SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 GM Game - General Discussion

Would you guys be ok with me being a GM simultaneously with my Commissioner duties?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 17, 2018 at 1:03 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
@MrBooth I'll miss having you in the game ... thanks for playing. cheers
nobody, PrincessChloe and Missouri liked this.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 2:14 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
@MrBooth it was fantastic playing with you. We must have a record for the most almost completed deals ? but I’m still following you on twitter to see all the EP and Boeser tweets you send out, so we’ll stay in touch ?

So you were the one that kept pulling out of deals #exposed
TMLSage liked this.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 8:21 a.m.
get ur corsi up
@MrBooth thanks for bringing me into the game back in v1 (still trying to forget that Draisaitl trade lol). Just want to make it clear though that Nylander will always have THE flow over Boeser Sticking Out Tongue. I’ll see you around on twitter with your mob of ridiculous Canucks fans.
nobody liked this.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:30 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
So you were the one that kept pulling out of deals #exposed

Nah, you already know who it was Bolts ?
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:33 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Nah, you already know who it was Bolts ?

Yes, it was @MatthewsMarnerNylander
PrincessChloe and krakowitz liked this.
Nov. 18, 2018 at 11:36 a.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: MrBooth
I’d like to announce that I will be resigning from my position as GM of the Detroit Red Wings effective immediately.

A lot of thinking went into this, but I’ve decided that it’s for the better of my own sake if I leave the game. For the most part, v3 has been a fun ride. I’ve enjoyed the challenge of taking on a team like Detroit and making it somewhat formidable (at least, in my opinion).

As for the reason as to why I’m leaving, I’ll be frank. This game started off as a lot of fun and I definitely had fun trying to make Detroit a contender, but as of late that sense of enjoyment has almost disappeared. I no longer feel a part of the game, nor do I think that I’m necessarily wanted in this game. Whenever a new GM arrives, I’m the only one framed for being out there to fleece them. Whenever I’m mentioned, it’s nothing that’s positive of any sorts. I understand that I’m not perfect and have never been considering my history - however at the end of the day, no one is. Every single GM inquires on assets from new teams because they want to know if there’s a change in direction with the previous management group. Does that make me the one to warn others about? Most GMs have ludicrous offers especially to start off negotiations. I’ve done that a couple times as well. That doesn’t mean that I’m trying to fleece the league. The theory that I sweetheart talk every GM is nothing but the fabrication of the truth. I will also say this: at least I have a clue as to what I’m doing with my team; at least I don’t be the game’s recognized troll; at least I have the piece of integrity to not back out on deals multiple times; at least I don’t create other accounts to send harassing messages to other users, and at least I try, for the most part, to not be a pain to deal with in negotiations. Like it or not, those are some of the things that have been frustrating to me, and has led to my wanting out of the game - as simple as that.

Saying all that negative mumbo jumbo, thanks to @Zach for keeping my sanity in tact during certain times. Of all the people in this game, I’ve truly enjoyed getting to know you and I’m glad we interacted here. You never got to finish swapping rosters with Winnipeg, but you were a quality GM and still are a great friend.

@Turner33, supplier of dad jokes and complimentary humour at all times; and @matt59 my favourite Asian golfer; thank you guys for being around and defending this idiot at certain times in the past. Turner, you’ve definitely provided light in the tunnel when needed, and Matt is probably the nicest and most composed guy you’ll meet on the forums.

I’d like to thank @rangersandislesfan for creating this mess. I’ve insulted you a lot through the first two versions of the game and it’s something I regret, but we’ve both changed since then and I’m glad you wasted so much time in my life [insert sarcastic eye roll here]

Shoutout to @TabooPenguo for bringing me back in v2 as his AGM; once again, the challenge of the Islanders was a fun one and I enjoyed working with you.

Big props to my other AGMs, @HotsamBatcho and @wojme. You guys rock and I’ve really enjoyed working with you.

@Bo53Horvat, @TonyStrecher, @Daryl, @jmac490, @NateElder12, @A_K, @BoltsPoint21, @krakowitz, @phillyjabroni, @GronkNation and @alwaysnextyear, you guys have also made the game fun for the most part. There may have been some times where animosity was definitely existent, but thank you guys for contributing to making this game into what it is. I don’t think it’ll be possible to forget about how much time I wasted with all of you!

If I didn’t mention you, it’s either because

1. I couldn’t tag the entire league as much as I would’ve liked to
2. I didn’t get to know/interact with you as much
3. You’re part of the reason I wish to have nothing to do with the game anymore

I’d also like to thank (or not) the mods for not IP banning me when they should’ve, and for continuing to make CapFriendly a great hockey resource.

I’ve decided that my own real life is more important than a game of which means absolutely nothing to anyone else. It’s not worth wasting my time on and I don’t want to have anything to do with it anymore.

I would be glad to help whoever the new GM is during their transition period and answer any question they may have.

I’ll still be around on Twitter (and maybe once in a while on that Discord voice chat, if it’s still a thing) and keeping in touch with some of you, but consider this my final goodbye from the GM Game.

Last word: just because I’m leaving doesn’t mean the bet is off. I fully expect Dylan to wire me 50 dollars at the end of the season when Virtanen finishes the season outscoring Puljujarvi.

Farewell,
Booth

I take a 2 day CF break and this happens frown

Booth, gonna miss you being in the game buddy but we’ll still keep in touch on Twitter aplenty.

Here’s to the Canucks and Elias Petter-god’s Success (except vs my blue jackets) ??
nobody, NateElder12, rangersandislesfan and 2 others liked this.
Nov. 19, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Namestnikov sweepstakes are near a close. Send offers
Nov. 19, 2018 at 12:08 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Florida is testing the market on Picks, Rasmussen, Mascherin, Gauthier, Steenbergen and Tippett all listening on. Send Offers. I am looking for big impact players that can make my team a contender in return.

Just testing the market, so no guarantee I do anything. Colin White is the only man, reported to be leaving.
Nov. 19, 2018 at 12:20 p.m.
Testing the market....

Stamkos is available for a 2019 1st (projected top 10 preferably) first line potential forward, blue chip dman prospect and some other goodies
Nov. 19, 2018 at 12:37 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Testing the market....

Stamkos is available for a 2019 1st (projected top 10 preferably) first line potential forward, blue chip dman prospect and some other goodies

LAK 1st, Howden is my offer
Nov. 19, 2018 at 12:37 p.m.
Quoting: Gronk
LAK 1st, Howden is my offer

I said first line forward
Nov. 19, 2018 at 12:54 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
I said first line forward

Oh you mean for Stamkos? Anything is an upgrade rn
Nov. 19, 2018 at 1:10 p.m.
May contain nuts
Testing the market....

2020 1st, Filip Johansson/Jared McIsaac (pick one), and Jay O'Brien I'll start with.

I'll obviously need to add more, but what should it be?
Nov. 19, 2018 at 2:44 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Testing the market....

Patrick Kane for Stammer 1 for 1
Nov. 19, 2018 at 2:53 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
Patrick Kane for Stammer 1 for 1

I think I'll save my 2M
Nov. 19, 2018 at 2:54 p.m.
GM - Canucks
I think I'll save my 2M

I throw in the Joki
If you throw in some of that Giradi
Nov. 19, 2018 at 6:51 p.m.
I think I'll save my 2M

Kane>Stamkos tho
Nov. 19, 2018 at 10:05 p.m.
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Kane>Stamkos tho

2M more for Point
Nov. 19, 2018 at 10:35 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
I throw in the Joki
If you throw in some of that Giradi

I'm looking for prospects. Not 10.5M I'm stuck with
Nov. 20, 2018 at 12:29 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
The Blues have relieved Mike Yeo of his duties as head coach and have named Craig Berube Interim Head Coach.

PoHO @A_K statement on the personnel changes: "That guy was a ******* loser!"

St. Louis Blues
Daryl, Gronk, matt59 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 20, 2018 at 11:19 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Chicago Blackhawks

Patrick Kane is on the block.
Looking for a young center as the main return.
l9guysports liked this.
Nov. 22, 2018 at 10:09 a.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Florida Panthers would like to welcome new AGM, @All_Bran to the team!
PrincessChloe liked this.
Nov. 22, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I have no idea what the rule is about inactive GMs ... i haven't posted in this forum in about 6 days, so i'm doing that now. I know that was a thing in v1 where you could say something just to make sure everyone knows you're active. What is the rule with inactive GMs though?
Nov. 22, 2018 at 10:28 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I have no idea what the rule is about inactive GMs ... i haven't posted in this forum in about 6 days, so i'm doing that now. I know that was a thing in v1 where you could say something just to make sure everyone knows you're active. What is the rule with inactive GMs though?

I think they are giving a warning, if they fail to respond they are fired.
Please note, that most of our GMs use twitter and do respond very actively through that.
Nov. 22, 2018 at 8:10 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

For the 100th time people are more active in responding on Twitter than just posting an "I'm still playing comment" once a week. If you message someone on their page and they don't answer in a few days then bring it up to BOG. But I don't see the point in making people get on to post messages to themselves just so you know they're alive and well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit