SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Who Replaces Lou?

Who's Next Up?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 30, 2018 at 7:39 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Dubas was valuable enough for Toronto to prevent him from being interviewed by the Avs which is a major sign he is next. However Hunter on the other hand is a skilled drafter as it was him that really pushed for Marner while others wanted other players at the draft. Thoughts?
May 4, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Daryl
Dubas was valuable enough for Toronto to prevent him from being interviewed by the Avs which is a major sign he is next. However Hunter on the other hand is a skilled drafter as it was him that really pushed for Marner while others wanted other players at the draft. Thoughts?

I don't know if Hunter really is GM material if he loves scouting so much. I thought the Leafs could have done better drafting especially in the mid rounds, but there is time for so of those picks to pan out. If Hunter is pissed about being bypassed as GM....so be it.
I would prefer a new head coach of the Leafs though.....at least on game day.
May 4, 2018 at 7:52 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: palhal
I don't know if Hunter really is GM material if he loves scouting so much. I thought the Leafs could have done better drafting especially in the mid rounds, but there is time for so of those picks to pan out. If Hunter is pissed about being bypassed as GM....so be it.
I would prefer a new head coach of the Leafs though.....at least on game day.

Yeah I definitely see Dubas as the next guy up. What do you mean by new head coach? What do you not like about Babcock?
May 4, 2018 at 10:31 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Daryl
Yeah I definitely see Dubas as the next guy up. What do you mean by new head coach? What do you not like about Babcock?

I think he behind the bench coaching is bad. His inane matching lines has the players more worried at times to get off the ice instead of playing stifles the team. And in that Boston series for some reason he Matthews on the bench way too much. On the tying Krug goal, it was 4 on 4, he Marleau take the faceout in the defensive zone. Loses draw and Boston scores immediately . Gee, you need one your centres taking that draw.
It will be hard to admit by management since he five years left on his contract, but he's not the guy to coach this team long term.
May 7, 2018 at 10:50 a.m.
Whoever gets the job is gonna have a tough time dealing with Babs with his win at all cost mentality and questionable asset management.
I worry that Dubas will struggle in this area if he gets the nod.

We are paying a 3rd round draft pick to NJ this year for a GM that is now in the press box with Lievo.
Toronto does make things interesting lol
May 8, 2018 at 7:01 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: CapHater
Whoever gets the job is gonna have a tough time dealing with Babs with his win at all cost mentality and questionable asset management.
I worry that Dubas will struggle in this area if he gets the nod.

We are paying a 3rd round draft pick to NJ this year for a GM that is now in the press box with Lievo.
Toronto does make things interesting lol

Lou was more that worth his value just by getting rid of Phaneuf's contract. No other GM could have pulled that off. And his insight got the Leafs Andersen, maybe no one else would have made that deal either.
Don't know what you mean by Babs "win at all costs". But his inane line matching (and often poor at it) costs the Leafs games. My desire would be Babs coaches during the day, but on game night, the Leafs have Sheldon Keefe behind the bench. Maybe Dubas is young enough not to be so impressed by what Babs did in the distance past. My opinion it isn't that impressive anyways.
May 8, 2018 at 1:01 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Lou was more that worth his value just by getting rid of Phaneuf's contract. No other GM could have pulled that off. And his insight got the Leafs Andersen, maybe no one else would have made that deal either.
Don't know what you mean by Babs "win at all costs". But his inane line matching (and often poor at it) costs the Leafs games. My desire would be Babs coaches during the day, but on game night, the Leafs have Sheldon Keefe behind the bench. Maybe Dubas is young enough not to be so impressed by what Babs did in the distance past. My opinion it isn't that impressive anyways.

I agree with you about Lou, I love what he was able to accomplish in Toronto. It frustrates me that he was removed as GM at a pivotal point in the rebuild.
I don't believe Babs and Lou were on the same page though, Lou was filling the cupboard for the future and Babs was letting prospects rot in the cupboard.

Babs was constantly and publicly throwing Lou under the bus to improve the leafs at the trade deadline so he could win now.
In my opinion they wasted 2, 2nd round draft picks on rentals rather than filling a need going forward.
By not trading any UFA's for assets they will have an even tougher time getting the pieces they need this year.

You don't need to reward the team for playing well, that's what they get paid to do.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit