SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Offseason to change the Dcore

Who says no?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 10, 2018 at 12:17 p.m.
Would you do this trade:

Leafs give up Jake Gardiner to Dallas for Julius Honka maybe a 2nd/3rd round pick
Sign Calvin De Haan for 3.5 - 4m x 4 years

new dcore:

Rielly - Hainsey
Dermott - Honka
De Haan - Zaitsev

We effectively make our RHD better, shelter Zaitsev. assuming Gardiner has another strong season he would be asking for a big payday (over 6 million the following season), when we also have to sign Marner and Matthews.
I get we'd be giving up a top 40 dman, but given the extra minutes I can see Dermott thriving, with CDH as the new shut down dman alongside Hainsey.
May 10, 2018 at 3:17 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Like the idea of moving Gardiner and bringing in a guy like De Haan while also giving Dermott added ice time.

Trade value is off though, not a chance Dallas is giving us one of their best prospects for Gardiner. I like Gardiner's offensive contributions and his aggressiveness, but he's weak on the puck and has shown he lacks good hockey IQ. Dallas would be the one saying no for sure.
May 10, 2018 at 9:32 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I don't know why the Leafs would that much interest in deHaan and his bad shoulder. Reilly, Dermot and Borgman seem to good enough to handle LHD in the future. No question Gardiner is going to be a Leaf for a maximum of one year. Sure I would trade Honda for Gardiner but why would Dallas? And even at that Honda, Honda hasn't shown NHL consistency.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit