LW
    UFA - 4
    $6,375,000$6,375,000
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 5
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $705,000$705,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,300,000$4,300,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 3
    $950,000$950,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $875,000$875,000
    C
    UFA
    $850,000$850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,375,000$3,375,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $4,250,000$4,250,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $4,650,400$4,650,400
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,857,143$3,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $755,833$755,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $975,000$975,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 30, 2018 at 6:03 p.m.
    Hmmmm this is somewhat new Reinhart going to Calgary.

I have zero interest in trading Sam but this deal has my curiosity raised.....

I would counter with.....

Bennett
    Kylington
    Gawdin or Dube
    2020 2nd Round pick
    GMTD liked this.
    May 30, 2018 at 6:05 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: wagsnags

Bennett
    Kylington
    Gawdin or Dube
    2020 2nd Round pick

I don't think managers would see the value in Gawdin that fans see, he is an over age WHL player who may turn into nothing, Dube would be the piece you want if you are increasing value. Gawdin's would be less than Kylington in my mind.
    Banana_Hamonic liked this.
    May 30, 2018 at 6:08 p.m.
    I doubt Buffalo says yes. On Calgary's side, I would't trade 3 young players and a pick for a young player. Also Bennett still plays well despite not producing so why not keep him in the bottom 6 with Janko for at least one more season? I'd trade Ferland rather than Bennett, Ferland's value is higher even though I think Bennett will be the better player.
    May 30, 2018 at 6:09 p.m.
    Quoting: SmugTkachuk
    I don't think managers would see the value in Gawdin that fans see, he is an over age WHL player who may turn into nothing, Dube would be the piece you want if you are increasing value. Gawdin's would be less than Kylington in my mind.

I appreciate the information as I do not know the Flames minor system all that well!!!!!
    SmugTkachuk liked this.
    May 30, 2018 at 6:48 p.m.
    Eichel Tower
    Quoting: wagsnags

Bennett
    Kylington
    Gawdin or Dube
    2020 2nd Round pick

Bennett, Kylington, Dube & 2020 2nd is very intriguing. If the change of scenery could get Bennett to revive his game, Buffalo would win this trade easily. All trades are a gamble, I would make the trade you suggested.
    May 30, 2018 at 6:56 p.m.
    CGY shouldn't pay Kylington and Dube on top of Bennett to get Reinhart. I'm a big, big Dube fan for the long-term.

How about Klimchuk instead of Gawdin/Dube?

And if that went through, I would be very quick to put Reinhart with Tkachuk/Backlund.
    May 30, 2018 at 7:21 p.m.
    Quoting: Vanderm
    CGY shouldn't pay Kylington and Dube on top of Bennett to get Reinhart. I'm a big, big Dube fan for the long-term.

How about Klimchuk instead of Gawdin/Dube?

And if that went through, I would be very quick to put Reinhart with Tkachuk/Backlund.

I would put Klimchuk in the deal instead of Dube.
    May 30, 2018 at 7:32 p.m.
    Quoting: Banana_Hamonic
    I doubt Buffalo says yes. On Calgary's side, I would't trade 3 young players and a pick for a young player. Also Bennett still plays well despite not producing so why not keep him in the bottom 6 with Janko for at least one more season? I'd trade Ferland rather than Bennett, Ferland's value is higher even though I think Bennett will be the better player.

Idk I like what Ferland brings to the team and i agree that Fernies value is probs higher then Bennett's by a small margin but I think Bennett would be better for Buff to get in return on the chance they trade O'Reilly he could potentially be his future replacement.
    Banana_Hamonic liked this.
    May 31, 2018 at 1:03 a.m.
    Quoting: GMTD
    Bennett, Kylington, Dube & 2020 2nd is very intriguing. If the change of scenery could get Bennett to revive his game, Buffalo would win this trade easily. All trades are a gamble, I would make the trade you suggested.

The original trade for Reinhart was MASSIVE overpayment, and this is even worse. How about Bennett for Reinhart, and I'd be reluctant to do that one either. These trade proposals throw in players and picks as if they are worthless. That's how teams get and stay competitive, its their pipelines to the future. Reinhart hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire, and for a few extra points you lose massive speed, aggresive competitiveness and better defensive play that comes with Bennett. And that's before even considering the other "throw-ins". No thanks!
    GMTD and Banana_Hamonic liked this.
    May 31, 2018 at 7:36 a.m.
    Eichel Tower
    Quoting: cberg
    The original trade for Reinhart was MASSIVE overpayment, and this is even worse. How about Bennett for Reinhart, and I'd be reluctant to do that one either. These trade proposals throw in players and picks as if they are worthless. That's how teams get and stay competitive, its their pipelines to the future. Reinhart hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire, and for a few extra points you lose massive speed, aggresive competitiveness and better defensive play that comes with Bennett. And that's before even considering the other "throw-ins". No thanks!

Thank you very much, I do not get to see Bennett play but a couple times a year. I welcome a comment that knows his talents and knew that the trade favored Buffalo, as I said, Buffalo would win that trade easily.
    May 31, 2018 at 10:04 a.m.
    Thank you very much, I do not get to see Bennett play but a couple times a year. I welcome a comment that knows his talents and knew that the trade favored Buffalo, as I said, Buffalo would win that trade easily.

No problems. Hey, the reason why you see so many Calgary proposed trades with Buffalo is because the Flames are in dire need of at least 1, "elite-level" right shot RW/C, and Buffalo has at least two in Reinhart and O'Reilly. From out here we read O'Reilly's comments ands see his salary and it seems he might be available, and we also read that Reinhart has been, let's say "sporadic" so also might be available. Frankly I'm not sure what Buffalo needs, probably a focus on D except with the coming draft that will be largely reduced. Calgary has an excess of top-level, and solid D, with 5 more D-from pretty solid to potentially game changers-pushing from below without a clear path to the NHL. They could possibly hold them down in the AHL another year but honestly a couple were ready last year and we might lose one this year already.
    May 31, 2018 at 10:18 a.m.
    Eichel Tower
    No problems. Hey, the reason why you see so many Calgary proposed trades with Buffalo is because the Flames are in dire need of at least 1, "elite-level" right shot RW/C, and Buffalo has at least two in Reinhart and O'Reilly. From out here we read O'Reilly's comments ands see his salary and it seems he might be available, and we also read that Reinhart has been, let's say "sporadic" so also might be available. Frankly I'm not sure what Buffalo needs, probably a focus on D except with the coming draft that will be largely reduced. Calgary has an excess of top-level, and solid D, with 5 more D-from pretty solid to potentially game changers-pushing from below without a clear path to the NHL. They could possibly hold them down in the AHL another year but honestly a couple were ready last year and we might lose one this year already.

Thank you very much, I enjoy these conversations. I am in a minority of Buffalo CF GM's, I want a fair trade to move O'Reilly, every one else will only move him for a gross over payment. I know Hamilton is untouchable, but I presume Brodie is available. I believe O'Reilly is better than Brodie, if you feel the same, could you put together a trade that include O'Reilly and Brodie.
    May 31, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.
    Thank you very much, I enjoy these conversations. I am in a minority of Buffalo CF GM's, I want a fair trade to move O'Reilly, every one else will only move him for a gross over payment. I know Hamilton is untouchable, but I presume Brodie is available. I believe O'Reilly is better than Brodie, if you feel the same, could you put together a trade that include O'Reilly and Brodie.

The Flames would like O'Reilly because he's a top notch C, physical and a great face-off guy. The down-sides are he's a LHS (left shot) and his salary would put him above all Flames. There is also perhaps a small concern that he is difficult to deal with, reflected in his dealings first with Colorado and recently comments in Buffalo.

In previous iterations on CF, I had proposed a straight up swap of Backlund for O'Reilly. They are different guys, with Backlund slightly less offensively minded but an elite NHL shutdown C who across the board makes his line mates better while shutting down the oppositions' best night after night. He can also score but not to the same level as ROR, and just signed a Cap-friendly 6 year extension, which would mean about a ~$2mm/year savings for Buffalo. This would not be cheered in Calgary but would make the Flames tougher and better at face-offs. Its a trade-off gamble.

As far as ROR for a D, any of Hamonic, Brodie or Hamilton would probably be available if the return was right. Hamonic and Hamilton were obtained for a mid-level/early 1st & 2x 2nds, each and Brodie is home-grown. Hamonic is the toughest and perhaps the best pure defender, Brodie is super fast and Hamilton the best shooter and best all-around pure talent, as well as being the youngest. All three have played very well on top pairings, with Brodie and Hamilton garnering votes for NHL Top D. They are all on very good contracts, with Brodie and Hamonic on great value deals. Both Brodie and Hamonic are dealing with personal, family-related health issues which is probably impacting their play the last season or two, however all can play 20+ minutes a night, and 3 years ago after Giordano went down with an injury with 25-30 games remaining Brodie stepped up in a big way and helped carry the team right into the second round.

So, which one do you want? Since ROR is in the upper tier of NHL Cs the Flames might be willing to consider a straight across deal, even though Top 4 D are usually valued more highly, and Top 2 D even more so. And, as I said earlier, he's not right hand shot so its not an ideal fit.
    May 31, 2018 at 3:11 p.m.
    Eichel Tower
    The Flames would like O'Reilly because he's a top notch C, physical and a great face-off guy. The down-sides are he's a LHS (left shot) and his salary would put him above all Flames. There is also perhaps a small concern that he is difficult to deal with, reflected in his dealings first with Colorado and recently comments in Buffalo.

In previous iterations on CF, I had proposed a straight up swap of Backlund for O'Reilly. They are different guys, with Backlund slightly less offensively minded but an elite NHL shutdown C who across the board makes his line mates better while shutting down the oppositions' best night after night. He can also score but not to the same level as ROR, and just signed a Cap-friendly 6 year extension, which would mean about a ~$2mm/year savings for Buffalo. This would not be cheered in Calgary but would make the Flames tougher and better at face-offs. Its a trade-off gamble.

As far as ROR for a D, any of Hamonic, Brodie or Hamilton would probably be available if the return was right. Hamonic and Hamilton were obtained for a mid-level/early 1st & 2x 2nds, each and Brodie is home-grown. Hamonic is the toughest and perhaps the best pure defender, Brodie is super fast and Hamilton the best shooter and best all-around pure talent, as well as being the youngest. All three have played very well on top pairings, with Brodie and Hamilton garnering votes for NHL Top D. They are all on very good contracts, with Brodie and Hamonic on great value deals. Both Brodie and Hamonic are dealing with personal, family-related health issues which is probably impacting their play the last season or two, however all can play 20+ minutes a night, and 3 years ago after Giordano went down with an injury with 25-30 games remaining Brodie stepped up in a big way and helped carry the team right into the second round.

So, which one do you want? Since ROR is in the upper tier of NHL Cs the Flames might be willing to consider a straight across deal, even though Top 4 D are usually valued more highly, and Top 2 D even more so. And, as I said earlier, he's not right hand shot so its not an ideal fit.

Again you have to remember, I just want him moved for a fair price. Other Sabre CF GM's will want the sky. If I could get Hamilton, I would add 2019 1st or Nylander. I think I am getting the better part of that deal if I can have Hamilton, remember tickets are really hard to get so I would imagine Botterill would have to pay a premium to see Hamilton.
    May 31, 2018 at 5:07 p.m.
    Again you have to remember, I just want him moved for a fair price. Other Sabre CF GM's will want the sky. If I could get Hamilton, I would add 2019 1st or Nylander. I think I am getting the better part of that deal if I can have Hamilton, remember tickets are really hard to get so I would imagine Botterill would have to pay a premium to see Hamilton.

Not sure since I don't know your prospects. Perhaps ROR & Flame's choice between Nylander/Cliff Pu/2019 1st?
    May 31, 2018 at 5:15 p.m.
    Eichel Tower
    Not sure since I don't know your prospects. Perhaps ROR & Flame's choice between Nylander/Cliff Pu/2019 1st?

For Hamilton? I would do it, can you imagine Hamilton with Dahlin, Ristolainen, Bogosian, Scandella and McCabe. Wow
    May 31, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
    For Hamilton? I would do it, can you imagine Hamilton with Dahlin, Ristolainen, Bogosian, Scandella and McCabe. Wow

Yup, it looks pretty juicy. In the same vein Calgary's C depth of Monahan, ROR, Backlund and Jankowski looks pretty juicy too. For any of these big name guys its a huge risk for both GMs due to the potential huge impact on their teams. The PKSubban for Weber trade wasn't to that extreme because they were similar players at the same position, but a Forward for a D is way different and hard to judge. When the Seth Jones for Johanson deal went down it was a huge risk too, fortunately Nashville had an excess of D and Columbus really got hurt, at least till they replenished their C depth. Trading Hamilton from the Flames is only a good deal for them if one of their prospect D comes in and establishes themselves in the Top4 D, like Anderson, or Fox a couple years down the road, or Valimaki at LD with Brodie switching back to his favoured RD position with Giordano.
    GMTD liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll