C
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 3
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 3
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,500,000$8,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 6
$6,650,000$6,650,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,700,000$5,700,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$833,333$833,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 7, 2018 at 8:46 a.m.
I think the Jets should take that, not sure if they would, but they should.

Canes decline.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
Canes would not decline that trade ever. Canes fans....sure, some would decline if Faulk isn't bringing McDavid back. Zuccarello for Faulk is the type of hockey trade the Canes should be looking to get out of Faulk. You mix in a nice goalie prospect and a NHL ready RHD prospect and the Canes should not be saying no.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 9:09 a.m.
Faulk trade is pretty bad for NYR. Zuccarello 1 for 1 is close so basically giving away a good G prospect and RHD that looked better then Faulk in his short stint in the NHL
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 9:18 a.m.
Jetsfan
Jets would have to decline because of the cap, it will be just enuf space for the bonuses. Unless the Jets can trade someone else (as Hayes does take up a roster spot)
Aug. 7, 2018 at 9:40 a.m.
Quoting: Bluetomorrow83
Faulk trade is pretty bad for NYR. Zuccarello 1 for 1 is close so basically giving away a good G prospect and RHD that looked better then Faulk in his short stint in the NHL

Quoting: wojohawk
Canes would not decline that trade ever. Canes fans....sure, some would decline if Faulk isn't bringing McDavid back. Zuccarello for Faulk is the type of hockey trade the Canes should be looking to get out of Faulk. You mix in a nice goalie prospect and a NHL ready RHD prospect and the Canes should not be saying no.

I fought with the Faulk trade for a while trying to determine whether it was an overpayment or not. I thought Zuccarello was a solid starting point (and might be able to get it done if the Canes were desperate enough), but ultimately Zucc is 5 years older and is probably going to want a long term contract by the end of the season. I added Georgiev, because he showed a lot of promise last season in an area where they need help (goaltending) and the Rangers won't have a place for him next year once Shestyorkin comes over. Despite last season, it would not surprise me to see his effectiveness drop off once he's no longer working with Benoit Allaire(see Talbot). Thus I added Pionk, who looked great last year, but has poor underlying numbers and has a ceiling below Faulk's current level of play.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 10:48 a.m.
Quoting: aspina25
I fought with the Faulk trade for a while trying to determine whether it was an overpayment or not. I thought Zuccarello was a solid starting point (and might be able to get it done if the Canes were desperate enough), but ultimately Zucc is 5 years older and is probably going to want a long term contract by the end of the season. I added Georgiev, because he showed a lot of promise last season in an area where they need help (goaltending) and the Rangers won't have a place for him next year once Shestyorkin comes over. Despite last season, it would not surprise me to see his effectiveness drop off once he's no longer working with Benoit Allaire(see Talbot). Thus I added Pionk, who looked great last year, but has poor underlying numbers and has a ceiling below Faulk's current level of play.

The Faulk trade is an over payment. Even if Igor does come over next year, he will not step in as the immediate backup. He's likely to start in Hartford, play every single game he can, and then come up at a later date. Sitting as a back up won't help his growth. Talbot had an excellent two seasons with the Oilers without Bennie around before taking a step back last year. He'll be fine this season. Georgie, given more playing time this coming season to establish his value, would be a very nice trade chip when the time is right. But if your intent on sending him to Carolina as a potential goalie solution for them, the trade shouldn't include Pionk. I see the sense in sending Zucc, since he's free after this season anyway. Something along the lines of:

Zucc
Georgiev
3rd

for Faulk

The pick goes away or becomes lower if Zucc resigns with Carolina.

PS
Not sure if you are aware, but both Trouba and Faulk are RHD. Shattenkirk becomes the most expensive 3RHD ever, which is fitting since he will pair with Marc Staal! lol
You've now gotta figure out your pairings, and how you're going to pay everyone as things move along (Trouba is due for a big raise).
Aug. 7, 2018 at 11:19 a.m.
Quoting: SuprDave45
The Faulk trade is an over payment. Even if Igor does come over next year, he will not step in as the immediate backup. He's likely to start in Hartford, play every single game he can, and then come up at a later date. Sitting as a back up won't help his growth. Talbot had an excellent two seasons with the Oilers without Bennie around before taking a step back last year. He'll be fine this season. Georgie, given more playing time this coming season to establish his value, would be a very nice trade chip when the time is right. But if your intent on sending him to Carolina as a potential goalie solution for them, the trade shouldn't include Pionk. I see the sense in sending Zucc, since he's free after this season anyway. Something along the lines of:

Zucc
Georgiev
3rd

for Faulk

The pick goes away or becomes lower if Zucc resigns with Carolina.

PS
Not sure if you are aware, but both Trouba and Faulk are RHD. Shattenkirk becomes the most expensive 3RHD ever, which is fitting since he will pair with Marc Staal! lol
You've now gotta figure out your pairings, and how you're going to pay everyone as things move along (Trouba is due for a big raise).

I don't think Igor sees Hartford at all, he's shown he can hold his own in the second best team in the league, the AHL would be borderline insulting to him. Believe he and Hank take on a 60-40 split (with Hank obviously taking the 60) to lessen the workload.

PS:
Both Faulk and Trouba are right handed, but Trouba has already spent significant time on the left time and was just as productive.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 1:09 p.m.
Quoting: aspina25
I don't think Igor sees Hartford at all, he's shown he can hold his own in the second best team in the league, the AHL would be borderline insulting to him. Believe he and Hank take on a 60-40 split (with Hank obviously taking the 60) to lessen the workload.

PS:
Both Faulk and Trouba are right handed, but Trouba has already spent significant time on the left time and was just as productive.

While the KHL is a better league, it's not a like he's falling off a cliff starting in Hartford, and if there is a plan in place that is laid out for the guy then it's far from insulting. Andersson played in Hartford and the SHL is a better league than the AHL. I think it's a lot more insulting to start him as a back up, and that's what he would essentially be for a good amount of the year until he proves he is ready for more work load. You simply can't guarantee him 40% of the games out of the gate until he again proves he is ready. Better to give him all the playing time he can possibly handle for 3/4 of the season in Hartford. If he makes the AHL look like baby stuff, then you can bring him up towards the back end of the year, or earlier because he again..proved he's ready. That gives him plenty of game time for growth, and still the opportunity to start NHL games in the same season.

You are also going to have a hard time convincing Hank to sit for that many games, I don't see a 60/40 split happening until the following season (20-21). That would be Hank's final contract year. Either way, this is all a matter of opinion, we shall see what happens.

Are you saying you're trading for Trouba to make him play the left side?
A) Why? We have a lot of options at LHD...
B)Why? He's better as a RHD (his natural position) and is a more attractive piece since RHD are harder to come by (that is what you are paying for).
C)Why? Unnecessarily weakening your roster doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
D) And most importantly, good luck getting him to sign as a LHD. I believe that was the beginning source of his anger with Winnipeg (being forced to play LHD), he wanted no part of it (because his contract value is higher as a RHD and it again, is his natural position).
Aug. 8, 2018 at 1:22 p.m.
NY Rangers
Trouba deal is pretty solid. Not sure if WPG would take it, but value seems pretty close.

Canes deal would be an over-payment, but I don't think the trade really makes sense for either side anyway. Zucc needs to go to a win now team. No sense for the Canes to take an expiring UFA. I know it was mentioned earlier, but if you get Trouba, you don't need to go for Faulk.

Trouba, Shatty, and Pionk down the right side would be really solid for us. Zucc goes to a contender and maybe you pick up a 1st rounder. You hang onto Georgiev also, and he can either be Shesty's backup or traded for high pick like Talbot or Raanta (assuming he continues to get better).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll