SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Washington Capitals - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions

Jun. 8, 2018 at 12:46 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Washington Capitals They've finally done it.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 12:59 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
@rangersandislesfan

You beautiful son of a *****.

Every year for I don’t know how long I’ve predicted this team wins a championship. But this year, I said no way. Everybody said no way. Except for you good sir. You were the only idiot to predict that this team, missing a top four defenseman, missing a top six winger, missing a third pairing defenseman.

And what did we all say to you? “What the hell is wrong with you picking this team?!” “There’s a better chance of this team missing the playoffs than winning the Cup!”

Now you can give us all the metaphorical middle finger. You, rangersandislesfan, were right. If you were here with me right now, I’d give you the biggest hug in the world. Congratulations on being the only idiot that predicted this would happen.

LET’S GO CAPS

Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
Rangsey, rangersandislesfan, Hockeylover360 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 1:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
@rangersandislesfan

You beautiful son of a *****.

Every year for I don’t know how long I’ve predicted this team wins a championship. But this year, I said no way. Everybody said no way. Except for you good sir. You were the only idiot to predict that this team, missing a top four defenseman, missing a top six winger, missing a third pairing defenseman.

And what did we all say to you? “What the hell is wrong with you picking this team?!” “There’s a better chance of this team missing the playoffs than winning the Cup!”

Now you can give us all the metaphorical middle finger. You, rangersandislesfan, were right. If you were here with me right now, I’d give you the biggest hug in the world. Congratulations on being the only idiot that predicted this would happen.

LET’S GO CAPS

Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals

I'm magical lol Sticking Out Tongue
krakowitz liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 1:40 a.m.
Pain.
This team f*****g did something in their existence a damn stanley cup kudos to Ovechkin and Trotz.I think Carlson is staying,too
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 5:21 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
As an a opposing fan, they played their hearts out so concrats Caps you deserve this. All curses come to an end. Who's the choker in the east now?
Jun. 8, 2018 at 8:06 a.m.
Ovi passing the cup to Backstrom... that was ****ing beautiful.
rangersandislesfan, krakowitz, Hockeylover360 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 10:08 a.m.
It's been a good couple of years for Russians in Washington, I guess. (kidding)

Ovi's deserved it after having such a long and great career so far. I lived in DC when the Caps won their first President's trophy and the city was RED CRAZY that year (it reminded me a lot of my hometown Buffalo in '06). So having seen first-hand how dedicated their fans are, I'm happy for them.

Vegas had an amazing season, and not saying they didn't deserve to get where they got or even win the cup if things turned out differently, but I think having an expansion franchise win the Stanley Cup would cheapen it in my mind. Again, that's not to say anything against the team at all; it's more of a commentary on me and my hang-ups than them and their performance.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 10:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Hockeylover360
As an a opposing fan, they played their hearts out so concrats Caps you deserve this. All curses come to an end. Who's the choker in the east now?

Tampa Bay late in the playoffs lol
Jun. 8, 2018 at 10:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Or Pittsburgh Sticking Out Tongue
Hockeylover360 liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 11:26 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Ovi passing the cup to Backstrom... that was ****ing beautiful.

That made me cry
Jun. 8, 2018 at 5:51 p.m.

I think you have to start looking at the fact that its been nearly 15 years since Tampa won the cup, despite a 5 or so year run as a favorite (minus the year with the injuries).
Jun. 8, 2018 at 6:31 p.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Quoting: mtdavis311
I think you have to start looking at the fact that its been nearly 15 years since Tampa won the cup, despite a 5 or so year run as a favorite (minus the year with the injuries).

It's Tampa, then maybe the Leafs. Who knows or perhaps the Blue Jackets.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 9:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
It's Tampa, then maybe the Leafs. Who knows or perhaps the Blue Jackets.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jackets finally win a series. I thin they're the only team who hasn't done that. I think they are. Am i forgetting anyone?
Jun. 9, 2018 at 6:09 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I wouldn't mind seeing the Jackets finally win a series. I thin they're the only team who hasn't done that. I think they are. Am i forgetting anyone?

Yeah, I wanted the Jackets to win vs the Caps but maybe against a team like Phillie or something, hopefully not the pens. They also they only that hasn't won a series.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll