Forums/Armchair-GM

it hurts my soul to suggest this

Created by: Canadianape
Team: 2018-19 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 16, 2018
Published: Aug. 16, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know its unlikely don't shoot me Thoughts????

I also don't like the idea of helping out Edmonton but maybe for the right deal lol
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$5,100,000
1$650,000
Trades
CGY
  1. Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
  2. 2019 3rd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Flames get a top player who could potential play center or wing. third round pick to even out the deal
EDM
  1. Bennett, Sam
  2. Brodie, TJ
  3. 2019 5th round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Oilers get their top line de3fenseman to replace sekaraand a Bennett can replace hopkinseither on the wing or at center
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$74,911,309$0$2,207,500$4,588,691

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
UFA - 4
$6,375,000$6,375,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 5
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NTC
UFA - 6
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 3
$1,675,000$1,675,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,300,000$4,300,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$3,125,000$3,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 4
$3,857,143$3,857,143
RD
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,100,000$5,100,000
LD
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$755,833$755,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 16, 2018 at 1:20 p.m.
I think your value is fair but like you said, I don't think these two teams make any deal with each other, especially with players of this magnitude involved. CGY doesn't really have a "need" for RNH compared to EDM needing a top pairing dman. Sam Bennett I'm find with trading. But I still don't think they can give up those two guys with the Flames top six already pretty much rounded out.
Canadianape liked this.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 1:21 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Not a bad idea tho. That trade could be worked out better but I think its general idea is good. If you trade for RNH tho, I see him sloted as 2C, Backlund as 3C and Ryan as 4C and Jankowski would be gone in that trade instead of Bennett since Bennett now holds minimal value.
Canadianape liked this.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 1:23 p.m.
Quoting: Michael
I think your value is fair but like you said, I don't think these two teams make any deal with each other, especially with players of this magnitude involved. CGY doesn't really have a "need" for RNH compared to EDM needing a top pairing dman. Sam Bennett I'm find with trading. But I still don't think they can give up those two guys with the Flames top six already pretty much rounded out.

I 100% agree with you. my only thinking is if Hopkins plays that third line either on the wing or at center. the flames will have three deadly lines.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 1:25 p.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
Not a bad idea tho. That trade could be worked out better but I think its general idea is good. If you trade for RNH tho, I see him sloted as 2C, Backlund as 3C and Ryan as 4C and Jankowski would be gone in that trade instead of Bennett since Bennett now holds minimal value.

Ya that's an interesting take. I think jankowski might tip the trade a little towards edmontons side of value but definetly possible
SammyT_51 liked this.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 1:34 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Canadianape
Ya that's an interesting take. I think jankowski might tip the trade a little towards edmontons side of value but definetly possible

Definitely would take the value to EDMs side but remember you are dealing with your arch rival (imagine Boston and Toronto dealing now, but in the West) but you also got to take into account how well Hall and Eberle had been doing after trade from EDM and thats likely happening to RNH too. And why Backlund as 3C? He seems to be great with young players so he might really help Bennett finally breaking through. I see lines (if you change Janko for Bennett.) like this:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Tkachuk-RNH-Lindholm (pretty fast line isnt it?)
Bennett-Backlund-Dubé (he would make it in my eyes)
Czarnik-Ryan-Frolik

Giordano-Andersson
Hanifin-Hamonic
Valimaki-Stone
Canadianape liked this.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
Definitely would take the value to EDMs side but remember you are dealing with your arch rival (imagine Boston and Toronto dealing now, but in the West) but you also got to take into account how well Hall and Eberle had been doing after trade from EDM and thats likely happening to RNH too. And why Backlund as 3C? He seems to be great with young players so he might really help Bennett finally breaking through. I see lines (if you change Janko for Bennett.) like this:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Tkachuk-RNH-Lindholm (pretty fast line isnt it?)
Bennett-Backlund-Dubé (he would make it in my eyes)
Czarnik-Ryan-Frolik

Giordano-Andersson
Hanifin-Hamonic
Valimaki-Stone

Man I like the look of that team.
Dube and Frolik could be switched to make a poor mans 3M line with bennett instead of Tkachuk. I agree Dube may make the team but if he cant quite cut it then hath, foo or mangiapane could slip in on that 4th line aswell

very cool opportunities, now if only the flames and oilers would ever trade with each other lol.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 1:51 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Man I like the look of that team.
Dube and Frolik could be switched to make a poor mans 3M line with bennett instead of Tkachuk. I agree Dube may make the team but if he can quite cut it then hath, foo or mangiapane could slip in on that 4th line aswell

very cool opportunities, now if only the flames and oilers would ever trade with each other lol.

I doubt that but man can dream right lol?

Back to Dube. If Dube is legit top9 player I would do another trade approved already by iindividuals here: Frolik for McGinn and Petrovic. It would basically mean plus 8-10 mil of cap space and bottom line scorer like McGinn, who might be good still and Petrovic would be Valimakis.
Canadianape liked this.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 2:04 p.m.
I doubt that but man can dream right lol?

Back to Dube. If Dube is legit top9 player I would do another trade approved already by iindividuals here: Frolik for McGinn and Petrovic. It would basically mean plus 8-10 mil of cap space and bottom line scorer like McGinn, who might be good still and Petrovic would be Valimakis.

Ya ive seen that trade around a few times and im not so sold on it as other people. I don't think Petrovic adds anything to the team other than physical presence than valimaki or Anderson could add. Mcginn is a great fourth liner but again I don't know if he adds anything more than Frolik or another young player could do at that position. Personally I think if the flames want to free up some cap space next season then trading frolik for 3rd round pick to basically any team who would take him is a better option. or just keep him I think Frolik is a very underrated defensive forward who definitely had an off year largely due to injuries and the flames collapse at the end of the season
Aug. 16, 2018 at 2:40 p.m.
The one thing about this is you know Bill Peters is the coach right? He'll have Lindholm Ryan and some random AHLer as your top line. He had Skinner in the bottom 6 for crying out loud
Aug. 16, 2018 at 2:54 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
The one thing about this is you know Bill Peters is the coach right? He'll have Lindholm Ryan and some random AHLer as your top line. He had Skinner in the bottom 6 for crying out loud

no. fortunately Calgary has some semblance of talent on their team unlike the hurricanes who couldn't score if they were shooting on a soccer goal.

Peters was attempting to spark something in the hurricanes because they were playing terribly. I hope he does that with flames aswell. if a player is not playing correctly or to his skill level then I hope that player gets moved down the lineup

flames were terrible last year and gulutzan did nothing. same lines day in day out same result. no punishment for poor play and therefore not passion from the players
Weezley liked this.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 3:05 p.m.
no. fortunately Calgary has some semblance of talent on their team unlike the hurricanes who couldn't score if they were shooting on a soccer goal.

Peters was attempting to spark something in the hurricanes because they were playing terribly. I hope he does that with flames aswell. if a player is not playing correctly or to his skill level then I hope that player gets moved down the lineup

flames were terrible last year and gulutzan did nothing. same lines day in day out same result. no punishment for poor play and therefore not passion from the players

Babcock did the same with Marner when he was drying up the first half of the season. It worked well because he had a good second half.
Canadianape liked this.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 3:37 p.m.
This is a backwards move for CGY. Upgrading the 3rd line at the expense of the 1st D pairing isn’t optimal.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 4:02 p.m.

I'm sorry did Jeff Skinner Sebastian Aho, Eric Staal Teuvo Teravainen not make any sembalence of talent? The canes we're fine it was the goaltending and he kept trying to mess with line harming player progression and chemestry. He is a bad coach and trust me Ryan Lindholm and maybe Jankowski could very well be your top line. Oh and Carolina at least have an elite level blue line.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 4:43 p.m.
I'm sorry did Jeff Skinner Sebastian Aho, Eric Staal Teuvo Teravainen not make any sembalence of talent? The canes we're fine it was the goaltending and he kept trying to mess with line harming player progression and chemestry. He is a bad coach and trust me Ryan Lindholm and maybe Jankowski could very well be your top line. Oh and Carolina at least have an elite level blue line.

First. Wrong Staal Brother (you wish you still had Eric Staal)

Second. what you just named is the entire team the rest are irrelevant

Last, elite level blue line????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha you obviously don't watch very much hockey. slightly above average blueline at best

you are absolutely out of your damn mind if you think gaudreau Monahan and either lindholm or neal are coming off that first line.
Peters is a fine coach and I cant wait for him to have the opportunity to coach a team that can score. Hurricanes lead the league in puck possession last season but were near the bottom in scoring. something seriously wrong with your players there. flames have the scoring power but had terrible puck possession thanks to gulutzans system. combine scoring power with puck possession and the flames will be awesome this year.
In Theory anyway

and if all else fails Peters cant be nearly as bad as gulutzan was
Aug. 16, 2018 at 4:49 p.m.
Quoting: Vanderm
This is a backwards move for CGY. Upgrading the 3rd line at the expense of the 1st D pairing isn’t optimal.

flames have lots of defensive depth waiting to come into the NHL. this move makes them weaker defensively in theory (Anderson or Valimaki could have just as much impact as brodie) but much stronger offensively. with the above line combos I would call them 1st line, 2 second lines and a third line by comparison to other teams 3rd/4th lines around the league. if Valimaki and Anderson can play solid defense there is not much lost in brodie
Aug. 16, 2018 at 4:55 p.m.
First. Wrong Staal Brother (you wish you still had Eric Staal)

Second. what you just named is the entire team the rest are irrelevant

Last, elite level blue line????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha you obviously don't watch very much hockey. slightly above average blueline at best

you are absolutely out of your damn mind if you think gaudreau Monahan and either lindholm or neal are coming off that first line.
Peters is a fine coach and I cant wait for him to have the opportunity to coach a team that can score. Hurricanes lead the league in puck possession last season but were near the bottom in scoring. something seriously wrong with your players there. flames have the scoring power but had terrible puck possession thanks to gulutzans system. combine scoring power with puck possession and the flames will be awesome this year.
In Theory anyway

and if all else fails Peters cant be nearly as bad as gulutzan was

You clearly know nothing about Carolina. Dougie Hamilton isn't even the best RHD on the team, that is Brett Pesce, Jaccob Slavin is underrated as hell. Added CDH, have TvR and Haydn Fleury as the bottom pair and JUSTIN FAULK spare. It's an elite blueline and you clearly know nothing about hockey. Eric played under Bill Peters before his trade and is the 2nd best player in the history of the franchise. Just goes to my point of having no talent.

Bill Peters is a stupid coach who played Skinner in the bottom six below Derek Ryan and Victor Rask, Brock McGinn. He is fully capable of taking Guadreau and playing him on the 3rd line. He's an idiotic, knee jerk coach. He rushes to fix things and only makes it worse. Canes have the talent and there is no denying that. Skinner Aho Teravainen Williams Staal Lindholm were all normally 20+ goal scorers. Then they weren't. Carolina had the best shot differential, because of their blue line and not because of how many shots the forwards took

Calgary are not a playoff team. The central is going to get both wild cards, there is no denying that. Vegas, San Jose, the Kings, Ducks are all better. Even Edmonton have McDavid and how likely are they to miss with him twice? It's no different then the 2009 pens but in name. The teams around them are too strong and Cgy have an ability to choke things away, a I'm sure you know
Aug. 16, 2018 at 5:26 p.m.
Edited Aug. 16, 2018 at 6:05 p.m.
You clearly know nothing about Carolina. Dougie Hamilton isn't even the best RHD on the team, that is Brett Pesce, Jaccob Slavin is underrated as hell. Added CDH, have TvR and Haydn Fleury as the bottom pair and JUSTIN FAULK spare. It's an elite blueline and you clearly know nothing about hockey. Eric played under Bill Peters before his trade and is the 2nd best player in the history of the franchise. Just goes to my point of having no talent.

Bill Peters is a stupid coach who played Skinner in the bottom six below Derek Ryan and Victor Rask, Brock McGinn. He is fully capable of taking Guadreau and playing him on the 3rd line. He's an idiotic, knee jerk coach. He rushes to fix things and only makes it worse. Canes have the talent and there is no denying that. Skinner Aho Teravainen Williams Staal Lindholm were all normally 20+ goal scorers. Then they weren't. Carolina had the best shot differential, because of their blue line and not because of how many shots the forwards took

Calgary are not a playoff team. The central is going to get both wild cards, there is no denying that. Vegas, San Jose, the Kings, Ducks are all better. Even Edmonton have McDavid and how likely are they to miss with him twice? It's no different then the 2009 pens but in name. The teams around them are too strong and Cgy have an ability to choke things away, a I'm sure you know

ok buddy calm down there

Paragraph 1
you greatly over value pesce and slavin there good but not that good. TVR and fleury is third pairing on any team. Im talking about last season not the history of the hurricanes. I never said eric staal was bad but he leaves the canes and scores 40 goals again says something about who he was playing with.

Paragraph 2
Peters has only head coached the hurricanes you have no idea how he will handle a team that has very clear 1st and second line. 3 out of 6 of the guys you quoted had more than 20 goals so I don't know WTF you are talking about. as for the other three. Jordan stall is barely a 20 goal scorer over his entire career. Lindholm has never scored 20 goals. and Williams is 36 years old and should not be expected to score 20 goals. shot differential requires both offense and defense and out of your top 10 shooters only 3 are defenseman and all three have lass than a 6.1 shooting precentage

Finally Calgary is a playoff team and would have been if our starting goalie didn't get injured forcing our mediocre backups into net. Anaheim and LA are old and have regressed every year for the last 3-4 years so why do you think that will change now. they will be worse this year. Edmonton is a wild card but they have made absolutely no changes this offseason so you cant expect them to be miraculously better. McDavid is good but hockey isn't played by one player. Edmonton has 2 forward lines 1 defensive line and a super hot and cold goalie and they are stuck in cap hell because of bad overpayments. there is no reason to predict them being infinitely better.

we will see who's right this season.

personally im putting my money on the flames being top three in the pacific division and the hurricanes being bottom five in the eastern conference.
Aug. 16, 2018 at 8:20 p.m.
ok buddy calm down there

Paragraph 1
you greatly over value pesce and slavin there good but not that good. TVR and fleury is third pairing on any team. Im talking about last season not the history of the hurricanes. I never said eric staal was bad but he leaves the canes and scores 40 goals again says something about who he was playing with.

Paragraph 2
Peters has only head coached the hurricanes you have no idea how he will handle a team that has very clear 1st and second line. 3 out of 6 of the guys you quoted had more than 20 goals so I don't know WTF you are talking about. as for the other three. Jordan stall is barely a 20 goal scorer over his entire career. Lindholm has never scored 20 goals. and Williams is 36 years old and should not be expected to score 20 goals. shot differential requires both offense and defense and out of your top 10 shooters only 3 are defenseman and all three have lass than a 6.1 shooting precentage

Finally Calgary is a playoff team and would have been if our starting goalie didn't get injured forcing our mediocre backups into net. Anaheim and LA are old and have regressed every year for the last 3-4 years so why do you think that will change now. they will be worse this year. Edmonton is a wild card but they have made absolutely no changes this offseason so you cant expect them to be miraculously better. McDavid is good but hockey isn't played by one player. Edmonton has 2 forward lines 1 defensive line and a super hot and cold goalie and they are stuck in cap hell because of bad overpayments. there is no reason to predict them being infinitely better.

we will see who's right this season.

personally im putting my money on the flames being top three in the pacific division and the hurricanes being bottom five in the eastern conference.

Pesce and Slavin are better then Hamilton, most people will baxk me up here. Lindholm averages 40 points a season and alwasy around 15-20 goals. Williams is a certain 20 goals a season. Flames aren't a playoff team. Carolina is going to be top 4 in the Metro, and a playoff team. Calgary are probably only better then Vancouver in the west. I can fully see them finishing 7th and thats where I got them. That d isn't anything great, the forwards are good but goaltending, from someone who know's bad goaltending probably better then anyone, is bad

Carolina's shot differential was powered by the D. Carolina allowed the fewest shots against in the league. That is the D. Adding Hamilton who is a hand down better D man and only losing Klas Dahlbeck is a massive improvement. Slavin is a top 20 D man to a lot of people and Pesce isn't far behind him. Adding Calvin De Haan who is a bonified top 4 guy and having an offensive dynamo in Justin Faulk as the extta should show you just how brilliant the D core is.

Peters is an subpar coach at best. He makes panic calls, rash decisions and does not know how to work with a goalie. What ould Calgary's maine concern be? This is why besides Vancouver the are arguably the weakest team in the west. Bad goaltending can kill a team, and if you do not have a D that can make up for it, like Philadelphia or Carolina, you are screwed. Calgary don't. TJ Brodie plays his wrong side. Giordano seemed to take a step back, but is still very good. Hamonic and Hanifin, a disaterous trade aquisition and an inexperienced and soon to be overpaid 21 year old is going yo screw you over. Then you have Micheal Stone who makes 3.5 mil for some god forsaken reason and is going to contribute to cap hell. I think your other D man is Dalton Prout? Maybe? Carolina are very good at producing their own D men, thats known. Calgary really needed Hanifin without giving up Hamilton, cause that hurts.

So when Cgy are sitting at home in the second week of april and Carolina are gearing up to take on the Tampa Bay Lightning or whoever finishes first in the east, I'll be back buddy. For now I'm done argue what you want, just know facts say you are wrong <3
Aug. 17, 2018 at 9:42 a.m.
flames have lots of defensive depth waiting to come into the NHL. this move makes them weaker defensively in theory (Anderson or Valimaki could have just as much impact as brodie) but much stronger offensively. with the above line combos I would call them 1st line, 2 second lines and a third line by comparison to other teams 3rd/4th lines around the league. if Valimaki and Anderson can play solid defense there is not much lost in brodie

CGY is in an enviable position relative to many teams in the league with some parts of the current roster. Yes, CGY's defensive depth is above average in the league. And the team has 3 very strong prospects moving along (Andersson, Kylington, Valimaki). But, none of those three are proven Top 4 guys *YET*. And Brodie most certainly is -- he's shown he can play at a high calibre with Giordano in the past (and maybe most guys can, given how good Giordano is).

But what's the point of increasing defensive uncertainty without testing this roster a bit? Plus, CGY's clear weak point is goaltending. Smith is an excellent tender, but he's not young and CGY collapsed when he got hurt last year. Rittich and Gillies are question marks at this point. Strong defense can help Peters to insulate the below average goaltending depth, to some extent. And that's a really important consideration.

Brodie has played 491 NHL games. Andersson and Valimaki have 11 games between them. Experience could be useful, at least for this season (or at least for the first half of this season).

RNH is a great player on a great contract and brings more center depth to the Top 9 -- there's no arguing this would improve the forward group. It's just really difficult to roll the dice on unproven prospects on the back end in a year when CGY will be in "wait and see" mode with goaltending. The forward group is already structured as deep/strong as we've seen since the early 2000s when Iginla was in his prime.
Canadianape liked this.
Aug. 17, 2018 at 10:12 a.m.
Pesce and Slavin are better then Hamilton, most people will baxk me up here. Lindholm averages 40 points a season and alwasy around 15-20 goals. Williams is a certain 20 goals a season. Flames aren't a playoff team. Carolina is going to be top 4 in the Metro, and a playoff team. Calgary are probably only better then Vancouver in the west. I can fully see them finishing 7th and thats where I got them. That d isn't anything great, the forwards are good but goaltending, from someone who know's bad goaltending probably better then anyone, is bad

Carolina's shot differential was powered by the D. Carolina allowed the fewest shots against in the league. That is the D. Adding Hamilton who is a hand down better D man and only losing Klas Dahlbeck is a massive improvement. Slavin is a top 20 D man to a lot of people and Pesce isn't far behind him. Adding Calvin De Haan who is a bonified top 4 guy and having an offensive dynamo in Justin Faulk as the extta should show you just how brilliant the D core is.

Peters is an subpar coach at best. He makes panic calls, rash decisions and does not know how to work with a goalie. What ould Calgary's maine concern be? This is why besides Vancouver the are arguably the weakest team in the west. Bad goaltending can kill a team, and if you do not have a D that can make up for it, like Philadelphia or Carolina, you are screwed. Calgary don't. TJ Brodie plays his wrong side. Giordano seemed to take a step back, but is still very good. Hamonic and Hanifin, a disaterous trade aquisition and an inexperienced and soon to be overpaid 21 year old is going yo screw you over. Then you have Micheal Stone who makes 3.5 mil for some god forsaken reason and is going to contribute to cap hell. I think your other D man is Dalton Prout? Maybe? Carolina are very good at producing their own D men, thats known. Calgary really needed Hanifin without giving up Hamilton, cause that hurts.

So when Cgy are sitting at home in the second week of april and Carolina are gearing up to take on the Tampa Bay Lightning or whoever finishes first in the east, I'll be back buddy. For now I'm done argue what you want, just know facts say you are wrong <3

what ever dude you clearly don't have a ******** clue about any team outside of the hurricanes
Aug. 17, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
CGY is in an enviable position relative to many teams in the league with some parts of the current roster. Yes, CGY's defensive depth is above average in the league. And the team has 3 very strong prospects moving along (Andersson, Kylington, Valimaki). But, none of those three are proven Top 4 guys *YET*. And Brodie most certainly is -- he's shown he can play at a high calibre with Giordano in the past (and maybe most guys can, given how good Giordano is).

But what's the point of increasing defensive uncertainty without testing this roster a bit? Plus, CGY's clear weak point is goaltending. Smith is an excellent tender, but he's not young and CGY collapsed when he got hurt last year. Rittich and Gillies are question marks at this point. Strong defense can help Peters to insulate the below average goaltending depth, to some extent. And that's a really important consideration.

Brodie has played 491 NHL games. Andersson and Valimaki have 11 games between them. Experience could be useful, at least for this season (or at least for the first half of this season).

RNH is a great player on a great contract and brings more center depth to the Top 9 -- there's no arguing this would improve the forward group. It's just really difficult to roll the dice on unproven prospects on the back end in a year when CGY will be in "wait and see" mode with goaltending. The forward group is already structured as deep/strong as we've seen since the early 2000s when Iginla was in his prime.

I definetly agree with everything you are saying. the only part where I think we disagree is with the readiness of Anderson. the guy looked good last year(with limited experience ill give you that). Valimaki is definetly un proven but his stats make him a fairly safe bet. Flames will definetly need to have a close eye on goal tending this season and you are right one way to insulate goaltending is with strong defense but another way is to score allot of goals.

Id be perfectly happy going into the season with our current roster of forwards I just think RNH could take us to the next Level
Aug. 17, 2018 at 11:05 a.m.
I definetly agree with everything you are saying. the only part where I think we disagree is with the readiness of Anderson. the guy looked good last year(with limited experience ill give you that). Valimaki is definetly un proven but his stats make him a fairly safe bet. Flames will definetly need to have a close eye on goal tending this season and you are right one way to insulate goaltending is with strong defense but another way is to score allot of goals.

Id be perfectly happy going into the season with our current roster of forwards I just think RNH could take us to the next Level

I think the painful part of the trade is sending Bennett 3 hours north. I'm in the camp that thinks he will still find a very serviceable middle 6 game, and is the kind of player you love having in your lineup during playoffs, especially if you ever have a Top 6 injury. I'd rather not advocate selling low on a guy who has a good chance of coming back to bite CGY........here are a few videos that show Bennett is probably much tougher than CGY thought when they drafted him:

Bennett vs Manson (ANA): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e77JlpHRnWI

Bennett vs Trouba (WPG): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfXhJdGKJ2E

Bennett vs Johansen (NSH): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTMwW3q7AyQ
Canadianape liked this.
Aug. 17, 2018 at 12:16 p.m.
I think the painful part of the trade is sending Bennett 3 hours north. I'm in the camp that thinks he will still find a very serviceable middle 6 game, and is the kind of player you love having in your lineup during playoffs, especially if you ever have a Top 6 injury. I'd rather not advocate selling low on a guy who has a good chance of coming back to bite CGY........here are a few videos that show Bennett is probably much tougher than CGY thought when they drafted him:

Bennett vs Manson (ANA): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e77JlpHRnWI

Bennett vs Trouba (WPG): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfXhJdGKJ2E

Bennett vs Johansen (NSH): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTMwW3q7AyQ

ya its very tough for Edmonton and Calgary to trade with each other cause in most cases one team ends up winning the trade at some point for a variety of reasons and that makes the other GM look stupid. They then have to deal with facing what ever player went to the other team 5 times a year and potentially missing a playoff spot because of them. if you send a player to the eastern conference then you only have to deal with it 2 times a year. Edmonton would also have even greater reservations about sending RNH here

don't get me wrong im still on the Bennett train going strong even though the train is off the tracks and on fire. I still believe he could settle down into a solid player on the wing with Jankowski. I am a strong believer in making pairs on NHL teams for chemistry sake.

gaudreau Monahan
Tkachuk Backlund
Bennett Jankowski

if you find a third guy to play with the pair that works then great if not then keep putting different guys with each pair till it clicks.
This is definetly a What if AGM
Aug. 17, 2018 at 12:21 p.m.
what ever dude you clearly don't have a ******** clue about any team outside of the hurricanes

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Next joke please!
Aug. 17, 2018 at 12:52 p.m.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Next joke please!

ill tell you a joke. The hurricanes have made the playoffs 1 time since they won the Stanley cup in 2006. and you are betting on them to make the playoffs with arguably one of the worst offensive lines in the league. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

in the same time frame Calgary has made the playoffs 5 times

ill tell you another joke. in Justins WIlliams 18 seasons of hockey he has scored more than 20 goals 6 times and you think he is a 20 goal scorer at the age of 36. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How bout another joke. you traded away your best player for far less then he was worth. BAHYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

one last one. You honestly think your team is better this year after losing Lindholm, ryan, Hanifin and skinner. while adding no good forwards and 1 extremely defensively flawed defenseman in Hamilton BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA have fun with ferland putting up 20 points this season cause he's not playing on the first line with johnny gaudreau and Monahan. oh wait he might play on the first line cause that's how bad your offensive line up is BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and finally the last thing I will say to you is that you truly are the ultimate joke. Thanks for the Laughs clown

Edit: sorry I thought of another one.......................... Your attendance at your games BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll