Stastny, Paul
1$9,000,000
Thornton, Joe
1$6,000,000
Green, Mike
1$5,000,000
Trades
STL
  1. Gallagher, Brendan ($1,000,000 retained)
  2. Pacioretty, Max ($2,000,000 retained)
  3. Scherbak, Nikita
  4. 2018 1st round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. Carrier, Alexandre
  2. Trenin, Yakov
Additional Details:
Rights to Dante Fabbro
NSH
  1. Price, Carey ($3,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
MTL will retain annually 3 mill of Price's 8 yr extension
MTL
  1. MacDonald, Andrew
  2. 2018 1st round pick (PHI)
  3. 2019 2nd round pick (PHI)
MTL
  1. Nylander, Alexander
  2. 2019 3rd round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Rights to Asplund
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,000,000$78,392,776$0$405,000$607,224
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 6
Tavares, John
$13,000,000$13,000,000
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Stastny, Paul
$9,000,000$9,000,000
$925,000$925,000
C
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
Thornton, Joe
$6,000,000$6,000,000
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 3
$912,500$912,500
C
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Green, Mike
$5,000,000$5,000,000
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$688,333$688,333 (Performance Bonus$10,000$10K)
RD
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
RD
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 16, 2018 at 1:15 p.m.
Quoting: Subbanator7667
You really are simple minded aren’t you. You went from arguing that the value wasn’t there because of talent, I call you out and explain how your wrong and you then go to a cap arguement.

So let me just clear this whole “where would they play” and “trading prospects for cap dumps”. Where would they play? In your top 6 INSTANTLY, you only have Tarasenko on your right side, Gallagher and Scherbak would step in as your 2 & 3 right wingers = Upgrade, Pacioretty would get time on the top line and second line, find the best fit and done. Gallagher and Pacioretty would also step into your power play units, Gallagher probably on #2, Pacioretty where ever he has the best chemistry could play either.

Then there’s the cap dump comment, Pacioretty I can understand, when he resigns it’s most likely a 6.5-7 million dollar contract but proven 30 goal scorers don’t come cheap. But as for Gallagher we’ll he was one of the cheapest players to score 30 goals this year, paying him $3.7 for the next four years to be a top six player is a steal. Then you have Scherbak and a top 3 pick on entry level contracts. Even if you lose Pacioretty I’m free agency they still have 2 top six wingers and a top 9 winger for under $6 million for the next 3 years. So don’t say the Blues can’t afford it moving forward, having three potential top 6 players for 7.5% of your cap is a teams dream come true.

I also just noticed that you said 2 of them are out of their prime, which two? Pacioretty maybe has a shot at declining but this was his first injury filled year in the past 5, and guess what he did the 4 he was healthy? You guessed it - put up 60+ points, without a center. Give him a healthy year, put him Schenn and Tarasenko and you have a 70p campaign coming. But who was the other? The 26 year old who just had a break out 30 goal year, the 21 year old who hasn’t even played 50 nhl games yet or how about the yet undrafted top 3 pick?

Montreal loses this trade, just face it.

Hell no. why am I arguing with a kid first of all. and the cap is just a added effect to why the trade is lopsided in MTL's favor. Are you a MTL fan to? I wouldn't be surprised if you were because every other person that either are Blues fan, or are a fan of a different team all voted 1 STAR because you believe your "stars" are worth more than they are. and I am not going to have this R etarded argument with a 12 year old. Plain and simple MTL fans learn what the value of your players are. Only 2 thing I would take in the trade. Scherzbak and 4OA. Problem is you guys are trying to dump cap on us which army will not accept. Not for almost every top prospect we have. go cheese the f ucking rangers instead.
May 16, 2018 at 1:15 p.m.
You really are simple minded aren’t you. You went from arguing that the value wasn’t there because of talent, I call you out and explain how your wrong and you then go to a cap arguement.

So let me just clear this whole “where would they play” and “trading prospects for cap dumps”. Where would they play? In your top 6 INSTANTLY, you only have Tarasenko on your right side, Gallagher and Scherbak would step in as your 2 & 3 right wingers = Upgrade, Pacioretty would get time on the top line and second line, find the best fit and done. Gallagher and Pacioretty would also step into your power play units, Gallagher probably on #2, Pacioretty where ever he has the best chemistry could play either.

Then there’s the cap dump comment, Pacioretty I can understand, when he resigns it’s most likely a 6.5-7 million dollar contract but proven 30 goal scorers don’t come cheap. But as for Gallagher we’ll he was one of the cheapest players to score 30 goals this year, paying him $3.7 for the next four years to be a top six player is a steal. Then you have Scherbak and a top 3 pick on entry level contracts. Even if you lose Pacioretty I’m free agency they still have 2 top six wingers and a top 9 winger for under $6 million for the next 3 years. So don’t say the Blues can’t afford it moving forward, having three potential top 6 players for 7.5% of your cap is a teams dream come true.

I also just noticed that you said 2 of them are out of their prime, which two? Pacioretty maybe has a shot at declining but this was his first injury filled year in the past 5, and guess what he did the 4 he was healthy? You guessed it - put up 60+ points, without a center. Give him a healthy year, put him Schenn and Tarasenko and you have a 70p campaign coming. But who was the other? The 26 year old who just had a break out 30 goal year, the 21 year old who hasn’t even played 50 nhl games yet or how about the yet undrafted top 3 pick?

Amen!! I had no more patience to actually do a break down like this. He just refuses cause of his emotional attachment to those prospects.
May 16, 2018 at 1:18 p.m.
Quoting: The_Architect
Amen!! I had no more patience to actually do a break down like this. He just refuses cause of his emotional attachment to those prospects.

and you have emotional drawbacks to your "elite" players which makes you lopside trades. for instance a f ucking 1st, prospect, allen and a top 6 forward for Price who has fallen off because of injuries. and dont f ucking say that just because he gets injured doesnt matter because it does because if we get screwed with a guy who gets injured all the time we dont have a true starter anymore we have Husso who isnt just ready quite yet.
May 16, 2018 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Philadelphia has no incentive to move the 19th overall pick for someone they do not need.

Stop talking as if you represent them on any professional level. And if you do, post your credentials so everyone can see.
May 16, 2018 at 1:20 p.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
and you have emotional drawbacks to your "elite" players which makes you lopside trades. for instance a f ucking 1st, prospect, allen and a top 6 forward for Price who has fallen off because of injuries. and dont f ucking say that just because he gets injured doesnt matter because it does because if we get screwed with a guy who gets injured all the time we dont have a true starter anymore we have Husso who isnt just ready quite yet.

this trade lets say we dont win the cup and pac leaves, and gallagher leaves. what was the value of the trade? the prospects that went to montreal.
May 16, 2018 at 1:21 p.m.
Stop talking as if you represent them on any professional level. And if you do, post your credentials so everyone can see.

we get nothing that helps us in this trade.
May 16, 2018 at 1:21 p.m.

I am stating basic facts based on information that General Manager Ron Hextall has said in a press conference. Anyone who casually follows this team has a fundamental understanding of what the long term vision is.
May 16, 2018 at 1:23 p.m.

Price gets injured as much as every other goalie in the league. Quick, Crawford, Holtby, Bobrovski, Gibbson, Bishop, Fleury, Murray etc. etc.
May 16, 2018 at 1:23 p.m.

You wanna know simple minded. You a person who never played the game in your life, never coached, never GMed. Me 6 years of starting goalie. was heading to sarnia before a 3 ACL tears in 2 years. You know what else I coached for 4 years as a high school then I decided to coach a select team. so what do you call simple minded in picking my players wisely. and what is simple minded when my hand picked team wins 3 years in a row?
May 16, 2018 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I am stating basic facts based on information that General Manager Ron Hextall has said in a press conference. Anyone who casually follows this team has a fundamental understanding of what the long term vision is.

You believe all the garbage GMs say?. Are you telling me that there's isnt an offer in the world that you wouldn't trade the 19th OAP for?
May 16, 2018 at 1:27 p.m.
Price gets injured as much as every other goalie in the league. Quick, Crawford, Holtby, Bobrovski, Gibbson, Bishop, Fleury, Murray etc. etc.

oh my god are you that daft? 70- games in 3 years that means in 3 years you have a goalie who hasnt played almost a whole season worth of injury. not to mention the games he didnt even start. means he has had over 1 third of three season out. as a starter. means husso starts for a third of every season normally a back up played anywhere from 10 to 30 games. well now he is playing 40 a year. Why am I going to pay a guy to sit out for a third of the year as a starter role over 6 million?
May 16, 2018 at 1:29 p.m.
we get nothing that helps us in this trade.

You're answering on Jabrony's behalf?
May 16, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
Subbanator
Hell no. why am I arguing with a kid first of all. and the cap is just a added effect to why the trade is lopsided in MTL's favor. Are you a MTL fan to? I wouldn't be surprised if you were because every other person that either are Blues fan, or are a fan of a different team all voted 1 STAR because you believe your "stars" are worth more than they are. and I am not going to have this R etarded argument with a 12 year old. Plain and simple MTL fans learn what the value of your players are. Only 2 thing I would take in the trade. Scherzbak and 4OA. Problem is you guys are trying to dump cap on us which army will not accept. Not for almost every top prospect we have. go cheese the f ucking rangers instead.

It’s funny you think your argueing with a 12 year old since I actually articulate arguements and give facts to support my claims. But I get it, your scared because you lost this arguement so your resorting to swearing and calling people names.

And I am a Montreal fan, in this market we actually tend to be the more critical of our players. But trying to tell me that the left winger who has scored the fourth most goals in the NHL since 2013 isnt elite and that a 26 year old winger who just got his first of what could be multiple 30 goal seasons isn’t elite then we’ll it really shows me that your either a ridiculously ignorant person or you don’t know that much about hockey.

Either way, you can respond with another out burst or you can do what I did, state your opinion, back it up with facts and then dispel all the non sense other people try to post. I just completed that third step.

@The_Architect - just want to keep you up on this dispute.
May 16, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.

I am answering this to teach you how a trade works.
May 16, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
You believe all the garbage GMs say?. Are you telling me that there's isnt an offer in the world that you wouldn't trade the 19th OAP for?

There are offers for which the Flyers would move the 19th overall pick. I never affirmed that they wouldn't move the pick. However, moving the pick for a player who won't have a long term role with the team and moving the pick to essentially move MacDonald's cap hit is not what Hextall's plan is. With the up and coming players (Sanheim, Myers, Hagg, Morin), the Flyers will be filled with top-4 defensemen and this trade means that we are either scratching Petry (the guy we just moved a top-20 pick for) or a younger player.

The projected lineup (of which most beats and Flyers' fans would like) to see is this:

Ivan Provorov - Shayne Gostisbehere
Travis Sanheim - Philippe Myers
Robert Hagg/Sam Morin/Andrew MacDonald - Radko Gudas
May 16, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
It’s funny you think your argueing with a 12 year old since I actually articulate arguements and give facts to support my claims. But I get it, your scared because you lost this arguement so your resorting to swearing and calling people names.

And I am a Montreal fan, in this market we actually tend to be the more critical of our players. But trying to tell me that the left winger who has scored the fourth most goals in the NHL since 2013 isnt elite and that a 26 year old winger who just got his first of what could be multiple 30 goal seasons isn’t elite then we’ll it really shows me that your either a ridiculously ignorant person or you don’t know that much about hockey.

Either way, you can respond with another out burst or you can do what I did, state your opinion, back it up with facts and then dispel all the non sense other people try to post. I just completed that third step.

montreal fans need to learn there players place. Pac's value fell because of injury. gallagher sure okay 30 goal scorer send him of the first line. still not worth kyrou. a 100 POINT SEASON. If you want to know why you guys aren't winning cups. Look at what you guys think is fair deals. why have you guys not won a cup since the 20th century. because you think Pac, Gallagher, Schezbak, and not even 4oa you gave a 2019 pick to keep the 4oa. for a 100 point producer, a 1st round pick for THIS year, a player who looks like a top 3 guy to come in thomas. a nhl ready 20+ goal scorer in thompson, a should have been TOP 10 PICK but no one wanted to risk it except Blues. and the funniest thing is you think its fair to give 4 in a way first round picks for that. if anyone doesnt know hockey its you guys. because you wont give what they are actually worth. @Ragsandbluesfan @The_Real_FBGM_37 @MT_11 and more of these guys all agree with me I would not offer 4 first round picks for Pacioretty, Gallagher, scherzbak and not even the 4oa its the 2019 pick just so you can keep the 4oa to pick one of the top 5 guys. Anyone agree. I think that is the concept of what is lopsided. take your f ucking players and go find someone else to cheese.
May 16, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
montreal fans need to learn there players place. Pac's value fell because of injury. gallagher sure okay 30 goal scorer send him of the first line. still not worth kyrou. a 100 POINT SEASON. If you want to know why you guys aren't winning cups. Look at what you guys think is fair deals. why have you guys not won a cup since the 20th century. because you think Pac, Gallagher, Schezbak, and not even 4oa you gave a 2019 pick to keep the 4oa. for a 100 point producer, a 1st round pick for THIS year, a player who looks like a top 3 guy to come in thomas. a nhl ready 20+ goal scorer in thompson, a should have been TOP 10 PICK but no one wanted to risk it except Blues. and the funniest thing is you think its fair to give 4 in a way first round picks for that. if anyone doesnt know hockey its you guys. because you wont give what they are actually worth. @Ragsandbluesfan @The_Real_FBGM_37 @MT_11 and more of these guys all agree with me I would not offer 4 first round picks for Pacioretty, Gallagher, scherzbak and not even the 4oa its the 2019 pick just so you can keep the 4oa to pick one of the top 5 guys. Anyone agree. I think that is the concept of what is lopsided. take your f ucking players and go find someone else to cheese.

yea you edited it to put it as the 2018 pick.
May 16, 2018 at 1:51 p.m.

No Comment? Exactly because you know I'm right. 9 years of coaching the game, 6 years of playing goalie and a life long fan has help me be a very complexly minded hockey fan. So have you finally learned your lesson? and I know I have 6 other people who will back me up.
May 16, 2018 at 1:51 p.m.
Subbanator
You wanna know simple minded. You a person who never played the game in your life, never coached, never GMed. Me 6 years of starting goalie. was heading to sarnia before a 3 ACL tears in 2 years. You know what else I coached for 4 years as a high school then I decided to coach a select team. so what do you call simple minded in picking my players wisely. and what is simple minded when my hand picked team wins 3 years in a row?

Ugh now your just getting sad. Don’t need your resume to see how qualified you are for your fantasy league. I think it’s safe to assume everyone one here has some history in hockey, one way or another. Personally Iv played hockey every year of my life since I was 3, does that make me an expert, no. But am I smart enough to look at that trade and see that trading 4 actually valuable pieces for 2 centers over the age of 30 who combined for a total of 21 points last year, and 4 kids who haven’t even played an NHL game yet is a ridiculously one sided trade.

Add in the fact that out of those 4 picks, 2 were drafted in the first round, one in the second and one in the 6th.

So let me ask you, would you trade Max Pacioretty, Brendan Gallagher, Nikita Scherbak (that’s how you spell it by the way) and #3 overall for #20, #31, #35 and #156?

That’s basically how this trade lays out. If you want me to break it down further for you I can, but make sure you have your calculator and dictionary out so I don’t get you lost in the statistics or the reasoning.
May 16, 2018 at 1:55 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
This has gotten out of hand haha. 117 comments, I'll add one more:

It's not the value of the trade that is invalid... it's the premise. If you break the trade down into 2-3 parts, it isn't so crazy, but it's just not in STL's plan to move out all the guys we just drafted for a mix of guys from Montreal. We've been re-tooling for a few years now, no point in tossing it all away - it probably won't make us better than NSH or WPG next year, and makes us significantly weaker for the next decade. Here's why I think it doesn't work:

- Thomas is a much-needed center. STL is like MTL, always trying to find a center - now we found one of the top OHL players at 20th in the draft, that's a big positive for our franchise. While the value probably doesn't match, I wouldn't want to move Thomas for Zadina straight up unless there were a bunch of other changes to our lineup (i.e. Tavares).

- I think Pacioretty would make more sense at the trade deadline for STL . I can't remember any blue-chip prospects getting moved for a UFA at a trade deadline in recent history. Maybe you could say Jonathen Dahlen since his numbers were great at the time of the Burrows trade, but the general consensus even at the time was that it was an awful trade for OTT (think lite version of Forsberg-Erat). So the Blues probably wouldn't have to give up a Kyrou/Thomas/Thompson/Kostin for a rental, maybe a package like Kaspick + Blais + 1st + 2nd would make sense.

- Gallagher isn't really a guy that Montreal should be moving, so I understand why any trade involving him would require a big overpayment. The Blues would be better off finding someone that is actually on the block and moveable (like when we got Schenn from PHI) and paying the reasonable price for that guy rather than forking over a ton of futures for an important guy like Gallagher.

So, I see this trade as close enough on value but not close on strategy.
May 16, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
Ugh now your just getting sad. Don’t need your resume to see how qualified you are for your fantasy league. I think it’s safe to assume everyone one here has some history in hockey, one way or another. Personally Iv played hockey every year of my life since I was 3, does that make me an expert, no. But am I smart enough to look at that trade and see that trading 4 actually valuable pieces for 2 centers over the age of 30 who combined for a total of 21 points last year, and 4 kids who haven’t even played an NHL game yet is a ridiculously one sided trade.

Add in the fact that out of those 4 picks, 2 were drafted in the first round, one in the second and one in the 6th.

So let me ask you, would you trade Max Pacioretty, Brendan Gallagher, Nikita Scherbak (that’s how you spell it by the way) and #3 overall for #20, #31, #35 and #156?

That’s basically how this trade lays out. If you want me to break it down further for you I can, but make sure you have your calculator and dictionary out so I don’t get you lost in the statistics or the reasoning.

First even tho a few are not first round Kyrou, Thomas, Kostin, and Thompson all play like they were picked in the first round and Kyrou was the ONLY NON FIRST ROUND PICK. Thompson, Kostin, Thomas were all first round. So do I need to refer you to the website?
May 16, 2018 at 1:57 p.m.
First even tho a few are not first round Kyrou, Thomas, Kostin, and Thompson all play like they were picked in the first round and Kyrou was the ONLY NON FIRST ROUND PICK. Thompson, Kostin, Thomas were all first round. So do I need to refer you to the website?

and I havent been talking about Blais
May 16, 2018 at 1:58 p.m.

and I don't care if I say MTL players names right. They dont win cups anyway. make stupid trades like this
May 16, 2018 at 2:01 p.m.
Subbanator

Im sorry but when was the last time St Louis won a cup? or maybe even made a conference final? and Kyrou was a 100 point player in the OHL as a 20 year old. he should be putting up those numbers against guys who are typically 2 years younger than him. Where are you getting 4 first round picks? Thomas #20, Kostin #31, and everyone else was drafted after that. You can talk about valuing your players one way or another but I would rather value my players on what they have done in the NHL not what people tell me they might do. Especially since every one of them was drafted outside of the top 10 and hasn't been able to come into the league as a teenager, that's not the sign of an elite prospect.
May 16, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Im sorry but when was the last time St Louis won a cup? or maybe even made a conference final? and Kyrou was a 100 point player in the OHL as a 20 year old. he should be putting up those numbers against guys who are typically 2 years younger than him. Where are you getting 4 first round picks? Thomas #20, Kostin #31, and everyone else was drafted after that. You can talk about valuing your players one way or another but I would rather value my players on what they have done in the NHL not what people tell me they might do. Especially since every one of them was drafted outside of the top 10 and hasn't been able to come into the league as a teenager, that's not the sign of an elite prospect.

Never won a cup. We made the conference finals back when we were the best team of an expansion division, it was easy street, and we've never won a SCF game, ever. Ok now that's out of the way, what does it have to do with the current team/mgmt?

Kyrou was drafted in 2016. He just turned 20 like a week ago. He was in his D+2 year and won the OHL regular season MVP. Vinny Trocheck did the same thing in his D+2 year. Not sure how you can knock a guy when he doesn't determine where he plays... was he going to beat anyone for a spot on the Blues last year? We were supposed to be a pretty serious contender going into last year (and we **** the bed per usual). Mat Barzal spent his D+2 year in the WHL and he is looking pretty okay in the NHL so far. If elite prospect is just a fancy word for top-10 pick, what's the point of even doing the rest of the draft? The draft is just a snapshot in time, players get better or worse from their position as time moves on. Not really fair to say that since none of the Blues prospects are top-10 picks that they won't amount to anything...
phillyjabroni liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll