Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$80,000,000$46,699,444$0$3,652,500$33,300,556
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$749,167$749,167 (Performance Bonus$92,500$92K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
Tkachuk, Brady
$925,000$925,000
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$710,000$710K)
C, LW
RFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$650,000$650,000
LW
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C
UFA - 2
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 2
$789,167$789,167
RD
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,300,000$4,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
LD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,650,000$4,650,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 9, 2018 at 9:09 a.m.
dirtysaucedonny
I like the CAR and COL deals, but the others I wouldn't do if I were the sens. Trade away your three best players and don't come away with any guaranteed first round picks? This could set them up to be very bad for a very long time.
Aug. 9, 2018 at 9:13 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: dirtysaucedonny
I like the CAR and COL deals, but the others I wouldn't do if I were the sens. Trade away your three best players and don't come away with any guaranteed first round picks? This could set them up to be very bad for a very long time.

I agree honestly but most people say we wont get more than that for upcoming UFAs and when u try including a sign and trade, they say those rarely happen and we cant include those to justify a trade with a huge return lol
Aug. 9, 2018 at 9:17 a.m.
VeeMerk
Some of the trades I can see happening for sure, but in terms of Stone, I think Ottawa doesn't have the bargaining power here. Stone is gonna be a UFA so I doubt a team will pay storng futures for it, like in your Vegas deal. I think Tuch is the deal breaker there. You could probably get him as part of a Karlsson deal but I don't think Stone will get that big of a return (assuming its a 1st btw).

Trust me I understand your pain because as a Habs fan, we're going through similr issues with Patches! Personally I want to sign him but in terms of trade, we're in a pickle
Aug. 9, 2018 at 10:01 a.m.
Wannabe Leafs GM
Best move for Ottawa is to forget preseason trading. Be patient, sit down with your top guys and tell them to put up the best season they have and they'll get moved to a great contender at the TDL. The return you could get for a rental on Karlsson/Duchene/Anderson at the TDL would be SILLY!
CD282 liked this.
Aug. 9, 2018 at 10:44 a.m.
dirtysaucedonny
Quoting: csick
I agree honestly but most people say we wont get more than that for upcoming UFAs and when u try including a sign and trade, they say those rarely happen and we cant include those to justify a trade with a huge return lol

Agreed, but the track record just doesn't prove that. Look what the Canes just got for Jeff Skinner. He's not as valuable as Stone and Karlsson is on another planet value wise. To me, rentals are far more valuable than most people are giving them credit for, to the right team. Teams like Tampa, Boston, Pittsburgh, Columbus, I could see all being very interested in a rental of that value. You only have to worry about fitting them into the cap for a year, plus they give you a huge boost for a Cup run. Not saying they get exactly what they're asking for right now, but if the Sens get to the deadline clearly out of it, and haven't signed Karlsson, Duchene and Stione, I would be willing to bet all 3 get traded for more than this. At least a first round pick coming back for each, plus prospects of course. Just look at what NYR got for RICK NASH last year at the deadline.

Quoting: VeeMerk
Some of the trades I can see happening for sure, but in terms of Stone, I think Ottawa doesn't have the bargaining power here. Stone is gonna be a UFA so I doubt a team will pay storng futures for it, like in your Vegas deal. I think Tuch is the deal breaker there. You could probably get him as part of a Karlsson deal but I don't think Stone will get that big of a return (assuming its a 1st btw).

Trust me I understand your pain because as a Habs fan, we're going through similr issues with Patches! Personally I want to sign him but in terms of trade, we're in a pickle

This is kind of contradictory; you say that teams aren't willing to part with strong prospects for rentals, but then go on to say that you assume it's a first round pick, which in this scenario, would only be a first if Stone was NOT a rental. Either way, if Vegas is in contention at the deadline and wants to make a push, I have 0 doubt they would make this trade. I could find you 3 Alex Tuch's in every team's system. I could probably find you 3 Mark Stone's in the entire NHL. This is a very fair deal for VGK. Wouldn't excited about that return for Stone, would love that return for Duchene. Stone is way too important to this franchise at a crumbling point to only get a few pieces back.

Quoting: Davisoc
Best move for Ottawa is to forget preseason trading. Be patient, sit down with your top guys and tell them to put up the best season they have and they'll get moved to a great contender at the TDL. The return you could get for a rental on Karlsson/Duchene/Anderson at the TDL would be SILLY!

This. This is the type of thinking the Sens so desperately need right now. Personally, I'd start the season with all of them, and see where it goes. Sign Stone to a long-term extension by January. Sell Duchene/Karlsson at the deadline. Only question mark for me is Anderson. Maybe he has a great start to the year and his value increases. But with what the Sens look like on paper, keeping him until the deadline might plummet his stock. I'd wait for a team to lose a goalie to injury for a month. That's when you get max value for him, not right now.
Aug. 9, 2018 at 10:49 a.m.
EK, Stone & Duchene all guarantee a 1st round pick in the return regardless of resigning conditions. Even as rentals, these players are worth that minimum price for teams pushing in the playoffs.
Aug. 9, 2018 at 10:57 a.m.
Wannabe Leafs GM
Agreed, but the track record just doesn't prove that. Look what the Canes just got for Jeff Skinner. He's not as valuable as Stone and Karlsson is on another planet value wise. To me, rentals are far more valuable than most people are giving them credit for, to the right team. Teams like Tampa, Boston, Pittsburgh, Columbus, I could see all being very interested in a rental of that value. You only have to worry about fitting them into the cap for a year, plus they give you a huge boost for a Cup run. Not saying they get exactly what they're asking for right now, but if the Sens get to the deadline clearly out of it, and haven't signed Karlsson, Duchene and Stione, I would be willing to bet all 3 get traded for more than this. At least a first round pick coming back for each, plus prospects of course. Just look at what NYR got for RICK NASH last year at the deadline.

This is kind of contradictory; you say that teams aren't willing to part with strong prospects for rentals, but then go on to say that you assume it's a first round pick, which in this scenario, would only be a first if Stone was NOT a rental. Either way, if Vegas is in contention at the deadline and wants to make a push, I have 0 doubt they would make this trade. I could find you 3 Alex Tuch's in every team's system. I could probably find you 3 Mark Stone's in the entire NHL. This is a very fair deal for VGK. Wouldn't excited about that return for Stone, would love that return for Duchene. Stone is way too important to this franchise at a crumbling point to only get a few pieces back.

This. This is the type of thinking the Sens so desperately need right now. Personally, I'd start the season with all of them, and see where it goes. Sign Stone to a long-term extension by January. Sell Duchene/Karlsson at the deadline. Only question mark for me is Anderson. Maybe he has a great start to the year and his value increases. But with what the Sens look like on paper, keeping him until the deadline might plummet his stock. I'd wait for a team to lose a goalie to injury for a month. That's when you get max value for him, not right now.

The issue is Ottawa is so desperate for change they want to make moves right now. The reality is there is so much value to be found on this team. If they just wait, they can speed up this rebuild a year or two. That does not mean this team will be compete ready in a year or two. What I mean is this: their rebuild looks like it will take 3-6 years at this rate. With patience I think it could be 2-4. They need to get a cool and sharp mind in that head office that doesn't mind ignoring the hate and be patient.
Aug. 9, 2018 at 11:03 a.m.
dirtysaucedonny
Quoting: Davisoc
The issue is Ottawa is so desperate for change they want to make moves right now. The reality is there is so much value to be found on this team. If they just wait, they can speed up this rebuild a year or two. That does not mean this team will be compete ready in a year or two. What I mean is this: their rebuild looks like it will take 3-6 years at this rate. With patience I think it could be 2-4. They need to get a cool and sharp mind in that head office that doesn't mind ignoring the hate and be patient.

Agreed completely. Look at what TBL got for being patient with Drouin, or what COL got for being patient with Duchene. Don't make moves just for the sake of making them. Honestly, I would be much happier watching Duchene walk at the end of the year and having him contribute to the Sens not getting that first overall pick, than trade him for far less than he's worth and watch the Sens sink to the bottom of the standings
Aug. 9, 2018 at 11:10 a.m.
stop sending a cap dump in Smith to the avs

You arent getting your own 3rd round pick who would be in the 62-66 range for a bad player
Aug. 9, 2018 at 11:13 a.m.
Resign - To quit or retire from a team.
Re-sign - To sign a new contract to continue playing for that team.

They literally mean the opposite.
Aug. 9, 2018 at 11:13 a.m.
Wannabe Leafs GM
Agreed completely. Look at what TBL got for being patient with Drouin, or what COL got for being patient with Duchene. Don't make moves just for the sake of making them. Honestly, I would be much happier watching Duchene walk at the end of the year and having him contribute to the Sens not getting that first overall pick, than trade him for far less than he's worth and watch the Sens sink to the bottom of the standings

Duchene as a TDL deal would get the Sens so much they might faint. Picture for a moment a team that isn't flush at center but is a contender, Winnipeg comes to mind. Lets say its February and Little goes down long term, Ottawa could clean them out for Duchene. It fits a need and Winnipeg cant afford to not be compete ready in the playoffs. You could easily get a roster player, prospect and first for Duchene in that scenario. PATIENCE MY FRIENDS, patience.
dirtysaucedonny and athrin liked this.
Aug. 9, 2018 at 2:07 p.m.
the Stone trade is so horrible the NHL would not allow it, Reinhart, G is a Bust, and Tuch is not enough to get on the the best 2 way RW in the game in his prime rental or not.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll