2. Boston
3. Tampa
Metropolitan:
1. Philly
2. Washington
3. Pittsburgh
Wild Cards:
1. Florida
2. Montreal (Everyone of you will be saying ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!)
--------------
3. Columbus (If Panarin signs by the deadline or isn't traded, i'll change my rankings)
4. New Jersey
5. Carolina
6. NYR
7. Buffalo
8. Detroit
9. NYI
10. Ottawa

Western Conference:
Central:
1. Winnipeg
2. St-Louis
3. Nashville
Pacific:
1. San Jose
2. LA
3. VGK
Wild Cards:
1. Calgary
2. Anaheim
--------------
3. Minnesota
4. Colorado
5. Arizona
6. Dallas
7. Edmonton
8. Chicago
9. Vancouver
There you go !!!
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
My # 1 prediction. Winnipeg will have a great year. Trouba will have a good year. Winnipeg fans will appreciate Trouba's play and not worry at all about his contract......well not until about June 20, then the discussion will happen all over again....".He's going to a UFA in a year, he HAS to be traded. We can't let him walk and get nothing for him".
The fact the Trouba helped the Jets reach the Finals earlier in the month will be forgotten.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 4:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: seb
Eastern Conference:
Atlantic:
1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. Tampa
Metropolitan:
1. Philly
2. Washington
3. Pittsburgh
Wild Cards:
1. Florida
--------------
3. Columbus (If Panarin signs by the deadline or isn't traded, i'll change my rankings)
4. New Jersey
5. Carolina
6. NYR
7. Buffalo
8. Detroit
9. NYI
10. Ottawa

Western Conference:
Central:
1. Winnipeg
2. St-Louis
3. Nashville
Pacific:
1. San Jose
2. LA
3. VGK
Wild Cards:
1. Calgary
2. Anaheim
--------------
3. Minnesota
4. Colorado
5. Arizona
6. Dallas
7. Edmonton
8. Chicago
9. Vancouver
There you go !!!

If Toronto finished ahead of Philly here, that's Montreal vs. Toronto ... that would be awesome. The thing is, i doubt the Habs make the playoffs.
Hockeylover360 and seb liked this.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 9:08 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
If Toronto finished ahead of Philly here, that's Montreal vs. Toronto ... that would be awesome. The thing is, i doubt the Habs make the playoffs.

Me too, but everyone except Brendan Gallagher, Antti Niemi and Jeff Petry has underperformed in Montreal and they usually rebound well after a poor season. The proof: they never had two consecutive playoff exits since 2001. And while the departure of Alex Galchenyuk hurts, they changed they entire coaching staff of the Laval Rocket and they have one of the best benches in the entire nhl with Ducharme and Richardson in the mix with Julien, Muller and Waite. Plus, Antti Niemi has rebounded in Montreal and is their best backup goalie they have had in a while. I like to go outside the norms for playoff predictions. Never go with what everyone says. Plus, they don't make the same mistakes as Detroit
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 10:12 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Me too, but everyone except Brendan Gallagher, Antti Niemi and Jeff Petry has underperformed in Montreal and they usually rebound well after a poor season. The proof: they never had two consecutive playoff exits since 2001. And while the departure of Alex Galchenyuk hurts, they changed they entire coaching staff of the Laval Rocket and they have one of the best benches in the entire nhl with Ducharme and Richardson in the mix with Julien, Muller and Waite. Plus, Antti Niemi has rebounded in Montreal and is their best backup goalie they have had in a while. I like to go outside the norms for playoff predictions. Never go with what everyone says. Plus, they don't make the same mistakes as Detroit

They usually do what we don't expect them to do. If we think they'll make it, they don't. And if we think they'll miss, they make it. I don't see them making it, but you never know.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 10:21 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018

While anything can happen, this is quite the biased opinion that Montreal makes the playoffs. Weber is out until December, their best natural centers are Danault and Plekanec, they have no defensive depth, the team captain is expected to be traded any day now, the list goes on and on. The only way I see them getting there is if Drouin goes for over a point per game and Price plays better than he did his MVP season. That’s not likely by any stretch
rangersandislesfan and seb liked this.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 10:23 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
While anything can happen, this is quite the biased opinion that Montreal makes the playoffs. Weber is out until December, their best natural centers are Danault and Plekanec, they have no defensive depth, the team captain is expected to be traded any day now, the list goes on and on. The only way I see them getting there is if Drouin goes for over a point per game and Price plays better than he did his MVP season. That’s not likely by any stretch

Well said. I do agree with you they aren't gonna make it. Right now, having good centres is huge in the NHL. They mainly need a real 1st line centre.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 11:40 a.m.
Well said. I do agree with you they aren't gonna make it. Right now, having good centres is huge in the NHL. They mainly need a real 1st line centre.

Yeah, but some teams were not carried by first line centers. They were more carried by wingers and a good defense. Look at New Jersey and Taylor Hall. Hall had 93 points. Hishier had 52. Look at Columbus. Panarin had 83 points. Pierre Luc Dubois had 48. Are Pierre-Luc Dubois and Nico Hischier first line centers ? No they aren't, but they perfectly complemented all-star wingers. Now that Panarin might be on his way out and that New Jersey lost more than they gained, the confidence of those teams will take a dip.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 1:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Yeah, but some teams were not carried by first line centers. They were more carried by wingers and a good defense. Look at New Jersey and Taylor Hall. Hall had 93 points. Hishier had 52. Look at Columbus. Panarin had 83 points. Pierre Luc Dubois had 48. Are Pierre-Luc Dubois and Nico Hischier first line centers ? No they aren't, but they perfectly complemented all-star wingers. Now that Panarin might be on his way out and that New Jersey lost more than they gained, the confidence of those teams will take a dip.

But those teams at least have good 2nd line centres. Danault and Plekanec are the Habs' best real centres. Also add the fact that their defence isn't good enough.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
Habs/Pens fan
But those teams at least have good 2nd line centres. Danault and Plekanec are the Habs' best real centres. Also add the fact that their defence isn't good enough.

And they're very young too.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 4:52 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

It's not much different than NJD's, especially with Weber. (And NJ didn't even have Vatanen to start the season.)
Jul. 25, 2018 at 5:41 p.m.

Danault can be a solid 2nd line center when healthy. I know, he isn't as offensively good as Pierre-Luc Dubois or Nico Hischier, but he is really defensively reliable and also good in faceoffs. He's a pretty underrated passer too. My ideal habs lineup at the start of the season (if Pacioretty isn't traded and Weber, Shaw and Byron are injured) would look like this:
Pacioretty - Danault - Hudon
Domi - Drouin - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Pleky - Armia
De La Rose/Deslauriers - Peca - Scherbak

Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Reilly/Ouellet - Benn/Schlemko
I know, some of you will remind me once again that Drouin is not a center. But in the middle of good linemates like Domi and Gallagher, he can do some damage.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 7:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Danault can be a solid 2nd line center when healthy. I know, he isn't as offensively good as Pierre-Luc Dubois or Nico Hischier, but he is really defensively reliable and also good in faceoffs. He's a pretty underrated passer too. My ideal habs lineup at the start of the season (if Pacioretty isn't traded and Weber, Shaw and Byron are injured) would look like this:
Pacioretty - Danault - Hudon
Domi - Drouin - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Pleky - Armia
De La Rose/Deslauriers - Peca - Scherbak

Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Reilly/Ouellet - Benn/Schlemko
I know, some of you will remind me once again that Drouin is not a center. But in the middle of good linemates like Domi and Gallagher, he can do some damage.

Look at that defence. It's not good enough.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 9:02 p.m.
Look at that defence. It's not good enough.

Yeah, I just wanted you to say it for the third time. Mete, Juulsen, Reilly and Ouellet all have some form of untapped potential. Mete was solid during the world juniors and continues to make great plays with his stick. He's a fast skater. Sure, his offense is still not good enough. But he can improve his offensive potential. Juulsen is a solid puck-mover who plays with the poise of a veteran already. Colorado did have a similar defense last year. Jeff Petry grew as a defensman and had carrer numbers. As for Alzner, Schlemko and Benn, sure they are not that good but some teams have defensmen like that.
Jul. 26, 2018 at 10:19 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Yeah, I just wanted you to say it for the third time. Mete, Juulsen, Reilly and Ouellet all have some form of untapped potential. Mete was solid during the world juniors and continues to make great plays with his stick. He's a fast skater. Sure, his offense is still not good enough. But he can improve his offensive potential. Juulsen is a solid puck-mover who plays with the poise of a veteran already. Colorado did have a similar defense last year. Jeff Petry grew as a defensman and had carrer numbers. As for Alzner, Schlemko and Benn, sure they are not that good but some teams have defensmen like that.

Can the Habs be good soon? Yes. But i don't think they will be YET. Most of those guys are younger guys who haven't shown us much in the NHL yet. Also remember how hard it is to make the playoffs.
Hockeylover360 liked this.
Jul. 26, 2018 at 11:07 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Can the Habs be good soon? Yes. But i don't think they will be YET. Most of those guys are younger guys who haven't shown us much in the NHL yet. Also remember how hard it is to make the playoffs.

I agree with this. But I don't think they'll be as bad as some people think they'll be.
Aug. 2, 2018 at 8:40 p.m.
Eastern Conference:
Atlantic:
1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. Tampa
Metropolitan:
1. Philly
2. Washington
3. Pittsburgh
Wild Cards:
1. Florida
--------------
4. New Jersey
5. Carolina
6. NYR
7. Buffalo
8. Detroit
9. NYI
10. Ottawa

Western Conference:
Central:
1. Winnipeg
2. St-Louis
3. Nashville
Pacific:
1. San Jose
2. LA
3. VGK
Wild Cards:
1. Calgary
2. Anaheim
--------------
3. Minnesota
4. Colorado
5. Arizona
6. Dallas
7. Edmonton
8. Chicago
9. Vancouver
There you go !!!

Updated, Buffalo and Montreal switch sides
Aug. 3, 2018 at 12:13 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Mr_cap
Toews will have a 80pt season (career high i believe)
Price will have a bounceback season
RAIF will be wrong on all of his predictions because its almost identical to this past yrs

@Mr_cap I forgot to mention, i'd be happy to see Devon Toews get 80 points as an Isles fan.
Aug. 3, 2018 at 11:00 p.m.
NBABound
@Mr_cap I forgot to mention, i'd be happy to see Devon Toews get 80 points as an Isles fan.

Big ups to the claffy
Aug. 20, 2018 at 2:48 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Ive made two but since FA and all the signings are pretty much done, i looked at some lineups and came with a pretty decent conclusion:

Atlantic:
Tampa 113
Toronto 110
Florida 100
Boston** 96
Buffalo 90
Montreal 83
Detroit 76
Ottawa 68

Metropolitan:
Washington 111
Pittsburgh 106
Columbus 102
Philadelphia* 99
Carolina 93
New Jersey 86
New york rangers 80
New York Islanders 73

Central:
Winnipeg 116
St. Louis 108
Nashville 103
Minnesota 99
Colorado 94
Dallas 87
Chicago 75

Pacific:
Los Angelas 106
San Jose 104
Edmonton 97
Vegas 96
Anaheim 92
Arizona 86
Vancouver 80
Calgary 78

1st Round:
Tampa over Boston in 7
Toronto over Florida in 5
Washington over Philadelphia in 5
Columbus over Pittsburgh in 6

Winnipeg over Vegas in 7
St Louis over Nashville in 4
Los Angelas over Minnesota in 6
San Jose over Edmonton in 5

2nd Round:
Toronto over Tampa in 7
Washington over Columbus in 7
Winnipeg over St louis in 7
Los Angelas over San Jose in 5

3rd Round:
Toronto over Washington in 7
Winnipeg over Los Angelas in 4

Stanley Cup Final
Winnipeg over Toronto in 6

Art Ross: Mcdavid 110 ( Tavares 100, Malkin 98)
Norris: Hedman ( Burns, Doughty)
Vezina: Hellenbuyck ( Andersen, Bobrovsky)
Richard: Malkin 52 ( Ovechkin 50, Laine 46)
Calder: Mittlstadt ( Tolvanen, Dahlin )
Selke: Barkov ( O'Reilly, Kopitar)
Ted Lindsay: Mcdavid ( Malkin, Ovechkin)
Lady byng: O'Reilly ( Matthews, Gaudreau)
Hart: Tavares ( Mcdavid, O'Reilly)
Conn Smythe: Wheeler ( Scheifele, Hellenbuyck

https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/68998

mock draft to go along with this
Aug. 20, 2018 at 3:14 p.m.
Edited Aug. 20, 2018 at 3:19 p.m.
Atlantic:
1. Tampa Bay
2. Floriday
3. Toronto
4. Buffalo
5. Boston
6. Montreal
7. Detroit
8. Ottawa

Metro:
1. Philadelphia
2. Pittsburgh
3. Washington
4. New Jersey
5. Columbus
6. NYI
7. Carolina
8. NYR

Central:
1. Nashville
2. St. Louis
3.Colorado
4. Minnesota
5. Winnipeg
6. Dallas
7. Chicago

Pacific:
1. Anaheim
2. San Jose
3. Calgary
4. Arizona
5. Vegas
6. Vancouver
7. L.A
8. Edmonton
Aug. 20, 2018 at 3:17 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: mcoach69
Atlantic:
1. Tampa Bay
2. Floriday
3. Toronto
4. Buffalo
5. Boston
6. Montreal
7. Detroit
8. Ottawa

Metro:
1. Philadelphia
2. Pittsburgh
3. Washington
4. New Jersey
5. Columbus
6. NYI
7. Carolina
8. NYR

Central:
1. Nashville
2. St. Louis
3.Colorado
4. Minnesota
5. Winnipeg
6. Dallas
7. Chicago

Pacific:
1. Anaheim
2. San Jose
3. Calgary
4. Arizona
5. Vegas
6. Vancouver
7. L.A
8. Vegas

did i miss the 2nd Vegas team expansion draft???
mcoach69 liked this.
Aug. 20, 2018 at 3:19 p.m.
loll
Aug. 20, 2018 at 3:57 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mcoach69
Atlantic:
1. Tampa Bay
2. Floriday
3. Toronto
4. Buffalo
5. Boston
6. Montreal
7. Detroit
8. Ottawa

Metro:
1. Philadelphia
2. Pittsburgh
3. Washington
4. New Jersey
5. Columbus
6. NYI
7. Carolina
8. NYR

Central:
1. Nashville
2. St. Louis
3.Colorado
4. Minnesota
5. Winnipeg
6. Dallas
7. Chicago

Pacific:
1. Anaheim
2. San Jose
3. Calgary
4. Arizona
5. Vegas
6. Vancouver
7. L.A
8. Edmonton

I like that you went kinda unexpected with your predictions. Not everything's gonna turn out as we expect obviously. I disagree with a lot of these picks, but of course we could end up being surprised. Of course you can do whatever you want but i'd be interested to see your playoff predictions because this is an interesting standings prediction.
Aug. 20, 2018 at 4:18 p.m.
I like that you went kinda unexpected with your predictions. Not everything's gonna turn out as we expect obviously. I disagree with a lot of these picks, but of course we could end up being surprised. Of course you can do whatever you want but i'd be interested to see your playoff predictions because this is an interesting standings prediction.

These are early predictions too many unsigned players not fully up to date with rookie crop this year but my key prediction is Winnipeg misses the playoffs unless moves are made

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll