Forums/Armchair-GM

Kessel Announcement.

Created by: tozzy2205
Team: 2018-19 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 22, 2018
Published: Jun. 22, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just wan't to say... Can we stop trading Kessel on this for like a couple of 15 goal scorers and a prospect that noone has heard of... Im seeing Penguins fans drawing these up and I can't help but to think that they draw these up on recess time at school. Sites going to have to have an age limit if this keeps up
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
17$79,500,000$67,342,392$0$132,500$12,157,608
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,800,000$6,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$734,167$734,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 5
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 22, 2018 at 11:53 a.m.
All of the Kessel trades I have seen have been fair. The prospects are not bad ones, they are B+ to A- level prospects.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 11:56 a.m.
Who cares what they post? This is the internet, anyone can do anything (within the rules of course) and there's nothing you can do about it.

Public service announcement for all posters:

You have the ability to block posters on Capfriendly so if you see post you don't like from people you really don't agree with, do everyone a favor and block them!. Don't post a AGM telling everyone you don't like what they are posting.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 11:58 a.m.
Quoting: PierreLucDubois
All of the Kessel trades I have seen have been fair. The prospects are not bad ones, they are B+ to A- level prospects.

Nah someone said Parayko, 1st, Kyrou, and Fabbri
Jun. 22, 2018 at 11:59 a.m.
Quoting: PierreLucDubois

That’s what I call bad overpayment and bad judgement on the skill set Kessel has and he is in his 30s he isn’t a team superstar anymore.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Who cares what they post? This is the internet, anyone can do anything (within the rules of course) and there's nothing you can do about it.

Public service announcement for all posters:

You have the ability to block posters on Capfriendly so if you see post you don't like from people you really don't agree with, do everyone a favor and block them!. Don't post a AGM telling everyone you don't like what they are posting.

Also, don't comment then. Thanks... Works both ways bucko!
hockeyfanatic05 liked this.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 12:02 p.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
That’s what I call bad overpayment and bad judgement on the skill set Kessel has and he is in his 30s he isn’t a team superstar anymore.

I agree major overpayment for that one and another useless post forsure. However, a guy that scores 92 points is actually still a superstar.
awesome liked this.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 1:07 p.m.
See my trades from last week....

Groundhog Day
tozzy2205 liked this.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Quoting: tozzy2205
Also, don't comment then. Thanks... Works both ways bucko!

Lol Yeah yeah yeah you showed me! rolling eyes
Jun. 22, 2018 at 2:13 p.m.
most of them are terrible underpayments(one for one for lesser quality players) or for a package of mediocre guys. I have seen a few reasonable ones where the penguins get a few solid players back but they are few and far between.
tozzy2205 liked this.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 4:54 p.m.
Banned

lol yeah sure a guy who scores 90+ points on a 6.8 mil contract at 30 is clearly not worth having on your team.
Oh did I mention his contract ends at age 33, so you don't get roped in for all those years of decline after. Yeah that's such a horrible player, clearly worth a 4th liner and some scraps.

Lets just trade him for a bag of pucks and get him out of here.
awesome liked this.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 6:46 p.m.
Quoting: pharrow
lol yeah sure a guy who scores 90+ points on a 6.8 mil contract at 30 is clearly not worth having on your team.
Oh did I mention his contract ends at age 33, so you don't get roped in for all those years of decline after. Yeah that's such a horrible player, clearly worth a 4th liner and some scraps.

Lets just trade him for a bag of pucks and get him out of here.

Kyrou 100 Point scorer 2 we don’t need wingers 3 Id rather get Draisaitl. 4 you don’t know how long kessel’s 90 Point production will last if even at all because he had Crosby Malkin Guentzel.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 6:48 p.m.
Kyrou 100 Point scorer 2 we don’t need wingers 3 Id rather get Draisaitl. 4 you don’t know how long kessel’s 90 Point production will last if even at all because he had Crosby Malkin Guentzel.

5 Brassard isn’t a great contract either.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 6:51 p.m.

And Thomas is also a third line with top line upside. So yea overpayment. Doesn’t work or the Blues try again BUCKO!!!!!
Jun. 22, 2018 at 6:53 p.m.
Banned

WHERE???? when did he score 100 pts in the NHL?????

Are you really that thick that you think scoring 100 points in the OHL is even remotely the same thing as scoring 90+ points in the NHL?
Like 3/4 of all NHL players from the canadian hockey leagues have scored 90-100 points in the canadian hockey leagues. The penguins have 3 of them on their roaster alone. Sprong, Miletic, and Jordy B.
Are you really going to tell me the Pens have 3 kessels right there.. I mean HOLD ME BACK we will clearly dominate next year!!!!!!!!
awesome liked this.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 6:57 p.m.
WHERE???? when did he score 100 pts in the NHL?????

Are you really that thick that you think scoring 100 points in the OHL is even remotely the same thing as scoring 90+ points in the NHL?
Like 3/4 of all NHL players from the canadian hockey leagues have scored 90-100 points in the canadian hockey leagues. The penguins have 3 of them on their roaster alone. Sprong, Miletic, and Jordy B.
Are you really going to tell me the Pens have 3 kessels right there.. I mean HOLD ME BACK we will clearly dominate next year!!!!!!!!

Your a Pittsburgh fan???? Well you should know you got dominated by a younger team in Washington. I also want to let you know. You think to highly of your players. Also I would like to tell you Kessel is 30 and when do players go downhill?? Mine as well go for Draisaitl instead dipshit. Get more years out of him.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 7:10 p.m.

And Thomas is also a third line with top line upside. So yea overpayment. Doesn’t work or the Blues try again BUCKO!!!!!

you clearly know nothing about the penguins. kessel never played with Crosby, rarely with guentzel, and only occasionally with malkin. Even strength he has played a lot on the third line. As for brassard he is only owed 3million but not sure what that has to do with kessel. As for kyrou, I am 100% sure he has never scored 100 in the NHL, you know who has come close to 100 though? kessel, LAST SEASON. its not like he is 3 or 4 years removed and 35. He is 30, on a very reasonable deal, coming off a 90+ point season.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 7:20 p.m.
Quoting: awesome
you clearly know nothing about the penguins. kessel never played with Crosby, rarely with guentzel, and only occasionally with malkin. Even strength he has played a lot on the third line. As for brassard he is only owed 3million but not sure what that has to do with kessel. As for kyrou, I am 100% sure he has never scored 100 in the NHL, you know who has come close to 100 though? kessel, LAST SEASON. its not like he is 3 or 4 years removed and 35. He is 30, on a very reasonable deal, coming off a 90+ point season.

He also is playing with Hornqvist. And where is he is going to play? You can’t seriously say that he is gonna be able to keep up forever. I’d rather have a Draisaitl who can probably get closed to that for quite a bit longer as well. That’s taking are future down not building it up. And Armstrong is going for FUTURE. If you haven’t noticed KESSEL isn’t FUTURE.
Jun. 22, 2018 at 7:25 p.m.
He also is playing with Hornqvist. And where is he is going to play? You can’t seriously say that he is gonna be able to keep up forever. I’d rather have a Draisaitl who can probably get closed to that for quite a bit longer as well. That’s taking are future down not building it up. And Armstrong is going for FUTURE. If you haven’t noticed KESSEL isn’t FUTURE.

Hornqvist is the same position as kessel, RW. For the record I never said the penguins should trade kessel to the blues, I do not think the pens should trade kessel at all unless they get a significant enough return back.
That is more about the two teams not being a good trade fit for each other rather than kessel not having good value.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 1:01 a.m.
Banned
Your a Pittsburgh fan???? Well you should know you got dominated by a younger team in Washington. I also want to let you know. You think to highly of your players. Also I would like to tell you Kessel is 30 and when do players go downhill?? Mine as well go for Draisaitl instead dipshit. Get more years out of him.

Yeah Malkin was 31 last year. He finished 4th in the NHL in points at 98. Clearly on the decline. We should have traded him at 30. Why didn't stupid GMJR send him out for a bag of pucks when he had the opportunity.

Your "100 point" player will be lucky to score 50+ pts in the NHL when he gets there. Yet you tell me I over value players. You got a player who, puts up 100 pts in a league playing against 18-19 year olds and you think he's a better player than Kessel and I over value players tears of joy

You want to sit here bragging about a guy who needed 4 years to crack the 100 point mark in the OHL. Most players who go to the pros only play 3 seasons in the canadian leagues. 3! Sprong was there for 2 1/2. If not less.
And you act like putting up 100 points against a bunch of 17 to 19 year olds is the same as putting up 100 points in the NHL. 95%+ of his competition in the canadian leagues will never see an NHL roaster because they aren't good enough.
Hell the Brassard player you are bashing put up 116 points when he was in the QMJHL. And look how much harder it in the NHL! He's never even cracked 60 points. But your guy is a 100 pt player tears of joy One of the best players out the canadian leagues in years is Dubois, who dwarfs your player and he couldn't even crack 50 points. But hey, unlike your guy he actually got into the Pros at 19 while your guy was playing with kids because he wasn't good enough. But hey,. he's the next McDavid right? I mean if he's so great why didn't he play in the AHL last year at least?

Honestly, you are clueless about hockey
awesome liked this.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 2:00 a.m.
Yeah Malkin was 31 last year. He finished 4th in the NHL in points at 98. Clearly on the decline. We should have traded him at 30. Why didn't stupid GMJR send him out for a bag of pucks when he had the opportunity.

Your "100 point" player will be lucky to score 50+ pts in the NHL when he gets there. Yet you tell me I over value players. You got a player who, puts up 100 pts in a league playing against 18-19 year olds and you think he's a better player than Kessel and I over value players tears of joy

You want to sit here bragging about a guy who needed 4 years to crack the 100 point mark in the OHL. Most players who go to the pros only play 3 seasons in the canadian leagues. 3! Sprong was there for 2 1/2. If not less.
And you act like putting up 100 points against a bunch of 17 to 19 year olds is the same as putting up 100 points in the NHL. 95%+ of his competition in the canadian leagues will never see an NHL roaster because they aren't good enough.
Hell the Brassard player you are bashing put up 116 points when he was in the QMJHL. And look how much harder it in the NHL! He's never even cracked 60 points. But your guy is a 100 pt player tears of joy One of the best players out the canadian leagues in years is Dubois, who dwarfs your player and he couldn't even crack 50 points. But hey, unlike your guy he actually got into the Pros at 19 while your guy was playing with kids because he wasn't good enough. But hey,. he's the next McDavid right? I mean if he's so great why didn't he play in the AHL last year at least?

You are honestly that clueless???? It’s called development. You might want to learn the term. It’s where you try to make a player’s skills better. I’m pretty sure I never saw Artemi Panarin score 100 point in a junior League. What is he doing right now???? I’m very happy with. Solid lineup of Prospects. You make me laugh. When a kid starts hockey he has to work for it. The only cap on a kids potential is his own will to work for it. It’s very funny cause you don’t work your players they come NHL ready. We do what is called development maybe you should go learn what the AHL is and what the coaches do for a living. Maybe you would learn a little more about hockey in general bro.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 2:16 a.m.

So Sidney Crosby and McDavid 100 Point seasons don’t count do they. Oh right your protecting what you want to be right just so your not wrong. That makes complete sense for a person who has never heard of developing players. So if CHL players only score half the amount of Point they would In the CHL. That would mean that Sidney Crosby would only have just over 50 points if I’m doing your dumbass logic right. Stop me if I’m wrong McDavid’s CHL 44G And 76A. By your logic he should only be scoring 22G and 38A??? What how dumb does that sound??? Yes so your logic doesn’t really work because it can’t just be Kyrou no no no it has to be the entire NHL. So Patrick Kane had 102 points so I guess when he had his career his peak would be 51 points basically the same thing right. I’m mean they both scored 100 points both a Right Winger both a Prospect. But in NHL since it’s so difficult only half the points show up. Wow that makes perfect sense Dumbass. Try again. You’re the one clueless about hockey dumbass.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 2:25 a.m.

Also because they didn’t have space for him for the year, but hey you can die knowing you were always clueless of what the hell development is. Also hey I mean if It’s so hard for NHL chl players only get half the point in the NHL logic. ******* lol cause McDavid and Crosby had more than half. Lol think before you speak.tears of joy tears of joy
Jun. 23, 2018 at 5:03 a.m.
Banned
Also because they didn’t have space for him for the year, but hey you can die knowing you were always clueless of what the hell development is. Also hey I mean if It’s so hard for NHL chl players only get half the point in the NHL logic. ******* lol cause McDavid and Crosby had more than half. Lol think before you speak.tears of joy tears of joy

Are you really trying to go this route?
Crosby played 2 years in the QMJHL just 2 years there not 4. In his 1st year, he scored 135 points in 59 games as a 16 year old, and as a 17 year old he scored 168 pt in 62 games. Your player......not even close to that. He entered into the NHL at 18. Your player, is 20, never seen 1 puck drop.
I mean really trying to compare the two is straight laughable. McDavid was also playing in the NHL at 18. Yeah they didn't "develop" lol Panarin played in the KHL. A much harder league to play in than the CHL.
McDavid put up 99 points in the OHL when he was 16. Not 20! When he was 17 he put up 120 in 47 games. Your player, 56 games to put up 109 at 19-20 years old. To put it into an even comparison. When kyrou was 17, he put up 51 points in 65 games. So you have a player at 17 who scores 120 in 47 games, and you compare them to a player who at the same age scored 51 points in 65 games. Or a player that put up 168 in 62 games and you think they are on the same level? tears of joy
Let's be honest. Stop embarrassing yourself trying to talk up a player who put up average numbers for an NHL player as a 19 year old to generational talents who put up superior numbers at 16 and 17 years of age. They clearly are not on the same level. Not even close. Crosby put up video game numbers, they aren't even close to the same level.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 12:25 p.m.
Are you really trying to go this route?
Crosby played 2 years in the QMJHL just 2 years there not 4. In his 1st year, he scored 135 points in 59 games as a 16 year old, and as a 17 year old he scored 168 pt in 62 games. Your player......not even close to that. He entered into the NHL at 18. Your player, is 20, never seen 1 puck drop.
I mean really trying to compare the two is straight laughable. McDavid was also playing in the NHL at 18. Yeah they didn't "develop" lol Panarin played in the KHL. A much harder league to play in than the CHL.
McDavid put up 99 points in the OHL when he was 16. Not 20! When he was 17 he put up 120 in 47 games. Your player, 56 games to put up 109 at 19-20 years old. To put it into an even comparison. When kyrou was 17, he put up 51 points in 65 games. So you have a player at 17 who scores 120 in 47 games, and you compare them to a player who at the same age scored 51 points in 65 games. Or a player that put up 168 in 62 games and you think they are on the same level? tears of joy
Let's be honest. Stop embarrassing yourself trying to talk up a player who put up average numbers for an NHL player as a 19 year old to generational talents who put up superior numbers at 16 and 17 years of age. They clearly are not on the same level. Not even close. Crosby put up video game numbers, they aren't even close to the same level.

You said because the NHL is harder chl players only carry half the point to the NHL. That’s wrong and your dumbass logic. And if Kyrou has played 4 years in CHL that’s good for him you wanna know why??? It’s called D E V E L O P M E N T. Maybe you should go look it up in the dictionary. I mean when have you seen Artemi Panarin score 100 point in any junior league.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 7:23 p.m.
Banned
You said because the NHL is harder chl players only carry half the point to the NHL. That’s wrong and your dumbass logic. And if Kyrou has played 4 years in CHL that’s good for him you wanna know why??? It’s called D E V E L O P M E N T. Maybe you should go look it up in the dictionary. I mean when have you seen Artemi Panarin score 100 point in any junior league.

you are clueless. I would not have been good for Crosby or McDavid to waste years in the CHL. Everyone knew that. The same is true for Dubois. They all came over at 18-19 years old. Because their skill set made them Men playing with boys. In order for them to grow and develop they needed better competition. Tells you all you need to know about Kyrou.
And you would be lucky to get a 1/2 point difference between the two. Many players score 100+ points in the CHL and never amount to anything in the NHL. You act like it's some right to greatness. It's not even close to that. Maybe if you hit 160+ points you can come talk to me considering there are a hand full of people who have managed such feats, Gretzky, Mario, Crosby. But honestly, 100 points is nothing. There are multiple players a year who crack 100 pts in the CHL and most of them never amount to anything.

What an over rated bust.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll