?

A) missing 1% to 2% of the regular season, that may or may not have any impact on the season?
B) missing 40% up to 75% of a playoff series which could end your season?

You just proved why it is the worst time for the NHL to send a message. 100% the worst time. They had all season to send a message and they never did. They had 3 times to send Marchand a message and they never did. Now when it means the most, and could possibly end a teams playoff hopes, they decide to send a message? How does that make any sense. They also had a chance to send a message to 3 other players in the same evening and they never did. I think all the NHL proved is how inconsistent the league is. It's been the biggest problem all year and it has continued into the playoffs. Inconsistent suspensions, penalties, and goal challenges.
Rodzikhockey93 liked this.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 1:37 p.m.
You just proved why it is the worst time for the NHL to send a message. 100% the worst time. They had all season to send a message and they never did. They had 3 times to send Marchand a message and they never did. Now when it means the most, and could possibly end a teams playoff hopes, they decide to send a message? How does that make any sense. They also had a chance to send a message to 3 other players in the same evening and they never did. I think all the NHL proved is how inconsistent the league is. It's been the biggest problem all year and it has continued into the playoffs. Inconsistent suspensions, penalties, and goal challenges.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree then. To me missing a handful of the 82 game regular season is nothing compared to missing 3-4-5 games of the playoffs. You're right though, the NHL has been wildly inconsistent this year.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 5:27 p.m.
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
and Honestly if I was Kadri and I knew that hit was getting 3 games, I probably would have hit him harder and hopefully ending his season

w3Oc.gif
awatt liked this.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
get ur corsi up
A 3 game suspension is ridiculous. Not Kadri's fault that Wingels was elbowing Marner leading to him falling to his knees. I would understand 1 game, but 3 games for an accident that didn't even make full contact is outrageous. If you watch the hit Kadri doesn't even hit him with full contact. Believe me if Kadri had hit him full on then Wingels wouldn't be playing tonight.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 7:09 p.m.
Buchnevesey
Quoting: Daryl
A 3 game suspension is ridiculous. Not Kadri's fault that Wingels was elbowing Marner leading to him falling to his knees. I would understand 1 game, but 3 games for an accident that didn't even make full contact is outrageous. If you watch the hit Kadri doesn't even hit him with full contact. Believe me if Kadri had hit him full on then Wingels wouldn't be playing tonight.

Even if he didn’t hit him at full force, it’s a dangerous and dirty play. It’s not Kadri’s fault the Wingels elbowed Marner but that doesn’t make his hit acceptable.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 7:18 p.m.

As of right now it doesn't sound like Wingles is playing tonight lol That could change, but those who cover the B's are talking about Donato slotting in for him.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 7:19 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: Buchnevesey
Even if he didn’t hit him at full force, it’s a dangerous and dirty play. It’s not Kadri’s fault the Wingels elbowed Marner but that doesn’t make his hit acceptable.

It was dangerous, but 3 games seems a little much considering it wasn't entirely Kadri's fault.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 7:46 p.m.
No Wingles tonight, Donato will slot into the #3LW. There you go leafs fans, WIngles isn't going to play either.

Apr. 14, 2018 at 8:11 p.m.
Buchnevesey
It was dangerous, but 3 games seems a little much considering it wasn't entirely Kadri's fault.

How is it not Kadri’s fault
Apr. 14, 2018 at 9:12 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: Buchnevesey
How is it not Kadri’s fault

Not entirely his fault. He didn't know Wingels would fall to his knees.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 9:38 p.m.
This suspension is truly ridiculous. Suspending a player for, at a minimum, 50 percent of the remaining games for a hit that, in the event that Tommy Wingels doesn't fall down and the fact that Kadri has basically a second to come to a stop or change direction when he was less than 10 feet away from Wingels, is a joke.

I understand a one game suspension, but when then Department of Player Safety has a chance to examine the video in manipulated time and they still come away with this ruling is ludicrous. FOH DoPS!
Daryl liked this.
Apr. 15, 2018 at 12:17 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: phillyjabroni
This suspension is truly ridiculous. Suspending a player for, at a minimum, 50 percent of the remaining games for a hit that, in the event that Tommy Wingels doesn't fall down and the fact that Kadri has basically a second to come to a stop or change direction when he was less than 10 feet away from Wingels, is a joke.

I understand a one game suspension, but when then Department of Player Safety has a chance to examine the video in manipulated time and they still come away with this ruling is ludicrous. FOH DoPS!

I love the irony of who is running the Safety department lol
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 15, 2018 at 6:53 a.m.
Justice Served, good job George Parros
Apr. 17, 2018 at 6:56 p.m.
HawksFan28
Suspended? he deserves to be banned!
Apr. 17, 2018 at 7:26 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I mean, in the playoffs, 3 games might be a bit too much, but it might not either. That should be taken out of the game completely. Hits to the head into the boards are so stupid and i hate them. 3 games wasn't terrible, it was actually kind of reasonable. Or at least not too unreasonable.

Dude, can you please actually pick a side on something for once? Almost half of what you say in the forums is something along the lines of, "it could, but it might not". Don't sit on the fence and take a stand for once.
Apr. 17, 2018 at 7:37 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
So the hit is okay because Wingels dropped to his knees at the last second, even though before he fell it would've been a boarding penalty? The fact that he left his feet? The only ones defending him in this scenario are Leafs fans, and I understand defending your own players. But that was a stereotypical dirty hit, and then some.
Buchnevesey and ON3M4N liked this.
Apr. 18, 2018 at 7:51 a.m.
My Balls Itch
Quoting: HawksFan28
Suspended? he deserves to be banned!

ya well so should marchand for all the **** he has pulled but that has not happened yet
Aug. 28, 2018 at 10:44 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Wow, the bolded says a lot about your character. It actually made my stomach turn reading that. Sad that you'd hit a guy with the intention of ending his season over a game.

Don't bother replying because I wont see it

@TheTown

Just saying I hope Kadri Takes out Backes and Wingles this season even harder than last spring.
Aug. 30, 2018 at 12:42 p.m.

worth more yes, but shouldn't change how a player gets suspended
Aug. 30, 2018 at 12:46 p.m.
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
@TheTown

Just saying I hope Kadri Takes out Backes and Wingles this season even harder than last spring.

Leafs Bruins will meet in playoffs again and Bruins will win again.... ho hum..... yawn.....

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit