Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$80,000,000$74,767,392$0$132,500$5,232,608
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$734,167$734,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,800,000$6,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 5
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD
UFA - 5
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 26, 2018 at 8:58 a.m.
Maybe 1M too much for Kunitz but I like the players and pretty realistic. Maybe take the Million from Kunitz and split between Moore and Nash.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 9:06 a.m.
BigBeardBurns
Well its thw only way he’s gettin a job next year so duh
Jun. 26, 2018 at 9:18 a.m.
AHL Emissary
How does paying out the nose for a washed up Kunitz make the team any better than, say, outbidding the field on Rieder or Duclair? It's nonsense to think Kunitz can still contribute at this level: he was trash last year in the Cullen-esque "old vet on the bottom pairing" role, and he's not gonna improve.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 9:40 a.m.
GO PENS
Quoting: Jake_H
How does paying out the nose for a washed up Kunitz make the team any better than, say, outbidding the field on Rieder or Duclair? It's nonsense to think Kunitz can still contribute at this level: he was trash last year in the Cullen-esque "old vet on the bottom pairing" role, and he's not gonna improve.

I agree that 2.5 Million is too much for Kunitz but to say that he isn't worth having on a 4th line is dumb. You coming on here and telling everyone they are dumb for making a logical team with 30 point guy that costs nothing while giving everyone a one star rating is trash...
awesome and PIT2212 liked this.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 9:54 a.m.
AHL Emissary
Quoting: Mino42
I agree that 2.5 Million is too much for Kunitz but to say that he isn't worth having on a 4th line is dumb. You coming on here and telling everyone they are dumb for making a logical team with 30 point guy that costs nothing while giving everyone a one star rating is trash...

Any roster that has Kunitz on it deserves exactly one star. Hell, he only had one more point than Kuhnhackl did last postseason. Kunitz would be lucky to hit 25 points next year while blocking a legit prospect like Aston-Reese, who could definitely top 30 points next season in a bottom six role. It's bad cap management on top of bad player management without even getting into other misguided moves like Moore, Nash, and Jarry, so it deserves one star.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 10:35 a.m.
Any roster that has Kunitz on it deserves exactly one star. Hell, he only had one more point than Kuhnhackl did last postseason. Kunitz would be lucky to hit 25 points next year while blocking a legit prospect like Aston-Reese, who could definitely top 30 points next season in a bottom six role. It's bad cap management on top of bad player management without even getting into other misguided moves like Moore, Nash, and Jarry, so it deserves one star.

If you move out Sheary you can Play Aston-Reese on the 3rd line like he was before his injury, then having a 4th line with Kunitz and Rust on the wings could be very solid. Also a 4th line left wing is not going to make or break the teams ability to win the cup, because their main issue in the playoffs this year was getting zero help from anyone outside of their top line. Its ludicrous to be so damn critical of bringing in Kunitz on a one year deal.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 11:56 a.m.
AHL Emissary
Quoting: bozie
If you move out Sheary you can Play Aston-Reese on the 3rd line like he was before his injury, then having a 4th line with Kunitz and Rust on the wings could be very solid. Also a 4th line left wing is not going to make or break the teams ability to win the cup, because their main issue in the playoffs this year was getting zero help from anyone outside of their top line. Its ludicrous to be so damn critical of bringing in Kunitz on a one year deal.

What does Kunitz bring to the table that the Pens can't possibly get elsewhere? It's a million dollars down the tubes for a guy that's been declining going on four straight years now, who brings nothing special to the table and will only get worse as time passes. There has to be a better way to fill that spot and use that money.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
New Day
What does Kunitz bring to the table that the Pens can't possibly get elsewhere? It's a million dollars down the tubes for a guy that's been declining going on four straight years now, who brings nothing special to the table and will only get worse as time passes. There has to be a better way to fill that spot and use that money.

All I ever see you do is go online and bash other people’s teams. I can’t remember the last time you made a team. How about you stop being the a**hole that you are and actually comment something that isn’t rude and makes sense. Kunitz would bring a more physical presence to our wingers. Yes we have Hornqvist, but it’s only Hornqvist. And also, Kunitz didn’t have any experience in TB do you really think he will do well with no chemistry. He played for the Pens and would have great chemistry leading to possibly a higher scoring season. So again screw off and how about you make a worthwhile team. And I didn’t know you were JR do you know what’s best for the Pens or not. I think not. This is supposed to be for fun this website and make your own predictions and people comment constructive criticism not your dumb and that is stupid. But hey not my fault you a d bag.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
AHL Emissary
Quoting: PIT2212
All I ever see you do is go online and bash other people’s teams. I can’t remember the last time you made a team. How about you stop being the a**hole that you are and actually comment something that isn’t rude and makes sense. Kunitz would bring a more physical presence to our wingers. Yes we have Hornqvist, but it’s only Hornqvist. And also, Kunitz didn’t have any experience in TB do you really think he will do well with no chemistry. He played for the Pens and would have great chemistry leading to possibly a higher scoring season. So again screw off and how about you make a worthwhile team. And I didn’t know you were JR do you know what’s best for the Pens or not. I think not. This is supposed to be for fun this website and make your own predictions and people comment constructive criticism not your dumb and that is stupid. But hey not my fault you a d bag.

That legendary chemistry with Crosby, who he won't be playing with because he's been replaced by Guentzel? Or the chemistry with Geno that was great in 2012 but meaningless now because Kunitz doesn't belong anywhere near Malkins wing? When people post good teams (rare as that may be) i give them good ratings, and I can only say 100% constructive things about the same topic so many times. Signing Kunitz for any amount is a waste of time, so any team with him is getting a bad rating. I didn't know there were rules about calling bad moves bad, and I at least try and keep it civil.
Jun. 26, 2018 at 2:34 p.m.

You would only be saving $250k against the cap since the minimum replacement is Simon who counts for $750k. Your comments about whether or not he fits in the line up are a valid argument, but the fact that he would be a waste of money is just false. (I'm working under the assumption that he will get a 1 year for $1 million, and not the $2.5 million in this example)
PIT2212 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2018 at 9:10 a.m.
GO PENS
That legendary chemistry with Crosby, who he won't be playing with because he's been replaced by Guentzel? Or the chemistry with Geno that was great in 2012 but meaningless now because Kunitz doesn't belong anywhere near Malkins wing? When people post good teams (rare as that may be) i give them good ratings, and I can only say 100% constructive things about the same topic so many times. Signing Kunitz for any amount is a waste of time, so any team with him is getting a bad rating. I didn't know there were rules about calling bad moves bad, and I at least try and keep it civil.

No one is thinking he will be a top 6 guy so even bringing that up is pointless. You just troll on here and give everyone 1 star ratings that you disagree with. Civil? maybe you need to look that word up. Straight up trash bro...
Jun. 27, 2018 at 9:37 a.m.
AHL Emissary
Quoting: Mino42
No one is thinking he will be a top 6 guy so even bringing that up is pointless. You just troll on here and give everyone 1 star ratings that you disagree with. Civil? maybe you need to look that word up. Straight up trash bro...

I honestly don't understand how calling out terrible decisions and rating them what they deserve is considered trolling. There are zero legitimate reasons to want Kunitz back in a Pens sweater if you so much as glance at his regression the last few seasons. He's backsliding hard into retirement, he wouldn't be playing with anyone he's "familiar" with, and there are younger, better players and free agents with more upside that can fill his role. Would you feel better if I went point by point for every reason that I downvote a team?

It's pointless to trade Hunwick with retention, then turn around and give John Moore almost as much salary and the same amount of term. The team isn't substantially better, you're out even more cap space, and you still have a defenseman playing on his off-hand, so that whole series of moves is a waste. Then there's Nash, who will be chasing a payday and won't want to sign for a 4th line role on a team that's paying him half of what he can probably snag from a more desperate organization. He's been an average depth player his whole career, and suddenly one big season and not only does everyone want him, but they want him at a discount after a career year? That's just asinine. Then there's signing Jarry, a player with no arbitration rights and a short NHL track record, to a contract that's 300-400k too rich, then demoting and potentially losing DeSmith without knowing if Jarry is ready to be a serviceable backup at the NHL level. That's a great way to end up with zero goaltending depth and potentially an entire lost season due to one injury or underperformance.

Is that breakdown preferable to just pointing out the most glaring problem, or is it still somehow trolling?
Jun. 27, 2018 at 9:41 a.m.
AHL Emissary
You would only be saving $250k against the cap since the minimum replacement is Simon who counts for $750k. Your comments about whether or not he fits in the line up are a valid argument, but the fact that he would be a waste of money is just false. (I'm working under the assumption that he will get a 1 year for $1 million, and not the $2.5 million in this example)

If you don't sign Kunitz to this roster, Simon moves up to the 4th line and Aston-Reese sits as the 13th forward. That's a savings of whatever the cap hit of Kunitz is, be it $1 million or more.
Jun. 27, 2018 at 9:55 a.m.
If you don't sign Kunitz to this roster, Simon moves up to the 4th line and Aston-Reese sits as the 13th forward. That's a savings of whatever the cap hit of Kunitz is, be it $1 million or more.

Then that would be a 22 man roster, and would still need to sign one more player, so your savings would be Kunitz salary minus whatever that 23rd player is making. Using money for the Kunitz argument makes zero sense if he only takes $1million.
Jun. 27, 2018 at 10:08 a.m.
AHL Emissary
Then that would be a 22 man roster, and would still need to sign one more player, so your savings would be Kunitz salary minus whatever that 23rd player is making. Using money for the Kunitz argument makes zero sense if he only takes $1million.

You don't need a full 23-man roster, especially at the start of the season. Maybe someone like Bellerive or Addison gets a few games out of camp before being sent back to juniors, or someone from Wilkes-Barre earns a regular season audition (or even sticks), but the roster will eventually get weeded down from 23 for recall reasons. Kunitz' salary plus the already available cap space could be used in a number of different ways (signing Sheahan being one) and the Pens would still come out with cap space to bank over the season, be it with 22 or 23 players on the roster. Regardless of whether you're replacing his empty roster spot or not, spending any amount of money on Chris Kunitz at this point in his career is a waste. You could save a few hunderd thousand or his whole cap hit, either way is better than having him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll