SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Conor Sheary

Jun. 19, 2018 at 10:09 a.m.
I am reading many Armchair-GM ideas with Conor Sheary being traded.

Sheary is owed $6,000,000 with two years remaining on his current contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent in 2020.

The Penguins will need to make a trade in order to promote Daniel Sprong to the National Hockey League, create cap space, and restock the farm. Who in the Penguins' system could replace and be an upgrade of Sheary?
Jun. 19, 2018 at 10:56 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: IceDragon
I am reading many Armchair-GM ideas with Conor Sheary being traded.

Sheary is owed $6,000,000 with two years remaining on his current contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent in 2020.

The Penguins will need to make a trade in order to promote Daniel Sprong to the National Hockey League, create cap space, and restock the farm. Who in the Penguins' system could replace and be an upgrade of Sheary?

ZAR or simon
Jun. 20, 2018 at 8:57 a.m.
Edited Jun. 20, 2018 at 9:11 a.m.. Reason: bottom six and defensive help
i dont know about sprong .. sully has had multiple opportunities to call up sprong and called up aston-reese simon 1st. i dont think sprong lasts i think he gets traded along with sheary and hunwick. jordy bellerive almost made it onto roster last year. if the auto accident wasnt severe i think he has a good chance to make the team this year but that still leaves us in dire need of at least 2 d-men nothing in the pipeline even remotely nhl ready. no idea who we should even look at for bottom 6... carolina may be a good place to look for d-depth. double cup hangover finally that and zero puck luck. hopefully with a long summer the pens will be refreshed and ready. the pipeline has been wrung dry with all the trades. need to start looking ahead to the future to a certain extent. keeping draft picks.
IceDragon liked this.
Jun. 20, 2018 at 11:33 a.m.
If Daniel Sprong is losing out to better players in the farm, he will not be in the Pittsburgh Penguins system. The earliest Sprong could depart would be a trade at the draft or early in the 2018-2019 regular season.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 2:39 a.m.
no qualifing offer to riley sheahan i dont like that i think he makes a good 4th line center pker. i would prefer to see rust sheary sprong hunwick all traded for help on 5/6 dmen calen addison has some upside but he is at least 1 maybe 2 years away. rust despite play with malkin and kessel more then half the season only managed 30 pts. sheary was way down in pts when taken away from sid. shearys game is too inconsistant . sprong hunwick and 2nd round pick to carolina for bean or faulk would make my day
Jun. 26, 2018 at 2:55 a.m.
in all honesty i would love to see the penguins fall flat this year and be a seller at the trade deadline hagelin and few others could be sold for picks. next years draft could very well produce the heirs to crosby and malkin. despite 4 picks this year i think we did very well. But we need a big draft with a few blue chips in it to help with another big push to a few more cup. i think malkin would really benifit moving to the wing and mentoring a young center. malkin is still one of the most elite player but he is horrible at face offs. matta and letang trade rumors not sure i believe either of them. should be an interesting summer. maybe if we can open up some cap space jvr would be nice winger for us but i dont think he will be cheap. i think we have some young player who could have an impact. aston reese, johnson, bellerieve, miletic and maybe a few others. miss playoffs sell brassard sheary hagelin. big draft in '19 reload free agency.. and go for a few more cups
Jun. 26, 2018 at 3:02 a.m.
oh ya casey desmith im not sold on him being the backup to murray. murray had rough season on and off the ice last year i think he needs a veteran to back him up ward or bernier would be better then desmith. jarry is too good for the minors. glad im not the gm too many decision to make.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 12:47 p.m.
Seeing how Bryan Rust has been extended for four years and the Penguins being in position to make trades and create cap space, has the likelihood of trading Sheary increased?
Jun. 27, 2018 at 1:15 p.m.
The Penguins resolved Sheary by trading him and Matt Hunwick to the Buffalo Sabres for a 2019 fourth round draft pick.
Jun. 27, 2018 at 3:29 p.m.
hopefully that becomes a 3rd rounder at the trade deadline
Jun. 27, 2018 at 4:11 p.m.
clear out hagelin and brassard .. welcome to pitts jt.. crobsy 1a malkin 1b tavares 1c

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll