SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

Jun. 15, 2018 at 11:12 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Just curious why we are doing waivers right now, unless it's for buyout/releases only?

Should be after UFA at least. How are we supposed to make waive/claim decisions before we have a full roster picture?
Jun. 16, 2018 at 12:18 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Really confused about the schedule for everything. Does FA start tomorrow?
Jun. 16, 2018 at 10:35 a.m.
Go Jackets
Edited Jun. 16, 2018 at 10:43 a.m.
Quoting: TheCommissioner

@rangersandislesfan New York Islanders

@Turner33 Carolina Hurricanes

@BoltsPoint21 Tampa Bay Lightning

@matt59 Columbus Blue Jackets

@ricochetii Montreal Canadiens

@plNHL Colorado Avalanche

@Rodzikhockey93 Toronto Maple Leafs

@mhockey91 Pittsburgh Penguins

@Math Nashville Predators

@TrueNorth Winnepeg Jets

@Daryl Arizona Coyotes

@TonyStrecher Vancouver Canucks

@NateElder12 Philadelphia Flyers

@Icegirl Minnesota Wild

@Mr_cap Dallas Stars

@l9guysports Boston Bruins

@krakowitz Washington Capitals

@A_K St. Louis Blues

@TabooPenguo Vegas Golden Knights

@KSIxSKULLS Florida Panthers

@GronkNation Los Angeles Kings

@Ethereal Anaheim Ducks

@flamesfan419 Calgary Flames

@HallforHart New Jersey Devils

@JT_Miller New York Rangers

@Zach Buffalo Sabres

@HoffmanisKing Ottawa Senators

@MrBooth Detroit Red Wings

@Max Edmonton Oilers

@MacWinnon San Jose Sharks

@TMLSage Chicago Blackhawks

@phillyjabroni Quebec Nordiques

Sorry for tagging everyone, but all the schedule and process info will be cleared up in this post.

1. UFA will start Monday June 18. Bids for UFAs scheduled for each day are due at 3pm EST every day.

Link to Schedule: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XVcHXesGKp45GEL1Q37lI4IC3mKLnuPb0UgTxJ8EZXY/edit?usp=sharing

Refresher of UFA Rules

Minimum offerable AAV is $675,000
Maximum offerable AAV is $16,000,000
Only teams who held UFA rights as of IRL TDL (for this year) can offer an 8th year.

The UFA process will be a rolling bidding process. It will be purely based on highest bidder based on points. Tiebreaker will be conducted by the highest AAV winning first, and then if there is still a tie, waiver order.

UFA Point Scale
(AAV x Term) + Clauses = Total Points
NMC = 1 point per year
NTC = 0.5 points per year

No UFA signed may be traded until January 1, 2019; even if they do not have an attached NTC or NMC. NTC-NMCs will not be granted in free agency. There will only be just NTCs or NMCs. A free agent CAN have NTCs and NMCs divided over the duration, they only cannot have both at the same time. NTCs granted by GMs in GM Game free agency must be honored for one full calendar year from when they kick in before they can be moved. NMCs granted by GMs in GM Game free agency must be honored for the entire duration the contract has an NMC and they may NOT be moved under any circumstance. See NMC and NTC Rules section for more details.

Unrestricted free agency will be conducted on a rolling bidding process. This means that only a certain group of players will be bid on per day. For the main free agents, each days group has one player of each type to ensure that teams don’t “lose out” on free agents that address needs. Bids for each group are due at 3:00 PM EST on the scheduled day of the given group. The winners of each bid will be announced soon after. When a team wins a bid on a player, THEY CANNOT TURN IT DOWN.

It cannot be over-emphasized, do not make bids in advance if there is even a chance of you needing to drop the bid.

To make bids, notify the league commissioner (contact info below) via Twitter DM or email with a bid that meets the following format (before the due date to submit a bid for the given player):

New York Islanders Free Agency Bid for John Tavares
Total contract value: $120,000,000
Total years: 8 years
AAV: $15,000,000
Trade Clauses: NMC (Years 1-7), NTC (Year 8)

*Note that in this scenario the total “points” for Tavares in this deal is 127.5 points ((15*8)+7+0.5)

Contact Info: TheCommissioner (Twitter: @Bo53Horvat, CapFriendly Handle: @TheCommissioner , Email: gmgamecanucks@gmail.com)

*The Commisioner will be the only person seeing the UFA bids before the deadline. The BOG will NOT be involved in determining winning bids or seeing bids unless The Commissioner is unable to do so due to time constraints or personal reasons.

2. Waiver Claims are one per calendar month per team all year long. This will apply to signing undrafted UFAs on June 30th and beyond. Waiver order is as shown in waivers thread. As of right now, that is the only use for waivers since we're still in the offseason.

3. Buyouts are allowed until Monday at 3 pm EST. A second buyout window will occur sometime in July, stay posted for that.

4. Second RFA period will end on monday at 3pm EST as well. After that point, any unsigned but qualified RFAs are eligible to be offer sheeted. If you have an unsigned but qualified RFA who does not get offer sheeted, there will be a third RFA period after UFA to sign these guys.
Jun. 16, 2018 at 12:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ricochetii
Just curious why we are doing waivers right now, unless it's for buyout/releases only?

Should be after UFA at least. How are we supposed to make waive/claim decisions before we have a full roster picture?
Jun. 19, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
Tyler Paluzzi
@flamesfan419 @TheCommissioner @icegirl @phillyjabroni @matt59
Ok I am having some major issues and need some help to resolve them.
My phone has been a pain lately with the data so I had to reset my network. On top of that not working, now when I try to sign in on my Phone to twitter it won't approve my password even though it is the correct password, it won't send the email to my phone about a forgotten password and I cant make a new account. It also says my safety token is expired when I try to sign onto Cap and can only get inon my school computer
Jun. 19, 2018 at 2:04 p.m.
Quoting: HallforHart
My phone has been a pain lately with the data so I had to reset my network. On top of that not working, now when I try to sign in on my Phone to twitter it won't approve my password even though it is the correct password, it won't send the email to my phone about a forgotten password and I cant make a new account. It also says my safety token is expired when I try to sign onto Cap and can only get inon my school computer

Ok, so what do you need help with exactly?
Jun. 19, 2018 at 2:06 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator

I want to be helpful, but tech stuff is so far out of my scope of knowledge that I can't even begin to give advice other than take it into the store and see what they can tell you.
Hopefully one of the others has better advice than that, but from me that's the best I can offer.
Jun. 19, 2018 at 2:17 p.m.

for twitter, if you are using the app try logging on from chrome (or the opposite if you use a browser). as for CF, maybe send an email or post in the messages to the mods thread to try and sort this stuff out.
Jun. 19, 2018 at 2:23 p.m.
Tyler Paluzzi
I need to know why it is showing that my session safety token is expired. It tells me to refresh the page but that doesnt work. I dont get what is happening and am wondering how to resolve it
Jun. 19, 2018 at 2:26 p.m.
I need to know why it is showing that my session safety token is expired. It tells me to refresh the page but that doesnt work. I dont get what is happening and am wondering how to resolve it

I would reach out to the MODs for that one. I typically just refresh my page on my browser (Chrome or Safari), and then it's all good.

As for the Twitter, I'm not sure. Try logging on with a different device. If not, the "forgot my password" might work.
Jun. 19, 2018 at 2:31 p.m.
Go Habs Go

What do you mean by "reset your network"?

It's possible you are now using outdated protocols and need an update, or have otherwise toggled some setting, maybe related to secure sessions or https.
It's also possible your "new" network setting is trying to use something "old".

Try wifi first, to see if it is indeed your phone network/data.

Review your mobile connection settings. You should be able to get specific help from your carrier, either online or by phone, to ensure everything is set correctly.

Clear cache on your browser, reinstall and/or update it, or try another browser. Don't use bookmarks to get to twitter or CF when you attempt it afterwards.

I'm assuming you haven't been hacked or left yourself logged in on your school computer, or shared your phone at some point and compromised your accounts. If your password and email have been changed, you'll have to contact twitter support. Do you not have 3 factor identification so you can have a reset password sent to your phone?
Jun. 19, 2018 at 10:10 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Day 1 awards. I emailed you a bid and don't see the player awarded or leftover. Did you get it?

Need to know whether I got the player before tomorrow's bidding.
Jun. 19, 2018 at 10:12 p.m.
WentWughes
Day 1 awards. I emailed you a bid and don't see the player awarded or leftover. Did you get it?

Need to know whether I got the player before tomorrow's bidding.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/144552

Winners are here. If you don't see your team, then you didn't win.
Jun. 19, 2018 at 10:22 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/144552

Winners are here. If you don't see your team, then you didn't win.

The player isn't there. If nobody bid on him, he'd be pushed to the end of free agency, like today's unbidded players. If someone did bid on him (and at least 1 person has), he should be listed.
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Jun. 20, 2018 at 12:34 a.m.
The player isn't there. If nobody bid on him, he'd be pushed to the end of free agency, like today's unbidded players. If someone did bid on him (and at least 1 person has), he should be listed.

You missed the cutoff for said player, and he will be available on the last day of free agency.
Jun. 20, 2018 at 4:39 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Jun. 20, 2018 at 4:45 a.m.
Quoting: TheCommissioner
You missed the cutoff for said player, and he will be available on the last day of free agency.

I thought the cutoff was changed to 8pm est?

Edit: Sent email at 7:49pm est. I don't think it took more than 11 minutes to go through, but I can screenshot it if you want.
Jun. 20, 2018 at 8:35 a.m.
I thought the cutoff was changed to 8pm est?

Edit: Sent email at 7:49pm est. I don't think it took more than 11 minutes to go through, but I can screenshot it if you want.

Hey Rico. If you’re talking about a player from Day 1 of Free Agency, the cutoff time was the proposed 3 PM EST that we all signed off to in the rules document. However, after Day 1 of Free Agency was the cutoff time changed to better suit other GMs schedules (to 8 pm EST). That should probably explain why you missed out on that player on Day 1, as you were almost 5 hours late in submitting your bid.
Bo53Horvat and ricochetii liked this.
Jun. 20, 2018 at 9:13 a.m.
Quoting: MrBooth
Hey Rico. If you’re talking about a player from Day 1 of Free Agency, the cutoff time was the proposed 3 PM EST that we all signed off to in the rules document. However, after Day 1 of Free Agency was the cutoff time changed to better suit other GMs schedules (to 8 pm EST). That should probably explain why you missed out on that player on Day 1, as you were almost 5 hours late in submitting your bid.

Also, that player would be availble on the last day of FA
Bo53Horvat liked this.
Jun. 20, 2018 at 12:16 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: MrBooth

I thought the change was immediate, not a next day thing. That explains it. I thought the deadline was extended because people were having trouble getting on to make their bids for those players in time.
Jun. 20, 2018 at 2:31 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: matt59
Sorry for tagging everyone, but all the schedule and process info will be cleared up in this post.

1. UFA will start Monday June 18. Bids for UFAs scheduled for each day are due at 3pm EST every day.

Link to Schedule: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XVcHXesGKp45GEL1Q37lI4IC3mKLnuPb0UgTxJ8EZXY/edit?usp=sharing

Refresher of UFA Rules

Minimum offerable AAV is $675,000
Maximum offerable AAV is $16,000,000
Only teams who held UFA rights as of IRL TDL (for this year) can offer an 8th year.

The UFA process will be a rolling bidding process. It will be purely based on highest bidder based on points. Tiebreaker will be conducted by the highest AAV winning first, and then if there is still a tie, waiver order.

UFA Point Scale
(AAV x Term) + Clauses = Total Points
NMC = 1 point per year
NTC = 0.5 points per year

No UFA signed may be traded until January 1, 2019; even if they do not have an attached NTC or NMC. NTC-NMCs will not be granted in free agency. There will only be just NTCs or NMCs. A free agent CAN have NTCs and NMCs divided over the duration, they only cannot have both at the same time. NTCs granted by GMs in GM Game free agency must be honored for one full calendar year from when they kick in before they can be moved. NMCs granted by GMs in GM Game free agency must be honored for the entire duration the contract has an NMC and they may NOT be moved under any circumstance. See NMC and NTC Rules section for more details.

Unrestricted free agency will be conducted on a rolling bidding process. This means that only a certain group of players will be bid on per day. For the main free agents, each days group has one player of each type to ensure that teams don’t “lose out” on free agents that address needs. Bids for each group are due at 3:00 PM EST on the scheduled day of the given group. The winners of each bid will be announced soon after. When a team wins a bid on a player, THEY CANNOT TURN IT DOWN.

It cannot be over-emphasized, do not make bids in advance if there is even a chance of you needing to drop the bid.

To make bids, notify the league commissioner (contact info below) via Twitter DM or email with a bid that meets the following format (before the due date to submit a bid for the given player):

New York Islanders Free Agency Bid for John Tavares
Total contract value: $120,000,000
Total years: 8 years
AAV: $15,000,000
Trade Clauses: NMC (Years 1-7), NTC (Year 8)

*Note that in this scenario the total “points” for Tavares in this deal is 127.5 points ((15*8)+7+0.5)

Contact Info: TheCommissioner (Twitter: @Bo53Horvat, CapFriendly Handle: @TheCommissioner , Email: gmgamecanucks@gmail.com)

*The Commisioner will be the only person seeing the UFA bids before the deadline. The BOG will NOT be involved in determining winning bids or seeing bids unless The Commissioner is unable to do so due to time constraints or personal reasons.

2. Waiver Claims are one per calendar month per team all year long. This will apply to signing undrafted UFAs on June 30th and beyond. Waiver order is as shown in waivers thread. As of right now, that is the only use for waivers since we're still in the offseason.

3. Buyouts are allowed until Monday at 3 pm EST. A second buyout window will occur sometime in July, stay posted for that.

4. Second RFA period will end on monday at 3pm EST as well. After that point, any unsigned but qualified RFAs are eligible to be offer sheeted. If you have an unsigned but qualified RFA who does not get offer sheeted, there will be a third RFA period after UFA to sign these guys.

@NateElder12 here's the info you asked for
NateElder12 liked this.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 9:54 a.m.
WentWughes
Can you guys post my new thread? https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/746572

Unsticky the old FLA Thread and post this one instead, thanks
Jun. 23, 2018 at 10:40 a.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Can you guys post my new thread? https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/746572

Unsticky the old FLA Thread and post this one instead, thanks

@Banks @Jarvis
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 11:18 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: flamesfan419

Done
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 11:48 a.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: Jarvis
Done

@Banks @Jarvis

sorry guys, I have one more for you.
Can you remove the current Calgary team from above and replace it with this new version....

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/746667
Jun. 23, 2018 at 11:55 a.m.
Tyler Paluzzi
What do you mean by "reset your network"?

It's possible you are now using outdated protocols and need an update, or have otherwise toggled some setting, maybe related to secure sessions or https.
It's also possible your "new" network setting is trying to use something "old".

Try wifi first, to see if it is indeed your phone network/data.

Review your mobile connection settings. You should be able to get specific help from your carrier, either online or by phone, to ensure everything is set correctly.

Clear cache on your browser, reinstall and/or update it, or try another browser. Don't use bookmarks to get to twitter or CF when you attempt it afterwards.

I'm assuming you haven't been hacked or left yourself logged in on your school computer, or shared your phone at some point and compromised your accounts. If your password and email have been changed, you'll have to contact twitter support. Do you not have 3 factor identification so you can have a reset password sent to your phone?

thanks I'm using my laptop now for this so I'm back

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll