SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

What's next for the Islanders?

Jul. 1, 2018 at 3:13 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I haven't even been able to open this site because so many people were on here i'm sure because of the Tavares signing. I know everyone's talking about the Leafs' side of this, but my question is, as an Islanders fan, what's next for the Islanders? What are they gonna do now?
Jul. 1, 2018 at 3:17 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Youth movement.

Lou will do to you guys what he did to the Leafs. You've already got Barzal, Beauvillier, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Puluck, Sorokin, etc so Lou has some pieces to work with. But with Tavares gone I think we can expect a very active NYI team at the deadline.

With the prospects already in place and with Lou's past success with rebuilding the Leafs, I think there is hope for the Islanders organization in the long run.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 3:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daryl
Youth movement.

Lou will do to you guys what he did to the Leafs. You've already got Barzal, Beauvillier, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Puluck, Sorokin, etc so Lou has some pieces to work with. But with Tavares gone I think we can expect a very active NYI team at the deadline.

With the prospects already in place and with Lou's past success with rebuilding the Leafs, I think there is hope for the Islanders organization in the long run.

Yes, i agree, that makes sense at this point. It took him 2 years with the Leafs to get them in the playoffs, though that was with a lottery win. So it might take more with the Islanders.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 3:50 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
From a player perspective. Youth is key, and they’ already well off (Barzal, Beauvillier, Bellows, Whalstrom, Dobson, etc.)

From a business perspective. Quebec City is salivating. JT was NYIs entire business model. It’s gonna be a hard sell without him.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 3:57 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: Blazingbat11
From a player perspective. Youth is key, and they’ already well off (Barzal, Beauvillier, Bellows, Whalstrom, Dobson, etc.)

From a business perspective. Quebec City is salivating. JT was NYIs entire business model. It’s gonna be a hard sell without him.

I think a lot rests on young Matthew Barzal's shoulders. It'll be interesting to see how he performs without Tavares taking the harder matchups, but if he comes through I believe the team can be protected from relocation. This is Barzal's franchise now.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 4:23 p.m.
Philly Sports Fan
I think not signing JT has a huge silver lining. Lou now has some cap to sign other guys, maybe a trade or two. I believe the Islanders could be a great team in 2-3 years. Its a big IF Lou can navigate the ship to being a contender. If I was an Islanders fan, I'd be optimistic about the future.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 4:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think it's safe to say this team is not moving to Quebec anytime soon. They're getting that new arena.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll