EDM
                Ryan Strome
                NYI
                  Jordan Eberle
                  EDM
                  BOS
                  1. Lucic, Milan
                  Additional Details:
                  Imagine not giving this man $6 million for 7 years...
                  Buyouts
                  DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the NYI
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  Logo of the EDM
                  ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
                  21$75,000,000$74,686,998$0$2,730,000$313,002

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
                  $3,000,000$3,000,000
                  LW
                  UFA - 2
                  $12,500,000$12,500,000
                  C
                  UFA - 8
                  $6,000,000$6,000,000
                  RW
                  UFA - 1
                  $1,500,000$1,500,000
                  LW, RW
                  UFA - 2
                  Barzal, Mathew
                  $863,333$863,333
                  $8,500,000$8,500,000
                  C, LW
                  UFA - 7
                  $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$230,000$230K)
                  RW
                  RFA - 3
                  $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
                  RW
                  UFA - 1
                  $675,000$675,000
                  LW, C
                  UFA - 1
                  $6,000,000$6,000,000
                  LW, C
                  UFA - 3
                  $1,950,000$1,950,000
                  RW
                  UFA - 2
                  $650,000$650,000
                  RW, LW
                  UFA - 1
                  $800,000$800,000
                  RW, LW
                  UFA - 1
                  Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
                  $4,167,000$4,167,000
                  LD
                  UFA - 5
                  $5,500,000$5,500,000
                  RD
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 2
                  $4,166,666$4,166,666
                  G
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 1
                  $5,500,000$5,500,000
                  LD/RD
                  NMC
                  UFA - 3
                  $1,900,000$1,900,000
                  RD
                  UFA - 2
                  $2,500,000$2,500,000
                  G
                  NMC
                  UFA - 1
                  $4,000,000$4,000,000
                  LD/RD
                  NMC
                  UFA - 3
                  $1,062,500$1,062,500
                  G
                  UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
                  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 2:57 p.m.
                  LongtimeLeafsufferer
                  How Does This Man Have a Job???? Vic to answer you question, it's a phenomena in business. The person or persons that hires someone are often reluctant to fire that person. Either they truly think he's the right guy or it reflects badly on them that they made mistake in hiring the person in the first place.
                  AlphaHockey65 liked this.
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 3:04 p.m.
                  IgorKutchakokov
                  To be fair no guarantee ya'll take Barzal - but overall I completely agree, losers in every trade haha.
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 3:11 p.m.
                  Ban Price trades
                  There were a ton of warning signs when he was booted out of BeanTown. Oilers fans were desperate for a change that didn't involve a member of the OBC. At the time, I even thought Chiarelli was a godsend. The Reinhart trade was unspectacular, and I was disappointed but I had a bit of faith: maybe the organization knew something I didn't (spoiler, they didn't).

I remember being very upset about the Hall trade. I was annoyed by the Eberle trade because I could see it coming from a mile away and wanted to be wrong. Schultz needed to go, and not because he was a wreck, but so he could get away from this town's media and generally-stupid fanbase (most of the ones here are part of the intelligent group - it's the average knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Edmonton Oiler fans that make cheering for this team unbearable). The Montoya trade was stupid - he had to do something to address the goaltending and completely whiffed - but I'm not sure if that's on him or the pro scouting. The Letestu/Aberg swap was strange, and I felt a late pick could have been added, but I'm content with the return. Why he felt the need to pay to acquire Vesey is beyond me, but because that call comes from the half-decent group of amateur scouts the Oilers employ, I have a feeling they might know what they're up to with that one.

The Sekera signing, at the time, was a necessity, and was only a year or two too long in my opinion. Had he not gotten hurt, he wouldn't be the financial burden he is currently looking to be. His WC performance has me optimistic, and I'm hoping with additional rehab time and limited minutes he can pull some value. I wasn't a fan of the term attached to Lucic. I'm eager to see him bounce back next year because it's pretty much the only option this team has for managing his anchor of a contract. The Russell signing was moronic in all senses, but if he's paid $1M less, I doubt anybody really gripes about him (save for his signature starfish move, useless f*ck). The Koskinen, Caggiula, and Kassian signings are baffling, but I can can sort of see why they cost as much as they do. They aren't perfect in any means, and the combined amount that they've been overpaid by could afford another quality roster player or be the difference in having been able to afford Nurse at >4M.

Why he bought out Pouliot when he did was mystifying. As is the recent Gryba buyout. Another $1.6M wasted.

Not everything he's done has been flat-out awful though - and hear me when I say I'm not defending him. Talbot for the price he paid was a steal (read: gift from Slats to the Oilers faithful). Maroon was an absolute hosing of the Ducks. The Scrivens/Kassian swap was a win. Both Davidson trades were actually pretty good. Acquiring Nilsson was a decent move and didn't cost the organization anything substantial. Benning, despite the odd wart, is looking to be a really good acquisition. If Rattie works alongside McDavid, he's more free money. There's a lot working against Chiarelli in terms of what he inherited vs what he's left with. Personally, I can't wait until Keith Gretzky is the GM. His work with scouting has been fantastic, and he's actually earned the position he's in. I really think the professional scouting department needs a drastic and immediate overhaul. If I had to grade Chiarelli on his work, he's probably looking at a C or C-. His work has been largely unacceptable, but those shouldn't take away from the good he has done.
                  CD282 liked this.
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 3:13 p.m.
                  Quoting: IgorKutchakokov
                  To be fair no guarantee ya'll take Barzal - but overall I completely agree, losers in every trade haha.

Literally anybody picked after #16 in the first round is better than trading for Reinhart lmao

1 17 Winnipeg Kyle Connor
                  1 18 Ottawa Thomas Chabot
                  1 19 Detroit Evgeny Svechnikov
                  1 20 Minnesota Joel Eriksson Ek
                  1 21 Ottawa Colin White
                  1 22 Washington Ilya Samsonov
                  1 23 Vancouver Brock Boeser
                  1 24 Philadelphia Travis Konecny
                  1 25 Winnipeg Jack Roslovic C
                  1 26 Montreal Noah Juulsen
                  1 27 Anaheim Jacob Larsson
                  1 28 NY Islanders Anthony Beauvillier
                  1 29 Columbus Gabriel Carlsson
                  1 30 Arizona Nick Merkley
                  CD282 liked this.
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 3:17 p.m.
                  Quoting: BeterChiarelli
                  There were a ton of warning signs when he was booted out of BeanTown. Oilers fans were desperate for a change that didn't involve a member of the OBC. At the time, I even thought Chiarelli was a godsend. The Reinhart trade was unspectacular, and I was disappointed but I had a bit of faith: maybe the organization knew something I didn't (spoiler, they didn't).

I remember being very upset about the Hall trade. I was annoyed by the Eberle trade because I could see it coming from a mile away and wanted to be wrong. Schultz needed to go, and not because he was a wreck, but so he could get away from this town's media and generally-stupid fanbase (most of the ones here are part of the intelligent group - it's the average knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Edmonton Oiler fans that make cheering for this team unbearable). The Montoya trade was stupid - he had to do something to address the goaltending and completely whiffed - but I'm not sure if that's on him or the pro scouting. The Letestu/Aberg swap was strange, and I felt a late pick could have been added, but I'm content with the return. Why he felt the need to pay to acquire Vesey is beyond me, but because that call comes from the half-decent group of amateur scouts the Oilers employ, I have a feeling they might know what they're up to with that one.

The Sekera signing, at the time, was a necessity, and was only a year or two too long in my opinion. Had he not gotten hurt, he wouldn't be the financial burden he is currently looking to be. His WC performance has me optimistic, and I'm hoping with additional rehab time and limited minutes he can pull some value. I wasn't a fan of the term attached to Lucic. I'm eager to see him bounce back next year because it's pretty much the only option this team has for managing his anchor of a contract. The Russell signing was moronic in all senses, but if he's paid $1M less, I doubt anybody really gripes about him (save for his signature starfish move, useless f*ck). The Koskinen, Caggiula, and Kassian signings are baffling, but I can can sort of see why they cost as much as they do. They aren't perfect in any means, and the combined amount that they've been overpaid by could afford another quality roster player or be the difference in having been able to afford Nurse at >4M.

Why he bought out Pouliot when he did was mystifying. As is the recent Gryba buyout. Another $1.6M wasted.

Not everything he's done has been flat-out awful though - and hear me when I say I'm not defending him. Talbot for the price he paid was a steal (read: gift from Slats to the Oilers faithful). Maroon was an absolute hosing of the Ducks. The Scrivens/Kassian swap was a win. Both Davidson trades were actually pretty good. Acquiring Nilsson was a decent move and didn't cost the organization anything substantial. Benning, despite the odd wart, is looking to be a really good acquisition. If Rattie works alongside McDavid, he's more free money. There's a lot working against Chiarelli in terms of what he inherited vs what he's left with. Personally, I can't wait until Keith Gretzky is the GM. His work with scouting has been fantastic, and he's actually earned the position he's in. I really think the professional scouting department needs a drastic and immediate overhaul. If I had to grade Chiarelli on his work, he's probably looking at a C or C-. His work has been largely unacceptable, but those shouldn't take away from the good he has done.

Yeah he really did get a good deal when getting Talbot. But considering that we only saw one year of McDavid and Hall on the same team, it kind of begs the question of what if? Hall was undeniably the better player in that deal. Although, Larsson is a good defencemen, it def should not have been a one for one
                  BeterChiarelli liked this.
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 3:19 p.m.
                  Quoting: IgorKutchakokov

not an Oilers fan but I am actually mad at the fact that Hall-McDavid didn't become a long term thing lol
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 3:28 p.m.

Gryba was bought out?
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
                  Love that forward corps. I would go:

Nuge - McDavid - Puljujarvi
                  Hall - Draisaitl - Eberle
                  Khaira - Barzal - Yamamoto (kid line)
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 3:37 p.m.
                  Ban Price trades
                  Quoting: CD282
                  Gryba was bought out?

This morning. $300k cap hit this year and next. Decided not to loan him to another AHL team for reasons unknown.
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 3:46 p.m.
                  JLuque
                  don't forget trading:
                  Wheeler for Rich Peverley
                  2nd rd for Chris Kelly
                  Brett Connolly and Boychuck for picks
                  tyler Seguin for Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
                  This morning. $300k cap hit this year and next. Decided not to loan him to another AHL team for reasons unknown.

WHY???? His cap hit was 100% buried in the AHL, and he had only one year left. Chiarelli really baffles me. ZERO common sense. shakes head
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 4:36 p.m.
                  Ban Price trades
                  Quoting: CD282
                  WHY???? His cap hit was 100% buried in the AHL, and he had only one year left. Chiarelli really baffles me. ZERO common sense. shakes head

Only sensible thing I can come up with is it frees up a contract spot. Besides that, yeah. Very stupid move.
                  Jun. 21, 2018 at 5:13 p.m.
                  Only sensible thing I can come up with is it frees up a contract spot. Besides that, yeah. Very stupid move.

But they only have 39 contracts with just 5 more NHL roster spots. Last year they ran 49, so that explanation doesn't hold up.

To create a post please Login or Register
                  Question:
                  Options:
                  Add Option
                  Submit Poll