Apr. 25, 2019 at 7:41 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap
Here lies Max's grave and thyself -------> |_________|

“Look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else.” - Tom Stoppard

I’m dead?
Apr. 25, 2019 at 10:54 p.m.
alwaysnextyear
Hey BOG, a question;

Can I trade a player right after I’ve signed him with my one early UFA extension?
Apr. 25, 2019 at 11:22 p.m.
Go Habs Go
You can use your one UFA signing as a sign and trade, yes. Regular free agents have to be kept until Jan or a full year, can't remember which.
Apr. 26, 2019 at 12:49 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: ricochetii
You can use your one UFA signing as a sign and trade, yes. Regular free agents have to be kept until Jan or a full year, can't remember which.

We couldn't do sign-and-trades last season. If we can do so this season though, that's awesome.

And thanks to an old amendment from yours truly, you must wait only until November to trade a guy you've just signed.
ricochetii liked this.
Apr. 26, 2019 at 7:21 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Icegirl
We couldn't do sign-and-trades last season. If we can do so this season though, that's awesome.

And thanks to an old amendment from yours truly, you must wait only until November to trade a guy you've just signed.

@alwaysnextyear

Hmm. I might be mis-remembering but I thought this question came up about a month ago.
Apr. 26, 2019 at 7:31 a.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
Hey BOG, a question;

Can I trade a player right after I’ve signed him with my one early UFA extension?

Per the rules Doc

Unrestricted Free Agency
Will Be Updated Later

Any UFA that is signed/extended can't be traded until the following calendar year (Jan 1st).

However, we they did change the timing to Nov as Kayla mentioned
Apr. 28, 2019 at 1:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
When can we vote on round 3 of the playoffs?
Apr. 28, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
When can we vote on round 3 of the playoffs?

Opens tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Probably run it from Monday thru Friday.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 28, 2019 at 3:02 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: A_K
Opens tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Probably run it from Monday thru Friday.

Is that going to keep us on track with the schedule of events?
Or will everything get pushed back by a few days since round 3 won't conclude now until May 3rd.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NZiWKBXuErAxWGzhJRHEQawTHS5K1KljvCqCUI7CU1w/edit#gid=0
Apr. 28, 2019 at 3:12 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: flamesfan419
Is that going to keep us on track with the schedule of events?
Or will everything get pushed back by a few days since round 3 won't conclude now until May 3rd.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NZiWKBXuErAxWGzhJRHEQawTHS5K1KljvCqCUI7CU1w/edit#gid=0

I think mon-fri for conference finals voting and then fri-wed for SCF voting will get us back on track.
flamesfan419 liked this.
Apr. 28, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I posted in the twitter thread at the time about the COL 5th. Is there an easy way to find that in the chat? (Twitter newbie)

I confirmed that COL pick was given to MTL long before STL, by way of NSH.

I'm also aware of how annoying it is to track down picks and resolve issues from V1. I'll see if I can lend a hand when I have time. Mind linking me to the board and listing the picks you're having difficulty with?
Apr. 28, 2019 at 9:42 p.m.
I posted in the twitter thread at the time about the COL 5th. Is there an easy way to find that in the chat? (Twitter newbie)

I'm also aware of how annoying it is to track down picks and resolve issues from V1. I'll see if I can lend a hand when I have time. Mind linking me to the board and listing the picks you're having difficulty with?

DMs
ricochetii liked this.
Apr. 28, 2019 at 9:42 p.m.

It's in the Important News thread. All picks with blank squares are in limbo
ricochetii liked this.
Apr. 28, 2019 at 10:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I believe I still own my 2019 6th. But it shows it as belonging to Florida on the draft board.
Apr. 28, 2019 at 10:27 p.m.
I believe I still own my 2019 6th. But it shows it as belonging to Florida on the draft board.

I will look into this. Thanks for letting us know.
Apr. 28, 2019 at 10:32 p.m.

So it looks like you traded it to Booth at the draft for his 2018 6th, then your 2019 6th was traded to FLA.
Apr. 29, 2019 at 1:01 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
So it looks like you traded it to Booth at the draft for his 2018 6th, then your 2019 6th was traded to FLA.

So, Florida has it then?
Apr. 29, 2019 at 8:42 a.m.
So, Florida has it then?

Yes
Apr. 29, 2019 at 10:37 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Yes

Okay, sorry if i've created any confusion. Something must've happened with a real life trade or maybe I just did something wrong.
Apr. 29, 2019 at 12:27 p.m.
Okay, sorry if i've created any confusion. Something must've happened with a real life trade or maybe I just did something wrong.

No confusion man, no worries.
May 4, 2019 at 7:07 p.m.
get ur corsi up
We talked about this on Twitter but I wanted to bring it forward here to get everyone's thoughts.

Ever since the "glory" days of V1 where you couldn't go more than 40 minutes without someone offering you a trade, the game has observably dropped to a level I'd even call boring at times. The "4 trades per month" cap was imposed to keep teams realistic and in theory made a lot of sense. But looking at the current V2 and V3 rosters I think it is abundantly clear that the "trade cap" has not done nothing to promote realism, as it has only delayed it and in the process just made the game a whole lot more boring and has actually harmed activity among GM's across the board.

I want to propose an alternative to the trade cap: a "core". A the start of the game, each team would submit a list of maybe 4 or 5 players that would become their teams "core" (ex: Tavares, Marner, Matthews, Rielly, and Andersen), these players would be permanently untouchable and the BOG would need to approve every teams core to prevent people from being stupid. In order to keep blockbusters around, teams should still be allowed to move their core players but only if an opposing team's core player is apart of the return. In all, a team would need to keep a certain number of core players at all times, for examples, as New Jersey one of my core players could be Taylor Hall, and if let's say Toronto had Auston Matthews as one, I could then trade Hall+ for Matthews as both teams lose and gain a core players, thus maintaining the set number of "core players" on their team.

Just proposing this, because I really think the trade cap has done nothing to help the game, and has actually caused harm. Of course, their may be other options out their to better the game other than mine, but I'm posting this just to generate some discussion.

Thoughts?
May 4, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: Daryl
We talked about this on Twitter but I wanted to bring it forward here to get everyone's thoughts.

Ever since the "glory" days of V1 where you couldn't go more than 40 minutes without someone offering you a trade, the game has observably dropped to a level I'd even call boring at times. The "4 trades per month" cap was imposed to keep teams realistic and in theory made a lot of sense. But looking at the current V2 and V3 rosters I think it is abundantly clear that the "trade cap" has not done nothing to promote realism, as it has only delayed it and in the process just made the game a whole lot more boring and has actually harmed activity among GM's across the board.

I want to propose an alternative to the trade cap: a "core". A the start of the game, each team would submit a list of maybe 4 or 5 players that would become their teams "core" (ex: Tavares, Marner, Matthews, Rielly, and Andersen), these players would be permanently untouchable and the BOG would need to approve every teams core to prevent people from being stupid. In order to keep blockbusters around, teams should still be allowed to move their core players but only if an opposing team's core player is apart of the return. In all, a team would need to keep a certain number of core players at all times, for examples, as New Jersey one of my core players could be Taylor Hall, and if let's say Toronto had Auston Matthews as one, I could then trade Hall+ for Matthews as both teams lose and gain a core players, thus maintaining the set number of "core players" on their team.

Just proposing this, because I really think the trade cap has done nothing to help the game, and has actually caused harm. Of course, their may be other options out their to better the game other than mine, but I'm posting this just to generate some discussion.

Thoughts?

When I brought this up in v3, @Bo53Horvat called me an idiot lmao
May 4, 2019 at 8:09 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Gronk
When I brought this up in v3, @Bo53Horvat called me an idiot lmao

When I brought this up... oh wait I didn't.

Honestly, not a whole fan of the core can't be moved for another core piece.
But I like the idea of core players and no trade limits.
May 4, 2019 at 8:19 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
When I brought this up... oh wait I didn't.

Honestly, not a whole fan of the core can't be moved for another core piece.
But I like the idea of core players and no trade limits.

But it says core pieces can be moved for other core pieces?
Daryl liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll