Forums/Armchair-GM

Dahlin in O'Reilly out

Created by: GMTD
Team: 2018-19 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 1, 2018
Published: Jul. 1, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
We do not need to speculate on the O'Reilly trade any longer. Botterill did very well, five pieces is excellent. Good job Jason, 3 first round picks next year, I guess you can add 3 more Swedish defensemen.

Sobotka and Berglund may have been cap dumps, but only Kane scored more pts as a LW than Sobotka had last year. Only Kane had more goals than Sheary had last year, and only Kane had a higher pts per game than Rodrigues last year. The LW has been greatly improved without giving up any assets. Sign Duclair and we can all declare that Botterill is a genius.

I have said this before, Mittelstadt will make us all forget about O'Reilly by December. Berglund will be a very good #3 Center as he won 55% of his faceoffs last year. Both Berglund and Sobotka killed penalties for the Blues so this should help the teams PK performance.

Defense could use upgrading. It may come from Nelson, Guhle or Pilut.

Goal tending will be adequate.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$715,000
8$5,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Dahlin, Rasmus
3$925,000
2$1,000,000
Trades
BUF
  1. 2020 5th round pick (EDM)
EDM
    Rights to Nick Baptiste. Baptiste was McDavid's Erie Otter line mate. Chiarelli makes a small investment hoping for big returns. If Baptiste scores 20 goals in the 2018-2019 season the 2020 5th will become a 2nd. If Baptiste scores 40 or more goals over the next 2 seasons (2019 to 2021), an additional 2nd is added in the 2021 draft.
    BUF
    1. Dubinsky, Brandon
    2. 2020 2nd round pick (CBJ)
    Additional Details:
    I changed the 4th to a 2nd. Columbus gave up a 1st and 2nd to Vegas to take Clarkson the salaries and term are nearly the same, but Clarkson was on IR and the Sabres will need to absorb the entire contract.
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the CBJ
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$79,500,000$74,949,524$0$850,000$4,550,476

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $10,000,000$10,000,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $715,000$715,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $650,000$650,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 2
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 2
    $3,850,000$3,850,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $5,600,000$5,600,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $1,050,000$1,050,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $5,850,000$5,850,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    Dahlin, Rasmus
    $925,000$925,000
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $5,142,857$5,142,857
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,400,000$2,400,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 1, 2018 at 10:56 p.m.
    Yeah, let's take Dubinsky to the pile, we sell quality for quantity, that's what it looks like, fight Ottawa for Jack Hughes
    Jul. 1, 2018 at 11:04 p.m.
    Eichel Tower
    Quoting: TheRiddler
    Yeah, let's take Dubinsky to the pile, we sell quality for quantity, that's what it looks like, fight Ottawa for Jack Hughes

Thank you so much for your insightful comments. I presume quality you are referencing is O'Reilly, because I certainly did not give away any quality in the trades that I proposed did I? The team finished last with O'Reilly, it will NOT finish last without him. By December we will all have forgotten about O'Reilly. I am certainly not saying this is a playoff team, but it is MUCH better than last year.
    So you think Larsson is better than Dubinsky? You think last year's LW is better than this team's LW? You think last years defense is better than this team's defense? You think last year's GK is better than this team's defense? Over all you think O'Reilly, Eichel and Larsson at center is better than Eichel, Mittelstadt, Berglund and Dubinsky at center?
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2018 at 11:20 p.m.

Do you know anything about Hockey? Any casual observer of the game and talent would see instantly that this team is much better than last year and the future looks even better with 3 first round picks next year. Take the sour grapes out of your eyes and look at this team. It has been upgraded at every position, LW, Defense, GK, RW (if Bailey can produce) even center with Mittelstadt for an entire season and Dubinsky and Berglund over Larsson and who?
    Quoting: GMTD
    Thank you so much for your insightful comments. I presume quality you are referencing is O'Reilly, because I certainly did not give away any quality in the trades that I proposed did I? The team finished last with O'Reilly, it will NOT finish last without him. By December we will all have forgotten about O'Reilly. I am certainly not saying this is a playoff team, but it is MUCH better than last year.
    So you think Larsson is better than Dubinsky? You think last year's LW is better than this team's LW? You think last years defense is better than this team's defense? You think last year's GK is better than this team's defense? Over all you think O'Reilly, Eichel and Larsson at center is better than Eichel, Mittelstadt, Berglund and Dubinsky at center?

Nice job, I think you could get more than a 4th for taking Dubinsky's contract. This team is greatly improved over last year's last place finish. I do not think they will be in the playoffs, but they will be in the hunt for at least the first 60 games.
    GMTD liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2018 at 11:26 p.m.
    Quoting: GMTD

Did the team take the last place without O'Reilly, or have you forgotten already? Larsson is exactly the same as Dubinsky, they are all garbage. We had Kane, of course he's better than Sheary and ERod, I like Sheary and ERod, but they're not Kane. Hunwick garbage, but it is a fact that you have it makes the second pairing Dahlin? I have no problems with the goal position, I like the Hutton - Ullmark tandem. I claim to Botteril only trade ROR, and not the trade Shary or the signing of Hutton. Berglund and Sobotka are absolutely average players, Yes, they will increase our depth, but we could sign up in a free Agency of exactly the same players and not trade ROR for them. The Eichel - ROR - Mitts - Rodrigues center would be much better than the current center.
    Jul. 1, 2018 at 11:28 p.m.
    Quoting: gretzkyghosts
    Do you know anything about Hockey? Any casual observer of the game and talent would see instantly that this team is much better than last year and the future looks even better with 3 first round picks next year. Take the sour grapes out of your eyes and look at this team. It has been upgraded at every position, LW, Defense, GK, RW (if Bailey can produce) even center with Mittelstadt for an entire season and Dubinsky and Berglund over Larsson and who?

Nice job, I think you could get more than a 4th for taking Dubinsky's contract. This team is greatly improved over last year's last place finish. I do not think they will be in the playoffs, but they will be in the hunt for at least the first 60 games.

It's better, I'm not arguing, but we could do a lot better trading ROR, and sign players like Sobotka or Berglund UFA
    Jul. 1, 2018 at 11:58 p.m.
    It's better, I'm not arguing, but we could do a lot better trading ROR, and sign players like Sobotka or Berglund UFA

You may be the only person in the entire universe who thinks Botterill could have gotten more for damaged goods O'Reilly. Wake up to reality, you are living in some alternative nether world that does not realize that O'Reilly is a second line center and Botterill got first line center return. Please give me evidence that makes you believe O'Reilly is worth more than what he got, it is a lot more than Murray gave up and that is all you should be comparing. I have read your comments and they are devoid of reason, substance and clarity. Just read your first sentence to GMTD, "Did the team take the last place without O'Reilly, or have you forgotten already" WTF does that mean? How does it apply to GMTD comment, he said the team finished last with O'Reilly and you said something really off beat and incoherent, are you dunk or on drugs when you answer. You stated the obvious "Larsson is exactly the same as Dubinsky, they are all garbage." that is why Buffalo gets a pick, but instead of commenting on the value of the trade and how it could be improved you added nothing but silly words that add up to empty noise. When did GMTD say Sheary, or Rodrigues or Sobokta were as good as Kane, he said only Kane was better than them, More empty noise commenting on an item that is not in dispute. Do you just like to see your empty words in print. "I claim to Botteril only trade ROR, and not the trade Shary or the signing of Hutton." what does this mean? I claim to Botterill, that makes no sense what so ever. empty words, incoherent rubbish. Finally, oh my goodness, more of the obvious, Eichel, ROR and Mittelstadt are better than Eichel and Mittelstadt, You choose to evaluate the only position that was substantially changed from last year and ignore that LW depth is greatly improved, GK is greatly improved, RW is at least the same maybe better if Bailey can produce, Defense is much better, but you with your empty words and babble choose to single out the Center position. Collectively adding depth makes the center position stronger, Having Rodrigues and Mittelstadt the entire season alone makes it stronger. When comparing the Center you cannot include Mittelstadt in last years team as he was only here for a few games. The comparison has to be Eichel, O'Reilly, who and who to Eichel, Mittelstadt, Berglund and Dubinsky. You are obtuse and dull witted to not see that.
    GMTD liked this.
    Jul. 2, 2018 at 12:35 a.m.
    Banned
    If Nylander can finally make the jump then you can slot him where Rodrigues is and please give Eichel a decent player to play with (Reinhart)...that makes this team a wildcard contender.
    GMTD and gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Jul. 2, 2018 at 8:04 a.m.
    Eichel Tower
    Quoting: DirtyDangles
    If Nylander can finally make the jump then you can slot him where Rodrigues is and please give Eichel a decent player to play with (Reinhart)...that makes this team a wildcard contender.

thank you very much.
    I agree completely with your evaluation and suggestions.
    Oh how I wish Nylander could make the jump, that would be awesome.
    I am going to make the fourth a 2nd in the Dubinsky trade, that is a lot of salary to be taking on for 4 years. Especially considering Vegas got a 1st and 2nd for taking on Clarkson's salary, and Clarkson is IR.
    I gave Eichel the fastest players available. IMO Bailey could finally make the leap to be a 20 goal scorer, Sheary has already done that. With Eichel healthy the entire season that line potentially could get 70 goals.
    I put Reinhart with Mittelstadt to give him a good wing-man.
    Obviously, the team needs another defenseman or two, and another good LW, but Rodrigues also showed that he may be ready as he averaged about .5pts/gm.
    Again thank you for your comments.
    gretzkyghosts liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll