(CGY / CAR) - Hanifin, Lindholm for Hamilton, Fox, Ferland

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 26, 2018 at 10:52 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Hockeyplayer1
What happens to Faulk now?
CAR now has 3 first pairing RHD plus TVR.
Slavin - Pesce
Fleury - Hamilton
Dahlbeck/Bean? - TVR

Although the Slavin/Pesce pairing is one of the best in hockey, I think flipping Pesce and Hamilton would provide a lot more balance to their blue line. Slavin is an excellent shot suppressor, while Hamilton is an excellent shot generator so that would be a dynamic top pairing. Fleury is still young, so putting him with the defensively-reliable Pesce would allow him to be more free to take risks in addition to him learning to become more reliable defensively. Dahlbeck is heading to the KHL next season, so I think that would allow Bean to get third pairing ice time with TVR. Although Bean is only 20 and Carrick had a good season in the AHL, so Carrick could get a call up to play on the third pairing.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 12:18 a.m.
Quoting: OshietheBeast
Who's elite? Hamilton? He's 25 and been traded twice. That's far from elite. He's a whiny kid and Calgary got the better part of this deal by a mile. Hamilton forced Bruins to trade him once already.

"He's 25 and been traded twice. That's far from elite"

That literally has NOTHING AT ALL to do with what he does on the ice.....

His stats are elite though.....regular ones& advanced ones.....I'm sure that's irrelevant to you though.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:40 a.m.
Quoting: drewjenks
"He's 25 and been traded twice. That's far from elite"

That literally has NOTHING AT ALL to do with what he does on the ice.....

His stats are elite though.....regular ones& advanced ones.....I'm sure that's irrelevant to you though.

Undermining me makes you feel smarter? Lmao. Stats are important, and of course no one can deny that his performance on the ice might sometimes be on an elite level, his off ice behaviour or locker room presence causes disfunction in the teams that he has played in. If he was simply immature, like Seguin and Carter were before they were traded, he wouldn't have been traded twice already. There's something that you and I can't see that makes him not wanted in teams.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 5:22 p.m.
Edited Jul. 4, 2018 at 5:48 p.m.
Undermining me makes you feel smarter? Lmao. Stats are important, and of course no one can deny that his performance on the ice might sometimes be on an elite level, his off ice behaviour or locker room presence causes disfunction in the teams that he has played in. If he was simply immature, like Seguin and Carter were before they were traded, he wouldn't have been traded twice already. There's something that you and I can't see that makes him not wanted in teams.

"Undermining me makes you feel smarter?"

No it doesn't....I just pointed out that you gave an opinion & then supported it with unrelated evidence.
And that the stats tend to disagree with your opinion (though I'm aware that stats aren't everything).

With that said....

Undermining 24 year old Dougie Hamiltons character makes you feel smarter? - This comment can go both ways.

His behavior was never a problem.
He's quieter than most hockey players & may be a bit on the neurotic side (intelligence alone doesn't get you a 99% average in high-school).
There are a lot nerds in the world....they just don't usually play in the NHL....which might have made him an oddball in a locker room full of bro's.
That doesn't mean he's immature or has behavioral problems....just different than whats normal in his environment.

In terms of the trade.....Given Dougie's age & talent....a smart organization would have:

1. Worked with professionals to help him improve relationships & assimilate to the environment.
2. Traded for other (good) players with similar personality types....to help balance out the dressing room.

Instead....Calgary:

1. Traded him for a similar & younger....but vastly inferior player in Hanafin (his highest upside is what Dougie is now).
2. Swapped forwards with similar talent & potential.
3. Gave away their best defensive prospect (possibly their best prospect in general).

Even if Fox wasn't going to sign in Calgary....he had plenty of trade value on his own....and didn't have to be shoe-horned into this deal.

Calgary lost this trade....and Dougie was worth the full return on his own.
Carolina is about to get a lot better....and DeHaan is just as good as Hanafin at the moment (just less potential).

I'M A LEAF FAN....SO I'M NOT SPECIFICALLY TRYING TO BE BIASED HERE.
BUT IT SEEMS THAT WE DO HAVE A BAD REP....SO TAKE THIS AS YOU'D LIKE.
OshietheBeast liked this.
Jan. 5, 2019 at 9:19 p.m.
Hahaha Carolina already willing to move Hanmilton per Friedman.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 3:04 p.m.
habs_fan
Looking back on it now calgary wins and its not close
Gmonwy liked this.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
WentWughes
Been saying it since day 1 that Calgary won this trade hands down. Know it's not even close.
CD282 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2019 at 10:41 p.m.
Quoting: ProfessorFuzzymuffins
Calgary<--->Carolina
Young top D-Man<--->Young ELITE D-Man
Middle six center<--->Middle six winger
--->Solid defensive prospect

Carolina wins. Not sure exactly what compelled Treliving to okay this deal.

I think you mean:

Calgary<--->Carolina
Younger/Cheaper top D-Man<--->Older/Costlier top D-Man
Younger top 3 FWD with term<--->Older UFA Middle six FWD
--->Defensive prospect who won't sign with either team.
Jan. 27, 2019 at 11:23 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Two good NHLers....Hanifan and Lindholm for Hamilton and one year of Ferland. Flames win big. Fox, he obviously wasn't signing with Calgary and as UFA in August, he's not signing with Carolina either.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 6:03 a.m.
This has aged nicely. Everyone praising the Canes for this deal and Flames are cruising in the top seed, while Canes are shopping what they got from this deal.
Gmonwy liked this.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 6:04 a.m.
"Undermining me makes you feel smarter?"

No it doesn't....I just pointed out that you gave an opinion & then supported it with unrelated evidence.
And that the stats tend to disagree with your opinion (though I'm aware that stats aren't everything).

With that said....

Undermining 24 year old Dougie Hamiltons character makes you feel smarter? - This comment can go both ways.

His behavior was never a problem.
He's quieter than most hockey players & may be a bit on the neurotic side (intelligence alone doesn't get you a 99% average in high-school).
There are a lot nerds in the world....they just don't usually play in the NHL....which might have made him an oddball in a locker room full of bro's.
That doesn't mean he's immature or has behavioral problems....just different than whats normal in his environment.

In terms of the trade.....Given Dougie's age & talent....a smart organization would have:

1. Worked with professionals to help him improve relationships & assimilate to the environment.
2. Traded for other (good) players with similar personality types....to help balance out the dressing room.

Instead....Calgary:

1. Traded him for a similar & younger....but vastly inferior player in Hanafin (his highest upside is what Dougie is now).
2. Swapped forwards with similar talent & potential.
3. Gave away their best defensive prospect (possibly their best prospect in general).

Even if Fox wasn't going to sign in Calgary....he had plenty of trade value on his own....and didn't have to be shoe-horned into this deal.

Calgary lost this trade....and Dougie was worth the full return on his own.
Carolina is about to get a lot better....and DeHaan is just as good as Hanafin at the moment (just less potential).

I'M A LEAF FAN....SO I'M NOT SPECIFICALLY TRYING TO BE BIASED HERE.
BUT IT SEEMS THAT WE DO HAVE A BAD REP....SO TAKE THIS AS YOU'D LIKE.

How bout now?
Feb. 5, 2019 at 7:09 a.m.
How bout now?

I still feel like you were undermining his character without good reason .... and it's clear your still trying to feel smarter .... why else would we be revisiting this?
Mar. 26, 2019 at 7:54 a.m.
I still feel like you were undermining his character without good reason .... and it's clear your still trying to feel smarter .... why else would we be revisiting this?

His character? I'm not. You're the one who went on and on about why Calgary lost this trade. Trying to explain every single piece of the trade, while not really knowing the caliber of Lindholm and Hanifin at all. Go ahead and tell me how stupid I am, but you were wrong here and can't admit it.
Mar. 26, 2019 at 3:47 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
looks like Fox is walking away from Carolina.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 10:48 p.m.
His character? I'm not. You're the one who went on and on about why Calgary lost this trade. Trying to explain every single piece of the trade, while not really knowing the caliber of Lindholm and Hanifin at all. Go ahead and tell me how stupid I am, but you were wrong here and can't admit it.

As I said from the beginning .... Calgary won this trade.
Apr. 2, 2019 at 11:30 a.m.
As I said from the beginning .... Calgary won this trade.

You literally said:

"Calgary lost this trade....and Dougie was worth the full return on his own."
HabsForEver liked this.
Apr. 2, 2019 at 11:20 p.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
You literally said:

"Calgary won this trade....and Dougie wasn't worth this return."

Uhmmm .... you might wan't to read my quote again.

Look up.
Apr. 2, 2019 at 11:35 p.m.
His character? I'm not. Go ahead and tell me how stupid I am, but you were wrong here and can't admit it.

OK your stupid.

But I like that.
Apr. 3, 2019 at 6:10 a.m.
Uhmmm .... you might wan't to read my quote again.

Look up.

You may want to look at your own post from july 4th (above)..where I took that quote from
Apr. 3, 2019 at 3:55 p.m.
You may want to look at your own post from july 4th (above)..where I took that quote from

This one?

Apr. 4, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.
This one?

So pretty much you just wont admit you were wrong lol....good to know.
Apr. 4, 2019 at 1:44 p.m.
Below Market Value
This one?

giphy.gif
Apr. 5, 2019 at 4:22 p.m.
So pretty much you just wont admit you were wrong lol....good to know.

I'm just rubbing the dude.

I didn't predict Lindholm becoming a PPG player outta nowhere and Fox not signing in Carolina ... both were fairly unpredictable.

Those made the difference in the trade and gave CGY the win (Calgary also signed Lindholm / Hanifin to surprisingly good contracts).

Hamilton is still better than Hanifin though.
Apr. 5, 2019 at 4:37 p.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
giphy.gif

Who is that?
Apr. 5, 2019 at 10:39 p.m.
You literally said:

"Calgary lost this trade....and Dougie was worth the full return on his own."

Dude's full of himself. Don't worry about it

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options: