Forums/Armchair-GM

10 thoughts

Created by: MTLaveragefan
Team: 2018-19 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 22, 2018
Published: Jul. 22, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
1- Ryan Poehling will join the team at the end of the NCAA season and playoff.

2- unless we get a great offer, patch will stay with the habs. get a rebound season, scoring 40 goals with Domi feeding him pucks (like Radulov used to). Then he will be so happy to sign longterm with the habs. (the guy loves mtl and has made his life here and really doesn't want to move... so be ready for a hell of a season.

3- I see Jake Evans making a huge push to make the line up this pre-season, he might bump DRL or Pecas.

4- Drouin will move back to the wings, let Domi assume the role of center (he is better defensively, more responsible and a hard worker, Drouin is a talented diva)

5- Mete and Juulsen are going to explode this year, I expect great things from them. Making guys like Benn or Schlemko expendables after Weber's return in December.

6- Saddly, Deslaurier seems like the odd man out on the LW, but Julien will swap him with any player slacking on the ice.

7- Expect Shaw to be placed on LTIR because of his multiple concussions last year.

8- Alzner will bounce back, I think the new anti-slashing rule established by the NHL really messed his game up last year (being one of his good defensive tool)

9- Petry will have to step up once again... defensively. While he had a career-high of 42pts, his plus/minus is not great...

10- I see Hudon and Scherbak shinning this year and making the line up, I'm just concerned about Lekhonen... he seems to be struggling.

LINES

1- I see CJ putting Domi at Center for Patch, I think he can do the job better than Drouin of our #1C... I want to play Patch with Domi and Gallagher because he needs selfless players who will do the dirty work around the net and in the corners. Players like Domi and Gallagher attract a lot of the Defense's attention. Making it easier for Patch to get open for a pass. Defenders' hands will be full with Domi and Gally. I expect at least 50pts each.

2- I am putting Drouin back at the wing with a responsible (and still offensive) center. He will be free to show us his talent with Scherbak as his wingmate. This will be a great opportunity for Scherbak to get quality ice time (for once) and show us what he is capable of! If he doesn't live up to the task, Hudon or Lekhy can step up.

3 and 4 - I see many possible combinations

hudon - plek - Lekhonen

Lekhonen - Plek - Byron

Lekhonen - Plek - Armia

Hudon - Peca - Byron

But maybe

Lekhonen - DRL - Armia

Plek will resume his defensive role once again... lets just see who needs to improve their defensive game.

Peca is great in the faceoff circle... thats why I see him edging out DLR,

he is also an incredibly fast skater... which could be lethal if paired with Byron.

DEFENSE

lets not talk about the defense without Weber...

1- I see Weber being paired with Rielly, He is more mature and bigger than Mete, I don't want to see Mete get burned to quickly with the 28Min ice time

2- I see Petry being matched with Mete - who is also very mobile, but a little more responsible defensively

3- I see Alzner and Juulsen working together again, Having a "stay at home" defender as Juulsen's partner creates a "safer" environment for Juulsen to develop his offensive abilities.
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Poehling, Ryan
3$900,000
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$79,500,000$70,537,975$0$2,032,500$8,962,025
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LW
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$175,000$175K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
C
UFA - 1
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 22, 2018 at 4:45 p.m.
habs_fan
Patch will not have 40 goals I like lehkonen will be fine I don't think so about playoffs everything else is good
Jul. 22, 2018 at 4:49 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: habs_fan123
Patch will not have 40 goals I like lehkonen will be fine I don't think so about playoffs everything else is good

Saying "Will not" is definitely not true. He put up 37 playing beside DD, if he could actually get a good C, he definitely could put up 40. Unlikely is the word you are looking for
Jul. 22, 2018 at 4:57 p.m.
Subbanator
You have 25 on that roster. Even with Weber gone you still hav LW to decide who gets sent down. I think the Habs actually have a decent battle for young guys this preseason.
Jul. 22, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
I post sometimes
Quoting: habs_fan123

I don't think I mentioned playoffs ahaha, I think they will compete when playing at home at the very least, And I think we will start to climb up the rankings once Weber is back.

Sure, 40 goals is far-fetched, what I am saying is that Patch is desperate to stay in MTL and he will try to convince MB to sign him. He had a bad year... the whole team did except Gally. He will bounce back and probably sign for cheaper than on the market.
habs_fan123 liked this.
Jul. 22, 2018 at 5:02 p.m.
I post sometimes
Quoting: Subbanator7667
You have 25 on that roster. Even with Weber gone you still hav LW to decide who gets sent down. I think the Habs actually have a decent battle for young guys this preseason.

exactly, I didn't send anybody down because I do not know who will step up in the pre-season, But I think having top 6 spots open up for a young buck is a great way to develop rookies
Subbanator7667 and habs_fan123 liked this.
Jul. 22, 2018 at 5:16 p.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: MTLaveragefan
exactly, I didn't send anybody down because I do not know who will step up in the pre-season, But I think having top 6 spots open up for a young buck is a great way to develop rookies

I agree. Iv even come around to the thought of Weber being out that long. I want to see what Juulsen is, having him play 20 minutes in a top four role at 22 will give the organization a good idea of what they have. Will he be the great second pairing defenceman we all think he will be? Will he take more time? Is he better than we all thought and take over for Weber in a couple years? Think this season will be his test and I’m excited to see how he does.
MTLaveragefan liked this.
Jul. 22, 2018 at 6:12 p.m.
habs_fan
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Saying "Will not" is definitely not true. He put up 37 playing beside DD, if he could actually get a good C, he definitely could put up 40. Unlikely is the word you are looking for

Sure
Jul. 22, 2018 at 7:12 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I agree with almost everything except I think that Lehkonen’s year last year was a fluke because of injury and a sophomore slump. I think he should be good this year, at least matching his rookie point and goal totals. Otherwise, I like it.
Jul. 22, 2018 at 7:32 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
1- Ryan Poehling will join the team at the end of the NCAA season and playoff. 100% agree with this. Poehling looked like the most NHL ready propspect MTL has from their development camp, and the only reason he won't be in the line up is because he wants to go back to college for at least 1 more year.

2- unless we get a great offer, patch will stay with the habs. get a rebound season, scoring 40 goals with Domi feeding him pucks (like Radulov used to). Then he will be so happy to sign longterm with the habs. (the guy loves mtl and has made his life here and really doesn't want to move... so be ready for a hell of a season. 110% disagree with this. the relationship between him and management is forever broken. Even if Patches has a bounce back season and MTL keep him, his gone next year. No way will he want to negotiate a new deal with Bergefail. If habs can't move him now, he will be moved at the trade deadline. Only question left is what the return will be.

3- I see Jake Evans making a huge push to make the line up this pre-season, he might bump DRL or Pecas. I think there's just too many players on 1 way contracts that will have to go through waivers that MTL don't want to lose for nothing, some of them being DLR, Peca, Scherbak, McCarron, Reichel, Deslauriers, Froese. Not to mention Kotkaniemi will most likely get first dibs on cracking the roster and get a 10 game tryout before deciding if he goes to Laval/Assat.

4- Drouin will move back to the wings, let Domi assume the role of center (he is better defensively, more responsible and a hard worker, Drouin is a talented diva) I can see this happening. But Drouin did have 13pts in his last 14 games at Center (with Byron and Gallagher on his wings) so I believe Drouin will start out as the #1 C, but if he has a rough start, Domi will most likely get a look

5- Mete and Juulsen are going to explode this year, I expect great things from them. Making guys like Benn or Schlemko expendables after Weber's return in December. Fingers crossed this happens!

6- Saddly, Deslaurier seems like the odd man out on the LW, but Julien will swap him with any player slacking on the ice. Deslauriers as the 13th forward is exactly where I think he should be

7- Expect Shaw to be placed on LTIR because of his multiple concussions last year. wouldn't surprise me

8- Alzner will bounce back, I think the new anti-slashing rule established by the NHL really messed his game up last year (being one of his good defensive tool) doubt it. As long as Alzner gets top 4 pairing minutes, his flaws will get amplified. But put him on the bottom pairing, and he'll most likely thrive, but people will complain he's overpaid. It's a lose-lose situation with him. Silver lining is him finding chemistry with Juulsen, as long as he keeps helping the kid develop, I personally will ease up on complaining about him.

9- Petry will have to step up once again... defensively. While he had a career-high of 42pts, his plus/minus is not great... Yeah I think we will see the same Perty as last year. Everyone will be impressed with his offensive production, but then facepalm at his bonehead defensive mistakes. Still a very serviceable top 4 guy imo.

10- I see Hudon and Scherbak shinning this year and making the line up, I'm just concerned about Lekhonen... he seems to be struggling. I see Hudon and Lehkonen thriving actually lol believe it or not but Lehkonen was one of the league leaders in high danger shot chances, he just had an abysmal shooting %, even just putting his shooting % at league average and he'll put up in between 20-25 goals easy. Hudon will be a 40-50pts guy down the road, I think that's inevitable when you see how he plays the game. The big question mark for me is Scherbak, he's going to be fighting guys like Shaw (if healthy) and Armia for a spot, then also young Right shooting guys like Evans, Bitten, Alain, etc. I think Scherbak has the hardest competition at cracking the roster, but he definitely is one of the most talented, here's hoping he can show it.
MTLaveragefan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll