SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2 picks in top 10 get TRADED!

2 picks in top 10 get TRADED!

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: MTWings
Published: Jun. 14, 2018 at 4:26 a.m.
Description
Two trades in top 10 with Detroit picking 7th right after 6th. Option to trade 33 and 36, along with 30 if asking price is higher than 67 instead of 36. Arizona also moves back once Tkachuk is selected in order to get both of the Isles picks at 11 & 12.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
2Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
5Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Zona trades this pick to the Isles for 11 and 12.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
7Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Detroit trades up from 30 along with 33 and 67 to get 7.
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
9Logo of the New York Rangers-
10Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
11Logo of the New York Islanders-With first of two picks, Zona takes most underrated D in draft.
12Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesZona then drafts a big center with next acquired pick.
13Logo of the Dallas Stars-
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis Blues
15Logo of the Florida Panthers-
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
17Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
18Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
19Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
23Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
26Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville Predators
28Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
30Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsVancouver takes the first player of their rebuild, after the trade with Detroit.
31Logo of the Washington Capitals-
Jun. 14, 2018 at 4:34 a.m.
tears of joy :
Vancouver is not trading the 7th for the 30th, 33rd and 67th. I cannot see that happening even though its probably not far off if JB sees a lot of talent in that range.

30, 33 and 36 for the 7th is interesting though... coupled with Van's 37th, JB would really have to have his **** together to walk away from 1 sure thing into 3 maybes.
Jun. 14, 2018 at 5:48 a.m.
Totally understand your viewpoint, hence why I added the other option in the description of adding in another 2nd if 67 isn't good enough, but again, like you said, it is Benning lol. Ironically, I can see Detroit doing this with 6th which would really upset me. They've had enough middle to late picks, it is time to start picking from the top. My logic for Vancouver doing this is maybe Benning wants the depth to spark the rebuild since he lost the Twins.
Jun. 14, 2018 at 9:42 a.m.
Not to sure about picking Merkly in the 11 spot......
Jun. 14, 2018 at 10:20 a.m.
Quoting: BruinsBoy4

The more I read about him, the more I think he has the potential for being that draft day riser. He very well could stay mid-round but I'm going on a hunch.
Jun. 14, 2018 at 10:46 a.m.
Quoting: MTWings
The more I read about him, the more I think he has the potential for being that draft day riser. He very well could stay mid-round but I'm going on a hunch.

I see what your saying. Merkly is the type of guy who can go top 10 or fall out of the first round. I got the Rangers taking a chance on this guy just because of how many picks they have. Ryan is probably the biggest wild card in this draft.
Jun. 14, 2018 at 10:51 a.m.
Quoting: BruinsBoy4

With having the back to back picks I could easily see them taking Merkly with one of those picks. He could end up being one of the best D-man in the draft. Or he could be a bust
Jun. 14, 2018 at 1:24 p.m.
Yeah, I don't see Vancouver doing this trade. IF they want 2nd round picks, they can start selling off their players.
Jun. 14, 2018 at 7:55 p.m.
Quoting: MTWings
Totally understand your viewpoint, hence why I added the other option in the description of adding in another 2nd if 67 isn't good enough, but again, like you said, it is Benning lol. Ironically, I can see Detroit doing this with 6th which would really upset me. They've had enough middle to late picks, it is time to start picking from the top. My logic for Vancouver doing this is maybe Benning wants the depth to spark the rebuild since he lost the Twins.

Yeah, I think like most fans, after the top 15 the waters get pretty muddy on who will go next as the latter half of the 1st round and into the rest of the draft is often about selecting the best player based on need.
If the Canucks have 3-6 guys on their list in the late 1st early 2nd window, then why not. This draft is supposed to be fairly deep into the 2nd and 3rd round to get some decent NHL prospects, unlike last year where the dropoff was like 2/3rds of the way through the 1st where the odds kept getting longer and longer.

I personally would like to see the Canucks flip the 7th for the 11th and 12th, could maybe get Kotkaniemi and Bouchard/Boqvist there, and definitely Velano/Smith/Merkley...
MTWings liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll