8$10,000,000
1$650,000
Orr, Colton
8$650,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Ekman-Larsson, Oliver
Additional Details:
Matthews really underperformed during the playoffs, so as a result of those 7 games he should be traded. He’d want to go back to his home in Arizona. The Leafs need defence so they’ll take OEL, that’s bound to solve their problems.
TOR
  1. Weber, Shea ($3,928,571 retained)
Additional Details:
Yes, the “let’s trade some spare youth parts for a top pairing RHD at 50% of their salary” that you’ll find available in every Leafs armchair team. Montreal would do this deal with their ultimate rival because that makes complete sense. Nothing else needs to be said.
MTL
  1. Leivo, Josh
  2. Nielsen, Andrew
  3. 2020 2nd round pick (TOR)
TOR
    John Tavares (FA signing, $15M, 8 years)

——————

I mean, is it a Leafs armchair without overpaying a Tavares signing?
    NYI
    TOR
      John Carlson (FA signing, $10M, 8 years)

——————

Just because
      WSH
      TOR
      1. 2021 1st round pick (BOS)
      Additional Details:
      Somehow, someone will find a way to make it seem as if Horton is a valuable piece.
      TOR
      1. 2020 7th round pick (OTT)
      Additional Details:
      Do I really have to explain this one?
      Retained Salary Transactions
      Buried
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the STL
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the BOS
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      20$78,000,000$80,424,405$2,550,000$850,000-$2,424,405
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $15,000,000$15,000,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 7
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $2,250,000$2,250,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 3
      $6,250,000$6,250,000
      LW, C
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      LW, RW
      RFA - 2
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 4
      $2,100,000$2,100,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      RW
      UFA - 6
      $650,000$650,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      Orr, Colton
      $650,000$650,000
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $10,000,000$10,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 8
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 4
      $3,928,572$3,928,572
      RD
      UFA - 8
      $850,000$850,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 6
      $863,333$863,333
      LD/RD
      UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:50 p.m.
      Number 1 Kahun Fan
      Matthews is a first overall pick and EK is a sixth overall. That Means Matthews is at least 6 times better than Ekman Larsson. You would need to add at least Keller (a big body grinder) a top 9 center (Strome), and the son of a former Leaf (Domi) to even it out. Everything else seems fair to me!
      DeadGuy63 liked this.
      Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:56 p.m.
      Not yet trannycided
      What's this? A Colton Orr sighting?
      DeadGuy63 liked this.
      Apr. 26, 2018 at 9:23 p.m.
      As a leafs fan, I hate it. People don't realize there is 10 years left of competitiveness and Gardiner had one bad game. He is a solid #3 D playing #1 minutes against the hottest line in hockey, its not a fair position to him. I get why our fan base is a laughing stock now. 2 playoff losses = panic mode and its so frustrating.
      Also, I think there should be a ban on this forum where posts of Tavares going to the leafs cannot be posted.
      DeadGuy63 liked this.
      Apr. 26, 2018 at 9:25 p.m.
      Don't forget to sign Larry Murphy and bring back Doug Gilmour
      DeadGuy63 liked this.
      Apr. 26, 2018 at 9:37 p.m.
      LongtimeLeafsufferer
      Quoting: CameronLeafs
      As a leafs fan, I hate it. People don't realize there is 10 years left of competitiveness and Gardiner had one bad game. He is a solid #3 D playing #1 minutes against the hottest line in hockey, its not a fair position to him. I get why our fan base is a laughing stock now. 2 playoff losses = panic mode and its so frustrating.
      Also, I think there should be a ban on this forum where posts of Tavares going to the leafs cannot be posted.

Kinda agree about the Tavares ban. But a Carlson, Weber and Tanev ban should be strictly enforced. You have to know the "irregular" Gardiner will never get any better and will no longer be a Leaf when contract expires
      Willian_Cardoso and DeadGuy63 liked this.
      Apr. 26, 2018 at 9:44 p.m.
      Zuke is the goat
      Quoting: CFMan
      Matthews is a first overall pick and EK is a sixth overall. That Means Matthews is at least 6 times better than Ekman Larsson. You would need to add at least Keller (a big body grinder) a top 9 center (Strome), and the son of a former Leaf (Domi) to even it out. Everything else seems fair to me!

Forget Keller, he got almost the same total of points than Matthews at his first season while playing for one of the worst team in the league. I wouldn't do Keller for Matthews (if Keller wasn't playing for Arizona).
      Apr. 26, 2018 at 10:08 p.m.
      Let's go Pens!
      Quoting: palhal
      Kinda agree about the Tavares ban. But a Carlson, Weber and Tanev ban should be strictly enforced. You have to know the "irregular" Gardiner will never get any better and will no longer be a Leaf when contract expires

I agree 100% with you, Palhal. You have to be pretty optimistic or maybe unrealistic to still get faith in Gardiner. If I were next Leafs GM, I'd do my best to sign Carlson. Something about a 8M/7years contract.

That should be their top priorite during next offseason. Higher than sign Tavares. Leafs already have a very good offensive team. Besides, Carlson would help them not just defensively, but offensively either. Specially in their PP. He's one of the best two-way d-men of the league.
      Apr. 26, 2018 at 10:28 p.m.
      My Balls Itch
      best and most realistic thing i have seen on this website ever great job
      Apr. 26, 2018 at 10:30 p.m.
      LongtimeLeafsufferer
      Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
      I agree 100% with you, Palhal. You have to be pretty optimistic or maybe unrealistic to still get faith in Gardiner. If I were next Leafs GM, I'd do my best to sign Carlson. Something about a 8M/7years contract.

That should be their top priorite during next offseason. Higher than sign Tavares. Leafs already have a very good offensive team. Besides, Carlson would help them not just defensively, but offensively either. Specially in their PP. He's one of the best two-way d-men of the league.

Oh, I agree Carlson would be the best UFA signing the Leafs could make. But he's a New England/Jersey boy. Flyers. Caps. Isles, Devils have the inside track I'm sure. Just don't think the Leafs have realistic shot. And besides Carlson there aren't real any UFA Dmen that are available this year that are much better what the Leafs have. So, maybe the best play is make sure you have money next year when more UFAs are available. and you know what your own cap situation. It's the same at centre. Beside Tavares and Statsny there really aren't any really good ones available, That's why I think maybe the Leafs go all in in 2018/19 and see if Nylander can be a good NHL centre.
      Gardiner, I know. what he is. He might be Leaf next year, but not any longer than that .
      Apr. 27, 2018 at 2:54 a.m.

The only one out of the four I see the Leafs pursuing is Carlson, but with saying that I expect 15-20 teams enquiring if he hits the open market. And yeah, I know about Gardiner being gone in 2 seasons, but I also know he won't be traded just for a salary dump. Unless the leafs are getting a capable D back in a trade, he will play the 2018-2019 season with the leafs.
      Apr. 27, 2018 at 3:01 p.m.
      Let's go Pens!
      Oh, I agree Carlson would be the best UFA signing the Leafs could make. But he's a New England/Jersey boy. Flyers. Caps. Isles, Devils have the inside track I'm sure. Just don't think the Leafs have realistic shot. And besides Carlson there aren't real any UFA Dmen that are available this year that are much better what the Leafs have. So, maybe the best play is make sure you have money next year when more UFAs are available. and you know what your own cap situation. It's the same at centre. Beside Tavares and Statsny there really aren't any really good ones available, That's why I think maybe the Leafs go all in in 2018/19 and see if Nylander can be a good NHL centre.
      Gardiner, I know. what he is. He might be Leaf next year, but not any longer than that .

Well, if you're right about Carlson situation (and you're probably is), I hope he signs with Devils, cause the other divisional rivals I don't like at all. Specially Capitals and Flyers, of course. In fact, I'd hate to see him as a Flyer. Hopefully he won't be one.

As for Leafs decision to pull the thrigger or not, you're point makes a lot of sense. For a moment I was one of the guys that thought Leafs should go all in for Tavares. But right now, I don't think it'd be a smart move from Toronto for the reasons that u said. Wait to pull the thrigger after next season is the right decision to make. Specially when you look to the possible d-men UFA. Doughty, E. Karlsson, OEL, Ryan Ellis, McDonagh...wow!!! Just to mention the d-men.

We can also talk about Rinne, Bobrovksy...Seguin, Panarin, Couture, Duchene, Pavelski, Pacioretty...really, that FA will be one of the most exciting in many years. Even if some of those guys re-sign with their teams.

Leafs and any other team one step away to be considered a top contender must wait for 2019 FA.
      Apr. 27, 2018 at 5:56 p.m.
      LongtimeLeafsufferer
      Quoting: Willian_Cardoso

As for Leafs decision to pull the thrigger or not, you're point makes a lot of sense. For a moment I was one of the guys that thought Leafs should go all in for Tavares. But right now, I don't think it'd be a smart move from Toronto for the reasons that u said. Wait to pull the thrigger after next season is the right decision to make. Specially when you look to the possible d-men UFA. Doughty, E. Karlsson, OEL, Ryan Ellis, McDonagh...wow!!! Just to mention the d-men.

One possibility as UFA in 2019 is Ellis of Nashville. If Nashville has cap issues, and they do have "lots" of Dmen, maybe Ellis walks from Nashville. He's from nearby Hamilton, so the the Leafs have good a shot as any team
      And 2019....Reilly, Dermot and Borgman would be a pretty good LHD in my opinion. If Zaitsev improves, rookie Liljegern and Ellis.....that might be pretty good at RHD.
      Apr. 27, 2018 at 8:07 p.m.
      Let's go Pens!

I like Ellis pretty much. He's one of the best offensive d-man in league. The guy had 44 points with 9 goals. I see just Karlsson, Doughty and Burns as best off d-men than him. And he's pretty good defensivelly either. So, I think it'd be a great add to your team. Leafs would improve in both sides of the rink. He's probably the best option to Leafs.

I think Doughty will re-sign with Kings and Toronto won't have enough cap space to sign Karlsson. That's why I think Ellis would be eventually the best FA option either.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll