Forums/Armchair-GM

Offseason

Created by: NateElder12
Team: 2018-19 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: May 4, 2018
Published: May 4, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
MIN Deal: Not sure what his value is after the down season due to injury but a baseline based around this seems like it would be fair based on results of the last two years. Minny fans, let me know what you think please.

DAL Deal: This is really for any team willing, but I just placed DAL here since it would be an upgrade over McKenna or Lehtonen. Chances are we probably end up rolling with Neuvy/Elliot one more year, but with this we have Hart/Stolarz in LHV and Sandstrom in the SHL.

FLA Deal: A budget team with three core centers locked up in Barkov, Trocheck, and Borgstrom. Deal saves them money and adds some promising cheaper players ready for full time NHL roles. Helps replenish the picks that they have traded away in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Bjugstad would be an ideal type center that Hexy is looking for since his three years of term should not prevent the younger players like Laczynski, Frost, etc. from having future roster spots. Additionally, Bjugstad is a better options than most of the FAs available so maybe FLA could leverage that into a larger return but this is a baseline. FLA fans, let me know.

VGK Deal: Weal falling out of favor with Hak (go figure) means he could be moved. I could see his style of play fitting and chip on the shoulder mentality fitting in well with Vegas. Pick could be anywhere between a 3rd and 5th rounds of any year.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$850,000
1$850,000
2$1,250,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
1$800,000
1$650,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,850,000
Wilde, Bode
3$925,000
Trades
MIN
  1. Rubtsov, German
  2. 2019 2nd round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
2018 1st Rd Pick (19th Overall)
Rights to Bernahrdt
PHI
  1. 2019 4th round pick (DAL)
Additional Details:
**Pick is conditional based on whether Neuvirth starts 28 games. If he doesn't then the Flyers receive DAL 2019 7th Rd Pick**
FLA
  1. Martel, Danick
  2. Morin, Samuel
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (NJD)
Additional Details:
2018 2nd Rd Pick
PHI
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (NSH)
PHI
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
Getting our pick back.
DET
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$78,000,000$64,010,833$0$4,645,000$13,989,167

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 4
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW
UFA - 2
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$3,975,000$3,975,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,350,000$2,350,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$962,500$962,500
C, LW
UFA - 1
$680,833$680,833 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW
UFA - 1
$4,700,000$4,700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,345,000$2,345,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 4, 2018 at 1:59 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Not bad
NateElder12 liked this.
May 4, 2018 at 2:03 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Not bad

thanks RAIF lol
May 4, 2018 at 2:16 p.m.
Banned
Way too much to give up for Nino IMO. I feel we can get a similar middle 6 winger for much less.
May 4, 2018 at 2:20 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Way too much to give up for Nino IMO. I feel we can get a similar middle 6 winger for much less.

Maybe. But I also know you value Rubtsov way more than most haha. Also, i didn't want a middle six guy in the deal. I want a top-6 forward. If there is a middle six guy that provides just as much value or more I'm all ears though.
May 4, 2018 at 2:23 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: NateElder12
Maybe. But I also know you value Rubtsov way more than most haha. Also, i didn't want a middle six guy in the deal. I want a top-6 forward. If there is a middle six guy that provides just as much value or more I'm all ears though.

I'm not super high on Rubstov, but according to most people he is a solid 2 way C. That slots in perfectly as our 3C or 4C. As for top 6 players that would be cheaper, I think Domi fits that.
May 4, 2018 at 2:29 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: DirtyDangles
I'm not super high on Rubstov, but according to most people he is a solid 2 way C. That slots in perfectly as our 3C or 4C. As for top 6 players that would be cheaper, I think Domi fits that.

I don't see us getting Domi for something cheaper than that. I'd be around the same package. People pay a hefty price for players with that term or RFAs. i also wouldn't rate Domi even close to Nino - easily a tier lower but that's just my opinion. I agree on the Rubtsov thing I view him as a guy with 2C or 3C upside but he doesn't carry any more value than someone like Hayton for TBL. I gave a similar package that they paid for McDonagh (Hayton, Hajek, 1st, conditional 1st). Plus I value guys like Vorobyev, Frost, Lacznyski, Ratcliffe, and Lindblom over him. Add in Patrick, TK, etc. the already full time NHLers and I think he's going to be extremely limited in his ability to crack the roster.
May 4, 2018 at 2:38 p.m.
Too much for Nino.

Florida won't trade Bjustad for that little.
May 4, 2018 at 2:40 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: Dmh1055
Too much for Nino.

Florida won't trade Bjustad for that little.

yeah that's why i said in the description to add in what you trade for them lol. Not mindless comments with no supporting info. laugh
May 4, 2018 at 2:43 p.m.
I was thinking Bjugstad for Simmods straight up??? You guys get younger and faster we get the veteran leadership and grit we need.
NateElder12 liked this.
May 4, 2018 at 2:44 p.m.
yeah that's why i said in the description to add in what you trade for them lol. Not mindless comments with no supporting info. laugh

I would like Bjustad but wouldn't give up what Florida would want. I would have zero interest in Nino.
May 4, 2018 at 2:45 p.m.
Quoting: daveyyz
I was thinking Bjugstad for Simmods straight up??? You guys get younger and faster we get the veteran leadership and grit we need.

That would work. If you're going to give him away.
May 4, 2018 at 2:54 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: daveyyz

that would be interesting. Not sure if Hexy would want to trade a team leader though either for those reasons. Not a bad counter. Thanks for the input!
May 4, 2018 at 2:55 p.m.
NateElder12
I would like Bjustad but wouldn't give up what Florida would want. I would have zero interest in Nino.

what do you think they would want then? Haha put yourself out there. Don't just comment but not put your opinion behind anything. And for Nino why is there zero interest? You still aren't giving me anything haha.
May 4, 2018 at 3:17 p.m.
what do you think they would want then? Haha put yourself out there. Don't just comment but not put your opinion behind anything. And for Nino why is there zero interest? You still aren't giving me anything haha.

Florida should want at least a similar deal as the Flyers got for Brayden Schenn for Bjustad. So the Flyers 2018 and 2019 first round picks. They might take Lehtera. If the deal is Simmonds, if I was Florida I would still ask for a 1st with Simmonds. He's a 6'6 25 year old two-way center that is cost controlled.

Nino is a 25 year old wing that scores 20 goals that is overpriced. You are trading 2 first round picks, a 2nd rounder and a prospect for a 25 year old player that still hasn't reached his potential. He doesn't look like a core player. He's not a player I would trade for. At his current salary level he's worth a 2nd round pick or a late first from a contender but Minnesota would probably rather have him than that return.
May 4, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
NateElder12
Florida should want at least a similar deal as the Flyers got for Brayden Schenn for Bjustad. So the Flyers 2018 and 2019 first round picks. They might take Lehtera. If the deal is Simmonds, if I was Florida I would still ask for a 1st with Simmonds. He's a 6'6 25 year old two-way center that is cost controlled.

Nino is a 25 year old wing that scores 20 goals that is overpriced. You are trading 2 first round picks, a 2nd rounder and a prospect for a 25 year old player that still hasn't reached his potential. He doesn't look like a core player. He's not a player I would trade for. At his current salary level he's worth a 2nd round pick or a late first from a contender but Minnesota would probably rather have him than that return.

you might want to research Nino a bit more if that's what you think man lol.. His numbers are comparable to that of Stone and Hossa. He's one of the few wingers in the league that could challenge for the Selke. That kind of mindset is the same thing that people said about Couturier but I appreciate the suggestion. I mean didn't you post the Flyers trading two prospects and two draft picks for Shaw. Come on dude. He's like 1/8th the palyer of Nino.

For Bjugstad maybe they'd want more but with Barkov, Trocheck, and Borgstrom down the middle and factored in with the fact they operate on an internal budget and not the cap i think you have to consider those. It's the same team that gave away March and Smith for free don't forget haha. I even mentioned maybe they'd want more above. Not sure why you give an instant 1 star lol.

cheers
May 4, 2018 at 4:16 p.m.
you might want to research Nino a bit more if that's what you think man lol.. His numbers are comparable to that of Stone and Hossa. He's one of the few wingers in the league that could challenge for the Selke. That kind of mindset is the same thing that people said about Couturier but I appreciate the suggestion. I mean didn't you post the Flyers trading two prospects and two draft picks for Shaw. Come on dude. He's like 1/8th the palyer of Nino.

For Bjugstad maybe they'd want more but with Barkov, Trocheck, and Borgstrom down the middle and factored in with the fact they operate on an internal budget and not the cap i think you have to consider those. It's the same team that gave away March and Smith for free don't forget haha. I even mentioned maybe they'd want more above. Not sure why you give an instant 1 star lol.

cheers

cheers[/quote]

The trade I made for Shaw was C level prospects. Not 1st and 2nd round picks. At least say what you would give up for Shaw. Don't just comment without putting yourself out there. haha

Nino appears to be a player that can't score if he dedicates himself to D. At the end of the day, he's a winger and if he's not scoring at a high rate he's not that valuable. As a two way forward you would at least like to see his assist number up but they are considerably low. I mention this especially since you mention Stone and Hossa as comparisons when each of whom put up multiple 20+ goal and 30 to 40 assist seasons along with defensive play. To me, there's no comparison there.

If Florida wants to make a bad deal because of their budget or because of a history of bad moves that's on them. They made a choice to not want to pay Marchessault and they didn't feel Riley Smith was worth the contract they gave him. They end up looking bad on both of these deals now. Bjustad is less risky and isn't really coming off of a season where he would be considered underperforming.

The one star is my opinion of your trades. You traded a significant portion of prospects for Nino and he doesn't make the team substantially better and damages the future salary cap. The Bjustad trade is unrealistic since Florida "should" be asking for much more. No team is giving up an asset for Neuvirth without the Flyers at least retaining salary. Jordan Weal is not worth a 3rd Rd pick especially not from Vegas.
May 4, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
NateElder12

cheers

The trade I made for Shaw was C level prospects. Not 1st and 2nd round picks. At least say what you would give up for Shaw. Don't just comment without putting yourself out there. haha

Nino appears to be a player that can't score if he dedicates himself to D. At the end of the day, he's a winger and if he's not scoring at a high rate he's not that valuable. As a two way forward you would at least like to see his assist number up but they are considerably low. I mention this especially since you mention Stone and Hossa as comparisons when each of whom put up multiple 20+ goal and 30 to 40 assist seasons along with defensive play. To me, there's no comparison there.

If Florida wants to make a bad deal because of their budget or because of a history of bad moves that's on them. They made a choice to not want to pay Marchessault and they didn't feel Riley Smith was worth the contract they gave him. They end up looking bad on both of these deals now. Bjustad is less risky and isn't really coming off of a season where he would be considered underperforming.

The one star is my opinion of your trades. You traded a significant portion of prospects for Nino and he doesn't make the team substantially better and damages the future salary cap. The Bjustad trade is unrealistic since Florida "should" be asking for much more. No team is giving up an asset for Neuvirth without the Flyers at least retaining salary. Jordan Weal is not worth a 3rd Rd pick especially not from Vegas.[/quote]

Did you see players that went for 3rds at the trade deadline? Nino makes like 1.5M more than Shaw and is good. His scoring rates are actually 1st line level and his shot suppression is one of the tops in the league. I wouldn't give up anything for Shaw. I gave up Rubtsov and Bernhardt for Nino. That's far from a "significant portion" lol. And if you don't see any comparisons then you just don't watch him or believe in the numbers which is fine. Also I said Weal could be anything between a 3rd or 5th and to any team - I just chose Vegas .. maybe go up and read some of the top first. Lol cap problems by adding Nino is hilarious. It's just none of your suggestions make any sense. So overdramatic about "no team would ever" and you aren't backing up with anything except your "feelings" lol. I actually wanted to know why but when you talk about rates etc it just proves you don't really know because Nino's per/60 rates are on par and greater than stone and hossa over the last three years lol. I'm just saying if you're going to state things as fact at least look stuff up before making up things
May 4, 2018 at 6:28 p.m.
\ You traded a significant portion of prospects for Nino and he doesn't make the team substantially better and damages the future salary cap.

German Rubstov is probably the fifth best prospect in the Flyers farm system in terms of name recognition and overall upside for forwards. David Bernhardt doesn't really have a chance to make the team outside of the last pairing if *at least* Philippe Myers turns out to his potential.

The Flyers will have ample cap room to support Nino as any sort of "cap hell" issues would occur in the last year of his deal, allowing the Flyers to either move him or just wait for the contract to expire. He costs less than Simmonds will and we have the cap to sign Simmonds to about 6.25M without the cap losing its autonomy.
NateElder12 liked this.
May 4, 2018 at 10:00 p.m.

The one star is my opinion of your trades. You traded a significant portion of prospects for Nino and he doesn't make the team substantially better and damages the future salary cap. The Bjustad trade is unrealistic since Florida "should" be asking for much more. No team is giving up an asset for Neuvirth without the Flyers at least retaining salary. Jordan Weal is not worth a 3rd Rd pick especially not from Vegas.

Did you see players that went for 3rds at the trade deadline? Nino makes like 1.5M more than Shaw and is good. His scoring rates are actually 1st line level and his shot suppression is one of the tops in the league. I wouldn't give up anything for Shaw. I gave up Rubtsov and Bernhardt for Nino. That's far from a "significant portion" lol. And if you don't see any comparisons then you just don't watch him or believe in the numbers which is fine. Also I said Weal could be anything between a 3rd or 5th and to any team - I just chose Vegas .. maybe go up and read some of the top first. Lol cap problems by adding Nino is hilarious. It's just none of your suggestions make any sense. So overdramatic about "no team would ever" and you aren't backing up with anything except your "feelings" lol. I actually wanted to know why but when you talk about rates etc it just proves you don't really know because Nino's per/60 rates are on par and greater than stone and hossa over the last three years lol. I'm just saying if you're going to state things as fact at least look stuff up before making up things[/quote]

It’s laughable you think Nino is anywhere near Hossa. Per 60 rates are better but somehow the stat lines aren’t close. Perhaps Nino doesn’t have the fitness to play more than 13 to 14 minutes. Nor the ability to play at a higher level in the playoffs. You also compared a very old Hossa to Nino which somehow isn’t comical to you.

At the end of the day you value fancy stats and 1st rd playoff exits.

Also I believe your trade for Nino was Rubtsov, a 2018 1st, a 2019 2nd rd pick and then Bernhardt. Leaving the picks out of your attack on my significant sum comment is clear ignorance on your part.
May 4, 2018 at 10:06 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
German Rubstov is probably the fifth best prospect in the Flyers farm system in terms of name recognition and overall upside for forwards. David Bernhardt doesn't really have a chance to make the team outside of the last pairing if *at least* Philippe Myers turns out to his potential.

The Flyers will have ample cap room to support Nino as any sort of "cap hell" issues would occur in the last year of his deal, allowing the Flyers to either move him or just wait for the contract to expire. He costs less than Simmonds will and we have the cap to sign Simmonds to about 6.25M without the cap losing its autonomy.

Is this a troll? I didn’t realize the Nino deal was for Rubtsov and Bernhardt alone.
May 5, 2018 at 2:34 a.m.
NateElder12
Is this a troll? I didn’t realize the Nino deal was for Rubtsov and Bernhardt alone.

LOL.. oh know our picks laugh
May 5, 2018 at 2:57 a.m.
NateElder12
Did you see players that went for 3rds at the trade deadline? Nino makes like 1.5M more than Shaw and is good. His scoring rates are actually 1st line level and his shot suppression is one of the tops in the league. I wouldn't give up anything for Shaw. I gave up Rubtsov and Bernhardt for Nino. That's far from a "significant portion" lol. And if you don't see any comparisons then you just don't watch him or believe in the numbers which is fine. Also I said Weal could be anything between a 3rd or 5th and to any team - I just chose Vegas .. maybe go up and read some of the top first. Lol cap problems by adding Nino is hilarious. It's just none of your suggestions make any sense. So overdramatic about "no team would ever" and you aren't backing up with anything except your "feelings" lol. I actually wanted to know why but when you talk about rates etc it just proves you don't really know because Nino's per/60 rates are on par and greater than stone and hossa over the last three years lol. I'm just saying if you're going to state things as fact at least look stuff up before making up things

It’s laughable you think Nino is anywhere near Hossa. Per 60 rates are better but somehow the stat lines aren’t close. Perhaps Nino doesn’t have the fitness to play more than 13 to 14 minutes. Nor the ability to play at a higher level in the playoffs. You also compared a very old Hossa to Nino which somehow isn’t comical to you.

Also I believe your trade for Nino was Rubtsov, a 2018 1st, a 2019 2nd rd pick and then Bernhardt. Leaving the picks out of your attack on my significant sum comment is clear ignorance on your part.[/quote]

Dude you literally said I traded away all of our prospects for Nino. The picks - irrelevant. The prospects were only two and none in the top-5 of our system. If you think rubstov is our number one prospect fine but I have guys like frost, laczynski, Allison, Myers, ratcliffe, etc ahead of him .. it's fine. Just value +/- and go on with your life laugh
May 5, 2018 at 10:57 a.m.

Also I believe your trade for Nino was Rubtsov, a 2018 1st, a 2019 2nd rd pick and then Bernhardt. Leaving the picks out of your attack on my significant sum comment is clear ignorance on your part.

Dude you literally said I traded away all of our prospects for Nino. The picks - irrelevant. The prospects were only two and none in the top-5 of our system. If you think rubstov is our number one prospect fine but I have guys like frost, laczynski, Allison, Myers, ratcliffe, etc ahead of him .. it's fine. Just value +/- and go on with your life laugh[/quote]

Literally, I said a significant portion of prospects not all. Reading comprehension is literally important, literally.
May 5, 2018 at 12:43 p.m.
Dude you literally said I traded away all of our prospects for Nino. The picks - irrelevant. The prospects were only two and none in the top-5 of our system. If you think rubstov is our number one prospect fine but I have guys like frost, laczynski, Allison, Myers, ratcliffe, etc ahead of him .. it's fine. Just value +/- and go on with your life laugh

Literally, I said a significant portion of prospects not all. Reading comprehension is literally important, literally.[/quote]

Didn't know that less than 20% is considered "significant". Put into context, the Flyers are most likely trading away their 4-5th best forward prospect and their 4-5th best defensive prospect.
May 5, 2018 at 2:23 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Literally, I said a significant portion of prospects not all. Reading comprehension is literally important, literally.

Didn't know that less than 20% is considered "significant". Put into context, the Flyers are most likely trading away their 4-5th best forward prospect and their 4-5th best defensive prospect.[/quote]

Or they are trading Carter Hart (2nd rd pick), Morgan Frost (1st rd pick), Rubstov, and Bernhardt. But the draft picks are irrelevant supposedly.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll