Forums/Armchair-GM

True words

Created by: bjprice
Team: 2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: May 28, 2018
Published: May 28, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
THE ONLY REASON that the Shanaplan is considered "successful" is because of a lottery win.

Without that lottery win this is a team with nothing. Shitbag 2C, absolutely no defense, and soft ass wingers.

Go look at the draft results of the past 7 years. Show me the defense. I've looked at it. Its a ******* joke.

You have had so many top 20 picks in the recent past, how many are defense?

Count them.

Tell me im wrong because the answer is less than 20% of all the picks. That is trash.

Shanaplan is a joke, and new douche bag with dark glasses is a joke.

You're goign to waste the best American talent in the NHL in decades because you had to have Marner and Nylander when "jesus titty ******* christ look at the names" were available at those spots.

Hope you enjoyed the playoffs. That **** is over. Cannot win without defense, and you now will destroy your team to buy some in the trade market. Get wrecked.

Just a ******* joke of epic proportions. Coach have to go suckle teets of star player in off season because he blew dick in playoffs. Top defenders eaten alive by media and fans for literally shitting the bed.

Travesty you all buy into this. Travesty of hockey and travesty of intelligence.

you have to draft some ******* defense men. Just some. You did not. Just a complete joke.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SJS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
16$75,000,000$52,657,500$2,550,000$3,700,000$22,342,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 28, 2018 at 12:50 p.m.
TML On The Rise!
So what you are saying is..........you aren't a fan? squinty smile

*ducks*
May 28, 2018 at 12:57 p.m.
bjprice
Edited May 28, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
Quoting: Laynious
So what you are saying is..........you aren't a fan? squinty smile

*ducks*

Leafs are my 3rd team behind STL and BUF.

I’m just tired of the vigorous masturabtory congratulations of “the plan” when they involve literally no defense, and the reasonable fan reposnse for trading likeable wingers for defense, when the team should have, for example, drafted Werenski over Marner.

I get the Marner love, or the Nylander love, but you can’t win with 2 2nd paring dmen playing 1st pairing - and you should have picked a damn in either of those slots (or others).

Best of luck, I’m literally rooting for you until you play STL or BUF, but u til you do, it’s a joke of a plan, it’s literally “how do we lose but still sell tickets” plan.
May 28, 2018 at 12:58 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Toronto fan here. I had never laughed so hard this month so thank you for that ??? be patient man. You are in yr3 of 5 of rebuild. Just wait
May 28, 2018 at 1:09 p.m.
Banned
giphy.gif
May 28, 2018 at 1:11 p.m.
TML On The Rise!
Quoting: bjprice
Leafs are my 3rd team behind STL and BUF.

I’m just tired of the vigorous masturabtory congratulations of “the plan” when they involve literally no defense, and the reasonable fan reposnse for trading likeable wingers for defense, when the team should have, for example, drafted Werenski over Marner.

I get the Marner love, or the Nylander love, but you can’t win with 2 2nd paring dmen plating 1st pairing - and you should have picked a damn in either of those slots (or others).

Best of luck, I’m literally rooting for you until you play STO or BUF, but u til you do, it’s a joke of a plan, it’s literally “how do we lose but still sell tickets” plan.

I'd have to disagree with you on that one. When they picked Marner they had no offensive threat in the pipeline (save for Nylander). Yes there are a lot of good D out of that 2015 draft and yes they could have had Werenski, Provorov or Hanifin, but consider that Rielly was 21 at the time and considered an elite D prospect. He still is. And how do you predict that you will drafting 1st overall the next year to get Matthews? You don't. So you make the best decisions you can at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Leafs also just put up their FRANCHISE record in points for a season this year (not exactly losing). So I find your "rage rant" nothing more then what ever other non-leaf fan (or in your case not your favourite) does when the Leafs have a bit of success and that is to attempt to discredit without basis. Yes some Leaf fans are whacko (but please tell me of a fan base that doesn't have them) and the media is most definitely hard on them when they are losing. But the passion for this team is undeniable. The future of this franchise has never looked better and I for one am firmly behind the Shanaplan.
May 28, 2018 at 1:38 p.m.
bjprice
Edited May 28, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
I'd have to disagree with you on that one. When they picked Marner they had no offensive threat in the pipeline (save for Nylander). Yes there are a lot of good D out of that 2015 draft and yes they could have had Werenski, Provorov or Hanifin, but consider that Rielly was 21 at the time and considered an elite D prospect. He still is. And how do you predict that you will drafting 1st overall the next year to get Matthews? You don't. So you make the best decisions you can at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Leafs also just put up their FRANCHISE record in points for a season this year (not exactly losing). So I find your "rage rant" nothing more then what ever other non-leaf fan (or in your case not your favourite) does when the Leafs have a bit of success and that is to attempt to discredit without basis. Yes some Leaf fans are whacko (but please tell me of a fan base that doesn't have them) and the media is most definitely hard on them when they are losing. But the passion for this team is undeniable. The future of this franchise has never looked better and I for one am firmly behind the Shanaplan.

Please look at the % of 1st or 2nd round picks that went D over the past decade. There’s a giant stretch in there that directly correlates to your current team.

Then compare that result to any successful franchise.

Leafs are sub 20%...teams like TBL, BOS, any many other power houses are at or above 40%.

You cannot win long term in this league without defense, and “the plan” has completely ignored it to the point t that fans are calling to trade the few defenseman of quality you have. They were exposed because Toronto does NOT have a viable top 4. You have two top 4 skaters in top 2 roles, and that is because you drafted nearly no D for a good 5-year span.

The “plan” sells tickets. Flashy offense is fun. Winning reg season is fun. You have no hope at competitive hockey with “the plan”. Should have drafted at least 2x the D in 1st and second rounds.

Google the draft results...

Your team has drafted the least % of D out of any team in a 7 year stretch in the first 2 rounds, yet so many fans want to lynch the D. Rofl.

But you have Marner and Matthews and Nylander and all are in the HOF and you won’t win **** like that. You don’t need to go D first but you need to go D somewhat.

The “plan” fucked your team.

You had a full rebuild, you won a lottery and rebuilt half of a team. Now you want opposition to send you quality players for your scraps. Ain’t ******* happening.

The “plan” is a literal “how to not win a cup” “plan” that only Iooks marginally decent because you won a lottery.

If you literally didn’t win a lottery you’d be the doorstep of your division. Plan is a colossal joke.
May 28, 2018 at 1:48 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Don't know if. the author has even watched a Leaf game. 103 points, 12th in GAA, hardly a bad team or a bad defence. And again another fool that doesn't understand the structure of forward lines. Can't imagine why the the author says the Leafs have no # 2C. Matthews is good, and Kadri has been a 30 goal scorer two years in a row. Please don't be so misinformed as says a Kadri has to be classified as a 3C.

See author is from STL. If he's a Blues fan, he has seen how successful the Blues have been with a "name" and expensive defence. They haven't. Any well, a great troll or a completely misinformed writer of crap.
Laynious liked this.
May 28, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
bjprice
Quoting: palhal
Don't know if. the author has even watched a Leaf game. 103 points, 12th in GAA, hardly a bad team or a bad defence. And again another fool that doesn't understand the structure of forward lines. Can't imagine why the the author says the Leafs have no # 2C. Matthews is good, and Kadri has been a 30 goal scorer two years in a row. Please don't be so misinformed as says a Kadri has to be classified as a 3C.

See author is from STL. If he's a Blues fan, he has seen how successful the Blues have been with a "name" and expensive defence. They haven't. Any well, a great troll or a completely misinformed writer of crap.

Google your drafts the past 7 years DF.

You have selected the LEAST defenseman out of ALL teams.

Now you give up more goals in 1 round than the ******* cup finalist in all rounds combined.

And your media is scapegoating the **** out of the tiny defense you have and you dumbshit fans beat off to thoughts of “the plan”, literally the worst rebuild of the modern era.

Good luck swapping out elite offensive talent for subpar defensive talent. Sucks being the needy buyer. Nobody giving you a favor.
May 28, 2018 at 1:55 p.m.
bjprice
Quoting: palhal

Let’s build a team from the wings.

Said nobody ever.
May 28, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
TML On The Rise!
Please look at the % of 1st or 2nd round picks that went D over the past decade. There’s a giant stretch in there that directly correlates to your current team.

Then compare that result to any successful franchise.

Leafs are sub 20%...teams like TBL, BOS, any many other power houses are at or above 40%.

You cannot win long term in this league without defense, and “the plan” has completely ignored it to the point t that fans are calling to trade the few defenseman of quality you have. They were exposed because Toronto does NOT have a viable top 4. You have two top 4 skaters in top 2 roles, and that is because you drafted nearly no D for a good 5-year span.

The “plan” sells tickets. Flashy offense is fun. Winning reg season is fun. You have no hope at competitive hockey with “the plan”. Should have drafted at least 2x the D in 1st and second rounds.

Google the draft results...

Your team has drafted the least % of D out of any team in a 7 year stretch in the first 2 rounds, yet so many fans want to lynch the D. Rofl.

But you have Marner and Matthews and Nylander and all are in the HOF and you won’t win **** like that. You don’t need to go D first but you need to go D somewhat.

The “plan” fucked your team.

You had a full rebuild, you won a lottery and rebuilt half of a team. Now you want opposition to send you quality players for your scraps. Ain’t ******* happening.

The “plan” is a literal “how to not win a cup” “plan” that only Iooks marginally decent because you won a lottery.

STL has "ALL-WORLD" Defence. - Haven't won a thing
TB has Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev - Hasn't won a cup
Carolina has Hanifin, Slavvin, Faulk, Pesce - Can't make the post season
Winnipeg has Myers, Byfuglien, Trouba - Hasn't won a cup

etc etc

So Please explain to me in your "HAVE TO DRAFT D!!!!!!!!" psycho babble, are you even remotely correct? When drafting, it is about your team's philosophy. Best player or needs or wants. Leafs have Rielly, Gardiner (he's really good 95% of the time) Dermott is coming. So is Liljegren.

We'll be ok.
May 28, 2018 at 2:01 p.m.
bjprice
Edited May 28, 2018 at 2:14 p.m.
STL has "ALL-WORLD" Defence. - Haven't won a thing
TB has Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev - Hasn't won a cup
Carolina has Hanifin, Slavvin, Faulk, Pesce - Can't make the post season
Winnipeg has Myers, Byfuglien, Trouba - Hasn't won a cup

etc etc

So Please explain to me in your "HAVE TO DRAFT D!!!!!!!!" psycho babble, are you even remotely correct? When drafting, it is about your team's philosophy. Best player or needs or wants. Leafs have Rielly, Gardiner (he's really good 95% of the time) Dermott is coming. So is Liljegren.

We'll be ok.

Damn if only we could find the playoff results of the teams you’ve mentioned.

Or like, maybe if we just look at the number of D players (7) on the roster, the looked at the forwards (13), the had some way to determine the proportion of the team each accounted for....

And if we choose WAY less at one position, the other position is likely to suck.

And then when it sucks, maybe we could blame the drafting depth over the actual humans.

But when we don’t do that, we’re just making the few good things we have at that position super eager to GTFO.

If I were AM34 I couldn’t wait to get out of this shitshow. It’s a god damn circus where the lowest IQ reigns supreme.

Don’t draft defense, give up completely ridiculous goals against, then sit offensive players because defense sucks.

It’s like Down syndrome merry go round. Just make no sense but scream and it’s all ok.

That’s the plan in a nutshell.

And now your trusting this **** to a tool who thinks Drew Carey is his idol.

Enjoy the gutter.
May 28, 2018 at 2:09 p.m.
TML On The Rise!
Damn if only we could find the playoff results of the teams you’ve mentioned.

Or like, maybe if we just look at the number of players (7) on the roster, the looked at the forwards (13), the had some way to determine the proportion of the team each accounted for....

And if we choose WAY less at one position, the other position is likely to suck.

And then when it sucks, maybe we could blame the drafting depth over the actual humans.

But when we don’t do that, we’re just making the few good things we have at that position super eager to GTFO.

Sooooooo Carolina only drafting D is ok? Even though everyone is calling for them to trade one and get offensive talent.

There goes that theory eh?

So here's a fun question for ya.........Who do you think is better equipped going forward...... Toronto or Carolina? Toronto or St. Louis? Toronto or Winnipeg? Totonto or Tampa Bay?

The only two that will be as good if not better is Winnipeg and TB.

I believe you are raging for no reason here. Your argument is deeply flawed and there are many examples to prove it.

Just for fun..........How is the Vegas D lookin? Any superstars there?
May 28, 2018 at 2:47 p.m.
So Shanahan came on board in April 2014...hired Dubas in July I think, Hunter in October...Fired Nonis in April 2015 and hired Lou a few months later, after the 2015 draft. So he's overseen 4 drafts...3 of which with Hunter running the show, and 2 with the full management team in place.

2014: Nylander
2015: Marner
2016: Matthews
2017: Liljegren

If you look at the 2014 draft, there isn't a defender taken anywhere near Nylander that you would trade for right now

2015 saw Hanifin, Provorov and Werenski all taken shortly after Marner. And while it would be nice to have any one of those guys in the lineup...do you think maybe 2 years is not a lot of time to determine who will have the better career?

2016 was a foregone conclusion with Matthews, and 2017 they drafted RHD.

According to you, however, the Shanaplan is a disaster because we need to assess the last 10-20 years of drafting.

I agree the home grown talent on defence has been scarce over the years...but if the point your point is that the 'Shanaplan' is a joke because of their recent 1st round picks...I think you're completely out to lunch.
May 28, 2018 at 4:56 p.m.
bjprice
Quoting: Juice
So Shanahan came on board in April 2014...hired Dubas in July I think, Hunter in October...Fired Nonis in April 2015 and hired Lou a few months later, after the 2015 draft. So he's overseen 4 drafts...3 of which with Hunter running the show, and 2 with the full management team in place.

2014: Nylander
2015: Marner
2016: Matthews
2017: Liljegren

If you look at the 2014 draft, there isn't a defender taken anywhere near Nylander that you would trade for right now

2015 saw Hanifin, Provorov and Werenski all taken shortly after Marner. And while it would be nice to have any one of those guys in the lineup...do you think maybe 2 years is not a lot of time to determine who will have the better career?

2016 was a foregone conclusion with Matthews, and 2017 they drafted RHD.

According to you, however, the Shanaplan is a disaster because we need to assess the last 10-20 years of drafting.

I agree the home grown talent on defence has been scarce over the years...but if the point your point is that the 'Shanaplan' is a joke because of their recent 1st round picks...I think you're completely out to lunch.

Go look @ the 2nd round.

This ain’t me sniping your 1st round choices that sometimes were locked in.

It’s bad draft mgmt and bad team mgmt.
May 28, 2018 at 5:18 p.m.
Lol someone didn't get their daily dose today! laugh
May 28, 2018 at 6:05 p.m.
bjprice
Quoting: F50marco
Lol someone didn't get their daily dose today! laugh

Dose of Theeeee Plaaaaan
May 28, 2018 at 10:37 p.m.
Analytics are good
Dose of Theeeee Plaaaaan

Dude, you're a Sabres and Blues fan, you have no credibility at all
May 29, 2018 at 8:54 a.m.
Go look @ the 2nd round.

This ain’t me sniping your 1st round choices that sometimes were locked in.

It’s bad draft mgmt and bad team mgmt.

haha..wow..ok.

So typically defencemen take a few years to develop. Sometimes the guys taken at the very top of the draft are ready right away....but your latest attempt at salvaging your argument is to tell me to look at his 2nd round pick....ok...have you tried actually looking at facts before spewing random thoughts?

2nd Round Picks under Shanahan:
2014: Valiev - D
2015: Dermott - D and current roster player
2016: Korshkov - RW
2017: Rasanen - D

anything else?
May 31, 2018 at 11:55 p.m.
bjprice
haha..wow..ok.

So typically defencemen take a few years to develop. Sometimes the guys taken at the very top of the draft are ready right away....but your latest attempt at salvaging your argument is to tell me to look at his 2nd round pick....ok...have you tried actually looking at facts before spewing random thoughts?

anything else?

Go compare your 1st and 2nd round results from 2013 to today to the rest of the league

And then try to type something.
May 31, 2018 at 11:57 p.m.
bjprice
haha..wow..ok.

anything else?

Spoiler alert

Despite having a nominal amount of selections, you elected to take nearly 80/20 o+g / d split.

Now raging at your shitty d and trying to trade young wing for d.

Like im some cancer and your plan is majestic.

Rofl.
May 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
bjprice
Quoting: PenGoater99
Dude, you're a Sabres and Blues fan, you have no credibility at all

I know what jaded fan looks like.

I have ******* years and years and years and years and years of experience *****.
Jun. 1, 2018 at 9:11 a.m.
Spoiler alert

Despite having a nominal amount of selections, you elected to take nearly 80/20 o+g / d split.

Rofl.

Spoiler alert

Rofl.

*clap, clap, clap*

Can we get a round of applause for this guy?

Obviously if the leafs drafted more D men in rounds 3-7 we’d surely have found a stud by now.

Third time you’re charging your argument and still come up cottony soft.

First off, the Leafs’ D isn’t as atrocious as you claim. Not great, but ranked 13th.

You want to look at track record of the first two rounds? Really? We have one of the best young offences in the game with those picks + Dermott and Liljegren who, without stretching the truth, are legit potential top 4 d-men.

You want to look outside the first two rounds? You go back and find me an impact d-man drafted in rounds 3-7 playing today. Spoiler alert....there isn’t one.

Now you want to hate on fans looking to deal from a position of strength to fill a hole in D?

You want to hate on the ‘Shanaplan’ but in 4 years took a perennial non-playoff team with nothing exciting in the pipeline to a playoff squad deep with young talent.

This team is built from the wings? This team was built strong up the middle and in net. Ignoring the fact that Nylander was drafted as a C and likely to be groomed there slowly.

Know that part about defence taking longer to develop? Ever think success came a little earlier than expected for the team and now some of the D is the system are either not ready (or never will be).

When Shanahan came on board, we had very few prospects in the system and a team of selfish, overpaid veterans. There were holes up and down the roster at every position. So the philosophy of ‘drafting the best player available’ was a smart one to go with. Now that success is ahead of schedule, they’re trying to catch up on defence.

Look. I get it if you’re annoyed by all the Toronto ACGM teams that almost always have us trading winger for D. You’re entitled to those feelings. But to lash out and blame poor management is simply wrong.
Jun. 1, 2018 at 1:43 p.m.
bjprice
Edited Jun. 1, 2018 at 1:55 p.m.
*clap, clap, clap*

Can we get a round of applause for this guy?

Obviously if the leafs drafted more D men in rounds 3-7 we’d surely have found a stud by now.

Third time you’re charging your argument and still come up cottony soft.

First off, the Leafs’ D isn’t as atrocious as you claim. Not great, but ranked 13th.

You want to look at track record of the first two rounds? Really? We have one of the best young offences in the game with those picks + Dermott and Liljegren who, without stretching the truth, are legit potential top 4 d-men.

You want to look outside the first two rounds? You go back and find me an impact d-man drafted in rounds 3-7 playing today. Spoiler alert....there isn’t one.

Now you want to hate on fans looking to deal from a position of strength to fill a hole in D?

You want to hate on the ‘Shanaplan’ but in 4 years took a perennial non-playoff team with nothing exciting in the pipeline to a playoff squad deep with young talent.

This team is built from the wings? This team was built strong up the middle and in net. Ignoring the fact that Nylander was drafted as a C and likely to be groomed there slowly.

Know that part about defence taking longer to develop? Ever think success came a little earlier than expected for the team and now some of the D is the system are either not ready (or never will be).

When Shanahan came on board, we had very few prospects in the system and a team of selfish, overpaid veterans. There were holes up and down the roster at every position. So the philosophy of ‘drafting the best player available’ was a smart one to go with. Now that success is ahead of schedule, they’re trying to catch up on defence.

Look. I get it if you’re annoyed by all the Toronto ACGM teams that almost always have us trading winger for D. You’re entitled to those feelings. But to lash out and blame poor management is simply wrong.

You want an argument?

Fault me:

Toronto has drafted league leading proportionately low number of defenseman in the first 3 rounds since 2012 when Morgan Rielly and Matt Finn were selected.

Now many Toronto fans and media members are bashing the team's defense, rightfully so as the results show. Problem is, you can't have defense if you don't pick them.

In 2013 you selected 0 d in rounds 1, 2 and 3. 3 picks, all fowards
In 2014 you selected a d in round 2, 1 d, 2 forwards
In 2015 you selected a d in round 2, 1 d, 2 fowards
In 2016 you selected 0 d in rounds 1, 2, and 3. 3 picks, all forwards.

That's 10 forwards, 2d, 0 1st round d, in a 4 year span where you had all of your picks.

Compare that to TBL:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00008385.html

Compare that to WSH

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00008871.html

Compare that to PITT

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007475.html

Compare that to STL

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00008187.html

Compare that to (it doesnt ******* matter)

But go look at the teams that are actually rebuilding that will actually dominate: Philly, Anahiem, its like talking to a wall with you ******* morons.

The Shanaplan is literally garbage if you did not win a lottery.

Its a joke.

Without a lottery you have a rager in Kadri at 1C and literally no defense with some flimsy 1-way wingers. Its downs hockey. Its designed to make you think its going to work so you buy jerseys and pay more to go to a game. But its crap come playoffs, and will be crap come playoffs. Such a travesty really for what I consider the hockey capital of the world to be run by such dumbfucks and you all eat it up like its crack. If I had a dollar for every time Marner was literally run down on the boards and the puck went the other way I'd ******* retire today. Every team needs soft, creative scoring wingers, but you better have some semblance of defense behind them and Toronto has none.

You just type Shanaplan because you can score goals in the regular season. Meanwhile your 1RHD is nearly crying at exit interviews and your 1C needs to be coddled by the coach in the off season.

A plan is something you think about and do. This is just a way to extract your money.

Worst part for you? Somebody's going to get Nylander on the cheap, put him at center, and hes going to William Karlsson the league, and you will be stuck with an Adam Larsson = not a 1, but a good 2. And you'll have older Patrick Marleau moving up in the line-up. Seems like a winning "plan".

Good luck with that. Sorry about how much money they're extracting from you.
Jun. 1, 2018 at 1:53 p.m.
You want an argument?

Fault me:

Toronto has drafted league leading proportionately low number of defenseman in the first 3 rounds since 2012 when Morgan Rielly and Matt Finn were selected.

Now many Toronto fans and media members are bashing the team's defense, rightfully so as the results show. Problem is, you can't have defense if you don't pick them.

That's 10 forwards, 2d, 0 1st round d, in a 4 year span where you had all of your picks.

Compare that to TBL:

Compare that to WSH

Compare that to PITT

Compare that to STL

But go look at the teams that are actually rebuilding that will actually dominate: Philly, Anahiem, its like talking to a wall with you ******* morons.

Its a joke.

Without a lottery you have a rager in Kadri at 1C and literally no defense with some flimsy 1-way wingers. Its downs hockey. Its designed to make you think its going to work so you buy jerseys and pay more to go to a game. But its crap come playoffs, and will be crap come playoffs. Such a travesty really for what I consider the hockey capital of the world to be run by such dumbfucks and you all eat it up like its crack.

Worst part for you? Somebody's going to get Nylander on the cheap, put him at center, and hes going to William Karlsson the league, and you will be stuck with an Adam Larsson = not a 1, but a good 2.

Good luck with that.

hahahaha...you're honestly the best...I look forward so much to your responses....each time you come back and review drafts further and further away from when Shanahan actually joined the team. Now we're in 2012...ok...great work

Look at the teams you just highlighted for me and ask youself the same f***ing question....where would they be without their #1 lottery pick???? Only team you listed that hasn't had one recently is St. Louis and they are still trying to get their sh*t together too.
Jun. 1, 2018 at 2:06 p.m.
You want an argument?

Fault me:

Compare that to TBL:

Compare that to WSH

Compare that to PITT

Compare that to STL

Its a joke.

Without a lottery you have a rager in Kadri at 1C and literally no defense with some flimsy 1-way wingers. Its downs hockey. Its designed to make you think its going to work so you buy jerseys and pay more to go to a game. But its crap come playoffs, and will be crap come playoffs. Such a travesty really for what I consider the hockey capital of the world to be run by such dumbfucks and you all eat it up like its crack. If I had a dollar for every time Marner was literally run down on the boards and the puck went the other way I'd ******* retire today. Every team needs soft, creative scoring wingers, but you better have some semblance of defense behind them and Toronto has none.

You just type Shanaplan because you can score goals in the regular season. Meanwhile your 1RHD is nearly crying at exit interviews and your 1C needs to be coddled by the coach in the off season.

A plan is something you think about and do. This is just a way to extract your money.

Worst part for you? Somebody's going to get Nylander on the cheap, put him at center, and hes going to William Karlsson the league, and you will be stuck with an Adam Larsson = not a 1, but a good 2. And you'll have older Patrick Marleau moving up in the line-up. Seems like a winning "plan".

Good luck with that. Sorry about how much money they're extracting from you.

It's ignorance like yours that likes to sit back after the fact and use 20-20 hindsight to tell others what a sh*t job they've done. I'm sure if Philly and Anaheim fail to dominate like you are stating (not predicting...but stating), you'll be back on here saying you were wrong.

No one here is saying that Shanahan needs a statue built for the awesome job he's done....but your arguments for him being trash are a joke.

For the record, no apologies needed..I haven't paid to attend a leaf game in about 10 years. Any food/beverage purchases get expensed... and I've been wearing the same Dougie Gilmour jersey for the same amount of time that I have no intentions of ever replacing. It replaced a kids size Felix Potvin jersey....so ya...I've been around the block for a while too.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll