SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Krak’s Mock

Krak’s Mock

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: krakowitz
Published: Jun. 22, 2018 at 9:59 a.m.
Description
Last half of the second round was just thrown out there, entire second round doesn’t count for GM Game challenge
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Slam dunk
2Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Another slam dunk
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Assuming no trades, Montreal takes their center
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Big forward to play C or wing
5Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-D should be the focus, and I see Hughes being the best all around defenseman after Dahlin. Could see any of Hughes, Boqvist, Dobson or Bouchard
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Dynamic winger, Wings take BPA and get Larkin’s winger
7Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-They said their guy was a defenseman, and I see Dobson being their guy. Bouchard is the second most likely IMO
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Steady and plays a Chicago-style game. If his skating was better he’d be pushing into the top 5 easily
9Logo of the New York Rangers-Dynamic winger with a big shot, Rangers get a top 5 talent due to a run on D
10Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Assuming the pick isn’t traded, Boqvist can be the PP quarterback for years to come
11Logo of the New York Islanders-Big winger who can skate and score. They already have Bellows who is a similar player
12Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesIf they can’t bring JT back, then they take a guy who can form a powerful 1-2 down the middle with Barzal long term
13Logo of the Dallas Stars-They’re gonna need a 2C behind Seguin, and Hayton is the best option for them here. Should easily be a 3C at worst
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesFalls a little bit here, but the Flyers get a more skilled LHD to work with. BPA
15Logo of the Florida Panthers-Skill guy who fits what they want to do long term. Florida doesn’t seem too worried about the Russian factor
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-One of my personal favorite picks in the draft. Big defenseman with skill offensively and steady defensively. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he goes higher
17Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Well rounded winger, a little bit of Kucherov in his game. Good pick for NJ with a growing group of young forwards
18Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Versatile guy that can play all three forward positions, and played very well against men in the SHL. Underrated pick for me here
19Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-The heir to Wayne Simmonds if you will. Power guy that knows how to get dirty in front. I personally am not very high on him, but he’s still a solid plauer
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Really good playmaker that can play center or wing. Fits a faster game the Kings want moving forward
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-One of my favorite picks in the draft, San Jose gets a top four LHD that I can see playing on the top pair. He’s smart and steady in his own end, along with some nice offensive capaba
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsTwo way center that’s also a good playmaker. Sorta reminds me of a Nick Backstrom type
23Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Really well rounded guy, and with Kesler and Getzlaf getting up there in age, it makes sense to grab a guy that can fit into the top six
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Solid defenseman with second pairing upside. Relatively safe pick, and given Minnesota has a lot of boom/bust guys, a safe pick is a smart choice
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-They get a player who can be a 2C or 3C long term, which is one thing that they’re lacking. Dubas is an analytics guy, so I can see this being a fit.
26Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston BruinsThe big wild card of the draft. Given that they have three firsts, they can afford to take this chance on a guy with all the upside in the world. They already have DeAngelo, so they obviously believe they can fix them
27Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville PredatorsReally like this kid. Dynamic skill guy with speed, plays a modern game. He’s more NHL ready than he looks
28Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningPasta 2.0, I love everything about his game. Size, can shoot, good hands, excellent passer, everything you want in a modern day winger
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg JetsBlues grab a LHD, since that’s one thing they could use in the organization. Top four upside for him, would make a great pair with either Pietrangelo or Parayko
30Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsBest name in the draft by far. Detroit gets a really solid defenseman to work with in their top four long term
31Logo of the Washington Capitals-Works really well with high skill guys, should fit with either Kuznetsov or Backstrom long term.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 10:07 a.m.
Banned
As a Wings fan, I approve of this draft. Zadina, Zadina, Zadina.
krakowitz liked this.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 11:09 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Larkinisking
As a Wings fan, I approve of this draft. Zadina, Zadina, Zadina.

I think he falls a bit just due to preference, similar to Seth Jones like 5 years ago
Jun. 22, 2018 at 11:20 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: krakowitz
I think he falls a bit just due to preference, similar to Seth Jones like 5 years ago

It's quite possible Montreal take Kotkaniemi at #3 Possibly Ottawa goes D especially if Karlsson leaves heard they like Hughes and Arizona at #5 probably goes Tkachuk so i wouldn't rule out Zadina falling to DET at #6. I've seen a lot of good player fall big time in last years draft.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 11:58 a.m.
Switch Woo with Tychonick then i be a happy camper
Jun. 22, 2018 at 12:01 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DetroitBadBoyz
Switch Woo with Tychonick then i be a happy camper

Yeah he’s a guy that I’ve seen rising the past couple days

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll