SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

The Most Interesting Thing You Have Seen

The Most Interesting Thing You Have Seen

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: TMLSage
Published: Apr. 30, 2018 at 12:27 p.m.
Description
I hope you all enjoy. Please comment on where you think your favourite prospect will go.

Note to Readers: CapFriendly currently does not have Vitali Kravtsov. He would have been projected to fit in the 24-32 range.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-This is not 2015. This is not a dream Saber Nation. You won something. Let’s see if you can improve upon last seasons failure.
2Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina, a talented young defense corp. just bursting at the seems now adds a dynamic offensive threat. One of the best pure shooters in the draft.
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal adds a dynamic threat from the QMJHL. Hopefully, Zadina does not require must development, since we all now how well Montreal develops their talent.
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-With the idea of losing Karlsson to free agency, Ottawa regrets deeply trading for Duchene. I am Eugene Melnyk will not screw things up. Regardless, Tkachuk joins an offense that relies on scoring by committee.
5Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Arizona picks what could be the most skilled offensive defence-man in the draft. Boqvist will fit nicely on that blue-line with fellow Swede OEL. Hopefully, Boqvist learns to enjoy the desert.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit grabs a high skill forward to help replace the old guard from the Zetterberg era.
7Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Maybe, if we draft the older brother we may be able to attract Jack Hughes to our roster. I mean it must be better odds then that silly draft lottery. Pray to the Hockey God and Benning that he can fix the wrongs of the past. There is always next year though, right Vancouver fans? #2019NHLDraft
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Oh, how the mighty have fallen, Chicago looks at their defence corp. that needs young talent on an entry level deal. Chicago is the definition of cap hell and picks a rock of a defenceman in Dobson.
9Logo of the New York Rangers-Bouchard is considered a new era defenceman with his cerebral style of playing. Should fit nicely in the Rangers system, specially paired next to McDonagh.... Oh wait. At least, Namestinkov stat are not inflated by playing the whole season with Stamkos and Kucherov.
10Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-The Oil grabs another forward prospect with a more defense first style of play. Veleno may be one of the more NHL ready prospects in the draft class; however, he should look good next to McDavid in a few seasons. Hopefully, Oil Management doesn't trade him for a defenceman before he hits his prime or anything.
11Logo of the New York Islanders-The Isles grab Smith a great defenceman prospect who projects to be at minimum a top four talent. Should help entice Tavares to resign.
12Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesHamonic is really looking good in Calgary.... But the twelve overall selection is looking much better. The Isles draft Farabee who projects to be a great team leader in the future. Should play well on Barzals left wing.
13Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas picks Hayton who appears to have an excellent defensive side of his game and just needs to improve on his offense. At least Dallas doesn't have any problems scoring goals...
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesA monster drawing comparison to Dustin Byfuglien. Probably needs a year or two to develop but expect another strong defenceman to add to Philly’s talented defence.
15Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida loves that Finnish flair and selects another Fin, in Kupari. Hopefully, Kupari can learn from Barkov and become a top line player.
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Some say McIsaac is one of the best defencemen in the draft. Some say he is going to Colorado. Hopefully, he enjoys the high life in the mile high city.
17Logo of the New Jersey Devils-New Jersey grabs the brother. Yep. What a great move!
18Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Have you seen the General Manager name for Columbus? Have you seen this kids name? Of course, he is going to Columbus, and of course he will become a 2-way threat.
19Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-A player that has no elite qualities but, is a work horse. Playing in the SHL alone is impressive, he may take a while to make the NHL, but is seen as a sure fire NHLer.
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA suffered a humiliating first round defeat to Vegas. What was the problem, you may ask? Goal scoring. Quick went god-mode and still could not carry the Kings to the crown. Quick posted a 0.947 save percentage and still lost. Merkley has zero defensive abilities, but he does carry one hundred percent offense, one hundred percent of the time. Maybe the offensive dynamo in Merkley can carry the Kings through the entrance of the castle next season, right past those pesky Knights.
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-One Russian to rule them all. Hopefully, San Jose believes they can lure this one back to the NHL. Instead of losing them to the KHL curse.
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsOttawa grabs Thomas. Not much to see here folks. Oh wait, why is Erik Karlsson selling his house in Ottawa why is he packing his stuff… My God Melnyk what have you done.
23Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim grabs a small nimble defender who can put up the big points. Don’t expect to hear much about this kid for a few years but mark your calendar for 2022 as he will be the next up and coming star for the Ducks.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minny grabs a kid who has put up decent points during the regular season. Seems to be a player that can elevate his level of play for brief periods of time.
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Toronto grabs a big centreman who has played well during the World Juniors U18. He looks to be a bit of a project; however, he may be in the NHL as soon as two years.
26Logo of the Washington Capitals-Has played well during the U20s and expects to be a bit of a sleeper pick. Glad Washington didn’t trade that first rounder this year.
27Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsDetroit grabs another big body winger, who looks to be in the NHL as in a few years. Deemed a bit of a project.
28Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston BruinsPuck moving defenceman. Projects to be a four guy.
29Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningAlready grabbed two defenceman this draft. A solid forward prospect that may look good in a few seasons.
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg JetsSt. Louis grabs a promising defenceman. Hopefully Samuelsson pans out well.
31Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville PredatorsSome are already comparing Bokk to Tolvanen. It is only fair that the pick that was Nashvilles picks another sleeper, with high upside.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 1:21 p.m.
Great insights.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 3:27 p.m.
Cap Friendly does have Vitali Kravtsov. Otherwise, this is a very good draft. I wouldn't expect Kupari going to Florida because they already have Barkov, Trochek, Bjugstad, McCann, and Borgstrom. Lundestrom could go higher, I'm not sure if you've watched him play yet, because he has one of the best playmaking abilities in the entire draft. He starts all of his plays from behind the goal line and works his way out for a shot from the circles or a pass in front. Serron Noel has been producing very good in the OHL this season, making him, in my books, a 10-20 overall kind of player.
ThatGuy liked this.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 3:29 p.m.
Sports and Tacos
I have a feeling that Carolina's new Owner might pass up on Svechnikov to pick up Tkachuk (Adding an American born player who plays on the edge). Something they think they absolutely need.

Also, Do you think a team will trade up or down? NYR and MTL?

Also, Also, I can tell you that most Sens fans are really happy with the Duchene Trade. Worth giving up the 2019 1st round pick (unless it's the 1st overall)
Apr. 30, 2018 at 3:55 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: ThatGuy
I have a feeling that Carolina's new Owner might pass up on Svechnikov to pick up Tkachuk (Adding an American born player who plays on the edge). Something they think they absolutely need.

Also, Do you think a team will trade up or down? NYR and MTL?

Also, Also, I can tell you that most Sens fans are really happy with the Duchene Trade. Worth giving up the 2019 1st round pick (unless it's the 1st overall)

I think Chicago is one team that may trade down, I could seem them wanting a more NHL ready prospect in exchange for a high selection.
ThatGuy liked this.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 4:15 p.m.
Kings guru
I wish Merkley would fall that far

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll