SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

Mar. 12, 2019 at 6:07 p.m.
Keep in mind that each team can only sign 1 player per month. So if a team has signed a college player, that should count for their free agency signing authority completed for that month.

If more than 31 players are available to sign, and each team decides to sign 1 player, then it goes back to 1 signing per month again, with the first come first serve again I take it?
Mar. 12, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: ricochetii
I've considered several players but they're always signed hours before I'm able to post, so I've just given up.

your first one is free. the problem is it's hard to tell who is using their first and who isnt. my recommendation: sign the guys you want as they become available and see what happens

because us nerds have already used our instant pick
Mar. 12, 2019 at 6:09 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: Pross
Keep in mind that each team can only sign 1 player per month. So if a team has signed a college player, that should count for their free agency signing authority completed for that month.

If more than 31 players are available to sign, and each team decides to sign 1 player, then it goes back to 1 signing per month again, with the first come first serve again I take it?

FA signings - 1 freebie and then 2 thru waivers each month
Mar. 12, 2019 at 6:50 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: A_K
I'm leaning that way too, but the rules as they are written allow for one signing to be first come, first serve. Probably something that we will revisit in the offseason.

I'm a little confused. I went to sign Tye Felhaber on March 1st, but discovered he was already signed a month earlier, before he had signed a deal IRL.
So what's the situation with players like that, and when are you allowed to sign them?
Mar. 12, 2019 at 6:52 p.m.
GM - Canucks
I'm a little confused. I went to sign Tye Felhaber on March 1st, but discovered he was already signed a month earlier, before he had signed a deal IRL.
So what's the situation with players like that, and when are you allowed to sign them?

I send him a month prior because he gave an official verbal agreement to Dallas.
They just couldn't legally sign him till later.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 6:52 p.m.
Lets Go Blues

CHL players are a little different...

"Players in the CHL may only be signed if:
they have been draft eligible for at least one draft and no other team holds their rights
they have been signed by a professional team in real life and no other team holds their rights
or
they have been drafted in the GM game draft and you own their rights"
Mar. 12, 2019 at 7:13 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: TMLSage
I send him a month prior because he gave an official verbal agreement to Dallas.
They just couldn't legally sign him till later.

I wouldn't have been first whether it was a verbal agreement or the official signing, but it should be based on the official signing date (if it matters). I'm more wondering if I'm able to sign someone else before something official happens.

CHL players are a little different...

"Players in the CHL may only be signed if:
they have been draft eligible for at least one draft and no other team holds their rights
they have been signed by a professional team in real life and no other team holds their rights
or
they have been drafted in the GM game draft and you own their rights"

So I can sign any undrafted player, as long as they are in the CHL. The same player in college requires waiting for a real contract. Why the difference if both went undrafted and neither currently holds a contract?
Mar. 12, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
I wouldn't have been first whether it was a verbal agreement or the official signing, but it should be based on the official signing date (if it matters). I'm more wondering if I'm able to sign someone else before something official happens.

So I can sign any undrafted player, as long as they are in the CHL. The same player in college requires waiting for a real contract. Why the difference if both went undrafted and neither currently holds a contract?

It's how the CBA works. CHL guys can be signed at any time; NCAA guys must wait. Lemme find the exact wording.
ricochetii liked this.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 7:29 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Icegirl
It's how the CBA works. CHL guys can be signed at any time; NCAA guys must wait. Lemme find the exact wording.

I know there's a reason for it IRL, but I can't remember. I was on mobile and couldn't check but I can look later if it's a hassle for you. Getting ready to watch hockey right now. XD
I'm more wondering if it's something that should be different for us, since first-come and the player choosing the destination are either unfair or implausible.
"Only undrafted players with officially signed contracts, once announced via CapFriendly" might be a better implementation, for example. It would prevent people jumping the gun on rumored signings and at least standardize the time frame involved. I might have a chance if I set a CF notification, but if people are following like 10 accounts and somebody else breaks the news first, I have no chance.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 7:42 p.m.
GM - Canucks
I know there's a reason for it IRL, but I can't remember. I was on mobile and couldn't check but I can look later if it's a hassle for you. Getting ready to watch hockey right now. XD
I'm more wondering if it's something that should be different for us, since first-come and the player choosing the destination are either unfair or implausible.
"Only undrafted players with officially signed contracts, once announced via CapFriendly" might be a better implementation, for example. It would prevent people jumping the gun on rumored signings and at least standardize the time frame involved. I might have a chance if I set a CF notification, but if people are following like 10 accounts and somebody else breaks the news first, I have no chance.

Guess my thing is, these guys are complete do your own research.
There are a few CHL guys that weren't signed in our game till like two weeks after it was posted on Capfriendly.
Mar. 13, 2019 at 6:53 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Detroit Red Wings

Dear BOG,

I will be gone on vacation and actually completely off the grid from March 21st to April 1st.

Thank you all for understanding!

Sincerely,
Missouri
Detroit Red Wings GM

P.S: Wow I am good at writing formal letter lol
ItzMeTaboo, Bo53Horvat, PrincessChloe and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 14, 2019 at 2:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Just because i'm curious, any plans about a potential v4 (possibly in 2020)?
Gronk liked this.
Mar. 14, 2019 at 2:29 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

You tell me
Mar. 14, 2019 at 2:31 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
You tell me

We are doing a v4 Bolts has to play as ARZ.
Max liked this.
Mar. 14, 2019 at 2:49 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator

I'd definitely be interested if it comes to that...or before smile
Max liked this.
Mar. 14, 2019 at 3:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: flamesfan419
I'd definitely be interested if it comes to that...or before smile

As much as i think it would be fun to do it sooner, it wouldn't be fair to @phillyjabroni to say he's the Quebec GM and then just restart a new game.
Mar. 14, 2019 at 4:01 p.m.
GM - Canucks
As much as i think it would be fun to do it sooner, it wouldn't be fair to @phillyjabroni to say he's the Quebec GM and then just restart a new game.

"restarts anyway with Quebec Expansion as beginning time period.
Mar. 15, 2019 at 1:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Am i allowed to have more than 23 players on my active roster AFTER the trade deadline? I'm not sure if there's a rule about that.
Mar. 15, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Edited Mar. 15, 2019 at 2:01 p.m.
Am i allowed to have more than 23 players on my active roster AFTER the trade deadline? I'm not sure if there's a rule about that.

How Many Spots?
by Dr. AK Suess

Deadline over
time to dream
how many players
on my team?

twenty-five?
twenty-three?
hundred-thousand?
infinity?

after the deadline
if you recall
there are no limits
so add them all

no cap*, no rules**
no roster limits
black aces, new faces
no ****s are given!

*cap ceiling remains at $80m
**all other rules still exist
rangersandislesfan, Gronk, jmac490 and 3 others liked this.
Mar. 15, 2019 at 1:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
How Many Spots?
by Dr. AK Suess

Deadline over
time to dream
how many players
on my team?

twenty-five?
twenty-three?
hundred-thousand?
infinity?

after the deadline
if you recall
there are no limits
so add them all

no cap, no rules
no roster limits
black aces, new faces
no ****s are given!

You're kidding about no cap, right?
Mar. 15, 2019 at 1:58 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
You're kidding about no cap, right?

Sorry, yes the cap ceiling will remain at $80 million but you may make call-ups after the deadline.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 16, 2019 at 1:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Can i put Tanev on LTIR? And also, if i do, do i get rid of his whole cap hit for this season?
Mar. 16, 2019 at 1:43 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Can i put Tanev on LTIR? And also, if i do, do i get rid of his whole cap hit for this season?

yes and yes.

Tanev injured? color me surprised tears of joy
Mar. 16, 2019 at 2:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
yes and yes.

Tanev injured? color me surprised tears of joy

I put him on IR first and moved him over to LTIR. Let me know if there's a problem with that.
Mar. 16, 2019 at 2:44 p.m.
GM - Canucks
I put him on IR first and moved him over to LTIR. Let me know if there's a problem with that.

There is zero problem with it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll