SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

The top 15 most likely players to get traded this offseason

Apr. 27, 2018 at 2:36 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Today, i am making a list of the top 15 most likely NHL players to be traded IN THE OFFSEASON. And no, i'm not talking about what the biggest trades will be, i'm talking about which players are MORE LIKELY than others to be traded. I'll see how many points i get. If #1 gets traded, i get 15 points, 14 for #2, etc. All the way to if #15 gets moved, i get 1 point. If my math is correct, the most possible points i can get is 120 (I may be wrong about this). But i probably won't get all 15 correct. Anyway, here is the list:

15 - Matt Martin, Toronto Maple Leafs
I could see the Islanders trading for Matt Martin to bring him back. Any team though who wants him could probably get him for a pick, and he's a decent 4th liner. Mainly the Isles though i see as a team that would want him.

14 - Ben Lovejoy, New Jersey Devils
Lovejoy is a decent d-man, but isn't too important to the Devils. He could add some experience to a team looking for some, and could get the Devils a pick.

13 - Brandon Saad, Chicago Blackhawks
Saad struggled with the Blackhawks this year, but if they can get another top young player for him (maybe the Hawks will need to add a pick or prospect), that might make sense for the Blackhawks.

12 - Boone Jenner, Columbus Blue Jackets
Jenner has struggled the last few years in Columbus, but could get them a very good return. Trading him may make the most sense if they can get a 1st round pick plus.

11 - Nick Bonino, Nashvillle Predators
This depends how he does in the rest of the playoffs, but even though he played great in round 1, doesn't mean he'll continue in the rest of the playoffs. If he doesn't keep playing like this, he'll still have some value even with his 4 million dollar per year contract. They could get a pretty good return for him, and they have quite a few forwards to fit into the lineup.

10 - Artem Anisimov, Chicago Blackhawks
It is time to rebuild in Chicago. Artem Anisimov is one of the players who may be on his way out, to a team looking for a 3rd line centre.

9 - Victor Rask, Carolina Hurricanes
Rask struggled this year, and as much as it's just one year, he has never put up any more than 48 points in a season. He may get a lot more on a new team, and if a team is willing to give up what he's worth, the Hurricanes should consider it.

8 - Chris Kreider, New York Rangers
This is the surprise trade in my opinion. I think Chris Kreider may get moved for future pieces, to help them for a few years from now. Kreider is one of their key guys, but they're rebuilding. He's a guy they should probably move.

7 - Brock Nelson, New York Islanders
Brock Nelson, every year, has been expected to finally have his best season of his career, but each year, he plays like a 3rd liner. He has potential, but he may need a new team.

6 - Cody Ceci, Ottawa Senators
Cody Ceci has a lot of potential, but has been kind of off-and-on in Ottawa. Trading him makes sense if they can get a good return, and they could, because he could be a very good player on the right team.

5 - Philipp Grubauer, Washington Capitals
The Capitals have a goalie for now and for the future. Holtby is their goalie now, and Samsonov is their future goalie. Trading Grubauer makes sense if the Caps can get a good return for him.

4 - Max Pacioretty, Montreal Canadiens
Max Pacioretty struggled this season in Montreal, but his value is really high. The Habs could get a lot for him. Maybe they could get a top defenseman. He would get them a great return.

3 - Niklas Hjalmarsson, Arizona Coyotes
There are a lot of teams looking for defence, and the Coyotes have Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jakob Chychrun, Jason Demers, and Alex Goligoski still. Hjalmarsson struggled this season in Arizona when he was playing. He was injured for almost half of the season, but still struggled when in the lineup.

2 - Ben Hutton, Vancouver Canucks
Ben Hutton, like Cody Ceci (mentioned earlier on the list), has a ton of potential, but he hasn't played great in Vancouver. Well, he's been a good d-man, but not as good as he could be. They could get a pretty good return for him if they move him, and they have some young d-men like Juolevi that could replace him in the lineup.

1 - Alex Galchenyuk, Montreal Canadiens
Galchenyuk has struggled in Montreal for a while now, and it seems like it's time to trade him. They could get a lot for him, and way more than he's worth to them. They need to rebuild their forwards, and get what they can for Galchenyuk, because it could give them some pieces that really help them.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 5:11 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I am 100% certain that Galchenyuk will not get traded in the offseason.
wojme, MTLFAN and bigguycom liked this.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 5:27 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
I wouldn’t go as far as saying Chucky is 100% not getting traded, but for sure Patches is much more likely to be moved.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 6:13 p.m.
HawksFan28
There is absolutely zero way Saad is traded..... I could absolutely see Anisimov trade tho, but not Saad.

I think Anisimov is going to be traded for a top 4 defenseman ...
Apr. 27, 2018 at 7:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: EthanK24
I am 100% certain that Galchenyuk will not get traded in the offseason.

I am 75% certain that he will.

Quoting: HawksFan28
There is absolutely zero way Saad is traded..... I could absolutely see Anisimov trade tho, but not Saad.

I think Anisimov is going to be traded for a top 4 defenseman ...

They'd probably need to add something to Anisimov to get a top 4 d-man.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 3:13 a.m.
Isles For Life
Agree with Brock, I like him as a player but honestly he's struggled for a long time in Long Island (or Brooklyn cry)
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 2:57 p.m.
Buchnevesey
I think Zuccarello, Hayes, Spooner or Namestnikov are more likely to be traded than Kreider
Ragsandbluesfan liked this.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 6:11 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
They'd probably need to add something to Anisimov to get a top 4 d-man.

It depends on who the top 4 defenseman is of course, but Anisimov would be close - he would be the biggest piece of the deal.

I think there is a better than 50/50 shot that he's traded..
Apr. 29, 2018 at 4:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Buchnevesey
I think Zuccarello, Hayes, Spooner or Namestnikov are more likely to be traded than Kreider

they have no reason to move Hayes, Spooner, and Namestnikov. I think Zuccarello is a great fit for them and IMO they should try and sign him.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 4:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
It depends on who the top 4 defenseman is of course, but Anisimov would be close - he would be the biggest piece of the deal.

I think there is a better than 50/50 shot that he's traded..

Whoever it is, they'd probably need to add. How much they add depends on who the d-man they're getting back is. IMO they could move him for picks/prospects instead, cause they are (or at least they should/will be) rebuilding.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Buchnevesey
they have no reason to move Hayes, Spooner, and Namestnikov. I think Zuccarello is a great fit for them and IMO they should try and sign him.

Their reason would be that they now have a complete log jam of centers. Zibanejad, Hayes, Spooner, Namestnikov, Andersson, Chytil, Howden... there’s no way they can keep all of them. Sure some can play wing but I think it would be beneficial to move one of them, preferably Namestnikov considering his very unimpressive stint this year in NY. As far as Zuccarello if he isn’t moved at the draft, if the rangers are struggling half way through the season I’d think he gets moved at the deadline. I honestly think Kreider is very safe and I wouldn’t be upset if they made him captain.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 5:14 p.m.
Pain.
I think for Max Paciorietty they could get a 1st line C.
MTLFAN liked this.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 5:32 p.m.
HawksFan28
Whoever it is, they'd probably need to add. How much they add depends on who the d-man they're getting back is. IMO they could move him for picks/prospects instead, cause they are (or at least they should/will be) rebuilding.

A rebuild is out of the question.... I know many are praying for that but the Hawks aren't anywhere close to a rebuild..... Look, they had one bad season - they were the best team in the west last (regular) season.... They had one of there better regular seasons last year...

The problem with this team was that Bowman didn't have the cap space to make the improvements he needed to make last summer...

Bowman is going to have 18-20 mill in cap space this summer and the improvements Bowman needs to make won't be that much...... The Hawks need some veteran help - that's all.... I mean look at the Hawks defense. How were the Hawk supposed to win with that? then Crawford went down...... Look, the Hawks played 18 rookies last season - it wasn't pretty... Now combine all of that with the fact most of the Hawks vets just had down seasons - that was a recipe for disaster... Last season was the "worst case scenario"...

The Hawks are good for at least 2 more seasons..... If Bowman makes the signings he needs to (and I think he will) and the Hawks still don't make the playoffs - then we can talk "rebuild" but until then this season was nothing more than a "forced anomaly".... Bowman was handcuffed last summer so the Hawks were forced to trade away decent players and replace them with bargain bin UFA's and rookies that played like ROOKIES...

I have total faith the Hawks will turn it around next season.... The Hawks have the talent - they have all the right top-end players - they just don't have the role players they need..
Apr. 30, 2018 at 1:06 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
A rebuild is out of the question.... I know many are praying for that but the Hawks aren't anywhere close to a rebuild..... Look, they had one bad season - they were the best team in the west last (regular) season.... They had one of there better regular seasons last year...

The problem with this team was that Bowman didn't have the cap space to make the improvements he needed to make last summer...

Bowman is going to have 18-20 mill in cap space this summer and the improvements Bowman needs to make won't be that much...... The Hawks need some veteran help - that's all.... I mean look at the Hawks defense. How were the Hawk supposed to win with that? then Crawford went down...... Look, the Hawks played 18 rookies last season - it wasn't pretty... Now combine all of that with the fact most of the Hawks vets just had down seasons - that was a recipe for disaster... Last season was the "worst case scenario"...

The Hawks are good for at least 2 more seasons..... If Bowman makes the signings he needs to (and I think he will) and the Hawks still don't make the playoffs - then we can talk "rebuild" but until then this season was nothing more than a "forced anomaly".... Bowman was handcuffed last summer so the Hawks were forced to trade away decent players and replace them with bargain bin UFA's and rookies that played like ROOKIES...

I have total faith the Hawks will turn it around next season.... The Hawks have the talent - they have all the right top-end players - they just don't have the role players they need..

Sure, it was just one year, but it was a pretty bad year. 25th in the league, less than 80 points i think (75 or something like that). Their top guys are getting older, and i've been saying for a while that they're close to being bad ... this season is a sign that it's now time to rebuild, and that they're not that good anymore.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 12:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Alright, the offseason is on ... I'm gonna go for at least 60 points. Let's see if i can get to that.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 2:27 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Why not make a new list to throw Jeff Skinner on there?
Jun. 8, 2018 at 3:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz

I like to make an early list. Idk, maybe this was a little early to do it but nothing has changed. Skinner i think could be moved but these guys are probably more likely IMO ... not gonna change it. I mean, idk what i think now lol but i've made my list and am not changing it.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 3:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Also, good idea for a new avatar of a Caps fan.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 8:35 p.m.
HawksFan28
Sure, it was just one year, but it was a pretty bad year. 25th in the league, less than 80 points i think (75 or something like that). Their top guys are getting older, and i've been saying for a while that they're close to being bad ... this season is a sign that it's now time to rebuild, and that they're not that good anymore.

The Hawks were on pace to make the playoffs until Crawford got injured (or got vertigo) and from there the team went down hill...... Besides, the Hawks were stuck playing lots of rookies this season (18 or 19) due to the Hawks salary cap situation so....... Yea, the Hawks had a bad season but it's not like the Hawks are "losing their mojo" - Bowman just didn't have the cap space to add the players he would have liked to add..... Now the Hawks have 20 million to spend this summer and they have a few players that are attractive trade bait so expect to see a much improved Blackhawks team come the fall.

The 2018-19 Blackhawks WILL BE a contender for sure..... All the pieces the Hawks need to fill out the team to be a contender are UFA's.... And the Hawks need nothing major, they don't need a John Carlson or John Tavares, but a Kovalchuk or James van Reimsdyk would be welcome (I would prefer Kovalchuk because they can get him on a 1-year deal, and he's similar to Panarin)......... The Hawks need a top 4 defenseman and maybe a #5 and a few bottom 6 veteran forwards that play a two-way game, can can win draws and kill penalties - if the Hawks can do that they will be back to contending as usual...... And the Hawks have more than enough cap space to get it done and they have assets to trade as well if Bowman wants to go that route ...

Also, to be honest, I knew this past season wasn't going to be a good one for the Hawks, but Bowman had to get out of "cap hell" and make sure the Hawks wouldn't be back in "cap hell" in the future....... And I was and am fine with that..... The Hawks ended up with the 8th overall pick in a really really deep draft (perhaps the deepest in 35 years) and they have the 27th overall pick to boot..... So there are a lot of opportunities for Bowman this summer to really improve this team and draft some really really good young players that will certainly play a role on this team in the near future and I'm excited about that...

You have to remember - the Hawks still have a Stanley Cup caliber core/foundation - all the Hawks need are the right players to compliment the core and they're winning more Cups...... So the Hawks aren't even close to rebuilding....... Sure, the Hawks have a rough season next season - THEN you start thinking about "maybe it is time to make some significant changes" but as of right now, last season was an anomaly - as a matter of fact it was forced because of the cap, but the Hawks and Bowman are past that now and I really think the future is bright for the Hawks, sure the vets are aging but Toews, Keith, Kane, Saad and Seabrook can still play and are above average legit NHL'ers - especially Kane..... Toews took a step back offensively last season but he's still an elite defensive center........ I just think this past season was the "worst case scenario" for the Hawks...... Give them another season before you write them off..
Jun. 8, 2018 at 9:32 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Dear god, this whole argument of “they know what it takes to win” is the stupidest thing ever. Not just in terms of this playoff year, but in order for a team to know how to win, they have to do it when they don’t know how to win. So just because a team has been there before doesn’t mean $h¡t.
phillyjabroni and Zubrowka liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 9:32 p.m.

Should have gone with Backstrom AND Ovi as your profile pic...
Jun. 8, 2018 at 9:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
The Hawks were on pace to make the playoffs until Crawford got injured (or got vertigo) and from there the team went down hill...... Besides, the Hawks were stuck playing lots of rookies this season (18 or 19) due to the Hawks salary cap situation so....... Yea, the Hawks had a bad season but it's not like the Hawks are "losing their mojo" - Bowman just didn't have the cap space to add the players he would have liked to add..... Now the Hawks have 20 million to spend this summer and they have a few players that are attractive trade bait so expect to see a much improved Blackhawks team come the fall.

The 2018-19 Blackhawks WILL BE a contender for sure..... All the pieces the Hawks need to fill out the team to be a contender are UFA's.... And the Hawks need nothing major, they don't need a John Carlson or John Tavares, but a Kovalchuk or James van Reimsdyk would be welcome (I would prefer Kovalchuk because they can get him on a 1-year deal, and he's similar to Panarin)......... The Hawks need a top 4 defenseman and maybe a #5 and a few bottom 6 veteran forwards that play a two-way game, can can win draws and kill penalties - if the Hawks can do that they will be back to contending as usual...... And the Hawks have more than enough cap space to get it done and they have assets to trade as well if Bowman wants to go that route ...

Also, to be honest, I knew this past season wasn't going to be a good one for the Hawks, but Bowman had to get out of "cap hell" and make sure the Hawks wouldn't be back in "cap hell" in the future....... And I was and am fine with that..... The Hawks ended up with the 8th overall pick in a really really deep draft (perhaps the deepest in 35 years) and they have the 27th overall pick to boot..... So there are a lot of opportunities for Bowman this summer to really improve this team and draft some really really good young players that will certainly play a role on this team in the near future and I'm excited about that...

You have to remember - the Hawks still have a Stanley Cup caliber core/foundation - all the Hawks need are the right players to compliment the core and they're winning more Cups...... So the Hawks aren't even close to rebuilding....... Sure, the Hawks have a rough season next season - THEN you start thinking about "maybe it is time to make some significant changes" but as of right now, last season was an anomaly - as a matter of fact it was forced because of the cap, but the Hawks and Bowman are past that now and I really think the future is bright for the Hawks, sure the vets are aging but Toews, Keith, Kane, Saad and Seabrook can still play and are above average legit NHL'ers - especially Kane..... Toews took a step back offensively last season but he's still an elite defensive center........ I just think this past season was the "worst case scenario" for the Hawks...... Give them another season before you write them off..

Too long of a post. Not interested in reading it right now, especially if it's about how the Blackhawks will make the playoffs next year (which i doubt they will).
Jun. 8, 2018 at 10:15 p.m.
HawksFan28
Too long of a post. Not interested in reading it right now, especially if it's about how the Blackhawks will make the playoffs next year (which i doubt they will).

They will absolutely make the playoffs................Of course you're not interested in reading why this season went bad and why the Hawks will not only make the playoffs next season but will contend for the Cup....

Naw, it's just easier to say "blackhawks aint going to the playoffs next year".......... Yea, that's what you hope, but that's not what's going to happen.

Hawks have 20 million in cap space this summer to make the upgrades they needed to make last season, but couldn't because they had no cap space.

But haters gonna hate.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 10:22 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Should have gone with Backstrom AND Ovi as your profile pic...

I’ve actually tried to find a good picture that squares up
Jun. 8, 2018 at 10:24 p.m.

why bother commenting then?!?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll