SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

RHD opinion.

Jul. 5, 2018 at 9:44 p.m.
I personally believe the leafs should look around for a RHD who instead of just playing a shutdown role can
-rush the puck up the middle
-produce offensive
-play QB on PP but also be able to play PK

Now my reasoning behind this is due to the fact the leafs offensive should probably be top 5 in the league and I want every single one the players on the team contributing. Now I definitely don’t want to get a RHD who is just going to “close out are games”, if we are willing to pay a first, prospect and/or a roster player for a guy I don’t want it to just be a shutdown guy I want him to be able to contribute everywhere. Now this may be a little more costly however if the leafs are serious about getting a guy who is going to be a inpact on this team I definitely see Dubas willing to get creative and make a serious deal.

Who do I view as the best potential options

Winnipeg- Jacob trouba: would probably cost a arm and leg to attain him and I know he doesn’t want to play in Canada but he would probably be one of the best option that could be available

Carolina Hurricanes- Justin Faulk/ brett pesce: Faulk doesn’t have the greatest defensiveness numbers and presce doesn’t have that much of an offensive flair, however I like both of them and would enjoy them on my team

minnesota wild- jared spurgeon: another pretty low key guy who would probably cost a steep price but would definitely make this team better.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 11:40 p.m.
your ask list makes him star, hardly obtainable. leafs have a very good PP so not necessary to have PP QB. maybe a faster moving polak or a stronger carrick or a another hainsey. just so few dmen available, i can't think of any right now. might be trade situation mid season as teams drop out of playoff contention
Jul. 6, 2018 at 7:48 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Very very pricey these guys, let's let Liljegren develop. It's much cheaper.
Jakem139 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2018 at 1:48 p.m.
Banned
Clark was bang on, "We don't need a defensive guy, what we should do is get a super elite top 5 defenceman without breaking the bank". Good luck with that dream.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll