SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Washington Capitals signed Tom Wilson (6 Years / $5,166,667 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 28, 2018 at 11:29 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Who voted for yes?

Not me.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 11:40 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
If Washington didn't win the cup he probably would've got much less.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 12:08 p.m.
Edited Jul. 30, 2018 at 8:14 a.m.
who are those 8 idiots who voted yes, it's a good contract
Jul. 28, 2018 at 1:28 p.m.
GM67
Hilarious Signing!!! Tom Wilson just got 5.1 plus million dollars PER SEASON folks! THEN on top of that they gave him a term of 6 YEARS at that amount!!! HA! They looked so good getting rid of the ridiculous salary of Brooks Doorpik but then they turn around and put themselves in a hole once again with good old Mr. Wilson. Hey, I'm a Penguins fan so I love this signing because he's in the box more than half the time, he gets suspended and he NOW costs a ton of money so thanks Washington for helping us and all the other Metro teams out for the future. You would think these GM's would learn to not blatantly overpay for guys like this but nope, not all do.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 2:08 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
Hilarious Signing!!! Tom Wilson just got 5.1 plus million dollars PER SEASON folks! THEN on top of that they gave him a term of 6 YEARS at that amount!!! HA! They looked so good getting rid of the ridiculous salary of Brooks Doorpik but then they turn around and put themselves in a hole once again with good old Mr. Wilson. Hey, I'm a Penguins fan so I love this signing because he's in the box more than half the time, he gets suspended and he NOW costs a ton of money so thanks Washington for helping us and all the other Metro teams out for the future. You would think these GM's would learn to not blatantly overpay for guys like this but nope, not all do.

Like jack Johnson? The metro also would like to thank the pens for having the worst 3rd pairing in the nhl....yikes
Kotkaniemi15 and krakowitz liked this.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 2:16 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Overpaid af.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 2:17 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: bhavikp27
who are those 3 idiots who voted yes, it's a good contract

*Correction - 4 idiots
Jul. 28, 2018 at 4:46 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
The worst part about this is next season when we have to pay Vrana, Djoos, Burakovsky and Stephenson with zero money to do it. We’re going to be forced into trading Niskanen or something.
bhavikp27 liked this.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 4:47 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
The worst part about this is next season when we have to pay Vrana, Djoos, Burakovsky and Stephenson with zero money to do it. We’re going to be forced into trading Niskanen or something.
bhavikp27 liked this.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 6:20 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: krakowitz

Or just trade holtby maybe Bura if he doesn’t play better. Wilson should be making 4 million this extra million isn’t as bad as you make it seem. They’d still need $$$ for these guys
Jul. 28, 2018 at 6:22 p.m.
Voted "yes" because it's much better than Lucic's contract.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 7:10 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Or just trade holtby maybe Bura if he doesn’t play better. Wilson should be making 4 million this extra million isn’t as bad as you make it seem. They’d still need $$$ for these guys

I’d rather not run the risk that Samsonov is ready for 50 high level starts next year. I’d rather trust Bowey to be ready for a top-four role
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 8:17 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: krakowitz
I’d rather not run the risk that Samsonov is ready for 50 high level starts next year. I’d rather trust Bowey to be ready for a top-four role

Bowey and Orlov looked good together imo. Nisk should bring a mcd like return?
Jul. 28, 2018 at 10:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Bowey and Orlov looked good together imo. Nisk should bring a mcd like return?

Not that much. I’d take a first round pick and a decent prospect for him easy.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 3:10 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
One thing i'd like to tell Caps fans: SKJEI IS BETTER THAN WILSON.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 8:37 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
One thing i'd like to tell Caps fans: SKJEI IS BETTER THAN WILSON.

That's not comparable anyways. He is a dman.
Hockeylover360 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:23 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Like jack Johnson? The metro also would like to thank the pens for having the worst 3rd pairing in the nhl....yikes

Man, Jack Johnson's contract is amazing compared to Wilson's. As for the worst 3rd pairing of the league. We'll see...

The fact is your team has now the worst contract in terms of cost and benefits of the nhl. Enjoy it! Lol
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:41 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
Man, Jack Johnson's contract is amazing compared to Wilson's. As for the worst 3rd pairing of the league. We'll see...

The fact is your team has now the worst contract in terms of cost and benefits of the nhl. Enjoy it! Lol

Based off what? Jack Johnson was a health scratch during the playoffs.

Tom Wilson was a first line player on the best line in the playoffs which his team won the cup.

Worst contract? It’s far from the worst. He got over paid by 1 million. Jack Johnson got 6 years at 30-31 Wilson is 24. Hahahaha but solid point and complete accurate you really know your stuff
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 3:36 p.m.
GM67
Based off what? Jack Johnson was a health scratch during the playoffs.

Tom Wilson was a first line player on the best line in the playoffs which his team won the cup.

Worst contract? It’s far from the worst. He got over paid by 1 million. Jack Johnson got 6 years at 30-31 Wilson is 24. Hahahaha but solid point and complete accurate you really know your stuff

Jack Johnson played for TORTS last season so I means nothing as Torts ruins players as he has done in every team he has coached. Jack will have great chance to learn more from Gonchar who makes D players better every time. Environment is crucial for true success and Jack is very pleased to be out of Columbus. AND Jack Johnson got 5 years Mr. Genius. I don't care how old Tom Wilson is or not he is Drastically overpaid.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.
GM67
87 NO's to 7 Yes's. HA!!!! Do you think the Capitals front office has a clue of something we don't?
Jul. 29, 2018 at 5:24 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Jack Johnson played for TORTS last season so I means nothing as Torts ruins players as he has done in every team he has coached. Jack will have great chance to learn more from Gonchar who makes D players better every time. Environment is crucial for true success and Jack is very pleased to be out of Columbus. AND Jack Johnson got 5 years Mr. Genius. I don't care how old Tom Wilson is or not he is Drastically overpaid.

Yeah Seth Jones and dubois look terrible and torts is ruining their career.

He also made the decision to get jones who finished top 3 in Norris voting? But yeah your knowledge in him and how he ruins players is great.

Kinda like the pens and cole right?

And gonchar is good but a lump of **** is just a lump of ****. No matter what you mold it into it will just be ****

Wilson should have made 4 million. Drastically over paid would be 8 million not 5 million. But again mr genius Tom Wilson playing top line minutes has shown he can handle it. I can repost numbers but what’s the point you’ll just come back with the generic he’s a goon 4th lines thing so why beat the dead horse right?

Facts : Wilson plays amazing on the top line. Averaged .75ppg and won a cup.

He is “overpaid” by 1 million. But so is Johnson haglin eichel ....etc. I used some penguins just so you can follow what I’m saying easier.

Point being last year everyone laughed and said kuzy and orlov were overpaid and those same people aren’t saying anything..........

This is a signing that’s better judged after next season assuming caps are sober and actually training
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:51 p.m.
GM67

He also made the decision to get jones who finished top 3 in Norris voting? But yeah your knowledge in him and how he ruins players is great.

And gonchar is good but a lump of **** is just a lump of ****. No matter what you mold it into it will just be ****

Wilson should have made 4 million. Drastically over paid would be 8 million not 5 million. But again mr genius Tom Wilson playing top line minutes has shown he can handle it. I can repost numbers but what’s the point you’ll just come back with the generic he’s a goon 4th lines thing so why beat the dead horse right?

He is “overpaid” by 1 million. But so is Johnson haglin eichel ....etc. I used some penguins just so you can follow what I’m saying easier.

Point being last year everyone laughed and said kuzy and orlov were overpaid and those same people aren’t saying anything..........

This is a signing that’s better judged after next season assuming caps are sober and actually training

Oh Geez. Your Caps FINALLY have 1 Cup so drink as much as you can bud because our 5 cups provide plenty for us to sip on and being that we win back to back multiple times not far drips from our cups. You said Wilson and the Word Amazing in the same sentence so obviously you are still drinking from the Cup this year. Bottoms up because after we trounce your team this year that just what you'll be, bottoms up.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:52 p.m.
GM67

And bud OVER 90 People to like just 8 said it is a terrible contract! Look above and let it sink into your Cap.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 11:11 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
And bud OVER 90 People to like just 8 said it is a terrible contract! Look above and let it sink into your Cap.

Yeah he’s hated it’s obvious. This loss must still sting huh?
Jul. 30, 2018 at 7:26 a.m.
Quoting: bhavikp27
who are those 7 idiots who voted yes, it's a good contract

Penguins fans. "Great signing - more please!"
bhavikp27 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit