SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 GM Game - General Discussion

Would you guys be ok with me being a GM simultaneously with my Commissioner duties?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 24, 2018 at 8:45 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59
In relation to all the Tanev talk, I think he's a great defensive d man, but for pick 11, the add shouldn't be as much as it was. Laplante and the 5th pick are nothing compared to Sorokin and Pelech.

Didn't want to get involved, but 1sts are valued way too highly here. There's a difference between IRL and CF values. I don't blame RAIF for paying what he did, because there's a recent Hamonic trade as reference, and #11 isn't much different than the 12 (?) They just acquired for Hamonic.

P.S. If I shouldn't comment on this, let me know and I'll remove it. It just bothers me that 1sts seem to carry such a disproportionate value. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 24, 2018 at 9:19 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Didn't want to get involved, but 1sts are valued way too highly here. There's a difference between IRL and CF values. I don't blame RAIF for paying what he did, because there's a recent Hamonic trade as reference, and #11 isn't much different than the 12 (?) They just acquired for Hamonic.

P.S. If I shouldn't comment on this, let me know and I'll remove it. It just bothers me that 1sts seem to carry such a disproportionate value. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that.

You have every right to comment rico
May 24, 2018 at 10:01 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
@rangersandislesfan New York Islanders@Turner33 Carolina Hurricanes@BoltsPoint21 Tampa Bay Lightning@matt59 Columbus Blue Jackets@ricochetii Montreal Canadiens@plNHL Colorado Avalanche@Rodzikhockey93 Toronto Maple Leafs@mhockey91 Pittsburgh Penguins@Math Nashville Predators@TrueNorth Winnepeg Jets@Daryl Arizona Coyotes@TonyStrecher Vancouver Canucks@NateElder12 Philadelphia Flyers@Icegirl Minnesota Wild@Mr_cap Dallas Stars@l9guysports Boston Bruins@krakowitz Washington Capitals@A_K St. Louis Blues@TabooPenguo Vegas Golden Knights@KSIxSKULLS Florida Panthers
@GronkNation Los Angeles Kings@Ethereal Anaheim Ducks@flamesfan419 Calgary Flames@HallforHart New Jersey Devils@JT_Miller New York Rangers@Zach Buffalo Sabres@HoffmanisKing Ottawa Senators
@MrBooth Detroit Red Wings@realOilersGM17 Edmonton Oilers@MacWinnon San Jose Sharks@TMLSage Chicago Blackhawks@phillyjabroni Quebec Nordiques

Greeting. I just wanted to put out this final reminder.

Tomorrow will mark 1 week remaining for all teams to take advantage of the early signing period for up to 3 of your RFA's.
Any offer submitted to the BOG after midnight EST May 31, 2018 will NOT be negotiated.
This means if you still wish to use this time to lock up a young player, contact you BOG rep for your division and submit your tender offers.

The division reps are

Metro = Kayla
Atlantic = Me
Pacific = Krak
Central = Matt
TMLSage liked this.
May 24, 2018 at 10:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: flamesfan419

Tomorrow will mark 1 week remaining for all teams to take advantage of the early signing period for up to 3 of your RFA's.
Any offer submitted to the BOG after midnight EST May 31, 2018 will NOT be negotiated.
This means if you still wish to use this time to lock up a young player, contact you BOG rep for your division and submit your tender offers.

The division reps are

Metro = Kayla
Atlantic = Me
Pacific = Krak
Central = Matt

Only 3?
May 24, 2018 at 10:15 p.m.
Quoting: flamesfan419

The division reps are

Metro = Kayla
Atlantic = Me
Pacific = Krak
Central = Matt

Does this include 1 UFA?
May 24, 2018 at 10:24 p.m.
Can we get clarification as to why there is now a limit on how many RFAs GMs can sign? The rules state the following:
Quote:
June 10th - 16th: RFA extensions are handled. Only RFAs who have been tendered a QO can be extended.

This seems to imply that, as long as there is a qualifying offer made to a GM's RFA, they can be extended. No part of the "Restricted Free Agents" section specifically states a limit on how many RFAs can be extended; in fact, I would argue that it states that there is no upper echelon to how many RFAs can be extended, per the bolded part.

More information on how and why this decision is now in place over the current rule would be helpful.

edit: or is the three RFA limit just for the early session? and then during the allotted time, there is no limit?
May 24, 2018 at 10:32 p.m.
SEA GM v5
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Can we get clarification as to why there is now a limit on how many RFAs GMs can sign? The rules state the following:
Quote:
June 10th - 16th: RFA extensions are handled. Only RFAs who have been tendered a QO can be extended.

This seems to imply that, as long as there is a qualifying offer made to a GM's RFA, they can be extended. No part of the "Restricted Free Agents" section specifically states a limit on how many RFAs can be extended; in fact, I would argue that it states that there is no upper echelon to how many RFAs can be extended, per the bolded part.

More information on how and why this decision is now in place over the current rule would be helpful.

edit: or is the three RFA limit just for the early session? and then during the allotted time, there is no limit?

3 now, more later.
May 24, 2018 at 10:46 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quote:

The current BOG made the decision to allow for 3 RFAs to be signed prior to June 1st which allowed for some activity int he weeks leading up to the draft.
Then all remaing RFA negotiations will still take place during the time from mentioned.
Pretty sure this info was posted for all GM's to read and understand.

As for "how & why", because we the BOG have internal discussions that sometimes tweek the official rules but ensure all GM's are notified of any changes and never anything that compromises the integrity of the game.
May 24, 2018 at 10:48 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Does this include 1 UFA?

Yes. We have also allowed for each team to negotiate the signing of 1 of it's own UFAs prior to FA and the open market.
May 24, 2018 at 10:48 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: matt59
In relation to all the Tanev talk, I think he's a great defensive d man, but for pick 11, the add shouldn't be as much as it was. Laplante and the 5th pick are nothing compared to Sorokin and Pelech.

Here are my thoughts on the deal:

Tanev is an elite defensive RHD. If he was healthy all the time, I would say he would be a top 10 shutdown d-man in the league. There is a lot of demand for a player like him, especially as a RHD, and not very many available.

What RAIF gave up to get him may have been a bit more than what he was worth, but I think that it was fair market value. I had a couple other offers on the table for Tanev that were only slightly less value than what RAIF gave up and I would be willing to share these offers privately with the BOG if necessary. If the deal had simply been Tanev for 11th Overall, I would likely have taken one of the other offers, so Sorokin and Pelech being included was essential to RAIF getting the player that he wanted.
rangersandislesfan and nobody liked this.
May 24, 2018 at 10:58 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Where do i find our player rights?
May 24, 2018 at 11:01 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

It's on Cap Friendly under reserve lists
May 24, 2018 at 11:02 p.m.
Go Habs Go
You have every right to comment rico

I just wanted to be sure I wasn't doing the GM Game equivalent of tampering. smile

Quote:

I interpreted this as:
1. Qualify as many as you want.
2. Sign 3, preventing offer sheets.
3. Beyond those 3, offer sheets are a possibility.

If that's incorrect, please let me know.

Check the reserve list(s) for the team(s) your players come from.
May 24, 2018 at 11:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I just wanted to be sure I wasn't doing the GM Game equivalent of tampering. smile

I interpreted this as:
1. Qualify as many as you want.
2. Sign 3, preventing offer sheets.
3. Beyond those 3, offer sheets are a possibility.

If that's incorrect, please let me know.

Check the reserve list(s) for the team(s) your players come from.

I doubt we'll see any offer sheets though. They never happen.

Oh, wait, this is the GM Game. Never mind.
May 25, 2018 at 12:00 a.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
I doubt we'll see any offer sheets though. They never happen.

Oh, wait, this is the GM Game. Never mind.

@ricochetii

I believe that this is the plan:
3 RFAs can be resigned before June 1st
All other RFAs can be resigned after the draft with no risk of offer sheets (as long as they were qualified)
At this point any RFAs whose negotiations don't result in them being resigned will be able to be given an offer sheet.
May 25, 2018 at 7:29 p.m.
WentWughes
Florida Panthers
Looking to trade Keith Yandle for a top 10 pick in the draft. You might have to add depending on the position
May 25, 2018 at 8:27 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I think I might have read something wrong.
Are we allowed to use our 1 UFA signing on an extension?
I though I was going to be able to use mine to sign Pacioretty.

If not, why not?
May 25, 2018 at 8:50 p.m.
I think I might have read something wrong.
Are we allowed to use our 1 UFA signing on an extension?
I though I was going to be able to use mine to sign Pacioretty.

If not, why not?

We never planned to allow extensions for players not set to become free agents
May 25, 2018 at 8:56 p.m.
Go Habs Go
We never planned to allow extensions for players not set to become free agents

Looks like I read it more as one UFA/Extension rather than only re-signing. Any reason not to allow it, or was it just never considered?

Might open up the UFA market a bit of the option is there.
May 25, 2018 at 8:58 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Washington is going to lose to Vegas. Here's my proof.

In v1, I had San Jose (and Toronto Sticking Out Tongue). San Jose lost in the Cup Final.

In v2, I had Nashville. Nashville lost in the Cup Final.

In v3, I have Washington. Therefore, we will lose in the Cup Finals.

I really hope that in two and a half weeks someone can quote this and say that this didn't age well smile
ricochetii, rangersandislesfan, Zach and 1 other person liked this.
May 25, 2018 at 9:18 p.m.
WentWughes
Florida Panthers
Nick Bjudstad can be had for "fairly cheap" in the next 48 Hours. DM me on twitter if your interested. Looking for a High Pick and a Good Prospect, Pick will depend on how good the prospect is
May 25, 2018 at 9:48 p.m.
WentWughes
Florida Panthers

I am trading almost every unsigned prospect for round -1 they were drafted.

Ex. Joe Wegwerth 5th Round Pick
Chris Wilkie 7th Round Pick

You all get the Memo
May 25, 2018 at 9:52 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Florida Panthers

I am trading almost every unsigned prospect for round -1 they were drafted.

Ex. Joe Wegwerth 5th Round Pick
Chris Wilkie 7th Round Pick

You all get the Memo

Ryan Bednard was a 7th round pick. 8th round picks don't exist so...

Bednard for Future Considerations

feel free to write it up tanks
May 25, 2018 at 9:53 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Ryan Bednard was a 7th round pick. 8th round picks don't exist so...

Bednard for Future Considerations

feel free to write it up tanks

7th for 7th Smartass lol
May 25, 2018 at 9:54 p.m.
WentWughes
Alex Petrovic can be had for a 3rd + 4th Round Pick now. First comes gets it

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit