Forums/Armchair-GM

A Question About Mike Hoffman

Created by: Claesson4Norris
Team: 2018-19 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 13, 2018
Published: Jun. 13, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So in the light of the news about the controversy surrounding Hoffman and his fiancee, I've seen a lot of people suggest that this about affects his trade value. I have no clue whether or not this is the case, but I'd really like to get a feel for the perception around Hoffman from fans of other teams. Did you want to see Hoffman on your team? Does this change that?
Trades
OTT
    Not actually Anaheim. The sens send here to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
    ANA
      Mike Hoffman's Fiancee
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the CGY
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the CBJ
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      19$75,000,000$60,375,833$0$360,000$14,624,167
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      $5,187,500$5,187,500
      LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      RW, C
      UFA - 1
      $7,250,000$7,250,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 4
      $4,650,000$4,650,000
      LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $3,250,000$3,250,000
      LW, C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $4,875,000$4,875,000
      RW
      UFA - 3
      $900,000$900,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $3,100,000$3,100,000
      C
      UFA - 2
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $650,000$650,000
      LW
      UFA - 1
      $1,800,000$1,800,000
      LW, RW, C
      UFA - 1
      $1,100,000$1,100,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $1,200,000$1,200,000
      LD
      UFA - 2
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $4,750,000$4,750,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
      LD
      UFA - 2
      $925,000$925,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $2,400,000$2,400,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      $725,000$725,000
      LD
      UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 6:33 a.m.
      I agree with this trade. You need to add Mike Hoffman in the deal too. He stuck up for her and confronted Karlsson in the parking lot. Make them both walk the plank.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 7:17 a.m.
      Do you have a link to an article that has more details? The one that came out yesterday was vague.

If Hoffmans’s girlfriend is guilty of this harassment and Mike is supporting her... I think it would affect his trade value at least a little bit as now he’d be a player the team is actively shopping vs simply listening to offers.

He still fetches a good return but maybe the quality of a prospect or draft pick lowers a bit.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 7:40 a.m.
      Quoting: Juice
      Do you have a link to an article that has more details? The one that came out yesterday was vague.

If Hoffmans’s girlfriend is guilty of this harassment and Mike is supporting her... I think it would affect his trade value at least a little bit as now he’d be a player the team is actively shopping vs simply listening to offers.

He still fetches a good return but maybe the quality of a prospect or draft pick lowers a bit.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/mike-hoffmans-longtime-girlfriend-allegedly-behind-campaign-of-harassment-against-melinda-and-erik-karlsson

this article covers everything fairly well. it reflects poorly on Hoffman, and more importantly the Organization, who seemed to have known about it for weeks.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 8:10 a.m.
      Quoting: Claesson4Norris
      http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/mike-hoffmans-longtime-girlfriend-allegedly-behind-campaign-of-harassment-against-melinda-and-erik-karlsson

this article covers everything fairly well. it reflects poorly on Hoffman, and more importantly the Organization, who seemed to have known about it for weeks.

they should have moved Hoffman before this got out publicly... now his value and demand probably went down
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 8:17 a.m.

Ya. That’s the one I read. Wasn’t anything as far as proof goes. Not saying it’s not true, just would’ve liked to see some concrete evidence linking the horrible comments to Hoffman’s girl.

As for the Ottawa organization, I’d hope they were conducting their own investigation and talked to both guys.

It’d be tricky if
      a) there was some uncertainty; and
      b) You’re planning in trading EK anyway

But if all the all the allegations are true, I can’t see how you bring Hoffman back into that locker room
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 8:20 a.m.
      Subbanator
      I think his trade value is significantly lower now. I read that article but I think the most damaging evidence against Hoffman is all the other girlfriends and wives that have come forward. There’s been multiple gfs and wives open up about t on Twitter, they basically supported Karlson and his wife and said how they were not surprised about this from Hoffman’s gf. Apparently she is well known by girlfriends and wives for causing trouble and hasn’t been welcome to team wife events for a while.
      Claesson4Norris liked this.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 8:26 a.m.
      Quoting: Juice
      Ya. That’s the one I read. Wasn’t anything as far as proof goes. Not saying it’s not true, just would’ve liked to see some concrete evidence linking the horrible comments to Hoffman’s girl.

As for the Ottawa organization, I’d hope they were conducting their own investigation and talked to both guys.

It’d be tricky if
      a) there was some uncertainty; and
      b) You’re planning in trading EK anyway

But if all the all the allegations are true, I can’t see how you bring Hoffman back into that locker room

there's also a bunch of Hockey Wives/ Girlfriends that have come out in support of Erik and Melinda. Julie Turris, Marlee Hammond and the wife of Jason LaBarbera of all people have all come spoken on the subject on twitter.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 8:28 a.m.
      Quoting: Subbanator7667
      I think his trade value is significantly lower now. I read that article but I think the most damaging evidence against Hoffman is all the other girlfriends and wives that have come forward. There’s been multiple gfs and wives open up about t on Twitter, they basically supported Karlson and his wife and said how they were not surprised about this from Hoffman’s gf. Apparently she is well known by girlfriends and wives for causing trouble and hasn’t been welcome to team wife events for a while.

Julie Turris is more credible than the entire Ottawa Senators Organization at this point.
      Subbanator7667 liked this.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 8:55 a.m.
      we need to give the Atlantic Ocean another asset to take on such a liability
      Green4D4 liked this.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 9:01 a.m.
      Quoting: Subbanator7667

So the question is (if the allegations are proven), is she a psychopath or did Mrs Karlsson do something really, really nasty to her first? IMO any team interested in either player will do their due diligence first.

Let me go on record saying that the comments at the time of baby Axel's death were abhorrent and should not be tolerated.
      Subbanator7667 liked this.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 9:04 a.m.
      Shibbal18
      Karlsson maybe the first shoe to drop, he said he wants out now and will refuse the extension they were going to offer him July 1 no matter what salary is offered
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 9:09 a.m.
      Quoting: Shibbal18
      Karlsson maybe the first shoe to drop, he said he wants out now and will refuse the extension they were going to offer him July 1 no matter what salary is offered

Oh Karlsson is absolutely gone, and I do not blame him at all. But Hoffman also needs to be gone.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 9:10 a.m.
      it reflects poorly on Hoffman

Only IF the allegations are proved, and IF Hoffman knew about it. He clearly believes them to be false and is standing up for himself and his girlfriend - admirable trait, especially considering they've been found guilty already in the court of public opinion.
      Jun. 13, 2018 at 9:21 a.m.
      #LeafsFever
      Honestly, I don't think this hurts Mike Hoffman's trade value at all. While the sports world is often quick (and sometimes rightly so) to criticize such alleged bad behavior, that's usually from a player directly and not someone like a girlfriend, wife or family member. If anything, these allegations probably light a fire under the seats of the Sens hockey ops to rid themselves of this situation and trade Mike Hoffman at the draft (aka as soon as possible). Also, this probably will fuel speculation that Karlsson's time in Ottawa is done. His family had been through a lot already and might want a change of scenery.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll