SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Pittsburgh Penguins signed Tristan Jarry (2 Years / $675,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 26, 2018 at 6:46 p.m.
Tristan Jarry has signed a new contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Standard Contract
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Jim Rutherford
Length: 2 years
Value: $1,350,000
Expiry Status: RFA (Arb)
Cap % Tooltip: 0.85
Signing Team: Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPittsburgh Penguins
Signing Date: Jul. 26, 2018
Source: @penguins

Tristan Jarry signed a 2 year, $1,350,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins on Jul. 26, 2018. The contract has a cap hit of $675,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2018-19$675,000$675,000$0$0$650,000$650,000$200,000
2019-20$675,000$675,000$0$0$700,000$700,000$700,000
TOTAL$1,350,000$1,350,000$0$0$1,350,000$1,350,000$900,000
Qualifying OfferTooltip: $735,000
MINIMUM GUARANTEED SALARY: 2018-19: $300,000
Jul. 26, 2018 at 7:06 p.m.
GM67
BAM! That's a great deal for us! We now have two NHL Starting goalies at the cost of $675,000 each on our roster plus our MAIN starter Matt Murray at an incredible team friendly salary unlike that of C. Price or H. Lundqvist etc. We have the ability to trade them and their great salaries if a big deal comes up that's worth it or just hold onto them another year and see how they develop. DeSmith is better than I think people give him credit for and when he gets in there he will show he's an NHL level goalie. Imagine if all three end up being level one starters in the NHL. Sweet pickins for the Pens. Welcome to the squad Mr. Jarry!!! OH, and I am sorry as I failed to mention we have JARRY for two years under this deal! BAM BAM!!
Jul. 26, 2018 at 9:18 p.m.
MountRoyal514
Great signing! Good young player, is he waiver exempt?
jasondomitrovic liked this.
Jul. 27, 2018 at 12:11 a.m.
GM67
Quoting: MountRoyal514
Great signing! Good young player, is he waiver exempt?

Yes. https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator/tristan-jarry#results
Jul. 27, 2018 at 1:09 a.m.
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
BAM! That's a great deal for us! We now have two NHL Starting goalies at the cost of $675,000 each on our roster plus our MAIN starter Matt Murray at an incredible team friendly salary unlike that of C. Price or H. Lundqvist etc. We have the ability to trade them and their great salaries if a big deal comes up that's worth it or just hold onto them another year and see how they develop. DeSmith is better than I think people give him credit for and when he gets in there he will show he's an NHL level goalie. Imagine if all three end up being level one starters in the NHL. Sweet pickins for the Pens. Welcome to the squad Mr. Jarry!!! OH, and I am sorry as I failed to mention we have JARRY for two years under this deal! BAM BAM!!

That's because Matt Murray isn't Henrik Lundqvist or Carey Price... When he puts up numbers that those two have put up, he'll need to be paid like they did. And btw, you only have 2 years left of Murray at that deal, have fun.
Jul. 27, 2018 at 2:17 a.m.
GM67
Quoting: ShattenkirkIsARanger
That's because Matt Murray isn't Henrik Lundqvist or Carey Price... When he puts up numbers that those two have put up, he'll need to be paid like they did. And btw, you only have 2 years left of Murray at that deal, have fun.

How many Stanley Cups do either Lundqvist or Price have? How long have they been in the league and how long has Murray? And yes Murray has 2 years left because it's a bridge deal bud. Pretty common thing in hockey and how many years left do the Rangers have to pay Henry 8.5 million bucks? 3 years and he will be 39 years old. And how many years left do the Canadiens have to pay Carey 10.5 million bucks? 7 YEARS and he will be 38 years old. OUCH. Sorry bud for embarrassing you but I'd have to say that since the Penguins pay Murray 3.75 million per year for the next two years (which is in total less than just one season for one of the guys you mentioned) of which still don't have any Stanley Cups and nor do they even have teams that could possibly even compete for a Stanley Cup before they are too old and need to retire. Henry is already lined up at a retirement home and Carey is just wondering if his team is ever even going to make the playoffs during his career again. So back to my point, the Penguins have a terrific future in goal and it's supported by the numbers. Enjoy!
Jul. 27, 2018 at 3:10 a.m.
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
How many Stanley Cups do either Lundqvist or Price have? How long have they been in the league and how long has Murray? And yes Murray has 2 years left because it's a bridge deal bud. Pretty common thing in hockey and how many years left do the Rangers have to pay Henry 8.5 million bucks? 3 years and he will be 39 years old. And how many years left do the Canadiens have to pay Carey 10.5 million bucks? 7 YEARS and he will be 38 years old. OUCH. Sorry bud for embarrassing you but I'd have to say that since the Penguins pay Murray 3.75 million per year for the next two years (which is in total less than just one season for one of the guys you mentioned) of which still don't have any Stanley Cups and nor do they even have teams that could possibly even compete for a Stanley Cup before they are too old and need to retire. Henry is already lined up at a retirement home and Carey is just wondering if his team is ever even going to make the playoffs during his career again. So back to my point, the Penguins have a terrific future in goal and it's supported by the numbers. Enjoy!

The Penguins probably could've won a cup with a recycling bin in net with the roster they built, so it's not worth anything to brag about Murray being paid next to nothing (SINCE HE IS ON A BRIDGE DEAL) His contract cannot yet be compared to that of elite veteran goaltenders, since they have already had their pay day. My point is that you can't go around bragging about Murray's salary when he's on a bridge deal. Great, but that's over in 2 years and you'll need to pay him.
ConnorMcHellebucyk, SmugTkachuk, wojme and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 27, 2018 at 5:07 p.m.
Jetsfan
The Penguins probably could've won a cup with a recycling bin in net with the roster they built, so it's not worth anything to brag about Murray being paid next to nothing (SINCE HE IS ON A BRIDGE DEAL) His contract cannot yet be compared to that of elite veteran goaltenders, since they have already had their pay day. My point is that you can't go around bragging about Murray's salary when he's on a bridge deal. Great, but that's over in 2 years and you'll need to pay him.

When Murray had to play the whole playoffs, how far did they go??? On the other side, how far did Fleury go? Finals again...Pens needed him back.....Also, so when Murray gets injured again...so much for the Pens...Jarry and Desmith suck...
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jul. 27, 2018 at 5:11 p.m.
GM67

I love it! We have 2 Stanley Cups in the last 3 years with a goalie that's barely allowed to even drink. HA!
Jul. 27, 2018 at 5:14 p.m.
GM67
Quoting: dcc94
When Murray had to play the whole playoffs, how far did they go??? On the other side, how far did Fleury go? Finals again...Pens needed him back.....Also, so when Murray gets injured again...so much for the Pens...Jarry and Desmith suck...

Yea yea yea. If it wasn't for Letang and Maatta and Phil playing hurt (which he shouldn't of) we would be in the playoffs. Murray needs to improve his glove hand but that's about it. Good job by Fleury but ONCE AGAIN it proves that a team needs 2 good goalies to compete for the Cup and Win. I miss the Flower but that's how she goes in the world of expansion. Doesn't matter because we got TWO MORE CUPS! Let's Go pens.
Jul. 27, 2018 at 6:11 p.m.

got to agree there, in 2016 especially murray was outplayed every single series but the team in front of him was that much better than that of the 4 opponents it did not matter. If murray is demanding those big bucks then he needs to be let go after those two years, especially if he hasn't improved.
If murray is let go jarry will be the guy to replace him but the next two years will determine that.
BroadwayBlueshirts liked this.
Jul. 30, 2018 at 7:15 p.m.
Banned
I love when people try to drag on Murray. I mean after all, they have all won so many cups. I'm sure they have so many stanley cup rings they are putting them on ebay just to get rid of them. They have all done the whole 2 cups in their rookie season thing too. but hey, I mean who hasn't.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit