Forums/General Fantasy Talk

Top 5 fantasy players in each position - standard leagues - 2018-2019

Jul. 7, 2018 at 2:01 p.m.
Edited Jul. 9, 2018 at 6:07 p.m.
my personal rankings/predictions for standard fantasy leagues next season

CENTRE
1. McDavid (duh)
2. Crosby (duh)
3. Tavares (after seeing what he can do with lee and bailey, I think he can set a new career high in points with better wingers in TOR)
4. MacKinnon (proved himself as a top 5 centre last year and i think he can repeat his success next year)
5. Malkin (he's a steal as the 5th centre if he can stay healthy)

LEFT WING
1. Ovechkin (duh)
2. Marchand (playing with elite linemates bergeron and pastrnak boosts him to #2 LW)
3. Hall (will keep getting better as his linemate, hishier, will improve on his rookie season)
4. Giroux (surrounded by other strong forwards in PHI, giroux will have another successful season)
5. Panarin (similar to hall: panarin will thrive as his centre, PLD, improves on his rookie season)

RIGHT WING
1. Kucherov (duh)
2. Laine (duh)
3. Pastrnak (same as marchand)
4. Kessel (will likely play with malkin again. i expect another point per game season)
5. Wheeler (plays with elite forwards sheifele and connor. you cant go wrong with wheeler)

DEFENSE
1. Hedman (less risky than karlsson since he plays on one of the top teams and there are no trade rumours surrounding him)
2. Karlsson (no matter who he plays for next season, karlsson will always be one of the top defensemen)
3. Burns (goals goals goals)
4. Carlson (point total will likely decrease from last year now that he has his contract, but still a good fantasy defenseman)
5. Doughty (great defenseman whose team is in win now mode - will have lots of good forwards to help boost his point totals)

GOALIE
1. Hellebuyck (Vasilevskiy and Hellebuyck is a toss up for me but i think WPG is the stronger team, hence Hellebuyck #1)
2. Vasilevskiy (Vasilevskiy and Hellebuyck is a toss up for me but i think WPG is the stronger team, hence Hellebuyck #1)
3. Andersen (TOR has such a strong offense Andersen could put up average numbers and id still expect him to get 40 wins)
4. Holtby (with grubauer gone he will get more starts)
5. Quick (just a gut feeling on this one)

Its hard to pick top 5's for each position since it leaves out so many good players. dont get mad if your fav player isnt in my top 5.
Jul. 9, 2018 at 4:06 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Goalies:
Pretty much Based off wins and SO with GP as well. SV just come as they go as that is very unpredictable:
1) Hellenbuyck
2) Vasilevsky
3) Holtby
4) Andersen
5) Bobrovsky

Defenceman:
1) Hedman
2) Karlsson ( IF traded)
3) Burns
4) Carlson
5) Subban

Right Wingers: