Draft Class: 2018
Created By: jpozz1996
Published: Apr. 24, 2018 at 3:05 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  3. Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Next question.
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-As much as I would think Tkachukwould work at 2 for any team, I do not believe Chayka is the type of GM go after a player like him.
3Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-I think Buffalo needs to take Tkachuk at either,2 3 or 4 where ever they draft. Get some heart and soul into that team, and we see how effective his brother has been.
4Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The last one out of the big four to go.
5Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-What seems like a stretch for Wahlstrom at 5 is actually a good pick up for Detroit.He is a centreman that they do not need to rush to the NHL and we all know every team can use a surplus of C and D.
6Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Boqvist or Bouchard seems to be the tossup. However Jim and his team seem to like the Swedes and the Swedes seem to like Vancouver.
7Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I think Bouchard could play in the NHL on any team that would draft him in this range, and Chicagos D is horrendous and with cap issues Bouchard would be an excellent fit.
8Logo of the New York Rangers-These first of 3 first round draft picks and the Rangers can afford to draft the best player available.
9Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-I know SMITH IS captaining Canada right now over in Russia, but I have never been a fan of his game.I think Wilde is top5defense in this draft however it is a stretch, Dobson would need to be EDM's pick here.
10Logo of the New York Islanders-Draft the best player available. Don't blow it.
11Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
12Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary Flames
13Logo of the Dallas Stars-
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesTrade one of their younger D-man right now for depth at forward and hopefully make it past these round of the playoffs. Also wouldnt be surprised if they traded Simmonds and were able to grab a 3rd1st round pick in this draft.
15Logo of the Florida Panthers-
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
17Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
18Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
19Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
23Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
26Logo of the Washington Capitals-
27Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
28Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
31Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville PredatorsSleeper pick. I like his game a lot.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:54 a.m.
Detroit is taking Boqvist, Bouchard, or Quinn. While I agree its always a good thing to have a surplus of Centers, Detroit needs a great D prospect. Those three all have great potential. Detroit is in better shape at center than they are at D with Larkin and Rasmussen.
TheMooterus liked this.
Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:45 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
Kurashev and McShane are greatly overvalued here. McShane might sneak in to the late 2nd round. He's absolutely not a 1st round pick. Kurashev is a mid-2nd round prospect. Can't look at just point production when ranking players. You've gotta look at their game and how well they actually play. To that note, Dominik Bokk and Martin Kaut are vastly undervalued here. Bokk will be a late 1st round pick, and Kaut will go mid-late 1st round.
Apr. 24, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
anonymous96
Quoting: ford_nickj
Detroit is taking Boqvist, Bouchard, or Quinn. While I agree its always a good thing to have a surplus of Centers, Detroit needs a great D prospect. Those three all have great potential. Detroit is in better shape at center than they are at D with Larkin and Rasmussen.

I don't think you're wrong at all, however with 4 picks inside the top 35, I think Detroit should add defence with their 3 later picks. Cholowski and Hronek are pretty good defensemen and will definitely be impact players, and I think when Detroit is ready to compete, having Cholowski, Hronek, and Samuelsson plus veterans will be sufficient. Also I think that you win more with Larkin + Rasmussen + Wahlstrom >>> Dobson + Cholowski + Hronek.
Apr. 24, 2018 at 3:35 p.m.
anonymous96
Quoting: J_Sand3rs
Kurashev and McShane are greatly overvalued here. McShane might sneak in to the late 2nd round. He's absolutely not a 1st round pick. Kurashev is a mid-2nd round prospect. Can't look at just point production when ranking players. You've gotta look at their game and how well they actually play. To that note, Dominik Bokk and Martin Kaut are vastly undervalued here. Bokk will be a late 1st round pick, and Kaut will go mid-late 1st round.

I think the ceilings are higher on McShane + Kurashev than Bokk + Kaut...we disagree I assume. That's fine with me, why we do these things.
TheMooterus liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll