UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:26 p.m.
JLuque
Quoting: BruinsFan13
This is not a jealous post. I could care less that JT91 went there. I'm happy he didn't coming to Boston and happy we can save money for better players to trade for. At no point did I say I wanted JT91 so I fail to see your point.

never said "you" wanted him...... more importantly your Bruins did. as stated above "Every team in the league would want JT91, and would/will make the sacrifices to make it happen" ; hence why the B's were shopping Krejci + . & if this is not a jealous post it is certainly not a well thought out one. a) why re-sign Gardiner, b) why does Matthews get more $, c) how does Kap get $3m?

lastly you also mention: "they just need these players to out score every team in the league smile Apparently defence is a foreign word to them" . Lets be honest here; Krug / 41 yr old Chara / J. Moore / MacAvoy (defensively) / Miller / McQuiad; are not the standard bearers for defensive responsibility. Last year the Bruins gave up 19 less goals than the leafs. 9 of which were empty netters vs the Leafs
Juice liked this.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:27 p.m.
BruinsFan13
Quoting: Juice
Yes...silly me....I should have known referring to a franchise as 'queefs' was a term of endearment.

You're betting off rolling with the fact this ACGM team is a troll. You've since edited many items...but If you spent time on it and wanted it to be taken seriously...you would have:

a) Increased the cap
b) Horton goes on full cap relief
c) Signed players closer to expected figures (this has been edited since)

The Leafs have players at the AHL level ready to fill in bottom 6 roles, all making under $1m right now.

It's possible to get all RFA's signed to fair market contracts and be under the cap. No, our defence will not be feared by our opponents...but the team was right around average last year defensively and will likely be average again this year.

Why would I increase the cap? Even if I did that wouldn't help much.

Horton is on cap relief

There's no way they sign for less then what I posted.

Again, being real here and not trolling. Why would I go with something that I'm not doing.

As for the AHLers I could bring them in to make a full roster but that would make me go way over the cap.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:34 p.m.
BruinsFan13
Quoting: jluqueSF
never said "you" wanted him...... more importantly your Bruins did. as stated above "Every team in the league would want JT91, and would/will make the sacrifices to make it happen" ; hence why the B's were shopping Krejci + . & if this is not a jealous post it is certainly not a well thought out one. a) why re-sign Gardiner, b) why does Matthews get more $, c) how does Kap get $3m?

lastly you also mention: "they just need these players to out score every team in the league smile Apparently defence is a foreign word to them" . Lets be honest here; Krug / 41 yr old Chara / J. Moore / MacAvoy (defensively) / Miller / McQuiad; are not the standard bearers for defensive responsibility. Last year the Bruins gave up 19 less goals than the leafs. 9 of which were empty netters vs the Leafs

I don't watch leafs games so I'm going off what some of my leaf fan friends say which is why Kap is at 3m. As bad as Gardiner was in Game 7 I still think they'll keep him since he's still one of their better dmen. Matthews is going to want a McDavid type deal. He will want the same if not more then JT91.

As for my Bruins, yes they were shopping for him and thankfully never got him. For out D, Krug is likely out and we have depth there something the Leafs don't have.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:37 p.m.
Why would I increase the cap? Even if I did that wouldn't help much.

Horton is on cap relief

There's no way they sign for less then what I posted.

Again, being real here and not trolling. Why would I go with something that I'm not doing.

As for the AHLers I could bring them in to make a full roster but that would make me go way over the cap.

1. You increase the cap because this is a 19-20 roster using an 18-19 cap
2. Horton's full $5.3 can go on LTIR in the offseason as was proven this offseason
3. I'm not saying your numbers for Matthews, Marner and Nylander will be wrong, but the statement that 'there's no way they sign for less' is incorrect.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:39 p.m.
BruinsFan13
1. You increase the cap because this is a 19-20 roster using an 18-19 cap
2. Horton's full $5.3 can go on LTIR in the offseason as was proven this offseason
3. I'm not saying your numbers for Matthews, Marner and Nylander will be wrong, but the statement that 'there's no way they sign for less' is incorrect.

Oh yeah thats fair.
Juice liked this.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:46 p.m.
BruinsFan13
@Juice I changed it with your recommendations except for the cap but we don't know where it will be next year. I'd guess 83m which would mean they'd go over. It'll be tight and think they should trade one of the stars for a top 4 dman
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:50 p.m.
@Juice I changed it with your recommendations except for the cap but we don't know where it will be next year. I'd guess 83m which would mean they'd go over. It'll be tight and think they should trade one of the stars for a top 4 dman

haha...now we're on the same page.

Yes...It will be very tight. and may involve losing a Brown/Kapanen/Johnsson if the core players demand more...and if they want to improve the D they'll likely need to include Nylander in order to get anyone of significance and be able to fit it. I think they'll roll with what the have to start the season and reassess after they see how the on-ice product looks
BruinsFan13 liked this.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 4:55 p.m.
BruinsFan13
haha...now we're on the same page.

Yes...It will be very tight. and may involve losing a Brown/Kapanen/Johnsson if the core players demand more...and if they want to improve the D they'll likely need to include Nylander in order to get anyone of significance and be able to fit it. I think they'll roll with what the have to start the season and reassess after they see how the on-ice product looks

Of course all of this is speculation. I'm sure they might make trades to get that blue line tighter but as it stands right now the team isn't looking good for next season. Well not looking like they will be the same.

Side note, I apologize for the rudeness in comments before.
Juice liked this.
Jul. 4, 2018 at 5:14 p.m.
Of course all of this is speculation. I'm sure they might make trades to get that blue line tighter but as it stands right now the team isn't looking good for next season. Well not looking like they will be the same.

Side note, I apologize for the rudeness in comments before.

I extend apologies as well for any rudeness on my end. There's been a lot of ACGM teams coming out since Sunday afternoon either poaching RFA's with unreasonable offer sheets or flat out claiming there's no way the team can keep Matthews-Marner-Nylander not that they signed Tavares.

Most reasonable Leaf fans know that we will be right up against the cap (a place we're familiar with) and that our biggest hole is at RHD with no immediate solution or cap space available to address it.

The way I see it, we are icing an identical lineup that put up 105 points last season except we've swapped Tavares for Bozak and will have a young, promising player stepping into JVR's spot. Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Johnsson/Kapanen/Brown/Hyman will all be one year more seasoned with hopes they'll all take another step forward. Having Matthews-Tavares-Kadri up the middle with skilled wingers on each line provides a lot of depth. Most people forget that Reilly is only 24 years old and getting better each year. The defence was league-average last season but if Zaitsev plays more like yr1 than yr2 there will be a bit of improvement there too.

At the end of the day, I still think Tampa-Boston-Toronto will dominate the top 3 spots in the Atlantic which will make getting out of the 1st round a battle still...but the team, on paper, is stronger right now that the one that finished the season
Jul. 4, 2018 at 6:56 p.m.
BruinsFan13
I extend apologies as well for any rudeness on my end. There's been a lot of ACGM teams coming out since Sunday afternoon either poaching RFA's with unreasonable offer sheets or flat out claiming there's no way the team can keep Matthews-Marner-Nylander not that they signed Tavares.

Most reasonable Leaf fans know that we will be right up against the cap (a place we're familiar with) and that our biggest hole is at RHD with no immediate solution or cap space available to address it.

The way I see it, we are icing an identical lineup that put up 105 points last season except we've swapped Tavares for Bozak and will have a young, promising player stepping into JVR's spot. Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Johnsson/Kapanen/Brown/Hyman will all be one year more seasoned with hopes they'll all take another step forward. Having Matthews-Tavares-Kadri up the middle with skilled wingers on each line provides a lot of depth. Most people forget that Reilly is only 24 years old and getting better each year. The defence was league-average last season but if Zaitsev plays more like yr1 than yr2 there will be a bit of improvement there too.

At the end of the day, I still think Tampa-Boston-Toronto will dominate the top 3 spots in the Atlantic which will make getting out of the 1st round a battle still...but the team, on paper, is stronger right now that the one that finished the season

Well said. The d is a good start with Reilly however they don't have that shutdown Dman they need. Regardless I think this upcoming season will be a close repeat of this past season. I can't wait for it to start.
Juice liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll