SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

Main page shoes less than 300,000$ in cap space, what happened!?

Jul. 26, 2018 at 3:58 p.m.
Wannabe Leafs GM
Disclaimer: I am not a Blues fan, and I really don't follow too much of their comings and goings.

So, I opened up cap geek and saw that they have less than 300,000$ in cap. I decided to take a peak at the roster in ARMCHAIR-GM to tinker and realized the amount of long term contracts of players over 30. What happened!? I feel like this team wanting to finally push over their season success into the playoffs is hurt with the direction they took.

Few players that I do not understand:

Bozak, being a leafs fan I love him, but man, over 5 for 3 years, rikes.
Steen, I remember his impressive season a few years back.. But that was a few years back.
Perron, yeah he has turned things around, but 4 mill?

I just feel like these are players they should be moving out for youth and skill, not taking on long term. Not when almost every defender you have needs a contract.

Any thoughts?
Jul. 31, 2018 at 6:12 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Blues have 9 players making over 5m. Although they might not have many bad contracts, look at their roster. Right now just don't have many difference makers. Tarasanko and Pietrangelo might be the only "stars" on the team. Average to a little better than personnel. Near cap. Tough to win a first round with those restrictions.
Aug. 1, 2018 at 7:02 a.m.
Wannabe Leafs GM
Quoting: palhal
Blues have 9 players making over 5m. Although they might not have many bad contracts, look at their roster. Right now just don't have many difference makers. Tarasanko and Pietrangelo might be the only "stars" on the team. Average to a little better than personnel. Near cap. Tough to win a first round with those restrictions.

I guess thats the issue isn't? They've played so well for so long they don't have any early picks in the draft.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll