Forums/Armchair-GM

Deals on the golf course

Created by: McPhee_Moustache
Team: 2018-19 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 28, 2018
Published: Aug. 28, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Bergevin gets a few phone calls on the greens while at Pacioretty's golf tournament and breaks the news to him in the clubhouse
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$5,500,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Perreault, Mathieu
Additional Details:
Rights to Morrissey
WPG
  1. Pacioretty, Max
  2. Schlemko, David
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (MTL)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$72,249,642$0$1,857,500$7,250,358
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
C
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 28, 2018 at 12:14 p.m.
Except Winnipeg is literally one of the few teams that has zero need for Pacioretty though.

WPG is just not a good fit for a trade for Pacioretty at all.
McPhee_Moustache liked this.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 12:20 p.m.
Ya, Jets are not doing that.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999
Ya, Jets are not doing that.

Thanks for the Deep Thoughts Jack Handy wink
graderman liked this.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Except Winnipeg is literally one of the few teams that has zero need for Pacioretty though.

WPG is just not a good fit for a trade for Pacioretty at all.

I hear yah but man am I bored! Just itching for the new season to start already!
Aug. 28, 2018 at 12:43 p.m.
Billy739
anyone who thinks a team that fell short of a cup isnt interested in a 5 time thirty goal scorer is naive .

now did MTL get to much in this deal , yeah a Morrisey alone has more value then Pacioretty who's a rental UFA
thats why it makes more sense for WPG to move out Myers or Byfluglien pending UFA's before Morrisey a RFA given he's their best LD prospect it makes more sense moving a RD then a LD
Aug. 28, 2018 at 1:23 p.m.
Quoting: McPhee_Moustache
Thanks for the Deep Thoughts Jack Handy wink

Well obviously the deal benefits the Jets way to much so that is why they won’t do it.?

Sarcasm aside. Jets have Conner and Ehlers already. LW is a strength. LD is a weakness. After Morrisey there is nothing. Trading from weakness to fix a strength is the opposite of how things are done. Perreault and a prospect might interest them. They can’t afford to lose Morrisey.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 2:20 p.m.
I hear yah but man am I bored! Just itching for the new season to start already!

Yup same here man. I'd trade Pacioretty for a bag of pucks for Hockey to start already. LOL laugh
Aug. 28, 2018 at 2:37 p.m.
Quoting: Billy739
anyone who thinks a team that fell short of a cup isnt interested in a 5 time thirty goal scorer is naive .

now did MTL get to much in this deal , yeah a Morrisey alone has more value then Pacioretty who's a rental UFA
thats why it makes more sense for WPG to move out Myers or Byfluglien pending UFA's before Morrisey a RFA given he's their best LD prospect it makes more sense moving a RD then a LD

The team literally has:

A 31 goal scoring rookie whose 21 yo. (Connor)
A Multi 60+ point 22 year old. (Ehlers)
A 90 point veteran captain. (Wheeler)
A 44 goal scoring generational talent. (Laine)
A former 1st rounder prospect with some major upside (Veselainen)
A couple Center/Winger players who produce (Perreault/Little)
A slew of youngish players all capable of scoring/creating offense. (Roslovic/Petan/Dano)
(Not too mention very solid 4th line style players who play that role well. Lowry/Copp/Tanev etc)

WPG's Wingers are arguably their strongest area. If they want to spend assets to get better, they should do like they did last year (True secondary center like Stastny behind Scheifele , If Roslovic isn't cutting it) or get a true top 4 LHD behind Morrissey. (Unless Niku surprises)

No one is saying they aren't "interested". If he was given away for free, of course they wouldn't refuse. But that is besides the point. THEY DON'T "NEED" HIM. Hence why give up assets for an area you don't have a weakness in. Similarly MTL is in the same boat but obviously to a lesser extent. What would be the point in Habs getting another winger right now?? They don't even have enough spots for every single one they currently do have.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 2:54 p.m.
Billy739
The team literally has:

A 31 goal scoring rookie whose 21 yo. (Connor)
A Multi 60+ point 22 year old. (Ehlers)
A 90 point veteran captain. (Wheeler)
A 44 goal scoring generational talent. (Laine)
A former 1st rounder prospect with some major upside (Veselainen)
A couple Center/Winger players who produce (Perreault/Little)
A slew of youngish players all capable of scoring/creating offense. (Roslovic/Petan/Dano)
(Not too mention very solid 4th line style players who play that role well. Lowry/Copp/Tanev etc)

WPG's Wingers are arguably their strongest area. If they want to spend assets to get better, they should do like they did last year (True secondary center like Stastny behind Scheifele , If Roslovic isn't cutting it) or get a true top 4 LHD behind Morrissey. (Unless Niku surprises)

No one is saying they aren't "interested". If he was given away for free, of course they wouldn't refuse. But that is besides the point. THEY DON'T "NEED" HIM. Hence why give up assets for an area you don't have a weakness in. Simarly MTL is in the same boat but obviously to a lesser extent. What would be the point in Habs getting another winger right now?? They don;t even have spots for every single one they currently do have.

only if you dont look at things in context

you literally trying to play checkers with chess pieces with not a single thought about positioning .
WPG Possession Centers from Little to Shiefele , Lowry - Copp are some of the more consistent Centers in the entire NHL depth wise before even mentioning Perrault whom WPG has the Luxury of using as a Winger now but spent the majority of his career taking faceoffs in the bottom 6.(the perfect mentor for Roslovic as he can prepare him to take Center and transition back to wing )

what you dont have is a single players capable of 30 goals on your third line unlike last year given Ehlers-Laine are expected to play top 6 this year its only logical they'd seek to replace the edge they had scoring wise on third line if they plan on continued success .

why you under value your centers this much is beyond me
your third line last year was what lead you to the playoffs with dominance
this year your looking at Lowry-Perrault -Roslovic and that just wont cut it after Ehlers 29 and Laine's 44 from the same position.

PIT is atleast self aware enough to know it was their third line depth that put them over and they went all in getting 2 cups in 3 years on the philosophy while WPG is always the bridesmaid never the bride it seems
Aug. 28, 2018 at 2:59 p.m.
Billy739
Yup same here man. I'd trade Pacioretty for a bag of pucks for Hockey to start already. LOL laugh

and thats why you're opinions are so immature .

you have no respect for the game or those who play it .
its sad really
Aug. 28, 2018 at 3:17 p.m.
only if you dont look at things in context

you literally trying to play checkers with chess pieces with not a single thought about positioning .
WPG Possession Centers from Little to Shiefele , Lowry - Copp are some of the more consistent Centers in the entire NHL depth wise before even mentioning Perrault whom WPG has the Luxury of using as a Winger now but spent the majority of his career taking faceoffs in the bottom 6.(the perfect mentor for Roslovic as he can prepare him to take Center and transition back to wing )

what you dont have is a single players capable of 30 goals on your third line unlike last year given Ehlers-Laine are expected to play top 6 this year its only logical they'd seek to replace the edge they had scoring wise on third line if they plan on continued success .

why you under value your centers this much is beyond me
your third line last year was what lead you to the playoffs with dominance
this year your looking at Lowry-Perrault -Roslovic and that just wont cut it after Ehlers 29 and Laine's 44 from the same position.

PIT is atleast self aware enough to know it was their third line depth that put them over and they went all in getting 2 cups in 3 years on the philosophy while WPG is always the bridesmaid never the bride it seems

Would adding McDavid to Toronto's already center heavy team make them worse? Of course not! Yes adding a 30 goal scorer to any team makes you better by default. That's not even the question.

Its whether or not adding another winger, over other positions is what WPG needs. I don't think so. I think they have the firepower. (And can add that extra playoff 3rd line depth similar to Pit at the deadline with a draft pick if they want to)

Right now, second line center is a concern (its the reason they brought in Statsny) and the left side (after Morrissey) is weak. Chariot is bottom pairing. Kulikov is only a top 4 on weak teams. Niku is an unproven rookie who could surprise or fail..

So bringing up Pittsburgh is kind of pointless, they are very different teams as Pitts was uber heavy down the middle and WPG is not as much. That's besides the fact that Pitts has Crosby and Malkin. Those.....you know.... X factors.

This isn't chess or checkers. This is pretty much stuff the team has said, fans have said and anyone not just trying to prove a point is saying. BTW Im not a Jets fan.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 3:23 p.m.
Billy739
Would adding McDavid to Toronto's already center heavy team make them worse? Of course not! Yes adding a 30 goal scorer to any team makes you better by default. That's not even the question.

Its whether or not adding another winger, over other positions is what WPG needs. I don't think so. I think they have the firepower. (And can add that extra playoff 3rd line depth similar to Pit at the deadline with a draft pick if they want to)

Right now, second line center is a concern (its the reason they brought in Statsny) and the left side (after Morrissey) is weak. Chariot is bottom pairing. Kulikov is only a top 4 on weak teams. Niku is an unproven rookie who could surprise or fail..

So bringing up Pittsburgh is kind of pointless, they are very different teams as Pitts was uber heavy down the middle and WPG is not as much. That's besides the fact that Pitts has Crosby and Malkin. Those.....you know.... X factors.

This isn't chess or checkers. This is pretty much stuff the team has said, fans have said and anyone not just trying to prove a point is saying. BTW Im not a Jets fan.

this is what i meant about lack of Context and Immaturity .

i wont lower myself to speak to you.
either talk in context like normal people or
keep your manipulations to yourself
no one cares.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 3:29 p.m.
this is what i meant about lack of Context and Immaturity .

i wont lower myself to speak to you.
no one cares.

LOL I apologize oh magnificent one.. Please educate us!

The worst part is this was a non confrontational discussion that you are somehow taking personal....... maybe too used to having defend yourself all the time eh Billy?
graderman liked this.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 3:34 p.m.
Billy739
LOL I apologize oh magnificent one.. Please educate us!

The worst part is this was a non confrontational discussion that you are somehow taking personal....... maybe too used to having defend yourself all the time eh Billy?

educate yourself i'm here to talk hockey like an adult in context

i wont let people lie and manipulate so suddenly now im taking it personal ?
grow up , when you make a false statement they are called out as such without apology .

if you're not offended just a little by people who will try to for example lie then you're likely the problem .
for Example : your comment about a hoffman trade being a UFA signing who got traded same day because
you were challenged in an opinion that was factually wrong and couldnt find a legitimate source so you bullshitted hoping i didnt pay attention to the hoffman trade.

playing the victim is for those who aren't capable of defending their POV in context .
Aug. 28, 2018 at 3:40 p.m.
educate yourself i'm here to talk hockey like an adult in context

i wont let people lie and manipulate so suddenly now im taking it personal ?
grow up , when you make a false statement they are called out as such without apology .

if you're not offended just a little by people who will try to for example lie then you're likely the problem .
for Example : your comment about a hoffman trade being a UFA signing who got traded same day because
you were challenged in an opinion that was factually wrong and couldnt find a legitimate source so you bullshitted hoping i didnt pay attention to the hoffman trade.

playing the victim is for those who aren't capable of defending their POV in context .

I challenge you to find one lie I said.

But for one that is claiming maturity, you are the one losing your **** over what was a very civil and good debate. Frankly I don't even care anymore. I gave my opinion and if you don;t like it fine. Have fun talking to yourself.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 3:49 p.m.
Billy739
I challenge you to find one lie I said.

But for one that is claiming maturity, you are the one losing your **** over what was a very civil and good debate. Frankly I don't even care anymore. I gave my opinion and if you don;t like it fine. Have fun talking to yourself.

no im the one responding back

if you equate anyone challenging your views as ''losing their **** '' again you're the problem .
if you need to convince yourself you're not then continuing this dialogue playing the victim will just leave you more frustrated .

you need people to conform or agree with you and understand nothing of having a debate or you wouldnt be so upset right now.
anyways im tired of explaining how to maturely debate with adults , if you want to live life without Context that's your Prerogative
Aug. 28, 2018 at 4:01 p.m.

if you equate anyone challenging your views as ''losing their **** '' again you're the problem .
if you need to convince yourself you're not then continuing this dialogue playing the victim will just leave you more frustrated .

you need people to conform or agree with you and understand nothing of having a debate or you wouldnt be so upset right now.
anyways im tired of explaining how to maturely debate with adults , if you want to live life without Context that's your Prerogative

Now now boys remember, we are just playing make believe in the sand box. This is all for $*ts and giggles.
J2W and Billy739 liked this.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 4:03 p.m.
Now now boys remember, we are just playing make believe in the sand box. This is all for $*ts and giggles.

FYI - I respect both of your opinions on this site. I find you both usually bring some good points forward.
Billy739 liked this.
Aug. 28, 2018 at 4:22 p.m.
Billy739

i get testy when people present facts out of context .
never been a big fan of lying to win a debate .

my word is my bond , it has to be in my business
so i get extra irritated when people are wrong and know they are wrong but choose to make up a lie to avoid admitting it .
i mean he listed off Hoffman ,Jokinen,Mcleod,Stalberg and Ott as UFA's who signed with a new team only to be traded for picks right away when in reality not a single one of them did such.

its one thing to have a rival opinion , its another to not have an opinion and make things up just so you can feel included in the conversation .
you'll notice for example my conversations with Gofnut999 are always dueling debates as we are always debating different viewpoints.
that being said we never get this far of track its always point vs counter point with us occasionally calling bullshit or for a source check .
Aug. 28, 2018 at 4:27 p.m.

What challenging your views?

Is this challenging your views:

"and thats why you're opinions are so immature .

its sad really"

"i wont lower myself to speak to you.
no one cares."

"educate yourself i'm here to talk hockey like an adult in context "

This isn't even a debate anymore...... This is you losing your ****. I, the child is incapable of discussing trade ideas unless it follows your guidelines of how one may speak.

I literally had a different opinion than you did and somehow you spun this into a context and maturity thing? Shall I blindly agree with you? Would you prefer that?

I somehow feel you misinterpreted something I said as an aggressive attack against you and went all WW2 on here. Up until you were clamoring from your high horse, I was enjoying our back and forth dialogue. Now its not even about hockey anymore. Well done!!

and thats why you're opinions are so immature .

its sad really

This. Was. A. Joke. For Crying. Out. Loud.

Take another Zoloft there Billy, your getting testy at water being wet. (Or not)
Aug. 28, 2018 at 5:06 p.m.
Billy739
What challenging your views?

Is this challenging your views:

"and thats why you're opinions are so immature .

its sad really"

"i wont lower myself to speak to you.
no one cares."

"educate yourself i'm here to talk hockey like an adult in context "

This isn't even a debate anymore...... This is you losing your ****. I, the child is incapable of discussing trade ideas unless it follows your guidelines of how one may speak.

I literally had a different opinion than you did and somehow you spun this into a context and maturity thing? Shall I blindly agree with you? Would you prefer that?

I somehow feel you misinterpreted something I said as an aggressive attack against you and went all WW2 on here. Up until you were clamoring from your high horse, I was enjoying our back and forth dialogue. Now its not even about hockey anymore. Well done!!

This. Was. A. Joke. For Crying. Out. Loud.

Take another Zoloft there Billy, your getting testy at water being wet. (Or not)

SMH this right here is why i dont care for you .

if someone points out im wrong , i dont act like an asshat to distract people from the fact i was wrong .
i own it like an adult , learn from it and move on .

you keep talking about taking drugs ,that might be your way to deal with life
but stop trying to force junkie habits on me because you feel threatened .
Aug. 28, 2018 at 6:35 p.m.
SMH this right here is why i dont care for you .

if someone points out im wrong , i dont act like an asshat to distract people from the fact i was wrong .
i own it like an adult , learn from it and move on .

you keep talking about taking drugs ,that might be your way to deal with life
but stop trying to force junkie habits on me because you feel threatened .

How am I wrong? All you do is keep saying how immature I am and CONTEXT CONTEXT...... it started out as a debate about opinion and somehow Im still wrong?

I named Hoffman and those other players in the OTHER THREAD YOU "ASSHAT" and was not wrong. You misunderstood what the poster meant. You actually admitted to it but it doesn't matter right, you'll find some microscopic thing to blow out of proportions yet again because that's all you do. Keep reinforcing yourself that you are a grown boy....... One day Pinocchio, one day.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll