SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Does John Tavares Regret Joining the Maple Leafs?

Is tavares having any second thoughts?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 13, 2018 at 7:21 p.m.
After Tavares wrote in the Players Tribune, CBS analyst and ex-NFL player Boomer Esiason said that Tavares' apology/explanation over a week after his decision "reeks of buyers remorse at best and deep seated guilt at worst." Seems fair, and if he cant buy in to the whole picture right away, could that hurt TOR early?
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:58 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Gee, when I listen to Tavares it seem like he happy to leaving the Isles.....not Long Island but Isles. The firing of his friend coach Doug Weight and maybe even Garth Snowm seems to deciding factors. He seem pissed at the those moves. I real don't what Esiason's agenda is. He is the father in law of Matt Martin, thought he might be glad to have his daughter again living full time in New York.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Tavares is obviously torn by leaving the team that drafted him, but I don't think he'll have second thoughts especially since NYI is set for a season finishing in the Metro basement.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 10:20 a.m.
Quoting: Daryl
Tavares is obviously torn by leaving the team that drafted him, but I don't think he'll have second thoughts especially since NYI is set for a season finishing in the Metro basement.

one can only hope
Jul. 24, 2018 at 10:20 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: linehan10
one can only hope

Hope for what? That the Isles suck this year?
Jul. 24, 2018 at 10:21 a.m.
Hope for what? That the Isles suck this year?

absolutely. if they get a talent like hughes its almost like nothing ever happened
Jul. 24, 2018 at 10:23 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: linehan10
absolutely. if they get a talent like hughes its almost like nothing ever happened

That's what I thought you meant. You Isles fans are in for some pain especially after the signings Lou just made, however there is hope as you guys have an impressive prospect/youth movement in: Barzal, Pulock, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Bellows, Beauvillier, Sorokin, etc. Winning Hughes would accelerate all that just as winning Matthews did for us.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 10:24 a.m.
That's what I thought you meant. You Isles fans are in for some pain especially after the signings Lou just made, however there is hope as you guys have an impressive prospect/youth movement in: Barzal, Pulock, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Bellows, Beauvillier, Sorokin, etc. Winning Hughes would accelerate all that just as winning Matthews did for us.

I am excited, and actually don't mind the signings. Defense and a culture movement can only help right now
Jul. 24, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Why would he be having second thoughts? He had an entire year to make this decision. He's going to play for the team he grew up cheering for, and they have a long-term Stanley Cup window. Besides, he wouldn't have made the decision until he was 100% sure. He didn't have to sign on July 1, he could've taken more time. But he knew what he wanted and made the decision.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit