SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

parayko

Aug. 3, 2018 at 1:31 a.m.
I liked him in the few games I saw him play but parayko is not a first pair D even in st Louis and is not even close to a doughty, hedman, or karlson. if he shot left instead of right probably would not hear as much about him. righty, 25, and salary control for 4 yrs are the attractions. He might have a tough time in T O as the high expectations would be so hard for him to overcome. Probably end up like phanouf. who was only 2nd pair on every team he played for except the leafs. The other thing is that the blues are asking an arm and a leg . The leafs just got that arm and leg, so to give it up so soon would be difficult... blues are looking for scoring which means leafs would probably have to give up liljegrin, gardner, and kapanen depending if gardner extended with them. if he did then it would be a vast improvement with a 2nd pair 50 point guy on the left D complemented by 1st pair 50pt right D pietrangelo. At the moment the blues have little production coming from their left side D. dont see it happening but not sure if leafs can afford gardner next year either.
palhal liked this.
Aug. 3, 2018 at 8:44 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
[quote=jar111;55290

Liked you thoughts (except fo one). I don't think there is any problem playing in Toronto. That was Brian Burke thinking, covering his incompetence and blaming the media. The Donald, has followed Burke thinking and now any executive who is a poor performer or at least gets criticized, the media are too blame.
Seems like any RHD gets god like status, especially in they are traded to the Leafs. Look at all the "great" Blues RHD have had recently, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo and Parayko and where has it gotten them?
Yea Parayko would be nice on the Leafs but at what cost? At best it's a lateral move talent wise, so are you really better off. And with Pietrangelo just two years away from UFA, I don't see the Blues trading Parayko.
Aug. 3, 2018 at 2:36 p.m.
gardner would have to extend with the blues but. it would be a vast improvement on their left side D complemented by 1st pair 50pt right D pietrangelo. At the moment the blues have little production coming from their left side D. dont know if leafs can afford gardner next year anyways. Parayko did have 35 pts but does that compare to gardner and his puck moving skills. throwing in an aging left D from blues D bowmester who has seen his production fall off a cliff and is ufa frees up cap space for them. we could throw in brown and marincin plus draft picks. I think this would be good for the blues to get a versatile winger who can play up and down the lineup, picks and a very good puck moving Left D man. blues dont have all there picks next year end brown has proven he can score 20 .. marincin looked very good in winning the calder cup and would be pretty good depth. I think the whole thing is that people think right D are so much more valuable then left D even when that left D produces more. If the leafs could afford Jake Gardner next year I am sure they would not ever consider a trade like this but the fact is they have the same problem the blues have only with limited production on the right side instead of the left. Colton Parayko is not a first pair right now, so that is the issue in T O with people expecting him to be a hedman or something. he is only a 2nd pairing right now, but with only Zaitzev to pass the expectations would be higher for Colton to play top pair. Hainsey would go back to the left side.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll