SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

Should they consider a Tarasenko move?

May 1, 2018 at 5:07 p.m.
While I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that the Blues move him, it seems Tarasenko has taken a similar path to Ovechkin in his career. While he is a pure sniper and one of the best shots in the game, he succumbs to emotion too quickly and hasn't exactly propelled the Blues to greatness. He has shown he can be a complete player followed by bats of what appear to be hopelessness.
Tarasenko is a great talent, and a whole year of Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko would prove deadly. But is he untouchable in a trade? I say he isn't untouchable, but it'll take a lot to pry him away. What do you think?
May 14, 2018 at 8:05 p.m.
Quoting: Chopper02
While I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that the Blues move him, it seems Tarasenko has taken a similar path to Ovechkin in his career. While he is a pure sniper and one of the best shots in the game, he succumbs to emotion too quickly and hasn't exactly propelled the Blues to greatness. He has shown he can be a complete player followed by bats of what appear to be hopelessness.
Tarasenko is a great talent, and a whole year of Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko would prove deadly. But is he untouchable in a trade? I say he isn't untouchable, but it'll take a lot to pry him away. What do you think?

Everyone on the list is trade bait. You can offer for anyone. It doesn't mean you will get Tarasenko it just simply means you can try to get him.
May 14, 2018 at 11:56 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Everyone on the list is trade bait. You can offer for anyone. It doesn't mean you will get Tarasenko it just simply means you can try to get him.

I wonder how people would react if I suggested 1 for 1 with leon
May 15, 2018 at 7:35 a.m.
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan

From a Blues perspective I love and hate it simultaneously. In one aspect, we're getting a number one center. In another, we're trading a 30 goal minimum sniper without replacing him. So I don't think it necessarily makes the Blues a better team overall.
May 15, 2018 at 7:36 a.m.
Rangers 2023
From a Blues perspective I love and hate it simultaneously. In one aspect, we're getting a number one center. In another, we're trading a 30 goal minimum sniper without replacing him. So I don't think it necessarily makes the Blues a better team overall.

You guys have to hope that kyrou kostin thompson fabbri and thomas all make impacts in the next 2 years
May 15, 2018 at 7:41 a.m.
You guys have to hope that kyrou kostin thompson fabbri and thomas all make impacts in the next 2 years

Fabbri has proven when healthy he's an impact guy. He just needs to stay healthy which is the problem. I think Thomas will be an impact center. Wasn't keen on him when he was drafted, but he's progressed very nicely. I have little hope for Thompson in the next few years. Feel like he's one of those types that will always be a third liner with a high end shot.
Kyrou is a true wildcard at this point. He's put up great regular season numbers in the OHL followed by two horrific playoffs.
Blues also have Erik Foley now as well who has an edge to his game and loves being in the dirty areas.
Kostin is the one I'm most looking forward too. I think he's going to have an impact similar to Rickard Rakell but meaner. As long as he gets developed in the right way.
May 15, 2018 at 8:59 a.m.
Fabbri has proven when healthy he's an impact guy. He just needs to stay healthy which is the problem. I think Thomas will be an impact center. Wasn't keen on him when he was drafted, but he's progressed very nicely. I have little hope for Thompson in the next few years. Feel like he's one of those types that will always be a third liner with a high end shot.
Kyrou is a true wildcard at this point. He's put up great regular season numbers in the OHL followed by two horrific playoffs.
Blues also have Erik Foley now as well who has an edge to his game and loves being in the dirty areas.
Kostin is the one I'm most looking forward too. I think he's going to have an impact similar to Rickard Rakell but meaner. As long as he gets developed in the right way.

I feel like the Blues are going to rely on the younger players to fill that 2C and keep schenn on line 1
May 15, 2018 at 9:14 a.m.
I feel like the Blues are going to rely on the younger players to fill that 2C and keep schenn on line 1

If Tavares plan falls through, they won't trade for a center. They'll attempt to resign Stastny to a short contract and place Thomas in a third line center role and send him back down if he doesn't look like he belongs within the first 9 games. I don't see them trading pieces for ROR. The only other center I can see them trading for is Nuge. Age wise he fits in with the core, probably costs less to get than other centers on the market. But I don't see it happening
May 15, 2018 at 9:21 a.m.
If Tavares plan falls through, they won't trade for a center. They'll attempt to resign Stastny to a short contract and place Thomas in a third line center role and send him back down if he doesn't look like he belongs within the first 9 games. I don't see them trading pieces for ROR. The only other center I can see them trading for is Nuge. Age wise he fits in with the core, probably costs less to get than other centers on the market. But I don't see it happening

I'm thinking if you get a 2C via trade. It is going to have to be by cheap costs. Just trying to sign a center is safer than trading for one
May 15, 2018 at 9:57 a.m.
I'm thinking if you get a 2C via trade. It is going to have to be by cheap costs. Just trying to sign a center is safer than trading for one

That's why they'll attempt to sign Tavares but settle for Stastny.
May 15, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Uh, no
Jun. 18, 2018 at 1:38 p.m.
91 is a game changer. I think it is extremely unlikely he'll be traded; however, if 99 can be traded, anything is possible. I think it is more likely the Blues deal their other prospects for short term improvements.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 4:17 p.m.

Now I don’t think that’s looks very good lol. Statistically yes Schwartz has done better, but Tarasenko drives the play better than anybody. It’s hard to find this type of player and he is one of a kind and I just don’t see it happening.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 10:47 a.m.
Now I don’t think that’s looks very good lol. Statistically yes Schwartz has done better, but Tarasenko drives the play better than anybody. It’s hard to find this type of player and he is one of a kind and I just don’t see it happening.

Well it wont happen now, so it's moot. But at the time I would have considered it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll