SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Good Value For Pacioretty?

Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:05 p.m.
Habs
i like it, if the habs Retain on Patches, 50%, id rather the Hawks keep anisimov because the habs need to be as poo as possible this season. instead for the 50% retained id ask for another 2nd-3rd round pick or like two 5th-7th round picks
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:14 p.m.
Bowman better not make any trade even close to this but then again it's Bowman so you never know
ForsbergForVezina and ChiHawk liked this.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:15 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: ItalChech
i like it, if the habs Retain on Patches, 50%, id rather the Hawks keep anisimov because the habs need to be as poo as possible this season. instead for the 50% retained id ask for another 2nd-3rd round pick or like two 5th-7th round picks

That's a good point. They lose some cap flexibility for making moves throughout the season, but the forward core seems solid and they could probably make the defense work. My concern with giving up more picks is that if this goes south, I don't want them to look like Ottawa and have nothing to do at the draft and limited in what they can do with their cap space. But keeping Anisimov makes them better, so that's definitely something to consider.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:15 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: Wadejos123
Bowman better not make any trade even close to this but then again it's Bowman so you never know

I completely agree, if I'm being honest
ChiHawk and Wadejos123 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:31 p.m.
No thanks....not giving up 2 firsts and a good middle 6 center for a year of Patches and then doubling down on stupid by giving him 7+ for 5ish years where the last couple (if not more) will be regretted .
graderman liked this.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:32 p.m.
Habsnatic
Throw in a 2020 2nd or a 3 and you could probably talk the Habs into throwing in Niemi if you want a backup goalie. He had enough of a rebound in Hab land that it’s not a ridiculous option, even in the short term, until CC sorts himself out.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:32 p.m.
Not a chance Hawks give a #1 pick in Beaudin, the #1 pick this coming draft, Anisimov and Highmore all for a 1 year rental for a 30 year old winger wanting a long overpaid contract next season. Just say NO
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:37 p.m.
Habsnatic
The only way this happens at all is if the GM thinks another year outside the playoffs will cost him his job. If that’s the mentality, I’m not sure the usual rules apply.
ForsbergForVezina liked this.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:40 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: bishopsdad
Throw in a 2020 2nd or a 3 and you could probably talk the Habs into throwing in Niemi if you want a backup goalie. He had enough of a rebound in Hab land that it’s not a ridiculous option, even in the short term, until CC sorts himself out.

I'd love to have Niemi back lol, I love that guy. But they don't really need him and it's not worth giving up another pick. They got Forsberg and Delia in the minors and there are plenty of decent goalies still out there in free agency.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:45 p.m.
Habsnatic
O
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
I'd love to have Niemi back lol, I love that guy. But they don't really need him and it's not worth giving up another pick. They got Forsberg and Delia in the minors and there are plenty of decent goalies still out there in free agency.

Well, fair enough. I can’t say I have great knowledge of the Hawk’s prospect pool.

Hey, would this work better if the Habs took on a different contract than AA’s? What’s the worst deal on Chi’s books now?
Jul. 29, 2018 at 10:50 p.m.
CHI NYI
O

Well, fair enough. I can’t say I have great knowledge of the Hawk’s prospect pool.

Hey, would this work better if the Habs took on a different contract than AA’s? What’s the worst deal on Chi’s books now?

Seabrook, by far, but I doubt anyone, especially Montreal, touches that. Toews and Keith have rough ones as well, but they're still producing. Maybe they'd take Connor Murphy, but idk
Jul. 29, 2018 at 11:06 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
We will give you a bag of pucks and a 7th round pick for patches.thats our best offer.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 11:06 p.m.
Chicago

Niemi is not worth a 2nd or 3rd and Patches isn't worth this package either. Anisimov can be flipped for a 2nd, Beaudin was a 1st rounder, and Highmore played a few games on the big club. That's two 1sts and a 2nd for a rental that'll end up overpaid.
Jul. 30, 2018 at 11:37 a.m.
Habsnatic
Perhaps. But someone over paid for Nash, E Kane, Tatar.... Patches to the Hawks just makes too much sense. Cheaper than Skinner, no trade control. And at least potentially gonna rebound on a team where he’s not the captain, not taking all the opposing top lines all the time, and has a high quality C or two to play with. Could really help. God knows what’ll happen but no one should be surprised if this happens. If not the Hawks someone like them....

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll