SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Any way to create a 'Preview' option of a Armchair GM team before posting?

Jun. 24, 2018 at 10:54 p.m.
C,mon Leafs...Please
I have been hoping for this as I have made mistakes on layout, some text, etc when it is in the 'creating' mode that we could catch if we could look at it in a preview mode before publishing it.
Jun. 24, 2018 at 11:02 p.m.
That’s a solid idea
Britishbulldog liked this.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 4:59 p.m.
Quoting: Britishbulldog
I have been hoping for this as I have made mistakes on layout, some text, etc when it is in the 'creating' mode that we could catch if we could look at it in a preview mode before publishing it.

Might be a good addition but honestly, what is there that you can't already see and you can always edit the AGM after if you notice something.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 5:59 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
What changes are you expecting to see between the edit page and the published page? ?
Jun. 29, 2018 at 2:10 a.m.
C,mon Leafs...Please
Quoting: Banks
What changes are you expecting to see between the edit page and the published page? ?

Just a couple of things mainly in the 'Description'. The layout and using the Tab to create columns for stats, etc. I have been able to do that in other forums but I haven't figured it out here. With a preview I could get it looking right with a bit of trial and error. (An aside: I can't figure out how to change font colours and things like that.)

The other reason is more personal. Similar to Kijiji and Ebay I like to look at what I have created before showing it to the public. Sometimes with Capgeek I would get a Eureka moment and create a team, print it off and look at it for a while and then realize a major problem with it. Here I have tried to print what I am working on to see what it looks like but it doesn't print well until I publish it but then the public damage is done.

P.S. When I select 'Toronto' with the Armchair GM I wish it would not only include created Toronto teams but also trades that other teams fans did using Toronto players. It might help curb some of the homerism since we could see what another team;s fan thinks the value is of your team's players.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll