Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR / NYI) - McAdam for Martin

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 4, 2018 at 1:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
you forgot Mat Barzal would be traded for Zac Rinaldo, and they would get their hands on Loui Eriksson, Michael Chaput, Jayson Megna, and Reid Boucher!

Eriksson - Rinaldo -Clutterbuck
Komarov - Chaput - Megna
Martin - Cizikas - Ladd
Boucher - Filppula - Some "ECHL" Scrub

What a great team!

Cup Contending team, yes. This is the team Marc Bergevin would put together if he was the GM.

Lou Lamoriello is not Marc Bergevin.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Cup Contending team, yes. This is the team Marc Bergevin would put together if he was the GM.

but Lou is a double agent
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:28 p.m.
TML On The Rise!
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
you forgot Mat Barzal would be traded for Zac Rinaldo, and they would get their hands on Loui Eriksson, Michael Chaput, Jayson Megna, and Reid Boucher!

Eriksson - Rinaldo -Clutterbuck
Komarov - Chaput - Megna
Martin - Cizikas - Ladd
Boucher - Filppula - Some "ECHL" Scrub

What a great team!

Congrats! Your team has the top four 4th lines in hockey!

Something to be proud of!
Jul. 7, 2018 at 11:45 a.m.
Anti-Flame War
Quoting: drewjenks
I just finished playing 15 years of competitive hockey......I never started fights but I was in a few every year.......I'm also 5'3 and 140 pounds......

I'VE NEVER MADE THE CHOICE TO HIT OR NOT HIT SOMEONE (OR DO ANYTHING VIOLENT) BASED WHETHER OR NOT THERE WAS A "TOUGH GUY" ON THE OTHER TEAM THAT MIGHT "DO SOMETHING" ABOUT IT....THAT THOUGHT HAS LITERALLY NEVER CROSSED MY MIND WHILE PLAYING HOCKEY.....NOR HAVE I EVER HEARD ANYONE MENTION ANYTHING SIMILAR TO THAT THOUGHT PROCESS IN MY LIFE.

AND GUYS IN THE NHL DIDN'T GET THERE BY BEING SCARED OF A GHOST WHO COULD THEORETICALLY BEAT THEM UP AS PUNISHMENT FOR PLAYING HARD.

If you wan't to say that the Leafs need stronger & more physical players to be effective.....than I'm good with that.....but no one will be thinking "thank god Martins not on the bench....now I can break Matthews leg".....they'll just break his leg either way and deal with the rest after.

Before last season I would agree with you, but I don't think it's a coincidence that Crosby started getting beat up after Ryan Reaves got traded away.
Jul. 12, 2018 at 9:32 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

No he’s worse. At least Bergevin knows it’s not the 80’s anymore and spending $2 million on someone whose only use is fighting players and scoring a goal once every few years. He’s screwed up the Islanders big time, and not just because he lost Tavares, but because he overpaid for slow, aging 4th liners like Komarov and Filppula.
Jul. 12, 2018 at 10:18 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: EthanK24
No he’s worse. At least Bergevin knows it’s not the 80’s anymore and spending $2 million on someone whose only use is fighting players and scoring a goal once every few years. He’s screwed up the Islanders big time, and not just because he lost Tavares, but because he overpaid for slow, aging 4th liners like Komarov and Filppula.

The only signing he's made i really don't like is the Komarov signing. Filppula's just for 1 year, and Jan Cover is one of the top KHL scorers over the last few years. When Lou Lamoriello came to the Islanders everyone thought he was going to make them way better. And now after like a month of him being the GM you're already saying he's that bad?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit