SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Marchand's Tongue Licking

Punishment?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 5, 2018 at 1:22 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
This guy is a F****** embarrassment to not only the team and league but to the sport itself. Have some class. If I was Callahan or Komarov I would have carved his neck out with the blade of my stick. Hockey players have probably the best class and leadership qualities in any sport and this guy literally just S*** all over that. I hope the next time this happens, there is some sort of sexual harassment charge rather than a suspension or fine.
Buchnevesey and nobody liked this.
May 5, 2018 at 1:30 a.m.
let's go back to medieval style punishment just for him. He clips someone again, break his back. Slew foot, foot chopped off. Licking, tongue cut off.
Caufzi and nobody liked this.
May 5, 2018 at 2:17 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Thought the NHL would come out with a new rule by now. Similar to the how they created the Sean Avery Rule after he interfered with the goalie/ pretended to hit the goalie with his stick.
Marchand rule = 2 minutes unsportsmanlike for licking or kissing the opposing team
Munsen88, nobody and MatteauMyToe36 liked this.
May 5, 2018 at 11:59 a.m.
I'm a Skatman
Quoting: Jarvis
Thought the NHL would come out with a new rule by now. Similar to the how they created the Sean Avery Rule after he interfered with the goalie/ pretended to hit the goalie with his stick.
Marchand rule = 2 minutes unsportsmanlike for licking or kissing the opposing team

can someone (not a Bruins fan) explain VERY slowly to me how this isn't covered under "unsportsmanlike conduct"?
CapHater liked this.
May 5, 2018 at 12:02 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
NHL: "pls to stop lick other players kthxbai"
Marchand: "ahahahahahaha" *slowly takes lick from popsicle*
May 5, 2018 at 1:16 p.m.
Ok so since I have this obsession with playing devils advocate:

Players are allowed to literally punch people in the head, crush them into the boards, shoot frozen solid rubber pucks at your face, accidentally high stick your eye out, stick you in the nuts, slash your finger off, tell the other player that they literally **** every single person in your family, etc etc etc

But taunting players by licking their nose is completely over the top? neutral

And this comes from someone who absolutely despises Marchand btw. I get it, it is gross. That mouth and tongue has probably been rummaging through garbage before the game but some people make it sound like Callahan was raped and violated.

Suspension is too harsh IMO. Licking another player needs to be something the players police themselves on. I wish Callahan would of gave a full effort punch straight to the face of Marchand instead of nothing really because he was afraid of getting a penalty, and then the refs just put the whistle away for this one time.

Marchand gets his lick. Callahan gets his retribution. Refs don't give any guy a penalty. That will really teach Marchand that licking isn't cool because there will be no benefit to doing it. Except for a punch to the face that surely won't feel nice.
ON3M4N, TheTown and awatt liked this.
May 5, 2018 at 1:39 p.m.
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
can someone (not a Bruins fan) explain VERY slowly to me how this isn't covered under "unsportsmanlike conduct"?

It used to be under a penalty like gross misconduct or something of that nature. The NHL took it out on favor of a broader misconduct penalty. Apparently not broad enough.
May 5, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
Imo Marchand should at least take the players out to dinner before he does such a thing.
Caufzi, Buchnevesey, DeadGuy63 and 1 other person liked this.
May 5, 2018 at 2:18 p.m.
NBABound
I would have licked him back
TheTown liked this.
May 5, 2018 at 2:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
This guy is a F****** embarrassment to not only the team and league but to the sport itself. Have some class. If I was Callahan or Komarov I would have carved his neck out with the blade of my stick. Hockey players have probably the best class and leadership qualities in any sport and this guy literally just S*** all over that. I hope the next time this happens, there is some sort of sexual harassment charge rather than a suspension or fine.

It shouldn't be a suspension. It makes no sense, he's just trying to be annoying, but it's not super terrible. It still makes no sense.
MatteauMyToe36 liked this.
May 5, 2018 at 2:30 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

"[Team] penalty, number [number], 2 minutes for acting like Brad Marchand!"
lol
May 5, 2018 at 3:59 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
At the very least it was an 2 minute unsportsmanlike penalty. If the refs had started to calling a penalty at the start of the nonsense it would have ended soon. How the refs not call a penalty? And by not calling a penalty that have encouraged the behaviour.
I thought upper cut to the chin and " bottom and top teeth on tongue" would have solved the problem too.
nobody liked this.
May 5, 2018 at 8:11 p.m.
Buchnevesey
I just wish someone on the ice would deal with it themselves...
May 6, 2018 at 9:24 a.m.
Philly Sports Fan
It makes hockey look bad to the dumb people who don't like hockey. I think its bad for the game, makes it look very silly.
May 6, 2018 at 10:09 a.m.
At first it was Brad being Brad, now its starting to get out of hand. I'm afraid that #63 is starting to lose his composure and Tampa Bay is going to be able to easily get him off his game.
nobody and Buchnevesey liked this.
May 6, 2018 at 11:32 a.m.
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
let's go back to medieval style punishment just for him. He clips someone again, break his back. Slew foot, foot chopped off. Licking, tongue cut off.

and I'm sure you support capital punishment too....
May 6, 2018 at 11:33 a.m.
Marchand rule = 2 minutes unsportsmanlike for licking or kissing the opposing team[/quote

it's called antagonism, no penalty for that.....
May 6, 2018 at 11:33 a.m.

"antagonist"
May 6, 2018 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: F50marco

Players are allowed to literally punch people in the head, crush them into the boards, shoot frozen solid rubber pucks at your face, accidentally high stick your eye out, stick you in the nuts, slash your finger off, tell the other player that they literally **** every single person in your family, etc etc etc

And this comes from someone who absolutely despises Marchand btw. I get it, it is gross. That mouth and tongue has probably been rummaging through garbage before the game but some people make it sound like Callahan was raped and violated.

Suspension is too harsh IMO. Licking another player needs to be something the players police themselves on. I wish Callahan would of gave a full effort punch straight to the face of Marchand instead of nothing really because he was afraid of getting a penalty, and then the refs just put the whistle away for this one time.

Marchand gets his lick. Callahan gets his retribution. Refs don't give any guy a penalty. That will really teach Marchand that licking isn't cool because there will be no benefit to doing it. Except for a punch to the face that surely won't feel nice.

well said
May 6, 2018 at 3:29 p.m.
Buchnevesey
Quoting: PaulDunnill
"antagonist"

“Not a Bruins fan”
nobody liked this.
May 7, 2018 at 9:27 a.m.

I totally agree!
If the refs had the stones to call the unsportsmanlike penalty when the tongue first made its appearance Boston would have dealt with it internally.
No NHL team would tolerate being shorthanded because of something as stupid as this.
If it continues, its only a matter of time before someone pops Marchand in the chin and he loses his ability to lick anything.
May 7, 2018 at 9:42 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: CapHater
I totally agree!
If the refs had the stones to call the unsportsmanlike penalty when the tongue first made its appearance Boston would have dealt with it internally.
No NHL team would tolerate being shorthanded because of something as stupid as this.
If it continues, its only a matter of time before someone pops Marchand in the chin and he loses his ability to lick anything.

Won't continue as he was eliminated yesterday.
But, I guess you could be referring to next season?
May 7, 2018 at 10:09 a.m.
yep, I meant next season, glad its over for him this year lol
May 7, 2018 at 10:32 a.m.
Below Market Value
I don't understand why Marchand feels the need to act like such a jackass. He's extremely talented and is one of the best wingers in the game, but then he goes and pulls the kind of stuff you'd expect a 4th liner trying to make a name for himself would do. He doesn't need to do half the stuff he does; he's guaranteed a spot in the lineup. But then he keeps on being Brad Marchand.
Jun. 12, 2018 at 7:48 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: F50marco

When you think about how poor some people's hygiene is and the diseases people have. If Marchand worked in an office setting and he licked another employee, whether male or female he would be facing sexual harassment charges. Probably be fired, face criminal charges and get sued civilly by the victim. Imagine if someone came up and licked your face out of nowhere. What would you do? Imagine if someone licked a loved ones face. What would you do?

If he did that during the regular season, you best believe he woulda got retaliated against. I can't stand the Bruins but I can respect the skill the guy has and there's no reason he needs to do that stuff. It becomes a distraction to his team. Someone brought up a good point on how do you penalize that. A normal person wouldn't consider behaving that way to begin with so until some strange situation arises, there wouldn't be any forms of punishment documented.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit