Created by: GMTD
Team: 2017-18 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: May 13, 2018
Published: May 16, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
NONE OF THESE TRADES WILL EVER HAPPEN.

BOTTERILL WILL NOT MAKE THESE TRADES.

I saw all of these trades on CF posted by other GM.

This would be cool if it could l happen. Botterill would be like a kid in a candy shop with all of these picks.
Trades
BUF
  1. 2019 1st round pick (SJS)
SJS
  1. 2019 2nd round pick (SJS)
BUF
  1. Pickard, Calvin
  2. 2019 4th round pick (STL)
TOR
  1. Girgensons, Zemgus
Additional Details:
Created by: Hackadart16
BUF
  1. Russell, Kris
  2. 2019 2nd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. 2019 4th round pick (BUF)
  2. 2019 6th round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Created by: pittsburgh_6687
EDM trades Russell, K & 2019 2nd to BUF for 2019 4th & 2019 6th
BUF
  1. Shaw, Andrew
  2. 2019 2nd round pick (MTL)
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (MTL)
MTL
    Created by: The_Architect
    Future considerations
    BUF
    1. Sekera, Andrej
    2. 2019 3rd round pick (EDM)
    EDM
    1. 2020 4th round pick (BUF)
    Additional Details:
    Created by: Styled
    BUF
    1. Orpik, Brooks
    2. 2018 1st round pick (WSH)
    WSH
    1. Moulson, Matt ($2,500,000 retained)
    Additional Details:
    Created by: CFMan
    BUF
    1. Jurco, Tomas
    2. 2019 4th round pick (CHI)
    CHI
    1. Pouliot, Benoit
    Additional Details:
    Created by: hockeyog
    CHI trades Jurco, T & 2019 4th to BUF for Pouliot, B
    BUF
    1. Deangelo, Anthony
    2. 2018 1st round pick (NYR)
    NYR
    1. Nylander, Alexander
    Additional Details:
    Created by: Linlan
    NYR trade Deangelo, A. & 2018 1st 13th OA to BUF for Nylander, A
    BUF
    1. Aho, Sebastian
    2. 2018 1st round pick (NYI)
    3. 2018 2nd round pick (NYI)
    Additional Details:
    Rights to Eansor
    NYI
    1. O'Reilly, Ryan ($1,500,000 retained)
    Additional Details:
    Created by: linehan10
    BUF trades O'Reilly, R ($1,500,000 retained) to NYI for Aho, S, Eansor, S, 2018 1st (8th OA) & 2018 2nd (41st OA)
    BUF
    1. Kuemper, Darcy
    2. Rinaldo, Zac
    3. 2019 6th round pick (PIT)
    4. 2019 6th round pick (ARI)
    5. 2020 2nd round pick (ARI)
    ARI
    1. Beaulieu, Nathan
    Additional Details:
    Created by: Ro_show2
    ARI trades Kuemper, D, Rinaldo, Z, 2020 2nd, 2019 6th & 2019 6th (WSH) to BUF for Beaulieu, N
    BUF
    1. 2019 1st round pick (ARI)
    ARI
    1. Okposo, Kyle ($1,500,000 retained)
    2. 2019 3rd round pick (BUF)
    Additional Details:
    Created by: SamMcI0036
    LAK
    1. Bogosian, Zach ($1,642,857 retained)
    Additional Details:
    Created by: Dkollidas
    BUF
      not a trade, I am only removing him from the roster as he will be at the end of the year, to show how much cap space this team would have.
      BUF
      1. Pánik, Richard
      2. 2018 3rd round pick (ARI)
      ARI
      1. Pominville, Jason ($2,800,000 retained)
      Additional Details:
      Created by: Ragsandbluesfan
      BUF
      1. Elliott, Brian
      2. 2018 1st round pick (PHI)
      PHI
      1. Lehner, Robin
      Additional Details:
      Created by: djmain93
      Retained Salary Transactions
      Buried
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the NYI
      Logo of the ARI
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the ARI
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the STL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the ARI
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the ARI
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      20$75,000,000$57,042,024$0$5,742,500$17,957,976

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
      $800,000$800,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
      C
      UFA - 1
      $2,800,000$2,800,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $925,000$925,000
      LW
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      LW, C
      RFA - 3
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $718,333$718,333 (Performance Bonus$60,000$60K)
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      RW, C
      UFA - 3
      $1,475,000$1,475,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 2
      $650,000$650,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 2
      $670,000$670,000 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $3,900,000$3,900,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 5
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 3
      $5,400,000$5,400,000
      RD
      UFA - 5
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      LD/RD
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $1,600,000$1,600,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 2
      $750,000$750,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      LD/RD
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      LD
      UFA - 2
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      G
      UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      May 16, 2018 at 5:43 p.m.
      Edmonton say yes thank you
      GMTD liked this.
      May 16, 2018 at 5:48 p.m.
      I'm confused, the title says trade the cancer but Eichel is still on the roster...
      GMTD liked this.
      May 16, 2018 at 5:50 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      Quoting: hpatton
      I'm confused, the title says trade the cancer but Eichel is still on the roster...

I have heard that from a very reliable source that he says all the right things in front of the microphones, but not so much in private.
      May 16, 2018 at 5:51 p.m.
      I'm so sick of this Ryan O'Reilly is a cancer narrative. Dude gives his all year in, year out and gets nothing but **** for it. No wonder he's lost his love for the game. Meanwhile that prick Jack Eichel throws a hissy fit because he couldn't drag a bad team to the playoffs like McDavid did, and he blames Bylsma.

I hate the Sabres so much.
      May 16, 2018 at 5:52 p.m.
      Eichel Tower

As unlikely that I think any of these trades will be made many of them are possible, just not very probable.
      May 16, 2018 at 5:55 p.m.
      Quoting: GMTD
      I have heard that from a very reliable source that he says all the right things in front of the microphones, but not so much in private.

Ike or ROR?
      May 16, 2018 at 5:56 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      Quoting: Claesson4Norris
      I'm so sick of this Ryan O'Reilly is a cancer narrative. Dude gives his all year in, year out and gets nothing but **** for it. No wonder he's lost his love for the game. Meanwhile that prick Jack Eichel throws a hissy fit because he couldn't drag a bad team to the playoffs like McDavid did, and he blames Bylsma.

I hate the Sabres so much.

Well, I think Eichel may have some locker room issues, but I think O'Reilly only cares about his personal stats, FO% and penalty minutes. You tell me the last time a great two way player only had one penalty all year. Great two way players will take 15 to 40 penalties per year to stop a goal. He just wants to be nominated for the Lady Bing.
      May 16, 2018 at 5:57 p.m.

My Dude. can I give a comment 5 stars? because Eichel can jump in the sea as far as I'm concerned
      May 16, 2018 at 5:58 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      Quoting: Greysuits
      Ike or ROR?

Eichel.
      We know O'Reilly let his feelings known when he said he lost the love of the game. Little kids play this game and lose teeth for the love of the game. He gets paid $7,500,000 a year and he does not love it? Get out of town.
      May 16, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      My Dude. can I give a comment 5 stars? because Eichel can jump in the sea as far as I'm concerned

OMW I stopped posting Eichel trades due to all of the hate mail. I would include him in every post but no matter how good the balance of the post could be, everyone would focus only on that But IMO he is part of the problem as well. I have to admit, I did see him playing more defense toward the end of the year, so may be there is hope.
      May 16, 2018 at 6:04 p.m.
      Vinnylou
      Hey don't you trade for our 2 most heavily over paid dmen
      May 16, 2018 at 6:13 p.m.
      Well, I think Eichel may have some locker room issues, but I think O'Reilly only cares about his personal stats, FO% and penalty minutes. You tell me the last time a great two way player only had one penalty all year. Great two way players will take 15 to 40 penalties per year to stop a goal. He just wants to be nominated for the Lady Bing.

Dude is a key part of the PK and you want him to take more penalties? Dude doesn't have the luxuries of being able to take a penalty on a team that bad
      May 16, 2018 at 6:14 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      Quoting: vinnylou
      Hey don't you trade for our 2 most heavily over paid dmen

laugh I included who originally designed these trades. What I find absolutely crazy is some of them actually are possible and this Sabre team with all of the cap reduction players, may actually be better than the team that finished last over all. rock on
      vinnylou liked this.
      May 16, 2018 at 6:18 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      Dude is a key part of the PK and you want him to take more penalties? Dude doesn't have the luxuries of being able to take a penalty on a team that bad

I am making the point that we were sold a bill of goods that he is a great two way player. All great two way players PK, all great two way players will take the penalty to stop a score, he does not. BTW if he was so important to the PK why does the PK rank 22nd, maybe he is not all that important.
      May 16, 2018 at 6:42 p.m.
      Nicely done my friend nicely done......

What would make it more interesting is what would you have to do in 3, 4, 5 years and beyond when all those picks come off their 3 year entry level deal...... you would be forced to move quite a few but I guess at that point you could start the draft pick train all over again.

IMO Eichel is still learning how to play the game..... at every stop in his career it was easy for him because he was just so much more talented than his competition...... now in the NHL everyone has talent..... he realized this year that he could no longer just believe the hype..... that he would actually have to work for it and learn how to actually play in the defensive zone..... his speed no longer allows him to be caught up ice because the guys he is chasing are also quite fast.

What people have to do is just take a breath..... he is only 21 years old..... his all around game did improve by the end of the year and he was showing his chops on the PK. Will he ever live up to the 'generational talent' label.... no not possible.... with the addition of Dahlin the focus will not be solely on Eich which in the end will help him considerably.

As far as ROR.... my dear friend GMTD and I differ by 180 degrees on this one..... I did not like the comments at the end of the year and I was emotional about the comments. I realized I overreacted.... I reacted like a jilted season ticket holder who is too emotionally charged in their team. Once I allowed myself to step back and look at the situation ROR is not the swiftest skater and because of this he is forced to dump and chase in the offensive side of the game those are fair knocks on his game. He is still a very reliable defensive center who can play and be extremely effective on the PP, PK & faceoff aspects of the game. I have to tip my hat to him for at least always being honest. I think that if more players were actually honest with themselves and the fans it would be a more enjoyable game to watch. So I am firmly in the camp that ROR should not be traded by GMBots unless a team is willing to overpay for ROR.

Thank you for taking the time to go through and grab all of those trades and to put forth a team. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!!!
      GMTD liked this.
      May 16, 2018 at 7:21 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      Quoting: wagsnags
      Nicely done my friend nicely done......

What would make it more interesting is what would you have to do in 3, 4, 5 years and beyond when all those picks come off their 3 year entry level deal...... you would be forced to move quite a few but I guess at that point you could start the draft pick train all over again.

IMO Eichel is still learning how to play the game..... at every stop in his career it was easy for him because he was just so much more talented than his competition...... now in the NHL everyone has talent..... he realized this year that he could no longer just believe the hype..... that he would actually have to work for it and learn how to actually play in the defensive zone..... his speed no longer allows him to be caught up ice because the guys he is chasing are also quite fast.

What people have to do is just take a breath..... he is only 21 years old..... his all around game did improve by the end of the year and he was showing his chops on the PK. Will he ever live up to the 'generational talent' label.... no not possible.... with the addition of Dahlin the focus will not be solely on Eich which in the end will help him considerably.

As far as ROR.... my dear friend GMTD and I differ by 180 degrees on this one..... I did not like the comments at the end of the year and I was emotional about the comments. I realized I overreacted.... I reacted like a jilted season ticket holder who is too emotionally charged in their team. Once I allowed myself to step back and look at the situation ROR is not the swiftest skater and because of this he is forced to dump and chase in the offensive side of the game those are fair knocks on his game. He is still a very reliable defensive center who can play and be extremely effective on the PP, PK & faceoff aspects of the game. I have to tip my hat to him for at least always being honest. I think that if more players were actually honest with themselves and the fans it would be a more enjoyable game to watch. So I am firmly in the camp that ROR should not be traded by GMBots unless a team is willing to overpay for ROR.

Thank you for taking the time to go through and grab all of those trades and to put forth a team. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you for your comments, and we will have different points of view and as long as we respect them and learn from them that is good.
      The crazy part of this post is that some, if not all of the trades are possible if a team wants to shed cap. By trading Bogosian, Pominville and Okposo this team actually has some cap space and as you correctly pointed out most of the players drafted this year probably will not make it to the NHL for 5 years then Botterill could start the trade for picks merry go round and keep the team in contention for a long time. If he can continue to draft as well as he did last year, the team is in very good hands.
      VinnyLou an Oiler fan loved the Russell and Sekera trade, thanking me for taking the Oilers two highest paid under-performing defensemen, and their may be more people who like them, so it would be possible I think to do some of these but unlikely all.
      wagsnags liked this.
      May 16, 2018 at 7:43 p.m.
      Thank you for your comments, and we will have different points of view and as long as we respect them and learn from them that is good.
      The crazy part of this post is that some, if not all of the trades are possible if a team wants to shed cap. By trading Bogosian, Pominville and Okposo this team actually has some cap space and as you correctly pointed out most of the players drafted this year probably will not make it to the NHL for 5 years then Botterill could start the trade for picks merry go round and keep the team in contention for a long time. If he can continue to draft as well as he did last year, the team is in very good hands.
      VinnyLou an Oiler fan loved the Russell and Sekera trade, thanking me for taking the Oilers two highest paid under-performing defensemen, and their may be more people who like them, so it would be possible I think to do some of these but unlikely all.

IMO it all depends on length of term that is left on the cap dump that the Sabres take on...... I think the Sabres should look to take on no more than 2 years of term with a cap dump contract. The team currently has $56 million of salary before signing the RFA's & draft picks..... Assuming that Reinhart is the only RFA (trading Lehner) that will require serious dollars and if the cap goes to 78-80 the team could absorb 10 million in cap dump so you could say 3 cap dumps...... hopefully that equates to young players, prospects & draft picks galore.
      GMTD liked this.
      May 16, 2018 at 7:58 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      Quoting: wagsnags
      IMO it all depends on length of term that is left on the cap dump that the Sabres take on...... I think the Sabres should look to take on no more than 2 years of term with a cap dump contract. The team currently has $56 million of salary before signing the RFA's & draft picks..... Assuming that Reinhart is the only RFA (trading Lehner) that will require serious dollars and if the cap goes to 78-80 the team could absorb 10 million in cap dump so you could say 3 cap dumps...... hopefully that equates to young players, prospects & draft picks galore.

Trading Okposo, Pominville and Bogosian helps the cap. I did not look at it that closely but with the cap space available after trading them, it may be possible to sign all of the RFA's that were picked up. I was too lazy to do it for this site because this was just for fun. I actually can see two scenarios, the one above (or a much reduced cap space for sale) and my other post that actually built a good team with out giving up the future which also included several cap reduction players. This is all for fun, and let's us dream. I am sure Botterill will develop a plan far better than I could ever imagine.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll